Forum Settings
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
Glad he's alive and they got a happy end. The world sure changed quite a bit now that everyone knows about the coins.

Was a decent manga, dragged at the end but I really liked the earlier chapters.
Apr 23, 2023 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
Feels like the manga could've ended a lot sooner but glad to see it finally end. Claire and Shuichi finally doing the deed was way overdue considering their unique dynamic. All in all, about a 6 out of 10.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
A long has it been. Got into the story and the artstyle looked really good (+fanservice). Unfortunately the ending arc got some weird turn, some stuff felt so underwhelming and unnecessary ...

Decent ending overall, liked Clair from the beginning. 7/10
Apr 23, 2023 6:47 PM

Apr 2020
"We are two in one." Really like this manga ans this relationship.
Apr 23, 2023 10:36 PM
May 2016
DedPanda said:
Claire and Shuichi finally doing the deed was way overdue considering their unique dynamic. All in all, about a 6 out of 10.
How was it overdue if Shuichi never loved Clair even in the end he didn't love her and was forced to be with her.
Apr 23, 2023 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
ninka22 said:
DedPanda said:
Claire and Shuichi finally doing the deed was way overdue considering their unique dynamic. All in all, about a 6 out of 10.
How was it overdue if Shuichi never loved Clair even in the end he didn't love her and was forced to be with her.

If he didn't feel anything for her then why did he let it happen to him?
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 23, 2023 10:53 PM
May 2016
DedPanda said:
ninka22 said:

He was literally raped.
Apr 23, 2023 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
ninka22 said:
DedPanda said:

He was literally raped.

If that was the case, then obviously he must be an empty husk of emotion because he clearly was not scarred by it. And basically by your logic, the author just fetishized it. Sounds like a reach.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 23, 2023 11:52 PM

Feb 2019
Wait did they just randomly fuck?? lmao the manga ending is definitely disappointing ngl. I feel like it dragged on for the past year or so, Elena dying was also a con for me. I think she deserved better especially considering she and Shuichi relationship. So now the world is basically a battle royale where people fight over the coins? Meh, not feeling that. I think after the mystery of the coins and aliens was revealed the story really kinda fell off. Shame. I did enjoy the journey tho and I am looking forward to his next work
Apr 24, 2023 4:49 AM

Jun 2013
An okay chapter. I've got pretty much what I wanted from the epilogue - a final conclusion to Shuichi and Clair's relationship. Altough, because of Clair being Clair, I expected this to happen much earlier in the manga.

I don't think it's a good idea to start a new thread, so I feel like there is a good place to write my thoughts on the entire series.
est-RApr 24, 2023 6:15 AM
X
Apr 24, 2023 11:57 AM
May 2020
Finally this whole thing came to an end and for the most part it was very decent.
Altough there were some chapters that could have been left out, beacause I think they weren't that story relevant.
All in all happy to see both of them still alive and together.
A clean 7/10.
Apr 24, 2023 6:03 PM

May 2018
Claire should have died instead of Elena.  Now, Shuichi is cursed to live his life at the mercy of Claire's whims.  Well, he might actually enjoy that.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 25, 2023 7:36 AM
May 2018
it was an ok ending.
Apr 25, 2023 7:56 PM

May 2019
LOL this manga fell badly after the last plot twist with the camera boy.

- The Suichi/Claire-on-discount couple was simply abandoned by the author lol, and right after that girl had a debut in the manga. Can something be more pointless that that?

- Elena death, after all the forced plot, had zero impact but the author wanted it as something meaningfull in this end.

- The implied sex scene out from nowhere was laughable.

First i lamented that the Anime had an abrupt end without chance of 2nd season, but now i think it was better this way.

Anyway, it could be worse, and i must give some recognition for all the fan-service and ecchi, which was, after all, the main point of this manga all along.

7/10.
Apr 25, 2023 8:17 PM
Mar 2015
At least their partnership is continuing
Apr 26, 2023 3:52 PM

May 2011
A bland conclusion to a bland series.The story went downhill after Kaito's death and the introduction of camera cuck.

The author dragged along the series for too long and it got tedious to get through.I'm glad its finally over.

''I was dead serious''

Apr 28, 2023 4:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending is not too bad but damn it lasted for so long I feel like I've been reading this manga my whole life while not much happened in the story lol
Apr 30, 2023 3:34 PM

Jun 2017
MC got laid, I can live with that. Okay ending but nothing grand either.
May 6, 2023 7:10 AM

Oct 2010
pretty basic ending for such an amazing manga, I expected some more drama than just elena dying
at least we got a happy ending but the monsters are still there, don't know what to think about it, I always thought that it would be the other guy with the furry suit will get to seal honoka, where did the "I'm not the main character" pseudo-trope went to? Like I said, too simple in fixing the overall plot but decent enough.
8/10 clair best girl
May 15, 2023 12:55 AM

Nov 2019
Thank God I stopped reading after 58, Elena is the only interesting character, best girl, Clair is boring and then you get this kind of ending, lame

1/10
May 19, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2017
I think it ended the way it had to, after the events there wasn't much to do, but Ikeuchi's part was just unnecessary and boring, Elena ended up dying just to give a random power to Clair and Shuichi and he ended up having to try to seal Honoka again, it would be better if he had joined her and disappeared the first time he tried, she should have been the final villain and so Ikeuchi would not have been a 2.0 version of Kaito wanting to kill everyone and Elena would have been alive instead of dying in such a dull way...but that's it, at least it had a happy ending

6/10
May 24, 2023 9:06 PM
Apr 2018
This ending chapter was nice enough, but honestly a monster of the week style battle manga, like this ending implies, would've been a better use of time than what we ultimately got for the last 20+ chapters. The confusing mess that has been the climax of this series was truly disappointing, just "I'm the final bad guy" "no I'm the final bad guy" over and over. It lost its impact and introduced new ideas way too last minute overall.
It's really bittersweet for me, even if it's not that great, Gleipnir is the first manga I picked up and started reading seriously. It really dropped the ball in this final third, but it has a great concept, had an interesting tone for a while, and will always be special to me.
6/10
Aug 1, 2023 12:53 AM
Sep 2020
RYALITY_88 said:
Thank God I stopped reading after 58, Elena is the only interesting character, best girl, Clair is boring and then you get this kind of ending, lame

1/10
thank god I red spoilers after the anime before reading the manga lmao this is a lame ass series, I also agree that Elena is the best. Author is moron
Dec 2, 2023 12:55 PM
Jun 2022
original and very fine end
May 16, 9:29 PM

Mar 2019
I thought this final arc was shit but the series had a lot of really cool moments, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun reading this story.
7/10 being very kind. ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Chapter 87 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 28, 2023

11 by Jonas-K »»
May 16, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Chapter 86 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 28, 2023

3 by Jonas-K »»
May 16, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Chapter 85 Discussion

Rob7 - Jan 24, 2023

3 by Jonas-K »»
May 16, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Chapter 83 Discussion

KingGarland - Nov 28, 2022

6 by Jonas-K »»
May 16, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Chapter 82 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 22, 2022

9 by Jonas-K »»
May 16, 8:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.