Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gods' Games We Play (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
About time Pearl is part of the team...

As for the episode, they also introduced a new city so this anime is trying to build more into its world fiction. I'm not sure how to feel about the Nel being introduced as a character. Maybe she has potential with her enhanced superhuman abilities. Her request to be Fay's sub coordinate out of nowhere. Honestly, I think she was a bit too airheaded but her physical skills are kinda impressive.
Apr 29, 6:50 AM

Dec 2021
New arc, new setting.

Even though Pearl has become an official member, there are too many hopefuls for the Gods' Game, preventing Fey and the others from attempting Gods' Playground. So, Miranda suggests that they participate in the World Games Tour instead. Waiting for them in the chosen city of Mar-La, the holy fountain city, is a former apostle girl named Nell.

New arc, new member for the harem... yay.

Apr 29, 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Yet another member of Fay's harem coming for him...which is a good thing for Nel Reckless.

The defeat of Uroboros has sparked more interest in the Apostles playing the games, and the place they're going next is the Sacred Spring City of Mal-ra, being one of the places requested of them...and that's where Nel is too, with her adamantly wanting to be part of his group with desperation and kicking up a fuss with her superhuman feet powers.

With Chief Secretary Balegger Ions attending to Fay and his party about the World Games Tour, it's a spectacle to be fighting against Leshea and Fay, even more so for Dax Gear Scimitar, an Apostle who has won a game against a god before, who attempts to recruit him into his group, but that Fay has no interest in. Like and unlike Pearl, Nel is not the type to give up on the gods' game, not like the who quit due to her circumstances. Even with Nel still desperately trying, her and Dax clearly don't get along, but are willing to make risks for their victory.

Mal-ra vs. Ruin, with Dax vs. Fay, one can expect a good match between them, and I hope it's rather so.
Apr 29, 9:57 AM
Sep 2021
Nel wants to be on the same team as Fay, let's see how she will secure it.
Apr 29, 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
New arc, new girl, new city eh. Fay, Pearl and Leshea’s exploits against Uroboros have made them something of celebrities among the rookies and everyone’s vying to get them on their team.

We get introduced to Nel who’s already making a push for best girl with that “I want to be your woman” introduction and some of the higher ups of the fountain city of Mal-ra. From the OP we know Nel will join the team after this arc, will be interesting to see how everything plays out with this game.

5 eps in and this show is just kinda meh rn. Story wise it’s got some interesting ideas, but just feels really flat. Uninspiring production values as well. I did think episode 4 was decent, so hopefully they can replicate that with the next few games as well.
Apr 29, 3:30 PM

May 2015
Nearly get hit by a car? Nope the car gets hit by Nel! Dax being a friendly high spirited rival is an unexpected breath of fresh air.
Apr 29, 4:29 PM

May 2019
Well, Nel's last name is kind of descriptive of her with the way she just ran into the street without looking for traffic and then proceeds to kick the car that almost hit her, haha. Judging by the ED it looks like Nel will join Fay's harem team at some point.
Apr 29, 6:05 PM
Jan 2024
good chapter let's hope who wins in the next chapter
Apr 29, 10:09 PM
Apr 2022
the protagoniat has no real motive other than just playing games. i guess you get one wish if u complete all the games but big deal. the protagonist already has enough fame, money, generic handsome looks and red blue yellow girls around to form a harem. he already has it all but he just wants to complete the game because he can. also, he's always playing the game in easy mode using his game hacking intelligence. the games feel very unfair to other contestants but to him, the games are just stages for the protagonist to show off his genius intellect. he also acquired a powerful goddess as a team, like how is that even fair to other contestants? the games themselves are like playgrounds that have zero risks and he is just the big boy there. it's boring. gonna drop this show.
Apr 30, 7:40 AM
Apr 2023
I thought Dax will become an irritating character, but somehow he is a very likable character, with him being objective about things and passionate about the God Games (in which I feel him being passionate about the games is his way of enjoying it).
Trivia: Sugoroku is just the japanese word for a board game in which the objective is to reach the end first through dice-rolling, and I guess each dice roll will land you on a spot with condition which needs to be fulfilled (like let's say in Jumanji).
Apr 30, 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
episode or so, I don't understand how someone has the reaction of running instead of simply talking, but ok
Apr 30, 3:31 PM
May 2023
tekkenshu7 said:
I thought Dax will become an irritating character, but somehow he is a very likable character, with him being objective about things and passionate about the God Games (in which I feel him being passionate about the games is his way of enjoying it).
Trivia: Sugoroku is just the japanese word for a board game in which the objective is to reach the end first through dice-rolling, and I guess each dice roll will land you on a spot with condition which needs to be fulfilled (like let's say in Jumanji).

okay that was new to me for Sugoroku and i guess after they land in spot there will be like mini-games in which they need to win/complete their objective before move on.
Apr 30, 5:53 PM

Aug 2020
Nel is cute, she is wife xD I like her. The dice game against Dax now...

I don't even care if it's predictable or not. I kinda like these shows...

Apr 30, 8:10 PM

Nov 2009
More Harem Waifus gathering around the MC.

Everyone wants a piece of that RCookie.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 30, 10:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh bout time Fay stop his unstoppable God's game play, and now looking for more game challenge around the world. Here come the city of spring for Fay and the girls to enjoy.

Well the samurai girl is here and she already sworn her loyalty only for our goddamn mc, Fay. His respond? Running away like a bitch and realize he made a mistake sooner later. Okay plot i guess, since those scene includes the famous truck-kun strike, which unfortunately its not even a truck-kun and even fail to isekai that girl. Good enough?

Nah. There's Arnold here, and then some edgy boy tryin to be the mc, Dax. Idk what on earth they do be so competitive while they both have the same goal saving the world from whatever cause effect, to complete nonsense God's game. Guess that's the edge to keep the plot stay in line. But whatever cringe the circumstances, or the plot, happening there, let's go play some snakes and ladders! Without snakes and ladders! Its seems...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 1, 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Oh boy we get Dax the Seto Kaiba knockoff. Also....why does he have a special jacket when Fey has like five wins? I shouldn't question it as this show is really stupid.

Bonus points for having a creepy fangirl who is calling Fay master despite knowing him for five seconds. Also her kick sucked. I don't see the point to this character since she is retired.

This show is such a mess that it isn't trying anymore.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 6, 2:05 PM

Feb 2016
So boooring. A lot of empty trash-talk, 0 action.
Jun 11, 12:23 AM
Aug 2023
MC always win unlogicly

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

28 by Railen »»
Aug 26, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24

35 by dhell26 »»
Aug 17, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17

22 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 12, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3

31 by lasodamos »»
Jul 28, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15

29 by lasodamos »»
Jul 23, 1:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.