Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
The 3rd game in the endless Tomodachi Game: Friendly Hide-And-Seek.

Yuichi and Tenji (with the new girl Maria Misuzu) are underwhelmed by numbers against another group, and they're already at a disadvantage with the total stranger. There is a "Give Up" button, but only used when they feel that all hope is lost.

And not long after, Tenji might've got his retribution when what Yuichi promised to him didn't come to fruition, but that's probably his own mind games eating at himself. And the smartphone being the last call of beckon, Tenji unknowingly called the other Group K for him to give in, giving him nightmares for days.

Group K's group of basketball athletes teammates sure saw this hide-and-seek game differently and started to analyze and break down Manabu's worded rules to put together a strategy by its genius leader Juuzou Kadokura. Seems easy enough for a few people to tail the seeker to find the hider since the food portion is easy to decipher the plan to clear the game...

...but Yuichi's plan to bluff his defect to Group K while giving an illusion to Tenji, "the worst" bastard is ready to rock his opponents again.
May 24, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2011
"The worst" title feels mild, more like a "Monster" is more fit for him :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 24, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2021
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't think what Yuichi is going to do to win the game, he has everything against him and besides, Marie just stays silent, but seeing what they say at the end of "He is in favor of the gender equality, use boys and girls to her advantage" I think she's going to use Marie in some way.

Still very good chapter

And poor Tenji, he is starving and even having illusions
Mapachecool999May 24, 2022 10:32 AM
May 24, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
Shit, the second straight episode where I felt bad for tenji. Crazy writing. Genuinely thought Shuichi had come back for him during that hallucination scene.

Shuichi might be a top 10 mc for me, not letting anything stop him from his goals. Friend or foe.
May 24, 2022 8:51 AM
Mar 2022
No doubt this was the best episode so far in terms of pacing. But annoys me that they didn't explain properly how the amount of necessities they received in the cave 3 days prior to the game has to do with the number of member in each team (and also how they introduced the Group K members).
May 24, 2022 8:55 AM

May 2020
For all that image Tenji made it for himself in the beginning, it didn't take that long watching him getting a complete one-eighty turnover in just these last two episodes.

Get him something to eat or even these hallucinations of his will stop coming lol.
May 24, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2020
Overall a solid adaptation of this chapter, was always looking forward to seeing Tenji's suffering in animated form (jeez this does not sound good)

Also from next episode I assume things are going to speed up quite a lot, this only adapted a single chapter plus the rules that they skipped from the past chapter, and there is still quite alot to cover, so I'm kinda worried.

The thing I most want to see is Yuuichi's expressions actually being done justice, they haven't really been the best so far, so let's see how do they do all this.
May 24, 2022 9:14 AM

Dec 2020
''Perhaps Katagiri Yuichi is a true supporter of gender equality, given that he's equally merciless in the way he uses both males and females like tools.''
Ayanokoji is that you ?
May 24, 2022 9:26 AM
Mar 2019
Hypppe , it's weird they adapted only one chapter this time around , but I m pretty hyped neverthless
May 24, 2022 9:50 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Yuichi solve this game at the "hider/finder" level. Who's the actual hider and finder of group C? Is it possible that Yuichi or that girl a hider, but since the other team doesn't say something like "I catch the hider" the game is still continue? And since the give up button can only be activated by the hider, Tenji pressing the button won't trigger anything. Tenji moving around also won't trigger anything if he's not a hider. It also seems like Yuichi and that girl don't move around since they stick at food station, they might still be qualified as a hider. Because if they're finder they might want to move around because it's very stressful to stick at the same place for two days, even if not coming back to Tenchi.

But if Tenji is actually a hider, then I think another plan. What if Yuichi poison the food station? The game will be the endurance between Tenji who doesn't eat any food vs the other team hider who get to eat poison food. Though this plan might violate "don't use violence" rule.

Still some pieces I can't connect. It's about that group C admin woman said at the end that Yuichi will use man and woman equally, how he will use Maria? Is it anything to do with one of the other team member still a virgin?
May 24, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2021
Ah, so he's a true supporter of gender equality. That explains why he's so smart. I get it all now.

Its quite possible he's switching only to betray them. That would explain why he's been feeding them information.

May 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Aug 2021
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if Yuichi solve this game at the "hider/finder" level. Who's the actual hider and finder of group C? Is it possible that Yuichi or that girl a hider, but since the other team doesn't say something like "I catch the hider" the game is still continue? And since the give up button can only be activated by the hider, Tenji pressing the button won't trigger anything. Tenji moving around also won't trigger anything if he's not a hider. It also seems like Yuichi and that girl don't move around since they stick at food station, they might still be qualified as a hider. Because if they're finder they might want to move around because it's very stressful to stick at the same place for two days, even if not coming back to Tenchi.

But if Tenji is actually a hider, then I think another plan. What if Yuichi poison the food station? The game will be the endurance between Tenji who doesn't eat any food vs the other team hider who get to eat poison food. Though this plan might violate "don't use violence" rule.

Still some pieces I can't connect. It's about that group C admin woman said at the end that Yuichi will use man and woman equally, how he will use Maria? Is it anything to do with one of the other team member still a virgin?

Good intution but Is wrong, Maria and Katagiri can move so they aren't hiders and how Katagiri can poison the food without being seen? I Only Say that there will be a psicology battle.
May 24, 2022 10:04 AM
Jun 2021
Mapachecool999 said:
Maybe he's an idiot, but I can't think what Yuichi is going to do to win the game, he has everything against him and besides, Marie just stays silent, but seeing what they say at the end of "He is in favor of the gender equality, use boys and girls to her advantage" I think she's going to use Marie in some way.

Still very good chapter

And poor Tenji, he is starving and even having illusions

something interesting is brewing just wait and see
May 24, 2022 10:04 AM
Mar 2022
this was the best episode so far in terms of pacing. poor tenji
Kenji_3May 24, 2022 10:36 AM
May 24, 2022 10:05 AM
Jun 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Shit, the second straight episode where I felt bad for tenji. Crazy writing. Genuinely thought Shuichi had come back for him during that hallucination scene.

Shuichi might be a top 10 mc for me, not letting anything stop him from his goals. Friend or foe.

he can be in your top 3 if u had read manga
May 24, 2022 10:18 AM
Apr 2021
cant wait for next ep, ngl all the comments about the manga make me wanna read it lol
May 24, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Man.. the MC really is wack in the head..
or just too clever.. a fairly slow paced episode.. But better paced..

Marin chan is just sitting there.. MENANCINGLY..
May 24, 2022 10:33 AM
Feb 2020
Next episode will be fire🔥🔥🔥 hope the pacing for the next eps. stays the same as todays episode
May 24, 2022 10:40 AM
Apr 2022
Yuichi is the pinnacle of gender equality. He treats EVERY ONE like shit. Man, woman and all in between

I feel like Yuichi swapped teams not to betray Tenji but to usurp and disrupt the other team’s flow so they can’t function as well
NazaSatoruMay 24, 2022 10:53 AM
May 24, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2020
I never thought I would end up feeling bad for Tenji. Well, let’s see what our mc has in mind. Looking forward to next week
May 24, 2022 11:23 AM
Jan 2022
I’m hoping Yuichi hasn’t actually abandoned Tenji and that he has a plan
May 24, 2022 11:28 AM

Jan 2021
Tenji needs to hold up man Yuichi realized that he can’t go back to Tenji so he’s been sitting there and planning Tenji has to see it through even if it means almost dying
May 24, 2022 12:27 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Yuichi left Tenji alone in his hiding spot for two whole days! He felt hungry and thirsty of course and even started to have doubts about Yuichi...this game really is intense mentally! Tenji couldn't think straight and was about to press the give up button but calmed down a bit and decided to call him...to which he didn't answer. But he called back and a member of group K said that Yuichi was planning to betray him?! He decided to trust in Yuichi however...for now at least. Seems the other group's captain has a plan that will apparently ensure their victory too...
Tenji seems to be hallucinating that Yuichi has given him food and water whilst in actuality he has been doing nothing at all... OR SO IT SEEMS!
He requests to switch to group K-just what plan does he have in mind?!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 24, 2022 12:48 PM
Nov 2021
I just want to say: if yuichi smiles.. something extraordinary will happen
May 24, 2022 2:17 PM
Mar 2021
I assume Yuichi has a plan that hinges on Tenji being able to hold out this long, and that he probably would have done something else if he didn't know about Tenji's motives. But knowing that Tenji is already at the end of his rope and willing to do whatever to pursue justice, he just might make a reasonable calculation that Tenji would hold on.

still, it's brutal watching Tenji have to wait and wait and wait, with nothing except a desperate faith that Yuichi meant what he said.

it must be noted that Yuichi had to have known what the game was really about (getting food to the hider/following the food-bringer), and that playing it conventionally would be stupid. Probably even if he had a full team he'd be at a huge disadvantage because of group K's stronger bonds and having a charismatic leader. I guess the thing is here that you have to turn the enemy's greatest strength into a weakness. So spending time talking to the K players is certainly a crucial part of Yuichi's strategy. And then of course, the switching mechanic has to have a valuable use.
May 24, 2022 2:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Sucks for Tenji to be left alone not knowing if Yuichi is going to come back for him. He can either switch sides or trust Yuichi to see it through.
May 24, 2022 2:22 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yuuichi understood what Team K was going to do so he decided not to take supplies to Tenji becausevbecause he knew he was going to be followed and so he decided to change his side
May 24, 2022 2:26 PM
Jan 2022
I cant believe I am saying this but yes I really liked today's episode of this anime.I thought this anime would be another Platinum End mess although story has always been good thanks to Manga author but anime has been very average in direction,animation.But today I felt the anime staff really tried to uplift this show.This small Studio tried their best with this episode
May 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Mar 2018
Unless the translation of the rules sucks again I think there's a loophole in the rules and I predict that's what Yuuichi might use. The only thing I'm confused about is why he waited for 2 days before doing this... maybe he's just testing Tenji's loyalty or something? Pretty harsh. Anyway my prediction is that after switching to Group K he'll hit Maria, that should trigger the punishment for the No Violence rule which would make Group K lose (because he's part of Group K now), Yuuichi then just gets extra debt for switching teams and still losing, but gets to return to his original team and move on to the next game. He even asked "What happens if you switch but still lose?" in episode 7, which makes me think this might actually happen. Thoughts? Did I miss anything?
May 24, 2022 3:04 PM

Sep 2018
Another lame, boring episode. Can't wait for this shit to end. "oH sHiT, YuIcHi's pLanNiNg sOmEtHiNg!! hErE cOmEs tHe tWIst!" Barely batting an eyelid here at this stupid coma inducing anime.
May 24, 2022 3:07 PM

May 2018
Kazuma is proud of Yuichi
May 24, 2022 3:53 PM
Sep 2021
tadinho ta passando.
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
May 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Another lame, boring episode. Can't wait for this shit to end. "oH sHiT, YuIcHi's pLanNiNg sOmEtHiNg!! hErE cOmEs tHe tWIst!" Barely batting an eyelid here at this stupid coma inducing anime.

just drop it ! I think such type of shows are nothing for you
May 24, 2022 4:16 PM
Jan 2020
This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It treats the viewer like they are brain dead by not only over explaining a simple concept, but then tell the viewer in painful detail what is happening and why. Like no duh this is the setup. I didn't need 20 minutes of explanation.

Simply unwatchable garbage.
May 24, 2022 5:09 PM
May 2020
a much slower episode compared yo the rest. wanna know how this will turn out
May 24, 2022 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
That "gender equality" line is probably the edgiest line I've ever heard.
May 24, 2022 5:58 PM

Jan 2021
Yuichi is a true supporter of gender equality. Kazuma would be proud of you soldier.

I'm guessing Yuichi's plan is to switch to team K and then switch back to team C when he has the chance. He made himself look like an asshole by sleeping/eating all day and badmouthing Tenji. Yuichi did this in a round about way in order to convince the other team that he hates his teammate, and wants to abandon him.
May 24, 2022 6:02 PM

Jan 2021
Damn, I'm hyped for Yuichi's plan for this game. This is the best pacing in an episode so far. I hope the pacing stays the same next episode.
Poor Tenji.
"Yuichi is a true supporter of gender equality" Sounds like he's going to use Maria huh?

This preview sus
YuyuichiMay 25, 2022 1:35 AM
May 24, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2020
Katagiri Yuuichi, kono otoko honto ni saite da wa.

Ughhh Yuuichi-kun what are you planning. Maybe there will be a twist in the next episode.

Kawaisouuuu Tenji-kun
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 24, 2022 7:14 PM

Jun 2019
We’re right back where we started in the last game. Yuichi obviously has a plan but we have to wait multiple episodes before we can see what it is.

So far I’ve gathered that the youngest is the real mastermind of the other group, Yuichi is planning on using the spy girl to distract/gather info from pretty boy on the other team, and he’ll probably try to start a fight using blond boy as a distraction/gather info. Might be some slight twists, but I think most of this will come true.

Other than that, Tenji’s a champ for sticking it out this long.
May 24, 2022 7:51 PM

Apr 2020
Group K doesn't seem all that smart to me idk I'm not a manga reader or anything I wouldn't know but it seems like they're giving a lot credit for them having the idea of tailing yuichi and the other girl to find the hider.
I'm extremely curious to see what yuichi will do to get out of this one and tenji looks like hes at his breaking point.
To whoever has read the manga can you let me know whether its good and if I should read it?
May 24, 2022 8:02 PM

Apr 2021
By the looks of it, Yuichi will attempt to destroy the unity of the other group. If not, I don't have any clue of what will be his strategy to win.

I guess "living abomination" is a better term to describe Yuichi rather than "the worst".

May 24, 2022 9:12 PM

May 2016
that was one of the worst episodes ever.
Literally nothing happened. it was just half the episode of the big tittied blonde girl talking about nonsense. holy shit
May 24, 2022 9:29 PM
Apr 2014
I don't know if I could wait a week all the time. Anyone know what chapter the anime is at in the manga?? or should I wait it out lol.
May 24, 2022 9:38 PM

Nov 2014
Ice-Cube said:
Group K doesn't seem all that smart to me idk I'm not a manga reader or anything I wouldn't know but it seems like they're giving a lot credit for them having the idea of tailing yuichi and the other girl to find the hider.
I'm extremely curious to see what yuichi will do to get out of this one and tenji looks like hes at his breaking point.
To whoever has read the manga can you let me know whether its good and if I should read it?
rather than calling it good, it's better to call it jaw-dropping, mind-blowing, and phenomenal. You definitely should read the manga. It's way better than the anime.

mitsorubi said:
Unless the translation of the rules sucks again I think there's a loophole in the rules and I predict that's what Yuuichi might use. The only thing I'm confused about is why he waited for 2 days before doing this... maybe he's just testing Tenji's loyalty or something? Pretty harsh. Anyway my prediction is that after switching to Group K he'll hit Maria, that should trigger the punishment for the No Violence rule which would make Group K lose (because he's part of Group K now), Yuuichi then just gets extra debt for switching teams and still losing, but gets to return to his original team and move on to the next game. He even asked "What happens if you switch but still lose?" in episode 7, which makes me think this might actually happen. Thoughts? Did I miss anything?
it's not a loophole because there's the problem with Group K not accepting the switch
May 24, 2022 10:30 PM

May 2018
So... I don't think I can guess what's going to happen in the next episode, that was unexpected.

Another sad moment for Tenji.

May 24, 2022 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
Pretty interesting episode where we learned more about specifics of rules for the game, Tenji being in hiding for 3 days with no water or food because Yuichi was supposed to bring him but yet didn't, and Tenji is while afraid that Yuichi will just betray him, he still believes in him, which is such bro moment, no matter what trusting each other, just like I'm sure Yuichi trusts Tenji that he won't push "I give up" button (tbh, if Yuichi just went to bring Tenji food and water, I'm sure other members of team K just followed him and that's how they would find Tenji, so yeah, he definitely needs some solid plan to win this game, which I'm sure he'll cook cause I don't believe in him losing) and friendship of team K seems nice too, I like when MC's opponents aren't just bad guys (at least it seems like this so far). Anyway, excited to see how Yuichi will solve this puzzle and wins the game.
May 24, 2022 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
MifuFumi said:
I don't know if I could wait a week all the time. Anyone know what chapter the anime is at in the manga?? or should I wait it out lol.

You can continue from chapter 16 I guess (this episode ended at the same place as chapter 15).
Though I'd suggest to start from the start and skim the parts you've already seen since there are some parts that were cut in anime.
May 24, 2022 11:51 PM

Mar 2016
i'm so close to reading the manga but i'm gonna ride out the first season and binge bc wow....this is so much crazier than i thought it was going to be. and apparently the next two eps are gonna be insane i'm excited
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 17, 2022

102 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 18, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2022

250 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 26, 2022

135 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 16, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

221 by pxrks »»
May 7, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2022

97 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 26, 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.