Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 7:25 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Che, I don't think 7 years was enough. It should have been for eternity. Somebody should have killed Lou during those years though. Mira is probably the second best female in this anime because she grew out of the love hoopla.

The best pilot duo is now the one that includes Mamiko Noto though, hands down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2011 12:01 AM

Sep 2009
I just love how this show slowly degenerated into being pure blatant fan service.
Genre Savy, HO.

"NO CAT ROBOTS."
Apr 24, 2012 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
Meh, not a bad series although all that fan-service...hmm
Mar 20, 2013 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
a good show i loved both season
Jul 1, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
The show could have actually been good, but the excessive fanservice ruined it.
Nov 3, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2008
The fanservice ruined nothing, it were the fillers!

The second season was rather boring, but last episode was very good with a nice end for everybody.

Fanservice was good, bouncy boobs and nipples under clothes, but a bit less wouldn't have hurt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
The 'story' ruined it. It's a super robot show, stop it with filling episodes for 75% with edgy bullshit plot instead of robot action.

Aug 24, 2017 7:16 AM

Mar 2016
This second half was so much better than the first. Thank god the side characters, who were always immensely more interesting than the main duo, got a lot of the spotlight. But, even those two seemed to get more bearable with time. I really enjoyed the concept behind the virus, it was genre savvy but also legitimately interesting as a story device. Way more fun than the first 10 episodes would have suggested.
Nov 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
What a finale!! Lots to unpack here so here we go!

So we have lots of timeskips. 7 Years later.

So Morimoto and Nanae really did married and had 2 children (Mina, Ami) and another one upcoming. I thought they were making children so they could sacrifice it for Goh, but It was for the DNA research.

I think it's a little bit cop out about having the virus being solve and created vaccine. It even has Goh surviving the full mutation (Much worse than Max) these past 7 years.

Still, it is understandable that they developed a vaccine.

Shibakusa and Tonko staying. It's not the first time seeing an old man and young woman being in a relationship. Though, he did say that he was already divorced due to always being late from going home and consumed from work.

Seeing Anna and Mira alive. Anna having long hair and Mira even longer!

Anna-Mira duo. Never thought I'd see the day those two teaming up.

Shizuru being the main commander now, even having Anna's classmates be part of the crew? I can't believed they only realized that Anna was the pilot of Okusar all this time.

Finally solve on how Mira survived and how some of the women (Nanae, Mira) were able to save the other characters from death (Shizuru, Morimoto).

Still, We have to thank Mira for developing the carrier series. It is a "Mira"cle that she survived being inside the mimetic beasts these past 5 years.

I also don't know what Aoi, Kiriko is thinking. She says she's fine with her husband, yet why is she still giving some signals to Kagemaru? Even crazy how her own husband Tatsuya is in full support of him being there with Aoi while he is gone.

Also, Momochie and Konami become actual pilots O__O

Change Operatiger!! NYAAA XD

Also, I did notice about Anna's name being named after GodAnnar. I actually noticed it a few episodes ago, but didn't realize it was indeed named after her. What a coincidence XD

Seeing the group survive! Knight/Ellis Valentine, Ekaterina and Kukrachyov, Shadow and Luna. Even Shukuyu is there.

I guess the characters that truly died at the end was Max, Moukaku and Ken. I really wouldn't mind if Goh had passed away, but I also don't mind him coming back.

Now Lou being all grown up and try to become Ken. Longer hair, but still slender body O__O

Finally, Mira has come in turns and accepted that she'll never have Goh anymore. But instead focus on saving humanity in exchange of coming back.

Not going to lie, I thought Mira and Shizuru would be together for some reason. I also confused the two when it comes to voices. They really do sound soo similar tbh.

That 1 year skip with Goh already recovering his full memory.

Goh and Anna having a 2nd ceremony again?

Kukrachyov being the priest! I really want Shizuru and Kouji to become a couple someday! Shinobu is just too young and won't make Shizuru happy. Kouji could have been the MC if Goh wasn't around.

Anita finally appears!! Sugiyama seems lucky XD

I'm going to miss this show! However, I have to thank this and The Big O for opening my eyes for Super Robot genre.

I will watch Rahxephon after this, but I already have a couple of Super Robot shows lineup.

Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar
Gurren Langan
Aquarion

There's also Eureka Seven, Darling in the FranXX. So lots of shows to choose from!

Godannar will always have a special place for my heart! Love the combination of fanservice and super robot action with a dose of drama on it.

We need more of this!

9/10!!!

HHHHHAAAAAAAATOOOOO!!

BUREEIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

May 15, 2022 1:17 PM

Jun 2010
Taking both series together, when it was being a tongue-in-cheek affectionate homage of '70s robot action it was lots of fun, but the soap opera aspect, while servicable in concept, was never executed well. The majority of the episodes do nothing with the main storyline and its spends most of its time being stagnant and meandering with no result. It probably should hav been half as long.
Sep 21, 11:10 AM
Sep 2018
Decent mecha and a pretty decent ending they tied up all the plot holes quite nicely. Thye should have had Kouji be more involved in the story since he was pretty entertaining and I liked his dynamic with Shizuru. Hes comfortably a better partner for her than Goh's lame brother. It was good that they gave Mira a purpose for coming back to life but still I wanted her to have the peak ending and die with Goh. Would have been a cooler conclusion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinkon Gattai Godannar 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2012

3 by Punkero »»
Jun 24, 2022 8:24 PM

Poll: » Shinkon Gattai Godannar 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 28, 2010

2 by Fronzel »»
May 15, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Shinkon Gattai Godannar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

SomaHeir - Oct 25, 2021

1 by Fronzel »»
May 11, 2022 9:32 AM

Poll: » Shinkon Gattai Godannar!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

syncrogazer - Aug 23, 2017

2 by Fronzel »»
May 8, 2022 3:28 PM

Poll: » Shinkon Gattai Godannar!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

SomaHeir - Oct 12, 2021

1 by Fronzel »»
May 8, 2022 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.