Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 21, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Shigaraki and the villains are getting their deserved screen time. Gigantomachia even makes an appearance!

Got to see more of Shigaraki's past and it's not a pretty one. In general, I think it's a thrilling episode for showing what life has been like for the villains in this arc. And of course, Toga is still crazy lol
Aug 21, 2021 2:30 AM

Jul 2017
IT'S ABOUT HIGH TIME we get the most hyped arc of Season 5: My Villain Academia!
Even the OP gets a twist in the naming to reflect the new arc.

Having lost All For One, Shigaraki and the League of Villains need a new face for themselves, and they MUST step up to the plate, having challenged by All For One's right-hand man Gigantomachia that's infused with remaining power, with help from aide Dr. Daruma Ujiko to breed Super Nomus called High End...but with one condition: to surpass All For One and claim his rightful place.

Shigaraki's tainted history as child Shimura Tenko with All For One being his foster father figure with Dr. Ujiko, only to subject him to pure torture, but strangely all he can musteris calmness learnt from his master. All that Dr. Ujiko sensed from the current League of Villains is that they're weak, and need a stimuation like Gigantomachia to test their power and loyalty. All that's left is Shigaraki which STILL didn't measure up to All For One's standards while the others have already achieved just that. Toga is still the crazy yandere we all know (and secretly love).

Re-Destro makes his timeshift comeback as the Meta Liberation Army's supreme leader, and poses a challenge for Shigaraki in an all-out war since Giran is held hostage at their HQ, and those "Fingers" being their plan thwartations. Let the challenge between teams begin to see who has the better League to wreak havoc, and save Giran!

P.S. About the Creature Rejection Plan part, if the anime decides to snip it out, then it'll diminish some value of the MVA arc. Hopefully they'll keep it in for fans' enjoyment or risk being rushed. Either way, it's the producers' call, not yours.
KANLen09Aug 21, 2021 3:11 AM
Aug 21, 2021 2:45 AM
Apr 2018
They cut the Creature Rejection Clan part and it seems MVA will truly be rushed... I love MHA, but I'm really disappointed by their choice...
Aug 21, 2021 2:49 AM

Jul 2020
Damn shigaraki is looking menacing! Finally the season has started to take off what 20 episodes in, the wait wasn’t worth it yet but that could change!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 21, 2021 2:54 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like it's finally time that the show starts to pick up especially when this whole season has been completely bland. The league of villains is finally about to make their moves. Got to see a little bit of Tomura Shigaraki's past and how he met his master.

Gigantomachia is gonna be a big problem for the heroes if Shigaraki actually gets a hold of him. But, for now, they have much more to handle as the Liberation Army has set its eyes on them. Decent episode. The next one tho will be pretty interesting to see how this all plays out.
Aug 21, 2021 3:06 AM

Dec 2020
Shigaraki and the villains are ther also Gigantomachia so heavy strong xD.

More of shigaraki past nice and now the next episode gets very nice hopefully. I just love Toga.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 21, 2021 3:06 AM

Mar 2020
MadalinG said:
They cut the Creature Rejection Clan part and it seems MVA will truly be rushed... I love MHA, but I'm really disappointed by their choice...
Maybe they will show it as a flashback in later episodes
Aug 21, 2021 3:07 AM

Jul 2013
Yay for Shiggy and LOV, finally.
Aug 21, 2021 3:07 AM

Jan 2021
The good arc is finally starting, there are only 5 episodes left, but I hope the wait will be worth it...

The first part, honestly I didn't care much for it. But the second part has been quite interesting

110,000 people sure is a lot, and right now they're going after the villain league, although Shigaraki has a plan, something unpredictable is bound to happen 0.0
Aug 21, 2021 3:08 AM
Sep 2015
I'm being forgetful. Do we supposed to know who is Destro before introducing with Re-Destro? Have we met Destro before this episode? Which is unlikely that I'll forget someone as hot as Destro.

Also, the Villain Academia is not as exciting as I hope it to be. So it's the right decision to have Vigilante spin-off instead of Villain spin-off. BTW, any chance Vigilante will get anime adaptation?
Aug 21, 2021 3:15 AM
May 2021
Tbh I didn't expect there to be a clash between 2 different villain organisations but I am curious to find out if this makes everything easier for the hero's after this arc is finished
Aug 21, 2021 3:30 AM
Oct 2016
It is officially my villain academia time! We're thrown full force into this tale revolving around the villains. Shigaraki leading them against Gigantomachia whom doesn't seem him as a worthy successor to All For One. Shigaraki needs more power now that the big boss is behind bars, so they need to convince Gigantomachia to join them as he did AFO all those years ago. The doctor is just a sideline spectator trying to coach Shigaraki into becoming his best self in a way. Trying to teach him how to tame the beast, trying to get Shigaraki to become that better villain he needs to become. We see some glimpses of a young Shigaraki which will be more explored later. He doesn't remember much before meeting AFO. But Shigaraki does know they need some help, especially from someone as powerful as Gigantomachia. That thing can be a huge asset to the League if they can tame him. Fighting consistently for literally a month with little rest is proving ineffective, the League needs to switch things up.

They're lucky that ReDestro calls wanting to stamp out the League just as Overhaul once did. ReDestro has their broker Giran in a compromising position torturing him trying to get info but nothing's worked. Calling the League up directly is the next best step. ReDestro wants a better class of criminal, someone not so flamboyant but more puppet master behind the shadows unseen by the public. He thinks the League exposed themselves too much. ReDestro wants to bring back the glory days of the meta liberation movement. Good thing then that he invited the League to come to Deika City, heard that name before, and fight their over one hundred thousand followers. Shigaraki does need to wear Gigantomachia down and those guys sound like they want a fight so why not have them collide with each other.
Apr 2021
phantomfandom said:
I'm being forgetful. Do we supposed to know who is Destro before introducing with Re-Destro? Have we met Destro before this episode? Which is unlikely that I'll forget someone as hot as Destro.

Also, the Villain Academia is not as exciting as I hope it to be. So it's the right decision to have Vigilante spin-off instead of Villain spin-off. BTW, any chance Vigilante will get anime adaptation?
Bro it was one episode
Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:

We've seen Destro name dropped before. And no vigilantes isn't getting an anime
Aug 21, 2021 3:32 AM
Oct 2016
MadalinG said:

Not being rushed at all. Literally nothing of value was lost by cutting that scene. It didn't connect to anything else
Aug 21, 2021 3:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally the 1st episode of My Villain Academia, pretty interesting with that tense situation and Tomura, hmm
Aug 21, 2021 3:33 AM
Oct 2016
KANLen09 said:
[b][size=125]

P.S. About the Creature Rejection Plan part, if the anime decides to snip it out, then it'll diminish some value of the MVA arc. Hopefully they'll keep it in for fans' enjoyment or risk being rushed. Either way, it's the producers' call, not yours.

Cutting that out we lose nothing of real value
Aug 21, 2021 3:37 AM
Jun 2021
I'm happy we got the mva ep. It was good ngl. I enjoyed it. We get to see more of shigarakis side and I'm so ready for it
Aug 21, 2021 3:39 AM

Jun 2014
MVA is finally here, and things are already getting spicy from the jump. I have to go back and refresh my memory of this arc but it sounds like they already skipped something. Hopefully they're just rearranging things (like they have been for most of the season anyway lol) and it'll show up later, otherwise it would suck to see this arc get rushed. Although, it being rushed wouldn't surprise me considering how late they got this arc started.

EDIT: All right from what someone else is saying it seems like whatever was skipped wasn't something of major value so maybe there's still a little hope for MVA.

One more edit: So I went back and read from the first MVA chapter to where this episode stopped, and a lot of setup stuff seemed to be cut out. Idk if they plan to retroactively adapt that stuff as a type of explanation for some of the things we saw in this episode, but yeah this arc might be in danger.
thebrentinator24Aug 21, 2021 6:39 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 21, 2021 3:43 AM
Jun 2021
This episode was good but the start of my villian academia was definitely better in the manga, hope this arc remaining parts are animated properly.
Aug 21, 2021 3:45 AM

Mar 2016
Set aside your PLUS ULTRA bullshit kids, we're now going balls deep into a series within a series... Namely...
MY VILLAIN ACADEMIA

Finally, the time has come for Tomura Shigaraki and his League of Villains to SNATCH away the spotlight. This man despite being the villain he is is nothing short of the leader he is! With Gigantomachia upon his doorstep, it will all change the state that all of his subordinates. The crumbling pressure of not being able to support themselves will be prolonged no more, these guys have a chance to take what's theirs and beyond!

[i]To be frank I despise how Bones chose to cut out the earlier introduction to Re-Destro and Destro's ambition along with the state of League of Villains before meeting Gigantomachia, I hate that, but I can only hope for the best here on out.

I only hope that Bones faithfully adapt these last several eps properly as it will make or break the experience from here on out...
ShadowkillZAug 21, 2021 4:11 AM
Aug 21, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2020
phantomfandom said:

I would say to wait for next week. I think they will explain who destro is
Aug 21, 2021 3:57 AM

Jun 2021
Im satisfied with today's episode it was great
You are amazing 『Natsuki Subaru』
Aug 21, 2021 4:17 AM
Apr 2021
always liked Shigaraki as a character. He's so flawed and broken, which will make his eventual rise to the top of all the villains far more satisfying than Deku or even Todoroki's development. To top this off, he has a great connection to One for All and All for One, so once him and Deku come to properly learn who each other are, it'll create a strong and engaging conflict.

this episode gave us some good character development for Shigaraki, and I'm pretty hyped as to how this whole story is going to coalesce into one spectacular confrontation
Aug 21, 2021 4:29 AM

Mar 2018
Oh boy this wasn't great.

Art and animation were good, that Dabi cut against Machia was dope.

But holy crap they cut out so much stuff, pretty much the entirety of the introduction was skipped, making this whole episode feel off, Redestro, the MLA, Giran, all coming outta fucking nowhere. It almost feels like they skipped an entire episode (they did pretty much skip an entire chapter). Spinner's narration and entire character arc intro was brushed off, and that's just the start of the arc...

Nope this is really shaping up to be the worst season, JT was awesomely adapted despite some pacing issues, butthe rearrangment of Endeavor Agency and MVA only caused problems that at this point are pretty much impossible to resolve.
Aug 21, 2021 4:36 AM

Jul 2019
Yeah, it feels a bit rushed as i feared and they already cut some scenes from the manga which i think is unacceptable since this season until now had extremely slow pacing most of the time (the todoroki house episode adapted only 1 chapter + the filler episode) and now it's the complete opposite.

Well, anyway i hope the next few episodes don't feel like this, especially Shigaraki backstory, otherwise Bones will have officialy ruined this season completely.

@Florent3571 Yep, 100% agree
Fax001sAug 21, 2021 5:04 AM
Aug 21, 2021 5:02 AM
Apr 2021
I just woke up leave me alone
Aug 21, 2021 5:05 AM

Dec 2019
Barely OK episode. This is the best MHA arc people were talking about? Expected much more honestly. Next episode preview doesn't seem great too. Shame on you Bones, shame on you.
Rishun_97Aug 21, 2021 5:16 AM
Aug 21, 2021 5:08 AM
Jun 2021
idk if its just me or its because I read the manga but the art style, animation, story is just off this season like all the other seasons were so good especially season 4 and then .... idk not many people talk about it, like is it jus me ?? 😭
Aug 21, 2021 5:11 AM
Jan 2021
Too many things where cut off compared to the manga, almost zero introduction of the new organization, skipped spinner character arc, and many other small things. Censorship also was somewhat there. Bones ruined mha for the movie, at this point I just want a separate season for my villian academia with one cour(12 episodes) where its adapted properly without skipping anything. This mha s5 in mal doesnt even deserve 7 rating at this point.
NachiappanAug 21, 2021 5:17 AM
Aug 21, 2021 5:14 AM
Jan 2021
Rishun_97 said:
Barely OK episode. This is the best MHA arc people were talking about? Expected much more honestly. Next episode preview don't seem great too. Shame on you Bones, shame on you.

Yeah this wasnt even close to season 1,season 2, season 3 p1 level .I feel the arc was slighty overhyped but was definitely many times better in the manga. It's just bones preferred adapting the movie compared to the anime , so bad direction, rearranging, pacing ,cutting scenes .
NachiappanAug 21, 2021 5:21 AM
Aug 21, 2021 5:15 AM

Dec 2019
bigbabytenko said:
idk if its just me or its because I read the manga but the art style, animation, story is just off this season like all the other seasons were so good especially season 4 and then .... idk not many people talk about it, like is it jus me ?? 😭

It's not just you buddy, even for those who didn't read the manga everything seems a lot worse than previous seasons.
Aug 21, 2021 5:23 AM

Jan 2021
man, its weird to see shigaraki smiling genuinely

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because
they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Aug 21, 2021 5:23 AM

Aug 2017
now this episode was really cool
Aug 21, 2021 5:34 AM
Oct 2019
Let's go Boku no Villain Academia, they changed it in the OP Sequence.

Damn Shigaraki Tomura killed all his family member, that was Dark.

And here we go i have read Manga Reader complaining stuff, they really think the Anime has to be one to one Adaptation huh?
Anything that they skip, might be shown as flashback later.
How many years y'all watching Anime and still didn't get this?
Aug 21, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2018
It's finally here, My Villian Arc. Love the twist in the opening.

Shigaraki and the League of Villians finally met the Doctor who helped All for One. And he got a gift ready for them. Gigantomachia, a gigantic and unstoppable monster. If they manage to control him. He'll gain even greater powers.

After a monht training, they get caught by the Meta Lebernation. Re-Destro appears on the screen and makes a demand. Ally up with them or get caught by the heroes.

5 episodes for the whole arc? Well, hopefully they'll manage it.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 21, 2021 5:44 AM
Jul 2020
Yikes, they cut an entire great chapter of worldbuilding and characterisation. This was a pretty rushed episode, I hope the rest of the arc doesn’t end up like this. It’s such an amazing arc, but the anime has not been doing well lately.
Aug 21, 2021 5:48 AM

Jan 2018
Dukino said:
MadalinG said:

Not being rushed at all. Literally nothing of value was lost by cutting that scene. It didn't connect to anything else

Well... You're wrong. All the speech of Spinner (which is very important for his development) and the reason why LOV are in bad times is skipped, so we lost a lot of important things.
Aug 21, 2021 6:05 AM
Jan 2018
rubenypichin said:
Dukino said:

Well... You're wrong. All the speech of Spinner (which is very important for his development) and the reason why LOV are in bad times is skipped, so we lost a lot of important things.

The thing is, what you’re mentioning is small enough to be referenced in a flashback, perhaps when another event happens and such. Like the speech can be shown when Shigaraki or Spinner is reflecting during another scene. Same thing with the LOV’s current state, it can be mentioned and such.

Would I rather see those things adapted in their entirety, yeah. But things get shortened in every adaptation. I feel as though there’s a good chance the events you mentioned will be referenced similar to the way I just described.
Aug 21, 2021 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
Finally, the arc that everyone has been hyping up to death has started and first off, I do love the twist in the OP animation with "My Villain Academia" being used instead of the usual title and the design itself looks menacing and cool.

The Doctor's face does give me a slight reminiscence to a certain Dr. Eggman, but with the intimidation rating turned up to max. He'll be fully supporting Tomura if he and his group can take down Gigantomachia and, even after almost 2 months, the beast is still going strong against him.

That's where another sinister group calls them up, the Meta Liberation, with a demand to meet with Tomura as they're tracking their group with their own personal satellite. It'll be interesting to see what'll happen when they do meet and see if Tomura wants to work with them or take them down.

Overall, I think this episode was pretty good. Since I'm an anime-only, I'll take any word from the manga readers here with a grain of salt, regardless if their criticisms are spot on or grossly exaggerated. I just hope my enjoyment doesn't get ruined by them. =/
Aug 21, 2021 6:13 AM

May 2015
Taming Gigantomachia is hard job.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 21, 2021 6:19 AM

Dec 2020
a lot of manga readers are saying this ep and overall has cut off a lot of things which is so disappointing. i could tell that this arc is something good, and maybe it would've been better if they didnt spend so much time on the a class vs b class training shitshow

really glad the villains are getting more screentime im genuinely more interested in them than some of the "main" characters lol
Aug 21, 2021 6:21 AM
Dec 2020
It was really nice to finally see the villains again
Aug 21, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 2021
At this point I’m expecting a cliffhanger and another season, I mean MHA is big enough to get another one and since they only really care about the Japanese audience reaction then if it’s good over there we’ll most likely get one.
Aug 21, 2021 7:01 AM

Oct 2016
That was a fucking great episode, but I am bummed about the cut content. It diminished the characterization and world building and all that a bit. Well, hope the show it as flashbacks later on. Glad they at least changed the op though, well just the title card. They could have updated the whole op to just the villains, but I guess it's fine.
Aug 21, 2021 7:07 AM
Aug 2020
Florent3571 said:
Oh boy this wasn't great.

Art and animation were good, that Dabi cut against Machia was dope.

But holy crap they cut out so much stuff, pretty much the entirety of the introduction was skipped, making this whole episode feel off, Redestro, the MLA, Giran, all coming outta fucking nowhere. It almost feels like they skipped an entire episode (they did pretty much skip an entire chapter). Spinner's narration and entire character arc intro was brushed off, and that's just the start of the arc...

Nope this is really shaping up to be the worst season, JT was awesomely adapted despite some pacing issues, butthe rearrangment of Endeavor Agency and MVA only caused problems that at this point are pretty much impossible to resolve.

Isn’t redestro stuff NEP? Cause i saw the preview and it looked like redestro stuff is just being modified to the NEP.
Aug 21, 2021 7:16 AM

Oct 2017
Villains side of the story and as you'd think it's pretty messed up.
Aug 21, 2021 7:31 AM
Mar 2021
Could we get an uncensored version for this episode
Aug 21, 2021 7:42 AM
Apr 2017
They already started skipping content from the manga. As expected, the arc will be rushed.
Aug 21, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2020
ok shigaraki i like him lmao his voice is aggressive inumaki toge. yeah i know same va. ucchi ❤
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

215 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

298 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

123 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

155 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

149 by WhoTFTookMarina »»
Sep 8, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.