Forum Settings
Forums

Series that depict or reference the use of marijuana/weed?

New
Mar 1, 11:44 PM
Dec 2012
Hi guys. I have a weird fascination with the way weed is depicted in anime. I'm trying to find as many references as I can. Here's what I have so far:

Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo

Heavenly delusion

Kara no Kyoukai movie 7

Black lagoon

Fujiko Mine movie where she smokes a bong wrong or something I haven't seen it.

Does anyone know of anymore?

Mar 2, 1:51 AM

May 2019
Afro Samurai regularly smokes a reefer joint.

Mar 2, 2:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Gundam 00 has the best depiction of how we should treat weed, they bombed the weed field using a Gundam

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 2, 2:26 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Rinrinka
Gundam 00 has the best depiction of how we should treat weed, they bombed the weed field using a Gundam
@Rinrinka as a Canadian who it's legal here I see this as a affront and even more because I am a Quebecers (french speaker in the country sole province with french) were we smoke even more than Canadian it's a double affront.
Mar 2, 3:55 AM

Jun 2017
In the Bakuon!! hemp special the girls go on a bike trip and then by accident they go on a different kind of trip:

Jun 30, 12:33 PM
Jun 2024
That's an interesting fascination! I know there aren't a ton of anime series that reference weed, but you might find some subtle or humorous mentions in shows like "Samurai Champloo" and "Cowboy Bebop."
Jun 30, 12:48 PM

Sep 2018
Assassination Classroom
Yakitate!! Japan
Detroit Metal City

P.S. Thanks for reminding me of the cringiness of le heckin deadly marijuana* in Kara no Kyoukai.

*mixed with a dozen unknown substances
Jun 30, 1:23 PM
Feb 2022
It's pretty prominent in episode 6 of NieA under 7.
Jun 30, 8:35 PM

Sep 2019
There's an episode of Black Lagoon where Revy & Rock's driver is a heavy user

The Ancient Magus' Bride The Golden Yarn novel has a short story called The Man Who Hungered for Trees that features a ritual that is constructed out of marijuana, computers, fairies, and sacrifices as components.
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Jan 2018
drug simulator 2 already out, still nobody bothers to make a weed harvest moon game. i guess weed is still like taboo outside of legalized countries.

mostly smoke and this is still rarely shown, weed is not in anime culture i guess. smoke is like expensive hobby so now people vape but not sure if vape culture thrives in japan. vape definitely also kills stamina from what i've seen.

More topics from this board

» Comment anime characters you would sort into the following categories: Would be Happy if you saw them INDOORS (your house), OUTDOORS (front or back yard), SOMEWHERE ELSE, or Not at all.

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

3 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hidden gems of Spring 2024?

JaniSIr - Yesterday

30 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» All the anime you watched / intend to watch just for ONE THING

IpreferEcchi - Jun 29

9 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » The best Isekai (poll)

Shizuna - Yesterday

48 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Terminator: The Anime Series | Official Announcement

deg - Nov 11, 2023

49 by deg »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.