Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2009 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of god modding on this episode...

Summary:

If they hadn't wasted half the series with presentations, perhaps the plot could have been developed better and not ended abruptly in a ridiculous way.

Overall, it was a decent series, if you overlook the first half.
It gets a 5/10 from me.
ArcanusApr 1, 2009 7:43 AM
Apr 4, 2009 7:46 AM

May 2007
Only Haruki got a resurrection. But that was a given, since his body went missing! The rest of team Vipers is dead, for all we know!
This last ep was sweet, even if it was predictable. Great animation, and Ullas facial expressions were pure win!
Apr 4, 2009 9:44 AM

Feb 2009
Well not a bad episode nice actions and all but I wish they took the time on developing the plot that anime would have done a lot better.
Apr 4, 2009 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
That was ridiculous. How the hell does blind Haruki fight Ulla at all? And how did he know where to shoot?

It was okay series with a bad ending. 5/10
Apr 6, 2009 12:26 PM

Aug 2007
Series should be longer... Had a lot of plot potencial to explore.

Highlights from the Episode:

-Saiki gotta be a medium or so, no way he could fight Ulla without both eyes if he gets raped with 1 good eye.
-Haruki is lolback. its plausible since we didn't saw his body but he fell into the Ocean what makes it kinda hard to belive
-Rest of the time can be alive or dead, but good setup of gifts
-Happy Ageha = win
-Hilarious Ulla is Hilarious

Gets a 7/10 from me... Plot badly explored ends up in this...
Apr 7, 2009 3:20 AM

Nov 2007
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i believe this makes anime number 5 of animes concluding in the winter season to bring dead people back alive.

Haruhi gets shot and falls into the ocean which is toxic. but somehow manages to climb up the building to get to the "city land".
Saiki shooting completely blind had me lol'ing. the only thing that could have made that work is if his weird eye patch actually gave him an electronic image to see with.
And the muscular dude, im too tired to remember his name, somehow survives bc he gives the girl the mixture of ingredients that only he could make.....how the hell did he survive bullet wounds, plus two grenades going off in his hand.
May 4, 2009 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
He didn't survive. All of them (the dying 3) left goodbye gift for someone.

Horrible ending + slow plot progress = sorry, no more than 5/10
May 7, 2009 10:09 AM

Aug 2007
Meh a decent anime...too cliche that everyone started dying off. Haruki coming back to life was lame. Ageha ftw!
Sep 1, 2009 5:31 PM

Jun 2007
Haruki surviving and taking over the city was a bad idea. Not because it was plausible but because he's a horrible choice as a leader lol.

Saiki leaving in the sunset was pretty cliché. There really wasn't a need to have him go off in the end at all especially since he has unfinished business with what's her name (giggity giggity).

The series as a whole was ok. The last few episodes are what killed it for me though.
Apr 15, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
Series got shittier and shitter as the episodes progressed. I honestly liked the first half better with the character focus. Anyways ya, a typical action/cyberpunk/mecha series for me. I'll rate it 5.5/10 for now.

Ending was shit.
Jan 18, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2008
those last 4 episodes... so bad.
Jan 2, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2014
Not a big fan of Haruki being alive though it is somewhat believable. Overall a good show.
Oct 10, 2015 2:12 AM

Jul 2012
What an omnious ending. They didn't completely conclude it. Felt that it reminded me of Psycho Pass, especially because the main hero and villain share similar quirks.

I quite liked this show but it got less interesting once the main plot kicked in with Haruki and Ulla. This series could pull off two cour easily.

I also liked the message and the theme. It was something you don't see in your average anime.

Stark700 said:
Series got shittier and shitter as the episodes progressed. I honestly liked the first half better with the character focus. Anyways ya, a typical action/cyberpunk/mecha series for me. I'll rate it 5.5/10 for now.

Ending was shit.
pretty much same. First few episodes showed so much potential.
Jul 4, 2017 9:22 AM
May 2017
I liked the ending though there were many unanswered questions of what happened to Saiki. But Saiki was already mysterious in many ways to begin with.

What else do you want? He's been blinded and was already taken a greater risk after surviving the first time. And now there isn't much to see about him now.

Also, the girl, who took over the unit, the main adversary, it was unclear what the photograph in her office meant.

I say it was magnificent overall.
Jul 11, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2012
underrated anime. I rate it 8/10
Mar 19, 2020 8:33 PM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed this for the most part, but honestly they fucked up by 'killing' Haruki. He was an interesting character because he was at odds with basically everyone ideologically, both his co-workers and Hound (though he was taken out of the show after he realized the latter). There was so much potential there for his character and the show, if only the story had focused on him being alone in the midst of everything. They sacrificed too much for the 'tragic' and sudden, the payoff wasn't worth it at all. Like, his interactions with the other Vipers. That tension and disagreement, I wanted to see more of that and what that could have developed into. And Sakurako was in a similar situation too, between her and the other operators who were rather cold. I guess this kind of story was the most the writers could handle though, and even then it was pretty clumsily put together.

I get the feeling this was originally supposed to be 24 eps, but that's just a guess.

Most of my enjoyment came from the interesting world, cool transforming bike-mechs and appealing character designs (and that's a big part of the show, so I don't want my complaining to make it seem like it's all bad)
syncrogazerMar 19, 2020 8:40 PM
Oct 23, 2023 9:08 PM

Dec 2022
How did Haruki survive anyway? Getting shot in the chest and falling from that height into the ocean isn't something I can see him living through.

This anime is definitely watchable, and has a fantastic setting with moderately thrilling action. However, the plot keeps veering into ridiculous territory, which leaves you scratching your head a lot more often than you should.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Viper's Creed Episode 11 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 25, 2009

11 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 23, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Viper's Creed Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

7 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 23, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Viper's Creed Episode 9 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 16, 2009

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 23, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Viper's Creed Episode 8 Discussion

mel-hime - Mar 12, 2009

14 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 23, 2023 6:47 PM

Poll: » Viper's Creed Episode 7 Discussion

Arcanus - Mar 13, 2009

5 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 23, 2023 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.