Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
He completely broke her bruh wtf.
Apr 3, 12:55 PM
Feb 2018
poor Nagi, she didn't deserve that kind of person in her life, that was totally uncalled for
Apr 3, 1:36 PM

Jul 2021
We he took it emotionally in the previous chapter (at least that's how I interpreted it).
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 3, 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
Mao is indeed a petty, manipulative asshole. What was his problem, exactly? What he did was just a typical psychological abuse. And he casually did this to a traumatized child, Nagi, who has just lost her parents in a natural disaster. Poor Nagi. She didn't deserve it. No human being deserves to be called as being guilty for tragedies they had nothing to do with. Especially children who are way more vulnerable to this stuff than adults.
Apr 3, 6:58 PM
Jan 2022
Adnash said:
Mao is indeed a petty, manipulative asshole. What was his problem, exactly? What he did was just a typical psychological abuse. And he casually did this to a traumatized child, Nagi, who has just lost her parents in a natural disaster. Poor Nagi. She didn't deserve it. No human being deserves to be called as being guilty for tragedies they had nothing to do with. Especially children who are way more vulnerable to this stuff than adults.

Agreed (character limit)
Apr 3, 7:55 PM

Oct 2020
Damn! Top 10 most tragic anime back stories right here
Apr 3, 8:43 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to CQLLIST
We he took it emotionally in the previous chapter (at least that's how I interpreted it).
@CQLLIST

yep i did too

btw what do you think of when the story makes you need to interpret something youself?
do you prefer it to tell you outright or for you to think for yourself?
(in general btw)
"People can only save themselves. One person saving another is impossible."
Apr 3, 11:22 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to A055
@CQLLIST

yep i did too

btw what do you think of when the story makes you need to interpret something youself?
do you prefer it to tell you outright or for you to think for yourself?
(in general btw)
@A055. Sorry that I can't find a way to make a straightforward answer or that in doesn't make sense in this case but here are my thoughts:

When a story requires interpretation, it invites me to delve deeper into the intricacies of the characters and their motivations. For instance, observing the uncle's initial desire to live with Nagi followed by his sudden shift to blaming her for her parents' tragic deaths in the tsunami prompts me to question the factors that made quite a drastic change in his heart. They definitely have a family connection, which feels emotional to me. Though, I'm still puzzled by what the author is trying to convey in this chapter, it does dive deeper into another level of grief and shows how Nagi's uncle manipulates her, and gives me a clearer picture of the emotions Nagi is going through and how her uncle's actions affect her.

Overall, I tend to enjoy stories that leave some things open for interpretation. This lets me really get involved with the story, using my imagination and critical thinking. Whether it's figuring out why characters do what they do or unraveling plot twists, even if some things are confusing at first, figuring them out on my own makes reading more fun and satisfying for me.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 4, 12:48 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to CQLLIST
@A055. Sorry that I can't find a way to make a straightforward answer or that in doesn't make sense in this case but here are my thoughts:

When a story requires interpretation, it invites me to delve deeper into the intricacies of the characters and their motivations. For instance, observing the uncle's initial desire to live with Nagi followed by his sudden shift to blaming her for her parents' tragic deaths in the tsunami prompts me to question the factors that made quite a drastic change in his heart. They definitely have a family connection, which feels emotional to me. Though, I'm still puzzled by what the author is trying to convey in this chapter, it does dive deeper into another level of grief and shows how Nagi's uncle manipulates her, and gives me a clearer picture of the emotions Nagi is going through and how her uncle's actions affect her.

Overall, I tend to enjoy stories that leave some things open for interpretation. This lets me really get involved with the story, using my imagination and critical thinking. Whether it's figuring out why characters do what they do or unraveling plot twists, even if some things are confusing at first, figuring them out on my own makes reading more fun and satisfying for me.
@CQLLIST
Without more context, we can't really say exactly what his motives are because they're a bit vague. 
But he did stop her from killing herself; it also "seems" like he cares for her wellbeing, and what he said was on the spur of the moment, or he intended to add additional guilt to her intently because he blames her for the accident and believes living with the guilt will be more painful than death.
but personally, I would go with the latter. 

all in all enjoy it when the author makes you interpret something on your own. 
And as you said, it's enjoyable to find out yourself. 
I like it the most when they scatter hints around before telling you. 
Like with Ougi (monogatari) and Archer (fate), they both were carried out well. 

The only problem is when it's too vague and I need to go to Reddit and look around at different posts (with 30 different answers to said question)
"People can only save themselves. One person saving another is impossible."
Apr 4, 9:50 PM
Oct 2023
sorry I couldn't tell because I am in chapter 100...
Apr 5, 6:33 AM

Aug 2016
He blamed her for everything and then told her that she has to live, sheesh
"I’m alone. I hate being alone. Being alone makes me feel empty."
Hanabi Yasuraoka

Apr 6, 5:48 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to abidsumon
sorry I couldn't tell because I am in chapter 100...
@abidsumon Ayy, then I suggest avoiding mostly threads about the chapters released in the last few weeks, or months. That is, if you want to avoid spoilers and don't want to see what's gonna happen in the next 70+ chapters (if you are currently on ch. 100). :P
Apr 6, 6:53 PM
Sep 2018
is it just me or is this series just trash, it was good to start with but characters the further they were developed felt less and less human, and only there to inflict more tragegy regardless of what actually benefits them overall. Sadly its a car crash i cannot help to keep reading cause i wanna see how it ends
May 19, 7:36 AM
Aug 2020
i can really understand her feelings

not easy...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...

More topics from this board

» Will end in 5 chapters

ARK-13 - Jun 19

11 by BitChilly »»
Jun 20, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 179 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 19

11 by ryzxgum »»
Jun 20, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 174 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 9

5 by otakuweek »»
Jun 20, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 173 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 17

7 by otakuweek »»
Jun 20, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 178 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 12

2 by Adnash »»
Jun 18, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.