Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2:47 AM

Sep 2013
Really nice finale, the hospital part was feels heavy but i'm pretty frustrated by what i can imagine be an open ending, its over when it seems to be getting good

Mc from the original manga is officially back, there's a dream team of firefighters assembled, some big accident teased, i'm craving for way more

I'm still hoping for a sequel since the anime is apparently extremely popular in Japan contrary to the rest of the world, we'll see.

Overall solid 7/10, higher without all the unnecessary reminders and flashbacks but still a pretty cool anime about a really really cool theme.
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 23, 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
The rescue effort from the building has hit a snag where Shun almost lost his life saving the arsonist, and Fire Company M's self-destructing drone just had to make things worse from assisting way too late. The real reason of why he became a firefighter, more than just his one-sided loe for Yuki, it's his family's incident that caused him to be the way he is. Amakasu feeling the heat too, and Asahino realizing that even the famed company will not make it to alleviate the impending threat that would strike in the future, everyone's at a loss.

The arsonist clearing things up with his POV on the dust explosion from his benefactor Shun facing a fate even worse than death, his apology almost threatening Daigo to take action against him, and thankfully, Shun devised his wheat allergy enough to listen to reason, saving his life. Asahino and Amakasu meeting Yamagami to relinquish on him taking both Shun and Daigo and not give them to Fire Company M, the 6 months the Captain's been with them, it's an experience, and he passed the test.

What begins will be the journey of the destined trio, Asahina, Amakasu in the famed company.

Honestly, this show is a waste of time, if not only for edutainment alone. Japan does love this series though.
Mar 23, 6:20 AM
Aug 2020
So many things to say

It was a great episode to finish this season.

I’m already excited for a new one…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 23, 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
It seems the whole anime/season passed, and the flash forward initial scene never...really happened, well I mean, the anime ends rigth before it, what a tease.
Mar 23, 8:15 AM

Oct 2019
Oh, thought this had another ep left but i see it doesnt now. Anyway, quite a powerful moment. Shun got blasted, this Fire Company M was late to the scene, and we see Daigo break down about Shun being his friend. Thought that was real nice. OF course, we all knew he would be alright given what is yet to come. Speaking of which, i havent seen the theories but given the shakes and its close proximity, I think they been hinting at like Mt. Fuji erupting which causes this future disaster but that is just my guess.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 23, 9:00 AM
Mar 2024
Um episodio simplesmente muito bom, pra encerrar uma temporada fantastica.
Mar 23, 9:06 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's a shame that this show was cut down 23 episodes due to production issues with two recap episodes. Hopefully it will get a second season soon, so we can see more of Fire Company M in action.

We need more real firefighter animes.

7/10
AddaeAkonoMar 23, 9:12 AM
Mar 23, 9:12 AM
Feb 2016
I would love to watch a sequel movie about the big disaster that was teased and we see so.e of at the end.
Mar 23, 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
Megumi no Daigo aka the Recap anime is finally over.
Interesting story but horrible directing. Way too many still moments, every ep starts with 5 mins of recap, many reused scenes. In many eps characters spent half of the time remembering what they or other characters did or said.
Even tho we had few proper recap episodes, some other episodes were 80% recap even tho it was supposed to be normal ep.
This story will definitely work better as a live action drama.
Final score 4/10

Mar 23, 6:05 PM
Apr 2023
This is the best anime this season. When watching each series, you feel the tension and you care about the lives of Shun, Daigo, Yuki and those whom they save. But when they eat people or animals, it becomes incredibly pleasant!
The liveliness of these characters is what makes this anime so beautiful.

I really hope Daigo gets a second season 🥹
Mar 23, 10:55 PM
Sep 2015
I already said it but I'll say it again, this anime is plagued with recaps and flashbacks and summarized moments, I believe it'll be much better if it has only one cour.

But at least in the final episode the anime redeem itself and ship me Shun and Daigo couple just as I want.
Mar 23, 11:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Seeing Daigo immediately tear up at seeing Shun's body after the blast and so desperate to save him was incredibly emotional. Hearing the words he was telling to the unconscious Shun made me cry. We don't get see Daigo getting that worked up, so it really made an impact seeing how he reacted.

Also, even though we've seen throughout the series that both Daigo and Shun (and Yuki) are amazing, I couldn't help but still had a feeling that Shun was being less acknowledged than Daigo and Yuki. But after this incident, and despite how he might've not survived, there's no one that won't acknowledge his determination and his attention to detail. Shun was the first one to notice the smoke color from one of the vents, and also was immediately able to tell something was off with the 252 (who he knew was mostly the arsonist), therefore telling him that he's willing to listen to whatever he has to say. I cried again when the arsonist went to apologize, and Shun woke up saying as long as they both survived, it's fine ;_;

Can't believe they ended the series with a sneak peak at Fire Company M and the big disaster. Second season please, I'm begging!!! If it does get a second season, I hope they don't overdo the recaps/flashbacks like they did here, I have to agree that at a certain point, it was getting tiring. That being said, I really like the story and the characters, I'll really miss this!
Mar 23, 11:08 PM
Sep 2015
Oh, I forget to shout out to marvelous composer Norihito Sumitomo (you might know him as a composer of Dragon Ball Super: Broly), I particularly like this track
Mar 23, 11:32 PM

Jan 2017
Wow this episode highlighted all the factors why Shun has always been my favorite character since the start of this show. Also the ending gave us a promising peek of what's gonna be happening in a mission under the Fire Company M and all the members composing it, however there's no solid news as to when the next season will be. 😞
Hopefully it happens soon, or maybe not. But hopefully it happens~
Mar 24, 12:39 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Reply to phantomfandom
Oh, I forget to shout out to marvelous composer Norihito Sumitomo (you might know him as a composer of Dragon Ball Super: Broly), I particularly like this track
@phantomfandom Yeah, the soundtrack goes super hard during the rescue scenes that it had me on the edge of my seat. These songs were so emotional that I almost wanted to cry, I'm going to try to see if the soundtrack is available on Spotify. I liked this track the most.

Mar 24, 3:19 AM

Dec 2015
7/10. Was more like a prologue. Too many recaps. Had good scenes that were 8 (in care cases maybe even 9) - but in the end it was just mainly a shounen. (The old manga series might have been more interesting to adapt I think? Have not read it though.)

I wonder where Amakasu knew something would happen to Japan? Can only be some comet/asteroid or something. Other stuff you can't predict that early. Too bad they never got to that point - just skipping again at the end ... to the future/beginning part from episode 1. I do not think there will be a lot more sequels since this felt finished like this.
Mar 24, 8:58 AM
Dec 2009
The final rescue definitely helped out the anime a bit. Still a rough watch for me overall unfortunately. If it does happen to get another season, hopefully its delivery will be better. Especially what they have been alluding to.
Mar 27, 6:04 AM
Feb 2016
I have mad respect for Junya Enoki, Toake's VA. In the scene where the arsonist came to apologize, he didn't say much, but I can feel his anger and sadness from the way of his trembling voice, like how his emotions just pouring out. I didn't even realize my eyes were tearing up I was bawling 😭😭
Mar 28, 10:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shun was great for this finale, he almost died though, and the guy had a wheat allergy which made him sick and his sickness was the reason he wanted to destroy the factory even though he didn't know about his allergy... kinda stupid and sad at the same time, at least Shun survived and we could see how much Daigo cares about him. Too bad they're only teasing the great disaster and all because I'm curious about it, I wish this anime wasn't just full of recap and had better pacing, it was fine overall but it's just wasted potential.
Mar 29, 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
This was pretty good.

Kinda lame to get teased about this massive disaster with no conclusion though. Potentially an OVA or something if the show did/does well I guess?
Mar 31, 11:24 AM
Mar 2015
Great series and I didn't mind the recaps so much. It felt more like Shun was the main character and what a great character he was. Hopefully we get a season 2. 9/10.
Apr 4, 4:17 AM
Dec 2022
It is a great end for season 1 finale. Finally after being hobbled by the recap, the story of Fire Company M gets to the front and center. Hope there is a season 2 to continue the story of Fire Company M.
Apr 4, 4:19 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to AddaeAkono
@phantomfandom Yeah, the soundtrack goes super hard during the rescue scenes that it had me on the edge of my seat. These songs were so emotional that I almost wanted to cry, I'm going to try to see if the soundtrack is available on Spotify. I liked this track the most.

@AddaeAkono The songs are pretty awesome too.
Apr 5, 8:19 AM

Oct 2022
This anime had potential, but the pacing and writing has been all over the place. An unfortunate let down.
Apr 7, 7:16 PM

Mar 2019
This anime was very good, it's a shame that the production didn't have the quality that the story deserved to have. 🚒
Apr 14, 8:52 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
To many recap and each recap took a long time, some unnecessary episode recap too, and onoda dazed and gape while haa hee haa is annoying but finally this thing gone in the last mission (don't know about the s2 this annoying habit appear again or not) well this thing made this anime kind of not likeable but well it's 7 atleast
Apr 14, 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
good setting and lots of potential, but badly executed presentation of it.
May 1, 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
Shun crying is the face of this series, he and Daigo is the true couple here.

Jokes aside, i think the series had a lot of potential, but the execution and pace was all over the place. The drama and danger feeling was on point, but everything else felt boring.
6.5/10
May 4, 3:46 PM

Jan 2023
So this is where the rest of the budget went lol

Without all of the damn recaps and filler, this show would be better, save for the goofy animation/art throughout. If they do make a second season, by the gods, they'd better improve!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 27

11 by ZonaMana »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

» Did this series do well in Japan + any chance of 2nd season?

Lylaaz - Apr 16

4 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 9 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 25, 2023

12 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 19 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Feb 24

19 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 14, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 6

15 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 13, 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.