Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2020 4:37 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get a training episode this time as they prepare for the Seiwa game, with Andy and Urabe as opponents this time compared to how we saw them in season 1 with Daigo and Mutsuko.

I love how Daigo went about the training, taking charge in giving clear directions for what the overall team needs to improve on to counter Seiwa's strengths (which especially involve effective base stealing).

Mutsuko clearly showed her real inexperience as a proper pitcher today with not being able to pickoff runners stealing base too well and still being a bit green with pitching against proper opposition, but her training was great to see. Especially when she was training with Daigo and his sister, Izumi (glad to see her and Kaoru here). She finally by the end felt like someone who displayed the qualities of an ace pitcher with not only better form, but even showing some good variety to load her arsenal. Daigo's terrific observational skills and great coaching helped too.

Excited to see how she dukes it out against Urabe in that Seiwa game later on.

It was very good to see the author/staff for the anime give plenty of time to not only have a break from the last game, but effectively train the players well too. Feels organic, well written, well paced and well directed.

Also, Daigo being really oblivious in general is just present in the Shigeno blood. Goro is the king of obliviousness when it comes to women's feelings, and Daigo has definitely got his father's qualities in that aspect. Still, nice seeing him bond more with Mutsuko too. They do have some nice chemistry but again, 99% filled with baseball like with Goro and Kaoru back in the original series.

7 episodes in and this season of Major 2nd has really solidified itself as my favorite anime of the year so far, and the best seasonal I have seen in forever. Feels amazing genuinely being excited to watch a show and have it deliver consistently with high quality, high effort and tons of passion.

UPDATE: Episode 8 has been delayed till July 11th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Episodes 5-7 would be rebroadcasted in Japan for the next few weeks to make up for the delay there.
animejasJun 13, 2020 8:12 AM
Jun 13, 2020 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
I find myself enjoying this series more and more with each episode. Daigo is an excellent leader.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 13, 2020 9:16 AM
Oct 2019
It's great to see growth of Daigo rather than Goro who was born with talent. And damm his observation skill is just awesome. They way he's leading the team with so many inconveniences is truly admirable.
And I was wondering when they started calling by their first name....so that's how was it!
"Son just like his father" huh....well it suits him. Mutsuko getting flustered every time Daigo praises her is so cute!! :3
Let's see how they perform in the Seiwa game.
I want the Daigo-Mutsuko battery back asap😎😎😎
Jun 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
Late to the party for this discussion, but here I am.

Again, this season CONTINUES to be objectively the best installment of the entire franchise for me. I've mentioned in the previous episode's forum that I wasn't a fan of how the original series went. So the improvements with this season continue to impress me, even though I cannot say this is a top favorite for me this year.....at least not yet.

This little training session is honestly really nice with some lighthearted moments. Especially the part where Daigo is indifferent with the girls calling him by his first name and Mutsuko being like WTF xDDDDD. Honestly feels like one of those comedic slice-of-life-esque episodes, but I guess it's more so cause of the choice of the type of background music that I'm a bit more familiar with.

One last thing, I also like the slowly and steadily developing relationship between Mutsuko and Daigo. I know for a fact they're gonna end up together by the end of all this, but I acknowledge that it doesn't need to be any strong romantic implications this early on, depending on how far they are in the manga.
RyuseishunJun 13, 2020 11:42 AM
Jun 13, 2020 11:26 AM
Apr 2019
Ahhh so that's how they started calling each other by their first names. That's so cute 😍
Jun 13, 2020 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
great ep was nice to see how things got to where it is now

also damn having to wait till july 11 it hurts already

but what has to be done has to be done
"one step at a time"
Jun 13, 2020 2:06 PM

Aug 2016
Good heartwarming training episode where we see a lot of bonding between Sakura and Daigo. Its cool to see the training of the characters bc it will not be like an asspull to play completely perfect versus a very good school. Kaoru and Izumi appearing and making fun about Daigo´s ability with woman like his father Goro.

Pretty hype for the game against Andy and Urabe
Jun 13, 2020 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
I loved the backstory of Mutsuko’s pitcher training! She’s personally my favorite character in the series, so I’m really happy to see her grow. I’m sad that we have to wait another month for the next episode though. I hope it’s worth the wait!!
Jun 13, 2020 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
What a cute girl is Mutsuko! She deserves more love!
Jun 15, 2020 6:06 AM
Jun 2017
Mutsuko and daigo moment is so cute. Yeah
Jun 15, 2020 6:58 PM
Nov 2017
Basiccake said:
I loved the backstory of Mutsuko’s pitcher training! She’s personally my favorite character in the series, so I’m really happy to see her grow. I’m sad that we have to wait another month for the next episode though. I hope it’s worth the wait!!

Another month again? Jesus...

I'm loving this new style of major. Loving it so fair.
Jul 31, 2020 4:14 PM

Jan 2019
I honestly think Daigo can make it all the way with his leadership skills because that hustle is rare to come bye. I can’t wait to see him in high school I hope he gets enough skill to one day come toe to toe with Kaidou and give them a run for their money just like Goro did. That is if Kaidou is still the top dog school.
Aug 1, 2020 9:25 AM

Feb 2013
Mutsuko is getting better.
Sep 28, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2007
a usual major romance is more like slice of life than actual...

liked the sakura development this ep.
Jan 21, 2021 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
Cute episode about Mutsuko!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 24, 2021 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Kandori got a great throwing arm but too bad she doesn't have the stamina to become a pitcher since she started baseball recently. Nice to see some lovely bonding between her and Daigo while doing the pitcher training, I'm liking her much more than in the previous season.

Jun 4, 2023 10:30 PM

Feb 2019
either he's really that slow to realize that she's been calling him by his first name for probably weeks now OR he was just used to females close to him calling him by his first name that he didn't notice until the other girls in the team started calling him that too lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

animejas - Nov 7, 2020

47 by KilluaShonen »»
Nov 22, 2023 5:14 AM

» Major 3rd Season? 2023?

Thepremiumswag - Mar 29, 2023

3 by User-Name »»
Aug 20, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

yellowheartren - Sep 19, 2020

16 by bankredmeadow »»
Jun 23, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

TiagoCosta - May 30, 2020

17 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Apr 25, 2020

21 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.