Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I want Sai to play instead of Hikaru! And what was he talking about in the end? xD Creating stars and that kind of weird stuff.
The Go Go Igo! at the end made me lol as usual, shit looks retarded.
Oct 4, 2009 4:30 PM
Aug 2009
I think the whole universe thing and Hikaru saying that he was playing god is leading up to the hand of god move or whatever...

Aug 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Nov 2010
May 6, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice development! I really wonder what will happen next!
Feb 22, 2017 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
That was really beautiful, what Hikaru said about creating a universe on top of the goban.
Mar 6, 2017 1:41 AM

Feb 2010
I remember thinking about random stuff like that as a kid too, then aging happened and everything became gray instead :*(

Aug 9, 2018 5:55 AM

Feb 2013
He couldn't win without Sai's help.
Sep 1, 2019 3:04 AM

Mar 2012
My dude doing all this talk about becoming a god on the Go board and having all these pictures of galaxies shown, as if he were doing really good, only to have him get his ass kicked lol.
Nov 21, 2019 5:54 AM

Oct 2015
Hikaru made me laugh with"universe " crap, talking about wanting to be god of the board, the fuck? You just lost you idiot.

1 lose and 1 win, glasses is their hope now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 24, 2020 5:49 PM

Jan 2016
you're all laughing now... but wait until Hikaru becomes the first person to ever master 'the hand of God'
Soon Sai will become nothing but a hindrance

..maybe

Also I love this trio of Hikaru, Tsutsui, and Kaga. I hope we see more of them together xD
CyaniceNov 24, 2020 5:54 PM
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Nov 28, 2021 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
lol, after recreating that game hikaru just talking nonsense.

totsui is really weird ><
Oct 28, 2022 3:17 PM

Jan 2021
It's been a while since I read the manga so I'm trying to remember what happens lol. Anyways Kaga is one of my favorites so I'm happy seeing him animated :}
Jan 26, 2023 1:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
lost and lost!!! kekeke
Jun 13, 6:57 PM
Dec 2015
All that God of the Go board talk only to lose a minute later xD
Aug 10, 9:48 AM
Aug 2024
I made an account on MyAnimeList just to say this

In the manga, I don’t recall a scene of Hikaru being able to recreate a game he oversaw from scratch. I’m certain it doesn’t exist at all. Also at this point in the manga, Hikaru still wasn’t skilled at go. The anime changed this to Hikari having some natural gift or talent and showing it early on, while in the manga, you really got the sense that Hikaru discovers his passion slowly and gets sucked in. Hikaru becomes strong at go due to practicing and trying again, also with help from Sai.

I had SO many questions as I watched Hikaru recreate that game from scratch, one of them being “Is this really only episode 5?”

Hikaru comparing the go board to a whole universe also felt a bit out of cjaracter for him, when coming from him this early on. It was a beautiful scene and comparison, but this early on in the manga, I recall Hikaru feeling a less intense about go.

Maybe my opinion will change, but I prefer the manga’s pacing along with the message that talent comes from hard work and passion, it’s not necessarily something you’re just gifted at.
Aug 12, 7:38 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to sonatasaga
I made an account on MyAnimeList just to say this

In the manga, I don’t recall a scene of Hikaru being able to recreate a game he oversaw from scratch. I’m certain it doesn’t exist at all. Also at this point in the manga, Hikaru still wasn’t skilled at go. The anime changed this to Hikari having some natural gift or talent and showing it early on, while in the manga, you really got the sense that Hikaru discovers his passion slowly and gets sucked in. Hikaru becomes strong at go due to practicing and trying again, also with help from Sai.

I had SO many questions as I watched Hikaru recreate that game from scratch, one of them being “Is this really only episode 5?”

Hikaru comparing the go board to a whole universe also felt a bit out of cjaracter for him, when coming from him this early on. It was a beautiful scene and comparison, but this early on in the manga, I recall Hikaru feeling a less intense about go.

Maybe my opinion will change, but I prefer the manga’s pacing along with the message that talent comes from hard work and passion, it’s not necessarily something you’re just gifted at.
@sonatasaga Actually both those scenes- recreating the game by memory and comparing the go board to the universe- happen in the manga too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 11 Discussion

Dodara - Feb 7, 2013

9 by Skydis »»
Jul 17, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 6, 2014

4 by Skydis »»
Jun 25, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 70 Discussion

FallenHope - Jul 28, 2009

20 by oNephalem »»
Jun 21, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 3 Discussion

HydraA - Aug 19, 2009

14 by Skydis »»
Jun 7, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 20, 2009

25 by Skydis »»
Jun 4, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.