Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2023 7:40 AM

May 2015
I liked this. Probably more than the prequel anime, because the movie was more condensed and most actions weren't as frustrating to watch.

They managed to finish up all the story in a satisfying manner, the initial mystery isn't something overly complicated but was made to look like it due to these people having little clues about the "ancient" times. The worldbuilding itself was done quite nicely in a subtle way.

Kaina is a chad, to go to his own wedding straight from the fields like this!

Actually, Kaina is a really good character throughout all the series, very competent and good-hearted, it was interesting to follow him along on this journey. Other characters may not be as fleshed out, as him or Ririha, but they were also a nice addition to the cast, Amerote's design is really cool! I only wish they made something more conclusive for her and Orinoga.

Overall, quite an enjoyable watch. Maybe not the most memorable one, but definitely something that had some compelling ideas and the cgi here was done pretty well, the trees and other nature visuals looked beautiful.
TenDec 27, 2023 7:44 AM
Dec 28, 2023 3:31 AM

Aug 2013
The antagonist from this movie was so horrible, it felt like watching a disney movie

Apart from that it was very enjoyable, I love this anime's universe and wish we could have gotten more time after the ending, it ended too quickly !

Polygon's Pictures' improvement over the years since Sidonia no Kishi is such a blessing, while I'm not fond of CGI in anime, Polygon learned to make it really beautiful and I can't wait to see what they're gonna do next.
Dec 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Dec 2017
So, Kaina knows that the glasses have some type of power, he knows that the suit is something that can change the world or at least control everything, he knows that the antagonist is trying to use it to destroy the tree, yet, when he finds the glasses and the suit he didnt even try to use it? Then proceeds to bring it to antagonist and say no im not going to give it to you when obviously you have 0 chance of resisting? I dont really get the personality and behavior of kaina there, I meant yea I know he has like an innocent personality but holy man, you cant be this stupid for real.
Dec 28, 2023 11:09 AM

Oct 2016
It retains all the bad aspects of the series, plus poor exposition, and none of the good ones.
Dec 28, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2015
It's very refreshing to see the anime that has a story like this, but I'm wondering if it'll work better as a video game rather than anime. Some of the adventures (like the vertical ocean) look fun and it makes me want to control a character directly, rather than just casually watching. But the most important reason of all is that, I think, to fully immerse in the story required a lot of reading. There are a lot of lores, words, tales, and codes waiting to be deciphered. Of course you can't put hundred thousands of words in anime, but you can easily do that in videogames.
Dec 28, 2023 4:21 PM

Sep 2008
I feel every new nihei story has less sci-fi than the last.
the trailer made it out to be the coolest thing ever, I was hoping for nihei overload after the chucklefuck adventure story that the series was.
in the end it was just more of the same. it's okay, just forgettable.

what interests me the most is if nihei's stories fit into a timeline.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 28, 2023 4:49 PM

Jul 2011
So, basically that world is a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rip off. Both the world building and story, remembers me of XC2. My architect be darned, or should I say sage, in this case. But whatever.

What really makes this movie bad, is how dumb Kaina is. Oh! I found the thing that the bad guys are looking for. Better carry than wear it, after all the suit looks like could control all the things that give our captors upper hand.
Seriously, this could had ended the battle sooner and could had made more time for the aftermath.
Dec 28, 2023 8:31 PM

Dec 2018
Really cool way to wrap up the series. There's still a lot of mystery surrounding it though, which will remain unanswered.
Dec 29, 2023 5:09 AM

Jul 2020
amazing story, kinda rushed at the end but still very exciting
Dec 29, 2023 5:25 AM
Nov 2018
That was very good.

I wish this was a proper animation tho rather than the 3D stuff, the series deserved it. Still 9/10.
Dec 29, 2023 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
I liked it more than S1 even if they villain was a goofball. The Home Depot drip was on point.
Dec 29, 2023 8:10 PM
Jul 2009
holy crap, is Kaina one of the worst main characters ever. Literally, the guy must have a mental disability with the way he doesn't adjust to any environment.

Basically the obliviousness of a harem MC, while having the fail upwards of the cowardly shounen protagonist.

The setting and story was kinda interesting, but I can't remember what the Sea of Snow is actually made up of, so where does it all go when the canopy is lifted? Is it the atmosphere?

The world also have the same or very similar amount of landmass after the canopy lifts, so... was there water just a bit deeper under that layer of fake snow?
Dec 29, 2023 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
That was a good conclusion and the story's world building is nice indeed. If they made it longer, it could be better but it doesn't mean that this movie was even lesser.

I really love these simple characters but Kaina is too kind to actually go outside of the room while holding the suit... that was a lol factor from him, as always.

One of the most notable aspects of this series is having a lot of characters having their own line and minds to get a better understanding of their lives. We even get to have something like this... lmao

and they lived and loved happily ever after
CrazyButNot4UDec 29, 2023 9:10 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 30, 2023 9:10 AM
May 2017
Ooyukiumi no Kaina: Hoshi no Kenja and Sidonia no Kishi hooked!

Excellent movie, better than Ooyukiumi no Kaina. Great story, best Kaina and Ririha ending!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 30, 2023 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
So the story was about terraforming all along and it was near the end of the process. They just had to say the word.

That villain took "a little learning is dangerous" to a whole new level. Fucking retard.

Mostly satisfied with how they handled the movie except for the retard villain and the ending. Wish they showed more of how things are going for everyone but hey they atleast showed Ririha and Kaina's wedding, really happy.

The anime as a whole was really interesting. Liked the ending too, was a good watch. Will probably rewatch it in the future.

Btw forgot to mention but Orinaga was real smooth with Amerothe at the begining there. Wish they showed their wedding too.
MegamiRemDec 30, 2023 11:27 AM
Jan 2, 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
Just watched it. Fwiw, this movie is simply season 2 of the anime. I don't think the animation is any better, something you'd usually expect from a movie.

Anyway, this anime really lived on its interesting setting. The story and characters are really dumb, though. A lot has been written about how Kaina could have just worn the suit himself. But then there's also Amalotee who had several opportunities to TELL the others that she's just playing the little dicator. But no, she kept quiet and endangered everyone.

Most disappointing part, however, is how bland and overly simplistic the world was. So there's one 20-something guy at the top, guarded by two brute twins, and EVERYONE does as he says? Ok. And if he thinks he's doing good, why behave like such a villain? There was no need to treat people like slaves, just tell them the plan and work together.

Is this story from before the author wrote BLAME! and Sidonia? Because it feels very barebones, like a draft or first try compared to his other stories. That said: Can we now PLS have a BLAME!-anime? Thank you.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 4, 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Must be the most simple story Nihei has ever done. Actually ending on a fairytale wedding scene? Well, I would have never....

That said I enjoyed this quite a bit. No harem, no endless conversation or monologues. The setting was interesting and compelling and the story while basic, was interesting enough to keep me into it. I love the little connections to some of his other works. I feel like it's almost a sequel to Sidonia a thousand years into the future.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 4, 3:40 PM

Apr 2015
I liked more than the series. (Except the villain what a stupid mom issues guy)

liked a lot all the concept and the meaning behind all the world and the end was surprising wholesome and simple for Nihei other works lol. The marriage was cute.

Also would like more Orinaga and Ameroth. Since S1 my ship mind was already going for both.

Solid 8/10 for me.
Jan 4, 6:45 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Farabeuf
Must be the most simple story Nihei has ever done. Actually ending on a fairytale wedding scene? Well, I would have never....

That said I enjoyed this quite a bit. No harem, no endless conversation or monologues. The setting was interesting and compelling and the story while basic, was interesting enough to keep me into it. I love the little connections to some of his other works. I feel like it's almost a sequel to Sidonia a thousand years into the future.
@Farabeuf

I really enjoyed it. Even the villain in the end seemed fine. We had the nasty "evil" villain in the series. This guy was just misguided.
Jan 5, 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
Eh, it was bad :(

Maybe if I was a kid I'd like it more ))
Jan 13, 10:52 AM

Apr 2021
Omg! I loved every second of the finale. So much adventure and beautiful animation. Seeing Kaina grow and discover the world as basically a bumpkin was really fun to watch<3
Feb 9, 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
Positively surprised. The narration felt better and more consistend in the movie. Though it still had some weaknesses similar to the series: While sci-fi stuff is hinted (old civilization that got destroyed) there is stuff that felt like magic/fantasy. (The ghosts.) And they could sneak in too easy again. (Series I think it was where they escaped - which seemed to easy.)

But the conclusion of the plot - with that authorized user suit and the visors ... felt not too bad. Was interesting to watch. A bit fast again at th end though. They did not even need to move to the control room again. And would have been interesting to see stuff of the old civilization. From how I understood it: Stuff like the ozone layer got destroyed. And cosmic radiatoin was a problem. And the system with the trees managed to restore things. (With the snow maybe an extra layer to protect the stuff in the water. Probably also a lot of old stuff from the old civilizatio sunk into the water.)

8/10 (7.5 rounded up) here. Series I went with 6/10.
Mar 9, 9:44 PM
Dec 2022
the MC was stupid .

More topics from this board

» Now available on Crunchyroll

mozgow - Dec 22, 2023

0 by mozgow »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:24 AM

» Announcement

Drxcxrys - Jan 7, 2023

11 by fast2611 »»
Aug 13, 2023 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.