Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 10:16 AM

Jul 2017
Senri stumbling upon critical information, as well as Shizuma bringing Makino back to only know that Hiramatsu Buhei a.k.a John Henry Schnell, the foreigner military advisor to the Aizu Domain, his destiny, as well as everything so far, only leads to one person. Ohkubo wanting Saigou to come back and stop the unruly former samurai, and Gorou repaying Senri for her information, only to be taken down by Dario, all has come full circle. With Shizuma being promoted and able to wield a sword, he has finally made it big in the police force, and Nakazawa's role is done, only to infilrate the Gekkenkai.

It has all come down to stopping Buhei's quest to overthrow the government, and Shizuma gets whisked into the hallucinogenic dream of Genjou, though that does not faze him. Senri's search for El Dorado, it refers to balloons, thereby which wooden carps fallling from the sky could give them a good indication of the flight path, and of the dry run of the battle soon to be fought at night, at the Imperial Palace, which is penetrable from the sky.

One place, to culminate of all the troubles to finish this farce: the center of Tokyo.
Mar 10, 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
Oh no the next episode is the last episode. There's probably no sequel.
Mar 10, 3:34 PM
Mar 2011
Could Japan stop putting Sherlock Holmes in EVERYTHING?

Was a show like that really needed to have a reference to Sherlock Holmes?
Mar 10, 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah this show became a convuluted mess. not as bad as the other crunchy originals but yeah...
Mar 11, 2:35 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I guess I fell for the cross dressing/femboy troupe thinking that Dario was a girl. Hiramatsu Buhei plans for sparking a new revolution to overthrow the government by attacking the imperial palace in Tokyo from above using balloons that cover the night sky. With one episode left Shizuma races back to Tokyo to arrest his fiance and take down Kyoushirou.
Mar 12, 5:16 PM

Jul 2021
Aww, the next episode is the finale? The episode did feel like the writers were trying to wrangle all these plot threads into some sort of a coherent climax. I wonder how they'll bring it all home in the next ~25 minutes.

BloodyRaccoon said:
Could Japan stop putting Sherlock Holmes in EVERYTHING?

Was a show like that really needed to have a reference to Sherlock Holmes?

They absolutely love Sherlock Holmes over there, I guess they just can't help themselves, haha. It was either him or Arsene Lupin, the phantom thief.
Mar 27, 6:30 PM

Feb 2012
Shizuma's back on the force now they know who their true target is.
Pulling a bowstring WITH A MOUTH? Shiet. The redhead spy is a real one for not abandoning Fujita.
The moon's disappearance and the wooden koi, it was rehearsals for an aerial attack with balloons so this weeb can coup Japan by taking the Emperor hostage.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 1, 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
Oh wow, Buhei's plan is even more complex and spectacular than I thought it would be. Aerial attack on the Imperial Palace, now that's a higher level of a coup d'etat plan. And he even wants to use murdered Saigou (whom he ordered to assassinate, by the way) as a symbol provoking common folks to rebel against the government and the Meiji Restoration's principles. Speaking about Saigou, I'm wondering how the show will deal with the fact that he died in 1877, not in 1874, lol.
AdnashApr 1, 12:47 AM
Apr 1, 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
Fujita almost taken out? Nah, doesnt sound realistic :D
May 19, 9:34 AM
Dec 2020
probably one of the best episodes so far. finally the whole plot is unfolding and we have a decent, focused conflict instead of 17 parallel ones. a bit chaotic and rushed, but the whole series was so far and at least they're trying to tie all ends
Jul 24, 4:51 PM

Oct 2022
Another round of this bloodbath. The festivities start with Kyoushirou CHOPPING OFF poor little Dario's whole arm. Geezus. At least they confirmed Dario as a boy, even though it was pretty obvious in the flashback story, but he crossdresses and is super cute so that confuses people becuz any pretty character in anime has to be a chick or else they can't get their rocks off.
Wait- is that the CRUNCHYROLL symbol on the flags in that village???? OHMAIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Shizuna takes whatever traitor dude into custody, and they stop him from beating the guy because of course they do.
The police try to go after Buhei and the Moriya clan but of course they get tripped up by Kyoushirou and Genjou who dies heroically.

The rest of the episode is garbage, with people I don't care about and never seen but in one previous episode, talking about the wooden fish being thrown from balloons at night. That's so fucking stupid. Then the credits roll. One more episode of this train wreck to go

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

23 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 24, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

11 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 23, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

12 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 22, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 4

10 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 22, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 28

16 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 21, 7:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.