Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it looks like the episode decided to show off what main protagonist Mathias is capable of with a test and his fighting abilities.

Lurie and Arma also makes their appearances and seems to be impressed by what they see. Mathias also seems like the type of guy who isn't shy to show off his skills. For what's worth, the episode introduced magic as a major element for its combat system. Lurie and Arma needs to work on their magic though.
Jan 8, 2022 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Ah yep, another J.C.Staff fantasy show. But novelist Shotou Shinkou has this show and another adaptation coming up soon this year: Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life a.k.a My Isekai Life.

This thankfully ain't Isekai (though the premise is just like so), but it presents much of the same tropes seen in other shows done a million times before: reincarnated OP character being the strongest sage (Matthias "Matty" Hildesheimer) with a harem of girls (Alma Lepucius and Lurie Abendroth), with 4 crests they're borne with that determines different powers, except that Matty himself has the weakest of them all, the Crest of Failure, which can only do enchantments (that unfortunately exhibit the same OPness). And that wordless magic incantations are a thing, plus that baddies will find every nook and cranny to scratch his ego.

The disparity between Academia of "how to use magic" is just so plain, that Matty's way of the Lost Art of wordless spellcasting is the only way to differentiate between academic schools of being on top.

This is just a generically mediocre start. Also, speedrunning through an adaptation is always a no-no, which this episode did (manga or LN-wise).
KANLen09Jan 8, 2022 8:26 AM
Jan 8, 2022 6:31 AM
Nov 2021
While I havent read the source material for this anime, I could feel the rushed aspect of the show, I think the show just want to show off what our MC could do and then backtracking the story??

wierd pacing but no cgi dragon at least lmao
Jan 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2016
Oh great, another isekai that is actually not isekai, but it also actually is with OP main character named John Panzerkampfwagen with black hair because Japan does not know other colors for their main male characters other than the black color.

Also did PoRo made this ?
Jan 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Oct 2017
For a premiere this was way too fast paced. So much happened in just one episode. Character design, visuals were pretty basic. Didn't find Lurie to be that cute, I like Arma more. Allright start for now, not hoping for much.
Jan 8, 2022 6:45 AM

Apr 2014
A non-isekai anime that looks like an isekai. The first episode's pace was quite fast.
BTW, the OP, Leap of faith, will be the last song for Yoshino Nanjo as fripSide.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 8, 2022 7:18 AM
Mar 2021
Finally a fantasy anime which is not an isekai. The pacing for this episode was way too fast , animation and character designs are pretty mid. Overall, I am not expecting much from this series.
Jan 8, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
This perfectly fits into the vast amount of mediocre/terrible, forgettable fantasy anime out there. And this was poorly paced too on top of this and looks really flat too. Bonus points for ridiculous name for MC that I'll never be able to remember since its like many of its counterparts.
Jan 8, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
J.C. did it again.
Bland adaptation for fantasy genre.
Overpowered MC
Then we will get harem anyways. LOL
Jan 8, 2022 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
Well at least the headmaster is hot, and the demon is hot, and from the preview, the King should be hot too!
Jan 8, 2022 7:38 AM

Mar 2021
Swagernator said:
Oh great, another isekai that is actually not isekai, but it also actually is with OP main character named John Panzerkampfwagen with black hair because Japan does not know other colors for their main male characters other than the black color.

Also did PoRo made this ?

Naruto:- Are you sure about that

Jan 8, 2022 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
phantomfandom said:
Well at least the headmaster is hot, and the demon is hot, and from the preview, the King should be hot too!

Yeah, and the show is a hot garbage too.
Jan 8, 2022 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
Ehhh a clear self insert power fantasy show, that's a pass from me.
Jan 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2018
Ah, I smell trash isekai, trash isekai that I love to death. An overpowered MC with good animation with a messy pacing? PERFECT. Anyway, that's the weirdest Japanese name I've ever heard. The pacing is speedy as hell but they'll probably do flashbacks and stuff inbetween. Actually, it ain't even an isekai to begin with LOL.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 8, 2022 8:06 AM
Feb 2018
Extremely crumpled narrative. And a lot of LN moments and chapters were missed. But you know what? LN was extremely long and monotonous. In this regard anime is much better. How much? Well, novel is a big steaming pile of s***, and anime the same pile but also with an according warning sign.
Jan 8, 2022 8:06 AM
Aug 2021
animejas said:
This perfectly fits into the vast amount of mediocre/terrible, forgettable fantasy anime out there. And this was poorly paced too on top of this and looks really flat too. Bonus points for ridiculous name for MC that I'll never be able to remember since its like many of its counterparts.
I’ll never understand how people can just come and shit on a show like this. If you guys don’t like it then don’t watch it. Obviously we all know what how the fantasy/ isekai theme will go. Only a few shows can actually do it well but that doesn’t mean that the other ones are garbage. Like damn how about y’all turn off your brains to watch it or just stfu and that goes for everyone in here talking shit
Jan 8, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2020
i expected nothing and it managed to disappoint me
Jan 8, 2022 8:19 AM

Mar 2018
Misfit of The Demon King Academy Lite Any%

Like it is funny how similar this anime is to Misfit and then doesn't understand why Misfit was so entertaining. Also, with how much happened this episode it feels like we are speedrunning through the story, which doesn't lent itself well to an anime which most of the fun is derived from the reactions of other characters.

I am still gonna watch this since it is the most entertaining show of the season so far, but goddamn is it a downgrade from Misfit.
Jan 8, 2022 8:21 AM
Jan 2022
Extremely crumpled narrative. And a lot of LN moments and chapters were missed. But you know what? LN was extremely long and monotonous. In this regard anime is much better. How much? Well, novel is a big steaming pile of s***, and anime the same pile but also with an according warning sign.

I rather them not have skipped over like the first 15 chapters of the LN or the first couple of chapters in the Manga.....
Jan 8, 2022 8:26 AM

Feb 2021
Well that was pretty decent for a first episode, I don't have high expectations but this seems the type of show that I will enjoy watching every week.
Jan 8, 2022 8:27 AM
Jun 2021
Dude idk if im the only one but it seems like "kenja no mago" rip-off.
The first ep is pretty much identical, OP af mc raised by some big shots, meets 2 random chicks, helps them, one of them falls for the mc right then and there.
All of them are surprised to see each other at the exam day, dude shows off in front of everyone with enchantment-less spells, the mc becomes a teacher and teaches other studens.
Did i miss anything else?
Jan 8, 2022 8:29 AM
Jun 2021
Groenboys said:
Misfit of The Demon King Academy Lite Any%

Like it is funny how similar this anime is to Misfit and then doesn't understand why Misfit was so entertaining. Also, with how much happened this episode it feels like we are speedrunning through the story, which doesn't lent itself well to an anime which most of the fun is derived from the reactions of other characters.

I am still gonna watch this since it is the most entertaining show of the season so far, but goddamn is it a downgrade from Misfit.
this anime is more similar, hell its like a spin off of Kenja no mago, just watch the very first ep of it and you'll know.
And yeah i do agree with the pacing, shits escalating way too quickly.
Jan 8, 2022 8:30 AM
Jul 2017
I think I have been insulted.
Jan 8, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2010
I've seen this story a million times already. Not an ounce of originality. Not sure if I'll continue watching.
Jan 8, 2022 8:39 AM

Dec 2014
Am I missing something here?

MC was an adult in previous life, why should he blush over a kid girl, do women not exist in previous life?
Also why would he afraid against Headmaster when he literally defeat something like a final boss in previous life, or there is no human in previous life as well?

Blacksmith mentioned it is hard to enchant, MC literally shown him the crest that is able to enchant and blacksmith instantly reply a crest of failure. ???????

Crest of Glory is well known as high class crest but require user to chant a short time, instructor said MC's crest is useless because of not being Crest of Glory. Despite that everyone still surprise and wow at MC's chant-less spell. ??????? Why ?????? Isn't it a failure crest ?????

Lost casting style just because noble don't like it? What? this is actually something, the first time I saw a corrupted noble that don't want something powerful LOL

Chant-less magic seeming like a imagination thing (like every other manga out there), why has no one ever thought of it and use it this well despite knowing the existence of this casting style? Are all the people in this anime idiots or what? Don't they use their stupid brain?

MC's crest is also seemingly able to do all kind of things, why the heck everyone keep calling his crest failure? So, the people in this anime is really idiot?

Just because someone persuade that having more than one crest is failure, then everyone with more than 1 is a failure? -facepalm-

What the fuck is wrong with the logic in this anime in just 1 episode? EVERY FUCKING THINGS ARE SO CONTRADICTING!!!!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 8, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
everything went by so fast that it felt like a recap ep lmfao. gl to all the ones that'll be continuing this
Jan 8, 2022 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
Issei_Ddraig said:
Dude idk if im the only one but it seems like "kenja no mago" rip-off.
The first ep is pretty much identical, OP af mc raised by some big shots, meets 2 random chicks, helps them, one of them falls for the mc right then and there.
All of them are surprised to see each other at the exam day, dude shows off in front of everyone with enchantment-less spells, the mc becomes a teacher and teaches other studens.
Did i miss anything else?
I had the same thoughts. I like this guy a little better than Kenja no Mago dude since this one at least has some personality, but so far it seems this show is going to be just as bad. Maybe worse if the atrocious pacing continues.
Stink_BugJan 8, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 8, 2022 8:55 AM
Apr 2020
I have read manga and it was good , but in anime it was totally rush . I have read only manga not light novel so i dont know how much it was same for manga but as per manga it was rush and there were some funny moment when they were giving exam .
Jan 8, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2016
starts out like every other isekai. But he died in that world and was reborn it seems?
but extremely generic. really young kid and more powerful than everyone else with girls fawning over him.
Jan 8, 2022 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
I mean...the Devils name was fucking Devilis...what more can I say about this Generic Fantasy anime?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 8, 2022 9:07 AM

Nov 2016
Isekai or not is merely semantics at this point. This is the OP Gary Stu anime the season. And as always, the girl MC isn't interested in is cuter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2022 9:14 AM
Jul 2014
Man, this anime is horrible, the creator of the original work must never have studied the minimum of storyteller, he just opened Word/Libre Office and started writing what was in his mind with his vision of "Badass Character"

But in a way there is something good about this anime, it can encourage many artists to continue their work because apparently anyone can get an anime adaptation
Jan 8, 2022 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
another one of these...so generic and predictable :( Hoping they can improve
Jan 8, 2022 9:22 AM

Jun 2021
Yes, yes and yes. This first episode able to exceed my expectation. It's a bit fast-paced for a debut episode, but I don't believe the storyline is bad. I'm excited to see what this series has to offer.
Jan 8, 2022 9:24 AM
Dec 2009
Oh boy, the Manga it self is fast, but they shure rush it here with the story, hope what others say will come true and they give flashbacks that show what they didnt mention previously. Also what is lettdown is that quality of animation. I say it felt more alive in the manga. Its like masterpiece redraw be highschool student with lack of talent. Hope they step up the game on next episode like Onepunch man 2season did.
Jan 8, 2022 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
What exactly was the sages motivation to fuckin die and be reincarnated like a thousand years later anyway? Why?
Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM

Oct 2021
Damn this looks like basic as hell and they kinda just speedrun it.
Jan 8, 2022 10:25 AM

Dec 2020
Glad I'm not the only one that felt like they were missing something - went by so quick!

Really hope this isn't the case every episode, but after watching Seirei and last season's assassin reicarnated, this feels more of the same.
Jan 8, 2022 10:26 AM
May 2021
Dude they rushed it completely i had high hopes because i have read the first manga volume but what was this
Jan 8, 2022 10:31 AM

Sep 2018
Better than I'd expected so I'm happy enough to add this to my guilty pleasures list of ridiculous OP protag shows.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 8, 2022 10:47 AM
May 2021
KuroudoAkabane said:
What exactly was the sages motivation to fuckin die and be reincarnated like a thousand years later anyway? Why?
He said he didn't have a 4th crest and his crest had no more room to grow, so I guess he was too OP in his past life and wanted to redo it.I guess it's like when you beat the game but you make a new save to beat it again but with different equipment.
Jan 8, 2022 10:53 AM

Jun 2013
Oh look another Isekai great
Jan 8, 2022 11:04 AM
Oct 2010
Wow, that was fast, the pacing reminds me of the first episode of Arifureta (though at least the visuals weren't trash tier).

Now the question is whether they'll manage to pull back a bit and save it or keep barreling forward like a trainwreck in waiting.
Jan 8, 2022 11:15 AM
Nov 2020
ONORE J.C.STAFF!!!

This is not an anime adaptation, this is a literal speed run attempt!
Jan 8, 2022 11:21 AM
Dec 2017
SoraSenpai said:
I mean...the Devils name was fucking Devilis...what more can I say about this Generic Fantasy anime?

That's a fair point.
Jan 8, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, they skipped a lot. I mean, I've been watching quite a few adaptations, but this one is probably one of the most rushed ones I ever saw, which is a pity... I have no clue how people are supposed to connect to any of the characters now...
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2022 12:12 PM

Sep 2007
Goddamnit, I hate when anime adaptations straight up skip the childhood years in a reincarnation show. Seriously, WHY? BTW yes, this is a reincarnation plot. You may not have noticed it because the first time MC mentions this is during the end credits. Good job, JC Staff /s

Also I know the character designs are based on the LN but I like the manga designs better.

What a mediocre start for a series. *sigh*

shark420 said:
Oh boy, the Manga it self is fast, but they shure rush it here with the story, hope what others say will come true and they give flashbacks that show what they didnt mention previously.

JC Staff looked at the manga and said ANIME ADAPTATION ANY% SPEEDRUN LETSSS GOOOO
Jan 8, 2022 12:19 PM
Jan 2022
I have some warning to this anime :

- Shy to girl MC with female VA
- Story really rushed, even non-manga / LN readers could easily noticed
- Animation similar to 7DS season 3, which characters and background looks like on completely different place although they're just some metres away each
- OP MC gained power out of nowhere (generic)
- Monologue way excessively
- Harem / polygamy

Seems like I'll skip this but I'll be sticking to 3 episodes rule.
Ardi8Jan 8, 2022 12:23 PM
Jan 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
And awful speedrunning adaptation of a nice manga. I did not even bother to end this episode.
Jan 8, 2022 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Well, looks like Matty and Lurie are meant for each other. LOL. As expected, our boy Matty is overpowered and before anything would've happened, he became a teacher who teaches everyone wordless magic spells because he himself is very good at it that he nearly blew the exams. LOL.

The final fight was literally one-sided. Good going, Matty. He already found a love interest for himself and already made name for himself in the academy. Going fast AF.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

28 by curzon17 »»
Feb 3, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

54 by R6exR6 »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

38 by hedousas »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

60 by lus1lva »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.