Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Whenever something seems to be going in the right direction, another obstacle pops up against Liliha. Seems to be a recurring trend now.

But hey, it's great to see make an effort to meet the king. What a crazy ending though. This is how to set up for the finale!
Mar 15, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
The Valghians' ace in the hole: the huge Builder ancient relic monster, and still, Commander Orinoga will not back down from a fight. All that's needed now is Ririha's father the King to get him to acknowledge the flag/map that they found from the deep ruins, and they don't have a lot of time. Even by saving a fellow citizen, Kaina will not let him/her die in vain.

The final spurt for Kaina to reach Ririha on time before the Builder can unleash another attack, this war looks like all hope is really lost. If only the Sage existed, and it turning into the Ascender, turns out that the legend is indeed true. But the Ascender is short-lived, and the resistance continues.

What a climatic penultimate episode, had me on the edge of my seat. How will this war end with the finale?
Mar 15, 2023 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
So... What did that Onobori can do in the end? It seems to be some kind of a holy supernatural mythical creature, but it did not do anything useful at all. lol
Jeeezzz!!!!! Liliha, you should run away as fast as possible, not stand still and stare at that giant robot.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 15, 2023 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Kaina saved someone and pretty much wasted his ammo/battery using his state-of-the-art portable laser. Well, since that's probably the only thing he knows of how to save someone from that predicament, even if a lot of people are probably dying from the current siege, he still did it nonetheless. lol...

The mysterious, mushroom-shaped light has finally revealed itself again but its actions after our dear princess Liliha prayed sincerely is still a mystery.

I am a bit concerned about their thought process of resolving the conflict that easily if they were to show it to his father, it's not like their enemies will just back down that easily.

Next week, last episode and after that, a movie for a sequel... >_<
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 15, 2023 11:32 AM

Feb 2019
Is that a fucking evangelion that he’s piloting lmao? If the ancient humans had achieved that no wonder the world is in such a state, probably destroyed by war.

Very crazy episode, Atland on the brink of collapse and when all hope seems lost the ascendor/hikari appears. That Yamamoto/Sawano ost during the climax was chef’s kiss.

Next week finale and then the movie I still don’t think everything gets answered even in a movie, seems like way more to this world than two hours could wrap up. Still need more info on what happened to the world and a way to fix things
Mar 15, 2023 3:38 PM
Mar 2018
Jeez, all that wasted water... Ascender-san tried an offering of water but humans too dumb.
Mar 16, 2023 12:11 AM

May 2019
Atland is on the brink of losing the battle but that mechanical monster is also damaged. I'm curious to see what happens when Liliha shows her father the map as they're still being attacked.

Also, the ascender seemed to just be a column of water but that could be enough to stop that mechanical monster as the water raining down appears to have caused some damage. I wonder if a truce will form but I don't see the admiral agreeing to one so maybe Amerote will take over.
Mar 16, 2023 1:21 AM
Jan 2017
im really liking this anime but as someone else said i dont think showing the map to the farther will stop the war, the atlands didn't really want to fight anyway and the other commander guy seems to like fighting to much to stop just because theres another solution now. i think the only way the map would work is of the princess warrior in black (i forgot her name) took over the other people because she seem more likely to agree then the current commander. if they do have a movie a sequel i hope it starts from where the anime left off and not at the beginning of the anime like the first made in abyss movie. 
Mar 16, 2023 1:24 AM
Jan 2017
astralkill00 said:
Kaina saved someone and pretty much wasted his ammo/battery using his state-of-the-art portable laser. Well, since that's probably the only thing he knows of how to save someone from that predicament, even if a lot of people are probably dying from the current siege, he still did it nonetheless. lol...

The mysterious, mushroom-shaped light has finally revealed itself again but its actions after our dear princess Liliha prayed sincerely is still a mystery.

I am a bit concerned about their thought process of resolving the conflict that easily if they were to show it to his father, it's not like their enemies will just back down that easily.

astralkill00

astr
Kaina said:
astralkill00

his laser thing is self recharging, the sign keeper just told him if he used the hightest setting it would take a while to work again. 
Mar 16, 2023 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
yasm said:
Jeez, all that wasted water... Ascender-san tried an offering of water but humans too dumb.

The mythical light thing is the only thing I dislike about this show. 
Mar 16, 2023 5:52 AM

Jan 2023
I think this anime will turn out to be awesomeee!!

Mar 16, 2023 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
That light thing made water from the snow? I wonder what it actually is. It's quite intriguing.
Mar 16, 2023 4:17 PM
Nov 2018
What an anti-climax. If you introduce a water pillar like that and it will actually do something, don't have it seemingly fall apart and then wait until next time for the miracle to happen. We already had one episode ending with the robot spelling doom for the town, now there's a second episode with the same ending.
Mar 16, 2023 7:19 PM
Oct 2019
Orinoga vs Amerote battle sequence are really good.

So is the Ascenders offering them water?
But the admiral idiot just destroying it?
LMAO

Yap, humanity was a mistake.

Since they already announced a movie before the series begin, i guess that's where we gonna get the ending ending.
Mar 17, 2023 6:02 AM

Dec 2018
frustrating episode. wasting all that time saving some random guy just seemed contrived and not at all necessary. i don't see why the fleet hasn't attacked the admiral by now after he threw one of the ships.
Mar 17, 2023 11:19 AM
Aug 2020
The admiral is mad as hell.
Mar 17, 2023 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
Metal Gear BUILDER... the codename for the new Metal Gear prototype.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Mar 18, 2023 12:52 PM
Aug 2020
Hegar said:
What an anti-climax. If you introduce a water pillar like that and it will actually do something, don't have it seemingly fall apart and then wait until next time for the miracle to happen. We already had one episode ending with the robot spelling doom for the town, now there's a second episode with the same ending.

I am inclined to agree, tho I do want to see how it all wraps up.
Mar 19, 2023 1:29 AM
Oct 2018
damn, that onobori is just too anti-climax...
no bolivian army ending please...
Mar 19, 2023 3:53 AM
Oct 2020
StateofOhayo said:
frustrating episode. wasting all that time saving some random guy just seemed contrived and not at all necessary. i don't see why the fleet hasn't attacked the admiral by now after he threw one of the ships.

Are they just supposed to leave him there? Kaina isn’t that sort of person you know.
Mar 19, 2023 4:43 AM

Dec 2018
EmmyMoomin said:
StateofOhayo said:

Are they just supposed to leave him there? Kaina isn’t that sort of person you know.
they're kind of on a time sensitive mission to save the world and in the middle of war, kind of silly to up and save one guy. and anyways my point was that it felt contrived and not at all necessary.
Mar 19, 2023 7:11 AM

May 2018
- The seat of the mech looks a bit like a toilet...so the general making those noises while piloting was comical...is this some sort of "Getting Crap Past the Radar" joke - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GettingCrapPastTheRadar ?
- I guess the green luminescent thing is some sort of bot which can filter water out of the "snow sea" dense liquid.
alshuMar 19, 2023 7:17 AM
Mar 19, 2023 9:05 AM
Nov 2018
yudosai said:
Hegar said:

I am inclined to agree, tho I do want to see how it all wraps up.
For sure, I want to see how it ends.

They're just forgetting to have any payoff in this episode. In every TV show, and every anime show, you need to either have something begin or end in an episode, or both.

Let's see ... the robot started attacking last episode. It kept attacking now, without finishing or being defeated.
The kids solved the shroud last episode and went to tell the adults. They were still on their way to the adults in this episode.
The guard and the woman in armor started fighting in the last episode. Their fight still wasn't resolved in this episode.

It's like Lord of the Rings 2, The Two Towers, would end without the war in Rohan being resolved.

There's a guy named Filmento on YouTube who comments on how movies are built up; he noted how they introduce the orc captain in the first LOTR movie so there will be someone to defeat in the end, a stand-in for Saruman. In this latest episode, of Kaina, it would have been good to see the armor woman being defeated for the same reason. Or something.

I read all the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, until George R.R. Martin stopped writing them. The last novel he wrote had this problem: Nothing was resolved. In the North, the fight against the Others didn't have any new developments, and the traitor Boltons still held Winterfell without being thrown out. Tyrion had started his journey to Daenerys in the novel before, and still hadn't reached her. The conflict in Slaver's Bay had started in earlier novels, and the siege of Mereen, Daenerys' city, wasn't solved in the last finished novel. George R.R. Martin actually wrote the battle - but moved about 140 pages or so to the next book, which he never finished, to "make that novel start with a bang". So you didn't get to see the last finished novel end with that bang. Thanks a lot, Martin.
Mar 19, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2008
This episode has become a full-blown OST of AOT! hahaha...not that i complain! in fact it was just simply EPIC!!!
5/5.

Mar 19, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 2020
StateofOhayo said:
EmmyMoomin said:

they're kind of on a time sensitive mission to save the world and in the middle of war, kind of silly to up and save one guy. and anyways my point was that it felt contrived and not at all necessary.

Kaina’s morals have been clear since the first episode. He isn’t going to allow someone to die if it’s possible to save them. It doesn’t matter what situation he’s in, he’s gonna save someone if it’s possible. And besides, You’re forgetting about Ririha. She’s the one with the map, not Kaina.
Mar 22, 2023 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
If they can fall through the Snow Sea, how in the hell is the mech walking? I'm totally ig'n the ginormous metal fortress.

I become more annoyed with every episode since they made it down to the Snow Sea.

Does anyone else think they should try travelling down the tree roots or w/n the tree?
dragynfaerieMar 22, 2023 10:03 PM
Mar 25, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 2010
Felt like I was playing a video game. twould fit right in. Green blob thing was pretty useless the situation of the battle seems dire. Not sure how they will win or survive.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 26, 2023 4:13 AM

Dec 2008
This anime had so much potential, but early on it went into conflict setting and it's just boring.
Unfortunately it's a medicore story with mediocre CGI visuals and nothing positively outstanding.

The mechanical monster just made the commander more crazy and an ridiculous antagonist.

Maybe if had seen not so many shounen adventures before, I would think better of this show.
But compared to other anime of this category it's extremely weak and uninteresting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
if the ascender was a column of water, was the water offered as an attempt of truce or peace? the "ascender" would then be as naive as one would expect of its peculiar existence. slashed right through, wasting all that drinkable water into rainfall... the exact moment that the interface showed a heavy rain warning, my phone went off blaring into an irl severe thunderstorm siren coincidentally. with this episode, i can't ignore how juvenile and plain the writing appears; in contrast to the vast prospect of this world's concept... awfully convenient.
Apr 9, 2023 3:41 PM

Jul 2011
How on earth this giant mech stays afloat and not sink? -_-
Sep 13, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2022
What was the point in "The Ascender"? It's just a pillar of water? It did nothing, got destroyed and then back to business with the attack on the Atland. Why was anyone scared of it to begin with?

Shaded Horizon

Dec 5, 2023 12:36 AM
Dec 2014
Alright episode lol
Jan 11, 8:31 PM

Apr 2021
I thought that thing was going to do something, but let's see what happens, I hope it appears again. that guy was horrible to his own soldiers.

More topics from this board

» For people doubting, this anime is much better than the socre suggests if you dont mind CGI

theanimefreak95 - May 22

9 by NaMroz »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

60 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 20, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

26 by _Entropy »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

23 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 4, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2023

26 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.