Forum Settings
Forums

Series that you think would have been better had they had 24 episodes instead of 12 or 13 and why

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
I swear these topics always pop up just to say Angel Beats when it was an original work to begin with. Maybe if Maeda knew how to tell a story, but that's a whole different issue I guess.

Danganronpa legitimately needed more episodes as stated above. I'm still on the fence of it would have worked as well as the game, but it definitely would have been better and that's all that matters. Though that show had other problems than simply adaptation decay I felt.

I wish FMP The Second Raid was twice as long, but for more story to follow (what would be) the initial arc, not so much stretching out what they already told.
Feb 14, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
K - as everyone else has said~
Danganronpa - RUSHED. Would be better if they adapted more things.
C Control - Interesting premise could have been executed better with more episodes.
Red Data Girl - Could have been a great show if it slowed down and focused on the mystery part more and filling in plot holes
No.6 - Ending was so rushed. Needed more pacing fix and world building
Brothers Conflict - Needed a resolution or at least a BIG climax near the end
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Could have focused on the slow pacing and good atmosphere instead of butchering the ending

ataxia_ said:
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun definitely should have had 24-26 episodes instead of 13. The ending was the worst part with many questions unanswered and it would have flowed better.

^ thisss

RequiemFor8man said:
Kyoukai no kanata. Last few episodes were good, but somehow felt rushed, especially the ending. Plus a lot of questions were left unanswered.

The length is good, but they wasted too much screentime in the beginning, esp episode 6 which wasted an entire episode on filler. It could easily be a great OVA tho.

Toshiru said:
Kuragehime - again its open ending right when the most interesting part starts

Agreed. Really top notch show, but it needed more.
Feb 14, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Level_VII said:
I think Another and Angel Beats would have been better because they would have both greatly benefited from some more character development.

Completely agree, especially with Angel Beats. The problem I had with the anime is that it felt rushed toward the end, and I would have also liked to have seen more of the characters back stories and development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpejQ1I7Z0
^^^This is all of you people t(^-^t)
Feb 14, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2012
Angel beats definitely comes to mind first
Feb 14, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
The correct answer is Angel Beats :P That anime would benefit the most from 24-26 episodes rather than 13.

Though I would personally like it if Madoka Magica was a bit longer as well. It felt a bit rushed in the character department (except for maybe Sayaka) though I liked it nonetheless.

Feb 14, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Kimi no Iru Machi, for sure. How can a 261 chapter manga be condensed into 12 episodes? It can't. Lol, plain and simple; sorry producers, but it simply has to be longer. The anime's pacing was ridiculously rushed and it even started off in a fashion that would confuse any viewer who has not yet read the manga.

The anime adaptation should have been 3-4 cour AT LEAST.
Feb 14, 2014 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
ataxia_ said:
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun definitely should have had 24-26 episodes instead of 13. The ending was the worst part with many questions unanswered and it would have flowed better.

Yes. This. Needed 24 episodes like no other. I loved the show still, but it could have used more time for more buildup/angry Shizuku times.
Feb 14, 2014 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
AKB0048... both seasons... not because it was rushed... I just want more... but if I had 50 episodes of AKB I would probably explode!

I think a lot of 24 episode anime would have actually been better at 12 episodes. Less episodes forces more succinct storytelling... I can't stand it when things are needlessly drawn out. If an anime actually has the content for 24 episodes fine... but otherwise, I'd rather see something a bit rushed instead of slowed down.
Feb 14, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
At least Now And Then, Here And There had action going on. There would have been more of it if it had more breathing room of 24 episodes.
Feb 14, 2014 10:28 PM

Apr 2011
probably Chaos;Head, didn't watch it cuz apparently it's horrible but I'm pretty sure 24 episodes is enough to adapt it correctly (like Steins;Gate)
Feb 14, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Eh, I dunno if this really counts but it would have been much nicer if the anime SAO featured Sword Art Online for both cours instead of one cour so that they could actually show more about the world and just throw out the ALO garbage.
Fuck I forgot about this.

Yea, definitely this.^
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 14, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
Danganronpa. Some things were too rushed, especially the class-trial episodes. I'm sure it would be better if it was around the 20-25 episodes long.
Feb 15, 2014 2:11 AM

Oct 2012
Almost every single series with deep stories and/or characters, basically.
Feb 15, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2014
Kyoukai no Kanata - I really enjoyed this series as the characters and plot developed but the last few episodes wrapped up way too quickly.

UN-GO - a lot happened in each episode so it was pretty hard to stay on top of everything that was going on. If the show slowed down a little bit I think it would have been really good
Feb 15, 2014 5:47 AM

May 2013
Also, Madoka. If the anime had been longer it would have had left its audience more time to bond with the characters and thus make the impact of the events more powerful.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
Heredity said:
Plenty of anime should have been 12-13 episodes rather than 26. Kill la Kill definitely would have benefited from a 13-episode story structure.
Feb 15, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
julyan04 said:
Angel Beats!. There were a lot of characters that didn't have enough screentime resulting into a meh ending. Well, it's still heartbreaking on some degree.

Danganronpa. 15-20+ hours of gameplay crammed into 12 episodes? Just.. who the hell can do that? XD And don't forget that it's focused on its mystery elements which requires a lot of time to be flesh out.
Feb 15, 2014 12:13 PM

Dec 2008
Danganronpa

Just finished the game yesterday and the anime is extremely rushed especially the trials and investigations. The anime hasnt once delved into the backstories of the characters and I'm already halfway through the show. If I hadnt played the game beforehand, I wouldnt have known what the hell was going on in that third trial. The rules of the 'game' they are playing are never explained, they just casually pull out the handbook only when necessary act like the audience was supposed to know the rules from the beginning.

I love how faithful it is to the game though. In fact the time restraints are probably my only issue with the show, yet its a big enough problem that it ruins almost everything.
Feb 15, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
I would've liked Pokemon Origins to be 24 episodes instead of 4, but I understand it was just a promotion for the XY games.

Inferno Cop needs a second season...
Feb 15, 2014 1:14 PM
Feb 2012
fmp the second raid .the story was getting to the best part , great animation , especially at that time . could of deffintely fitted a another volume into 12 episodes yet they cutted it short . still want my 4th season

im going to say noragami even though it hasnt finished. would love to had more than 12 episodes . idk if they enough material of the manga to make 24 episodes but i would to see more than 12 atleast .
Feb 15, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
IKKIsama said:
Heredity said:
Plenty of anime should have been 12-13 episodes rather than 26. Kill la Kill definitely would have benefited from a 13-episode story structure.

^
Yeah. The fact that they dragged it to two cour is the reason why I am having a hard time catching up.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» We need more black anime Waifus.

Gashadokur0 - 43 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» When did the term “Japanimation” started to become “anime” and what was the cause of that?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

46 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Will AI help reduce "crunch time" in the anime industry?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

30 by Lawrencw »»
21 minutes ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - 7 hours ago

36 by Swyzen »»
22 minutes ago

» Does anybody know every episode with breast-grabbing scenes in the anime "Zero no Tsukaima"/"The Familiar of Zero"?

webmarijavupade - 6 hours ago

1 by Jackof-allspades »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.