Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2012 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
This was an amazing episode. I thought the fight scene was a little quick but it still had me biting my nails. And Asura eating her soul? Wtf. I'm just glad she's dead, one less enemy for the crew to worry about. AND SOMEONE WIELD EXCALIBUR ALREADY. 5/5.
Feb 9, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2012
A single shot killed Death? I was expecting much more of him.

Mar 21, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2012
Damn that sure was an epic fight but really lame he did that trick but so much respect for Shinigami-Sama to protect everyone... I do hope he's still alive or can regenerate in a way!

Great episode that ending was pretty predictable but now she's also been removed I wonder what fight will be next!
Jun 8, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
Well the whole "no imagination, no fear" thing reminded me of "old boy". Is Shinigami-Sama really dead? I hope not. I like him :(
Jun 23, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
Welp! Death was defeated easier than I thought he would be. Looks like the final battle is near.
Jul 5, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
does anyone know what song was playing when the where fighting and that he was talking some like mysterious song plays and its killing me cause i have no idea what song it is.
Aug 1, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
I love we finally get to see an episode with shinigama-sama and Asura fighting

Aug 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
ugh asura swallowing arachne's soul.... fucking shit its supposed to be for soul to become a death scythe
Apr 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2007
Redzinx said:
Well, it was a nice episode, but i didnt like the stupid cliche of losing cause he was protecting the people that he loves, cammon always the same stuff -.-

Kishin Hunter rulz :D

I know what you mean, but your crazy, that was not cliche by any means. The kishen voluntarily shot a beam at Kid and the others, what was he supposed to do, just sit there and watch well everyone gets destroyed. No, he was forced into that situation of protecting them obviously.

Cliche would be like some ridiculous talk bout protecting friends or something of that nature and coming up with some crazy power boost out of no where because their soul resonance becoming stronger due to there feelings of of each other. That i would call cliche.

This was kind of a spur of the moment thing.

Mar 9, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2013
Is Death... dead? Woah. Honestly, I expected something much sillier, having seen the last episode. I actually liked this one. And it looks like the gang will have to face the Kishin now, which is pretty nice.

Also, I kind of knew Arachne was gonna die. Like, as soon as they were standing so close together.
Apr 2, 2015 12:37 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode! I can't believe that happened to Lord Death! But I did kinda expect Asura to go after Kid, because he was right there. And I totally called it when Asura took out Arachne. I can't believe there's only a few episodes left Dx I want to keep watching...
Jul 6, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Awesome episode! Loved the fight between Lord Death and Asura. It was clever of the latter to target Kid to defeat Death. I guess it's up to the others to defeat him now...
Jul 15, 2015 1:25 PM

Mar 2015
Am I the only one who wanted Death to pull out his old mask and then fight?
Dec 12, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
Asura ate a witche's soul. Am I the only one or does Asura look like Kid?? Kid also has those white lines in his hair.
Jan 4, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2008
Crap Lord Death got messed up.
Feb 4, 2017 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
Kid and Azusa staying there as big targets was completely idiotic on their behalf. I foresaw Asura using them to beat Shinigami-sama since the start of the fight.
Especially stupid from Azusa who is supposed to be a great tactician.
I call Disney death on Shinigami-sama. He'll be back.

P.S. I'm honestly shocked at how many people here wrote that they did expect Shinigami-sama to win. Is this the first shonen you ever watched?
What would the three main characters do, then? Of course the final battle will be between Asura and them. The ED is anticipating that since it came out.
Mar 11, 2017 3:46 AM

Jan 2013
Shendue said:
Kid and Azusa staying there as big targets was completely idiotic on their behalf. I foresaw Asura using them to beat Shinigami-sama since the start of the fight.

Exactly, it became even more apparent when Asura looked at the group when Death was talking to him.

Kinda expected Asura to kill Arachne since he kept talking about not being bound to anything, yet he had Arachne. - Was a nice little touch and amazing way of killing her.
Nov 4, 2018 5:50 AM

Mar 2016
Death VS Kishin is not as fast paced as the other usual fights are, but it certainly is on another scale in terms of destruction and power. Death can use a Kishin hunter?! So what can a genie hunter that Maka has can do to Ashura? Medusa even said it won't hurt Ashura.

I'm betting that Death is still alive though, Ashura didn't finish him off anyway...

Arachne's death is quite pathetic, to be honest, she knew she can't do anything other than wait for Ashura to win and come back, but Ashura not wanting to be bound down by rules or stuff like that ended up to him killing Arachne. So now that she's dead, the only main antagonist left now is Ashura himself...
Apr 25, 2019 8:08 AM

Dec 2018
Definitely not a good idea to let them watch the battle. I think Death is not dead yet.

Gotta call Hero to use Excalibur and save the day.

Ashura said he's gonna stop imagining things yet he still imagining things.

Arachne death seems like a clone lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 1, 2019 6:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the end with Arachne
Jan 9, 2020 4:53 PM

May 2016
It was expected for a coward like Asura to resort to taking advantage of the situation no matter what and Death lost as a result. They're both practically on par with each other so if it weren't for the bystanders, he might've had a chance too...

He's practically unscathed and even ate Arachne's soul so things will only get worse from here unless something unexpected happens.

Jan 11, 2022 3:47 PM

Mar 2020
Arachne was probably the most irrelevant villain this series had, she was supposed to know everything and have spies everywhere but literally she knew nothing about anything, she was literally the opposite of what she was supposed to be, literally anyone and everyone could infiltrate in her hideout and take informations from her, she had spiders permanently monitorising her castle but didnt noticed a single tresspasser and now she gets the most pathetic death someone could get. It's like the authors really wanted a second mastermind for the series that wasn't Medusa but had no idea what to do with it.
Oct 24, 2022 4:26 PM
Jan 2021
rip bozo shinigami
Dec 1, 2022 8:19 PM
Nov 2022
so technically asura killed arachne cuz she felt like home (family)? she comforted him in her castle all that time before the fight. & since asura said that he fears family cuz of the obligations that come w/ them, in a way, arachne’s presence “warmed” him?

Jan 15, 2023 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
I've started to lose interest in anything that is happening but Arachne's death was funny since she ended up being a pointless character, what a flop.
Oct 10, 2023 3:22 AM

Oct 2020
If Crona and BlackStar can survive those fatal blows from the previous episodes, I don't see why Lord Death can't survive one blast from a Kishin..

Also I assume Asura killed Arachne because he was afraid of loving her but I could be wrong. I guess a witch's soul is essentially a huge power-up but it seemed like there was more to it than that
tiaamyomOct 10, 2023 3:27 AM
Mar 30, 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
Welp, It was a really Lame way how Death was defeated lol. Also can't believe Arachne, A witch who always had backup plans and was very cautious was killed in such a straightforward way. Since this is filler, I guess this is the best that the staff could come up with, I'm curious how this all plays out in the manga instead.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

615 by krelbiet »»
May 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Apr 7, 2008

272 by Erickgamer »»
Apr 30, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.