Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2023 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
With Kanata and Noir back at the Rock Town Nest, and the latter learns the "boing boing" faster than she could ever realize. Claudia and Flamme are back for the crystal, though Kanata is well over the betrayal from the last time, though to get stronger together as Drifter and Magus, going to the Fes maze will strengthen their connection together, though he's not aiming for the literate relationship sense. Though Noir started acting like Kanata in frony of Tokio and Mouton as husband and wife, not everything they can do together, though she displays the intention that she wants her and him to be one, stronger together. Ellie was caught offguard for sure for that.

To trust Claudia's judgment to head to the Fes maze, it's once again a myriad of a trap, though Tokio and Ellie support from behind if Kanata and Noir get into some trouble. Tokio, armed with the information that there're people targeting Type Zero Maguses, and the two quickly find themselves surrounded by them. Though Tokio and Ellie, together with their Maguses fend off the grumps, Kanata and Noir face off against Claudia and Flamme, though with the ample info that the same area that hasn't been fixed is the Coffin's Achilles' Heel.

The presence of an unknown entity with deep pockets wanting a Type Zero, the big bad remains to be seen.

Almost halfway, though this show is still in its development stage, better make the plot quick.
KANLen09Aug 16, 2023 12:25 PM
Aug 7, 2023 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
Everyone is so obsess with Kanata's virginity, me included.
Aug 7, 2023 10:46 AM

Feb 2019
Fave episode for sure, fire from start to finish!

God I wish That Was Me

Mommy dommy Klaudia is back 🤤 I wasn’t expecting to see her so soon after betraying Kanata last week lol. She’s bold. Dunno why Kanata was so quick to take anything she said seriously after she set them up last week, but I’m not complaining cause that gave us some amazing Kanata and Noir moments today.

The pretend marriage was my fave part of the episode. Noir is growing much more expressive and bold and I love it. Even Tokio was shocked. Wasn’t expecting her to try and shower and sleep with Kanata, lol. I would’ve definitely folded, but anime MC logic. The whole dynamic of a magus and drifter is very similar to the Franxx pilots from DITF with all the sexual innuendos.

And as expected, the Fes maze was a set up. Kanata gotta stop taking advice from this woman. The fight and chase scenes were incredible, though. I normally hate CGI but it looks so damn smooth in this series. Reminds me a lot of 86. The action scenes are really fun to see. I also like that they show off the pedals and some of the inner workings of the mech to show how the pilot moves it when making those crazy manoeuvres.

I wonder who’s the person funding Klaudia. Deep pockets and looking for a specific magus, hmmm.. great episode ! Wish more people gave this a chance.
Marinate1016Aug 7, 2023 10:52 AM
Aug 7, 2023 11:12 AM

Dec 2021
Noir displays a delightful sweetness in this episode, much like Kanata who is also starting from scratch. The endearing marriage segment in the episode highlights their shared journey.

Kanata's susceptibility to Claudia's deception once more frustrates me. This time, the peril was more substantial compared to the previous episode. While Kanata is well-intentioned, his excessive trust and gullibility are notable traits.

The show offers enjoyment, yet I'm eagerly anticipating Kanata's character development, which I believe is necessary for a more enriching experience for me to enjoy the main character of this show.

Aug 7, 2023 11:56 AM

Jun 2017
Hopefully Kanata won't fall for it a third time. lol
Aug 7, 2023 12:44 PM

Nov 2022
Noir is best girl, she must be protected at all costs! Kanata better work hard to keep her safe!
Aug 7, 2023 1:33 PM
Nov 2019
hich4n_ said:
Noir is best girl, she must be protected at all costs! Kanata better work hard to keep her safe!

Ellie is much better.
Noir is what she is. Plastic doll. 
Aug 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Nov 2022
Zienger said:
hich4n_ said:

Ellie is much better.

We still don't know much about her past, I think she's yet to fully grow on us.
Aug 7, 2023 3:42 PM
Apr 2020
Zienger said:
hich4n_ said:

Ellie is much better.

yes Ellie is best girl, I like noir she is cute but Ellie is cuter and more precious sorry.
Aug 7, 2023 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
This is the kind of MC you want to see fail and root against. Damn he is so pathetic
Aug 8, 2023 12:24 AM
Aug 2023
the trope of extra virgin MC who is shy around girls or blush when girls gets close really need to stop. MC needs to grow the F up. this is getting annoying. imma seriously considering to drop the anime despiste being a fan of the background/ theme setting and cool mecha anime.
Aug 8, 2023 2:27 AM
Jul 2023
Zienger said:
hich4n_ said:

Ellie is much better.

Noir: The AI Sentinent Barbie.
Aug 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, I bet some ppls didn't like the ending of "Chobits" huh? Judging by who ppls are siding with.

But this series seems to be better, since I don't think the magus have a "button" in "you know where".

LOL, and they took the "become one" as "couples thinking like one individual" LOL

I really doubt there are couples that do thing 1:1 with each other.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 9, 2023 5:42 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahhh this boing boing bitch is back again.

This episode was hilarious af.
they clearly knew what they are doing with the dialogue LMAO

Aug 9, 2023 7:34 AM

Feb 2018
Them trying to get in sync might be going a bit too far.
Despite being put into that trap by Claudia it looks like they were able to overcome it and get stronger!
Aug 10, 2023 12:45 AM

Mar 2008
I wouldnt mind if Noir tried to "marry" me like that seems cozy even if it would get really weird someone copying your every move lol
Aug 10, 2023 5:48 AM
May 2017
Kanata a better man than me. This makes two times since Claudia screwed him over, I woulda fucked her and Flamme up instead of letting them off easy. They gon keep doing that shit since they thinking shit sweet. On the other hand, they may take his good grace as a sign of good will and stop messing with him. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind, or so they say...

4/5
Aug 10, 2023 4:35 PM
Aug 2015
I started this show on a whim today even tho it has a really low rating and I’m surprised. Surprised that the rating isn’t right. Despite the low rating, which I can only assume is because there’s a bunch of 1 2 and 3/10 reviews, the vast majority by an insane margin are all 7/10 which I agree. It’s a really good solid show. Idk why the overall rating doesn’t match that actual ratings. This episode was the best yet. Kanata is showing improvement finally, and he finally makes a breakthrough on “becoming one”. I realized it before he did, but between his lack of aptitude, everybody always bringing him down and Noir being very gifted, you can tell he thinks low of himself. In all honestly if he didn’t have a knack for it before I don’t think he’d have a knack for it now, but he thinks
He needs to be better on his own so he keeps flopping. Noir, other than but because of being the female lead, obviously has to be special. Not only is she one of the rare and coveted “type zero’s” but I bet you she’s like the progenitor herself, the strongest or something. She has crazy skill and on her own is formidable, but it takes two to tango—or in this case, pilot a drifter. And together, becoming one, they can be much stronger. Once kanata accepts Noir’s help he can rely on noir for her strong abilities and she can rely on kanata for his strong suits. And by working together they become far stronger. What’s curious is the difference between Magus. You have Magus that are essentially subservient robot maids that help and do as you say and have no personality, like Maria’s. But then you have the ones that pilot with people like Ellie’s, who is more like her best friend, or Tokio’s, who’s this butler type who also has a knack for jokes. And then obviously the type zero’s, which follow the anime trope of the originals are always better and every subsequent version is worse than worse—exactly opposite to real life, who act human essentially, being able to eat and sleep and whatnot. So I’m curious about all these differences.

Also I really ship Kanata and Ellie, and think they should stay together. I feel like Kanata and Noir’s relationship of pilot and magus should be equivalent to coworkers on the same project, or siblings. But I feel like it’s also pretty anime like that the childhood friend loses to the new girl. So it’s most likely that Kanata and Noir’s relationship will break past partners and become lovers once she regains memory unfortunately. Rip Ellie, she was too late. Should’ve listened to ur magus.
Aug 10, 2023 4:37 PM
Aug 2015
phantomfandom said:
Everyone is so obsess with Kanata's virginity, me included.

Ong like WHATS going on
Aug 10, 2023 4:40 PM
Aug 2015
Zienger said:
hich4n_ said:

Ellie is much better.

Real. Like I like noir and all. Buts it’s a partnership. Or like siblings. Like they are family. But not lovers. Atleast it shouldnt. In a perfect world Kanata and Noir would become close and solidify their bond as partners and Kanata would get with Ellie. But anime tropes go childhood friend always is in love with MC and has been, but always loses to new girl unfortunately.
Aug 10, 2023 4:44 PM
Aug 2015
amlg said:
LOL, I bet some ppls didn't like the ending of "Chobits" huh? Judging by who ppls are siding with.

But this series seems to be better, since I don't think the magus have a "button" in "you know where".

LOL, and they took the "become one" as "couples thinking like one individual" LOL

Speak for yourself, if my S/O and I don’t live our entire lives in synchronicity to the point of fusing into one entity then it’s not real love
Aug 11, 2023 2:03 AM
Jan 2017
It feels strange after a series of mediocre episodes, this episode was actually kinda good...
Aug 16, 2023 10:43 AM
Jul 2023
The Boing Boing Strikes Back!
Aug 16, 2023 10:47 AM
Jul 2023
amlg said:

Pantsu! Pantsu! Pantsu! 
Aug 19, 2023 9:27 AM

Apr 2020
In the latest episode, "Drifting the Maze," Claudia and Flamme made their return and proposed a training exercise for the MCs. I was glad to see them back since they left a positive impression in the previous episode. The training had two stages: first, the MCs performed comedic skits as a married couple to strengthen their bond, and then they faced a trial in a maze.

However, things took an unexpected turn when they were attacked by a mysterious organization in the maze. Luckily, they were saved just in time. The episode focused on the advancement of the main storyline and introduced a romantic subplot. It seems that the mysterious organization has a connection with Claudia and Flamme, which raises curiosity and adds anticipation to the overall plot.

While the romantic subplot was enjoyable to watch, with the comedic skits bringing a lively atmosphere, the battle scenes didn't generate as much excitement. The mecha battles lacked anticipation, and the comedic segments were more engaging. The strategies used in the battle didn't effectively showcase the synergy between the MCs, which was a bit disappointing.

The decision by Kanata to spare Claudia and Flamme at the end of the battle felt somewhat unsatisfying. There needed to be more emphasis on the MCs' understanding and acceptance of Claudia and Flamme to truly justify Kanata's act of forgiveness and assistance.

Additionally, Claudia and Flamme were presented as potentially complex characters, but their motivations and intentions were not fully explored. They were portrayed as neither purely villains nor completely innocent, which added some intrigue but could have been developed further.

Overall, the episode was enjoyable, especially due to the progression of the romantic subplot. However, the execution of the battle scenes and the portrayal of certain character actions could have been improved. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give this episode a 3.

Aug 21, 2023 7:41 AM

Apr 2021
I guess I'll drop here. I did not expect such vanilla writing from Kamoshida. The story is completely average, the humour is desperately cliché and the characters have little depth and development.
It's not bad per se, but so average I don't see the point of yet another random anime with no real personality.
I guess I'm not the good target for it.
Aug 25, 2023 5:39 AM

Jul 2011
What a letdown.. :/

Half episode is wasted on cheap comedy with sex-jokes..
Other half - on dumb dialogues between characters during so called "battles"..

Don't know why I'm even watching this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 31, 2023 7:24 AM

Oct 2017
Wasn't expecting to see Claudia so fast but good to see her again. She was kinda bitchy this episode but hopefully will get better. Noir was adorable this episode acting like a married couple. They've finally become one?
Sep 14, 2023 9:58 AM
Mar 2012
congrats flash marriage lol.
Ellie got bad timing.
cool maze dodges & skirmish. mc pair finally getting stronger.
Oct 26, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2019
This MC is too naive. If I were him, I would cripple enemy's mech first, along with its pilot, then ask questions on my own terms. He... just let the woman go :( what the hell.
Nov 29, 2023 4:42 PM

Dec 2022
Noir somehow became even better during this episode. Her mind wandering to synchronised daily rituals as a means of forging a closer connection was cute.

Shaded Horizon

May 17, 5:39 AM

Apr 2015
Were we supposed to like them here? Impossible man

More topics from this board

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2023

51 by Lanz »»
May 15, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2023

27 by Satan_A »»
Mar 23, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 11, 2023

15 by parzxval »»
Mar 7, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 24, 2023

39 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Jan 22, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2023

27 by tohka_eugen »»
Dec 19, 2023 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.