Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:21 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really thought this anime would be special like Giant Killing or One Outs but it was just bland. None of the side characters really stood out nor did they last longer than an episode. The MC is boring too. Oh well.

Not watching the sequel.
Aug 10, 2018 1:37 PM

May 2009
Girl from ED finally appeared and she hates him. At least there is something to looking forward in next cour.
Aug 10, 2018 8:26 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
Girl from ED finally appeared and she hates him. At least there is something to looking forward in next cour.
LOOOOOOOOOOL i love this comment hahaha
Aug 17, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
poor Bonda, he didn't get to speak with Yuki but I guess its his fault anyways for winning that game. But I don't think she hates him though, but I guess will see in the next cour.

As for the overall series it wasn't bad, in fact it would've been great if he wasn't obsessed with money all the time. That obsession wasn't that interesting to begin with and he wasn't that memorable as an MC, as for the other characters I truly can't remember because the series ditched them without development. I wish it had meaning, something I could take away from it like for example his love for baseball, does he even love it?? Or just a money making sport. What does it say to the viewer??

Anyway I'm not going to be hasty, I will check out the next season in October.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 29, 2018 9:36 AM

Oct 2016
What did I even watch... money, money, money, anime about money, that's it.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Jun 26, 2019 7:44 AM

Mar 2016
An intriguing concept with some decent comedy here and there but overall it was kind of boring. Bonda himself is a little obnoxious, and you'd think a show like this would use its monologue-loving character as a vehicle to showcase more interesting side characters but even they are too limited by the setting. This last episode was enjoyable in a way the others weren't because through the character of Yuki we see a little more personal side to Bonda. She's cute when she's pissed off about baseball.

I think the direction makes the show even more tedious than it needs to be, but this show is very narrator/monologue heavy so it's probably not easy to make it feel natural anyway. Not a bad watch though it certainly has its charm.
syncrogazerJun 26, 2019 8:10 AM
Feb 12, 2021 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
A calm and relaxing series, just what I was looking for.
Apr 13, 2023 8:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The final episode and we finally get to meet Yuki who’s been gracing the OP and ED this whole time, as well as the show’s promotional art. I think this could qualify as waifu baiting but at least we finally have her and a Season 2 exists to see more of her. She was pretty great too, very cute and had some nice reactions during the ballgame. Bonda seemed fond of her butt too when describing her greatness lol, I have to respect the taste honestly. And it’s really unfortunate she’s a fan of the Tempters and ended up hating Bonda after he hit two batters and struck out a 3rd, Bonda out here actually killing the competition lol, but it was a funny bit and I’m sure we’ll see her become a Spiders fan over time if the ED tells any story, hopefully Bonda can score him a beautiful babe by the end of the next season lol.

And that was the first season of Gurazeni, I can happily say this was a fun show. I have never watched a baseball anime before this one but I think this was a great one to start with, it was pretty much an SoL focusing on pro baseball, very informative and it had a laid back vibe that made it a chill show, I know more about baseball now than I ever did lol. I enjoyed most of the characters too, Bonda was a nice MC and I enjoyed his interactions and stories of other pro baseball players. And the OP and ED man, so fucking good, I never thought I’d hear such jams in a show like this but they do fit, it looks like the next season has them as well which I’m happy about but I also would have liked some new ones.

But then comes my gripes, the biggest one is definitely the use of CGI and the not great animation and art quality, I got used to it all quickly but it was still noticeable, I mean that CGI was pretty bad lol. And my other issue is that I think this show would have been better if it focused more on Bonda and his main friends, hopping between one-off characters was interesting but you didn’t have time get to know any of them very well and most of them probably won’t appear again, they could but I doubt it lol, perhaps Season 2 will deliver more in that regard. But with that I guess I’m moving on to the next season, definitely a nice little gem of a show I’ve found here.
Jul 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Mar 2016
So underrated. Wish more people watching this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

11 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 2, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

4 by Etheo_ »»
Aug 19, 2018 5:34 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2018

7 by Etheo_ »»
Aug 19, 2018 5:24 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

11 by Ranxomare »»
May 17, 2018 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.