Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2:44 PM

May 2019
I've never played any of Nier game, but surely i knew that this game was a huge sucess, very praised, inspired lots of cultured cosplayers 🗿 etc.

So i was very curious about this anime.

I liked it, a bit disappointed about the 1st episode, but then it turn better with the character's devenlopment.

Still, what a mess is this plot? Can someone spoil and explain to me?

Spoilers of the 1st season ahead:

↓↓↓

↑↑↑

Thanks!
Apr 27, 2:57 PM

Apr 2021
I am anime only, but it is still in my planned to watch.

It is one I’ll watch sooner than later though.
ejleonApr 27, 3:20 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 27, 3:34 PM
Dec 2022
I'm an anime only fan. I haven't played the game yet.
Apr 27, 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
Anime only, but it incentivized me to wanting to play the game. (It’s in my wishlist but don’t have the funds for it)
Apr 27, 6:19 PM
Jun 2023
I started with replicant, that game was amazing so I got automata and it was a 10/10 one of the BEST games ive ever played then the anime came out and it was good. I do stoll have a bias towards the game cause it is a actual masterpiece
Apr 27, 8:10 PM
Mar 2023
Game 🗿🔥,2B 🗿🔥
Apr 28, 3:35 AM
Dec 2018
Rob7 said:
I've never played any of Nier game, but surely i knew that this game was a huge sucess, very praised, inspired lots of cultured cosplayers 🗿 etc.

I liked it, a bit disappointed about the 1st episode, but then it turn better with the character's devenlopment.

↓↓↓

↑↑↑

Thanks!

So to answer your question about humanity.

Apr 28, 7:31 AM
Jun 2022
First experienced the stories via the Novels, haven't finished the anime yet
Apr 28, 4:14 PM
Oct 2020
Played the game about a year before anime came out. One of the best games I've played for sure. Anime felt weaker after the game, though it follows the story of the game pretty close, I would recommend playing the game if you have time to spare, as it will take around 40-50 hours to complete, but you will not regret it. Game might feel challenging, but you can always set to easy mode to simply enjoy the story.
Don't get me wrong tho, anime is still pretty good and I can't wait for the second season.
Apr 30, 5:24 AM

Aug 2022
Well the main story is too long (and too good) I wish Anime was about all of that!! I mean from the Drakengard series (which is about Nier world ) to Nier games...
I only played Nier Automata once (even automata has many endings and details) so I watched the summary of story from Drakengard to Nier games on youtube, simply the best story in video games!

I think you guys should try Nier Automata and also watch anime and alsooo watch the whole story on youtube!!!!!
1WanteD1Apr 30, 5:27 AM
May 7, 1:12 PM
Jul 2020
Rob7 said:

↓↓↓

↑↑↑

Thanks!

the anime doesn't do the game justice at all
legit was a massive disappointment
i played both nier replicant and automata
in the anime they changed the plot
and skipped over alot of things
they didn't pay attention to side missions that added massive depths to the game like (amnesia)
it was heavily rushed and i doubt that the second season will fix anything
Jun 11, 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to Kirito_Sama_
Rob7 said:

↓↓↓

↑↑↑

Thanks!

the anime doesn't do the game justice at all
legit was a massive disappointment
i played both nier replicant and automata
in the anime they changed the plot
and skipped over alot of things
they didn't pay attention to side missions that added massive depths to the game like (amnesia)
it was heavily rushed and i doubt that the second season will fix anything
IIRC the anime adapted the YoRHa Girls V1.1a stage play, pearl harbor descent record, and both of route A and B in first cour. That's why the plot is different than the game.

100% completed both Automata and Replicant ver √1.5.
Jun 11, 12:33 PM

Feb 2020
"Are you an Anime-only or Player of the game?"

Anime only.
Jun 18, 8:28 AM

Jan 2020
Seeing so many people say anime only is 🤢😭
Jun 22, 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
Reply to Shamsy
Seeing so many people say anime only is 🤢😭
@Shamsy some people don't play console/pc games, no need to feel sick

-----------------

The twist was made in Nier first, so it isn't really a big twist in Automata, it's more about the aliens and the people behind the androids.

The anime is a bit different bc we're reminded constantly that the settlement 2B and 9S go to, are all androids, it's not like that in the game.

Jun 22, 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
First game in the series was Drakengard 3, then Replicant, then Automata but haven't finished it.
Jun 24, 2:09 AM

Dec 2018
Never was able to get my hands on drakengard, but Automata was the first game I ever platinumed. Masterpiece.
Jun 28, 3:10 PM

Feb 2021
I only watch the anime but plan to play games soon after the anime ends.
Jun 28, 7:26 PM
Feb 2020
100% completed both Replicant and Automata games.
The main problem with the anime is the pace, already quite crazy/weird/unique in the game, and even more difficult to adapt to something you have only to watch.
This is also the second biggest problem for the players, we are biased. We LIVED the story and spent 20+ hours with these characters (even 50+ to 100% complete everything). It's really difficult to condense all of this in 6 hours (12h with the S2). The anime itself IS NOT BAD. Just a bit rushed, in my opinion. 3 total seasons instead of 2 would have been perfect to keep a correct pace and give it better justice
Jun 28, 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
anime only but consume rule 34 contents of 2b
Jun 28, 7:37 PM

Jun 2024
I have only played NieR: Automata. I'm not really interested in the anime.
Jul 3, 8:50 PM

Feb 2016
Rob7 said:

That is explained in the 1st Nier game.
その目だれの目?
Jul 4, 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
I'm an anime only. I enjoyed the first season. Thanks to its storytelling and ending puppetry bits sharing more info about the lore, I didn't feel lost or confused while watching they show itself.
Jul 4, 9:27 PM
Aug 2021
I Am An Anime-Only, Have Heard/Seen Alot About This Game Tho, It's Pretty Iconic(At Least 2B Is 😏), I'd Really Love To Play It As Soon As Possible, I Have Been Playing Nier Replicent Which Is Supposed To Be A Prequel To It And Having Alot Of Fun With It
Jul 4, 9:27 PM
Aug 2021
Shinpei106 said:
Game 🗿🔥,2B 🗿🔥

Fact And...FACT! 🤝
Jul 5, 2:47 PM

Oct 2019
I was always planning to play it, but I finally picked it up and finished it to watch the anime.... but I haven't started the anime yet. I will soon though.

I have 0 clue how they are going to do the credits which is imo the best part of the game, but we'll see.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 6, 2:48 PM

May 2018
Where's the option "Not a player, but watched someone completing all the endings and extra content."?
Jul 7, 12:42 PM
Jun 2010
I've platinumed original Nier and Automata and both are great games. Still need to finish Drakengard 3 though.
Jul 7, 4:18 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to alshu
Where's the option "Not a player, but watched someone completing all the endings and extra content."?
@alshu, yes, it is for me also.
Jul 8, 12:28 AM
Oct 2019
Anime only, i heard about the game for many years but never got a chance to play it myself.
Jul 8, 9:14 AM
Nov 2019
Automata and Replicant only. Gotta try Drakengard 3 in near future.
Jul 8, 12:47 PM
Jan 2015
For anime-onlys, the story of Automata is better consumed as a video game! So, if you have the time and the equipment, then it is better to expereince this beautiful story in the original medium it was intended for! otherwise, the anime is still pretty solid and faithful, however it just felt different in its game format...
Jul 9, 5:32 PM
Nov 2016
I haven't played the games, I'm anime only, I wasn't too impressed with part 1 so I don't know if I will watch this one but I will keep an eye on part 2 and see if the rating fluctuates, if I see a good rating by the end of it I may watch it.
Jul 10, 8:33 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Timvdh said:
Anime only, but it incentivized me to wanting to play the game. (It’s in my wishlist but don’t have the funds for it)

I can gift it to you on steam
Jul 10, 8:36 AM
Mar 2021
ColCasey said:
Timvdh said:

If this is real, I’ll cry LMAO my steam friend code is 1284256560
Jul 10, 8:40 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Reply to Timvdh
ColCasey said:
Timvdh said:

If this is real, I’ll cry LMAO my steam friend code is 1284256560
@Timvdh Course it's real, added you now :D
Jul 10, 8:41 AM
Mar 2021
@ColCasey accepted 😭😭
Jul 10, 8:42 AM

May 2019
Wow! Not all heroes wear capes.
Jul 10, 8:45 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Reply to Timvdh
@ColCasey accepted 😭😭
@Timvdh You should have received it now :)
Jul 10, 8:46 AM
Mar 2021
@ColCasey WHAAAT, THANK YOU SO MUCJHDI ILL PLAY IT AFTER WORK!!
Jul 10, 8:47 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Reply to Timvdh
@ColCasey WHAAAT, THANK YOU SO MUCJHDI ILL PLAY IT AFTER WORK!!
@Timvdh Don't sweat it, hope you enjoy the game!
Jul 10, 9:33 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Rob7 said:
Wow! Not all heroes wear capes.

😂 Just doing a good deed to my fellow brethren!
Jul 11, 4:38 AM

Apr 2014
This anime must be utterly incomprehensible to anyone who hasnt completed at least Automata, I cant imagine it was made for such an audience. Honestly Im glad it exists just because that game is really long and I'll never have the time to replay it. But if you want the short version, there's a great 6.5 hour video on youtube that runs down the entire lore of the franchise that will answer all your questions
Jul 11, 6:28 PM
Sep 2020
I've played NieR: Automata and NieR: Replicant and thoroughly enjoyed the story in both games. Both games have left a huge impression on me so I can't help but obsess over anything NieR related.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6

63 by SouthRzVa »»
Yesterday, 5:49 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

50 by TheMangaManiac »»
Yesterday, 2:09 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13

47 by qxoa »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

» How and who created those two AIs? Got even more questions (spoilers till ep 11))

Otaku_guru - Sep 21

5 by Otaku_guru »»
Sep 21, 1:47 PM

» Will they play weight of the world ost from the game in the finale?

MegamiRem - Sep 20

7 by Zane_0 »»
Sep 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.