Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Apr 2019
Aye Kaiki's back. Had a feeling he'd show up sooner or later.

So Hitagi asking for Kaiki's help was a bit unexpected but makes sense to a degree. Also her constant changing glasses and Kaiki's shirt were pretty fuuny.

Also, him doing this for the sake of Kanbaru is really interesting, and there's no doubt in my mind that it relates to Izuko somehow.

This'll definitely be a interesting arc from the looks of it, getting Kaiki's help to deceive Nadeko into not killing Koyomi, Hitagi, and Shinobu, I wonder if it will work?
Sep 16, 2020 10:17 PM

Jun 2020
Kaiki is back and it was a pretty interesting arc I have nothing to say but the new ed was good and I hope that Nadeko won't die°°
Nov 2, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Mayne, the art and animation for this series is on another level. The colours are a real eyegasm in this episode.

Kaiki looks like a Japanese/anime Jim Carrey. I love that he's the narrator here, it's great. Senjougahara and Kaiki's characters play so well off of each other. Waifugahara is assertive and intelligent and Kaiki is sullen and deceptive
Jan 11, 2021 8:12 PM

Jul 2020
Hitagi still looks cute in her new look.
Feb 24, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2014
I am glad crazy Nadeko wasn't forgotten. It would be too bad if the fighting scene got skipped. The opening was chill and more modern with some nice techno music. Very nice and visual opening too.

Kaiki is back in the story. One got to love his evil and dirty personality. Even after deceiving so many people, he doesn't feel any remorse. True evil and money-loving person.

It's cute how Senjugahara (or Senshogahara) is trying to save Araragi by deceiving the crazy snake god, Nadeko. Even more cute is the disguise she is wearing. Funny how it changes three times during the ep. in this order

What's also funny is that it's right after the moment or a bit after she spills orange juice at Kaiki.

The best part was the end. He tried to argue to himself if he should save them and accept the job. He said no (or no-da) so many times that one began to say it with him. Looks like Gaen is a huge O.J. character, otherwise wouldn't he justify it by Araragi's connection with Kanbaru.
Feb 24, 2021 2:43 PM

May 2014
Starchaser said:
Mayne, the art and animation for this series are on another level. The colors are a real eyegasm in this episode.

Kaiki looks like a Japanese/anime Jim Carrey. I love that he's the narrator here, it's great. Senjougahara and Kaiki's characters play so well off of each other. Waifugahara is assertive and intelligent and Kaiki is sullen and deceptive

*eyegasm*, haha. But I get your point. xD
Feb 24, 2021 2:43 PM

May 2014
cuzpLay said:
Kaiki is back and it was a pretty interesting arc I have nothing to say but the new ed was good and I hope that Nadeko won't die°°

I wouldn't mind. She is an annoying brat. I would rather have her ded and Hachikuji alive.
Feb 24, 2021 2:46 PM

May 2014
Monty3610 said:
Aye Kaiki's back. Had a feeling he'd show up sooner or later.

So Hitagi asking for Kaiki's help was a bit unexpected but makes sense to a degree. Also her constant changing glasses and Kaiki's shirt were pretty fuuny.

Also, him doing this for the sake of Kanbaru is really interesting, and there's no doubt in my mind that it relates to Izuko somehow.

This'll definitely be a interesting arc from the looks of it, getting Kaiki's help to deceive Nadeko into not killing Koyomi, Hitagi, and Shinobu, I wonder if it will work?

Probably not because from what we saw from the end of Otorimonogatari it will be a huge fight. But let's see how it turns out.
Mar 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, that was a fantastic episode! And we're going to be getting Kaiki's POV in this arc. Also, Kaiki's theme was a fantastic way to start this arc lmao. That OP was so good and trippy at the same time, did not expect Kaiki to be the main character this arc.

Senjougahara in those glasses was fucking hilarious and then Kaiki trying to outdo her lmao, their interactions are great, their personalities really mesh well together, the sass is of the charts. Love how Kaiki tried to find reasons to accept and his answer is Kanbaru Suruga. This is going to be a good arc once again, let's fucking go.

Seeing Hachikuji in the ED made me sad as shit.
sKyBlazer08Mar 16, 2021 9:04 AM
Apr 6, 2021 3:33 PM

Apr 2020
Kaiki is SO cool wtf??? This episode was hilarious and Senjogahara best girl is back babyyyyyy. But fr Kaiki is awesome and this foreshadowing with Kanbaru, I wonder what's going on.
Apr 26, 2021 12:03 AM

Jul 2019
Arcs with this guy involved are always interesting
Aug 12, 2021 8:37 AM

Aug 2020
This dude showing up alone can make up for the last two decent arcs. Wtf is this guy lol. Usually, Hitagi has the most screen presence in Monogatari and this dude shows up and steals the show.

I am really liking this guy so far. Hitagi offering her body is to manipulate Kaiki by making him feel guilty. I don't think how people can call her a whore for that. People truly have double standards huh?
Aug 27, 2021 1:48 AM
Aug 2021
The interaction between Hitagi and Kaiki before they met upin the airport lobby was pretty funny. No idea why Kaiki's being childishXD
So Hitagi wants Kaiki to deceive Nadeko to prevent her and Araragi from being murdered by Nadeko.
Sep 1, 2021 7:28 PM
May 2020
loved the new op/ed. kaiki thought process is only that of profit. need to learn from that guy ngl
May 1, 2022 5:58 AM

Feb 2019
Loved the last part as Kaiki thought about any reason to do this job. Really makes you think if he actually wants to do this job, but just needs a reasoning for it. It sure sounded to me like he wanted to do it, just not sure on what basis.

But that last 「イェスだ。」 was awesome
May 6, 2022 8:13 AM

Jan 2015
Cause I was too sad after the last episode to remember to post screenshots of the arc... here are some, as well as thoughts on some brief scenes I didn't discuss.
Okay, now that talking more on previous episodes is done...
...holy shit. After the saddest episode comes the return of Kaiki and Senjougahara, both in hilarious episodes, with wonderful dialogue, music and ideas. Hilarious episode, gut busting laughs throughout.

Where with the last episode, I was being bought back to crying while typing about it, this one's bringing me back to more laughing, what a wonderful change of pace.
The whole monologue scene had my jaw dropped, hilarious seeing this guy who had no qualms conning children, in his head seeking whatever possible reason there is to accept a heroic, out of character job. Some awesome examples of this sort of development exist elsewhere but this one in particular seems really surprising and hilarious. Wonderful bathroom monologue which looked amazing as well as being really engaging the entire time. Before it was also a blast with Senjougahara talking with him, her changing moustache on the dumb gag glasses was fun.
Oh yeah, opening seconds of the episode already had me in for a ride but you get to the opening with fucking old school romance set pieces with Kaiki and Senjougahara? What the fuck? I was as amazed as I was amused, and I was laughing a bunch. What a way to start the arc, this whole episode is not what I expected at all going into the Sengoku stuff, but I appreciated every moment. If sleep wasn't necessary I'd probably finish the season right now, but I'll finish a while later. Absolutely the best season, wow. I hope it gets even better but that's a huge ask, hahaha. Still don't have anything I've scored a ten but like, if there's a series which could do it, Monogatari's proving it has what it takes.
Excited for more Kanbaru!
Aug 21, 2022 8:22 PM
Oct 2020
Wiziliz said:
Cause I was too sad after the last episode to remember to post screenshots of the arc... here are some, as well as thoughts on some brief scenes I didn't discuss.

Nice series of Hachikuji memories, @wiziliz :) :') :)
So just to torture myself a little more I went back and watched the Bakemonogatari Op 2. I hadn't read the translation of the lyrics before but now they hit me like a ton of bricks.

Kaerimichi
Hachikuji OP

Was glad for the comic relief of Senjougahara's disguise. It's almost like the creators knew we needed something over the top to laugh at after the last episode.
ELuck42Aug 21, 2022 8:27 PM
Aug 22, 2022 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
ELuck42 said:
Wiziliz said:

Nice series of Hachikuji memories, @wiziliz :) :') :)
So just to torture myself a little more I went back and watched the Bakemonogatari Op 2. I hadn't read the translation of the lyrics before but now they hit me like a ton of bricks.
Yeah. :')
She's still my laptop lockscreen, best girl!
Sep 30, 2022 6:42 AM
Apr 2022
Very interesting beginning of the arc
Oct 26, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
It's a fun episode, Hitagi is desperate here lol. Kaiki asked himself questions, I can't do something like that. He's built differently. Welp, I'm glad he was looking for a reason to accept the job for free though.
Dec 15, 2023 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiki literally looking for reasons to answer Hitagi's request. He secretly likes Hitagi.
Jan 26, 12:59 AM

May 2021
It was pretty entertaining seeing Kaiki try to come up with a justification for helping Hitagi. An unusual brand of tsundere.

Mar 16, 6:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Here we are at the final arc of Second Season, and it is taking us back to the Nadeko plot from before so it makes sense that it would be Senjougahara focused since she was the one that delayed their doom in the first place. And who does she call for help? Well it’s certainly not the ghostbusters, although they would be helpful with all the ghosts in this show, but instead my boy Kaiki, oh man how I’ve missed him, he’s one of the reasons Karen Bee was one of my favorite arcs back in the day. And he’s immediately reminding me why he’s one of my favorite characters during his whole conversation with Senjougahara, which was the whole episode pretty much lol, but it’s kinda wild how a whole episode of talking can suck you in so much, the visuals and the goofy looks the two of them had probably helped lol.

And I gotta respect Kaiki for not only going to Okinawa because of a lie (lol), but not immediately taking Senjougahara’s job as well, it is sketchy after all and as he went over in the bathroom, he has little to no reason to take the job, and what ended up leading to him taking it wasn’t even because of Senjougahara, but Kanbaru because of her reaction to Gaen, so that info we just learned is already relevant. And with that I guess Kaiki is oboard, I have a feeling his con artist skills will be handy but I’m not sure if this new Nadeko will have her mind changed so easily, guess we’ll find out. Also the TV version does not have the OP for these first two episodes, but I did catch it while getting screenshots and it is kinda wild lol, I love the mix of the usual art style and a more classic anime art style, it’s not necessarily fitting for the arc but I like it a lot. And man I’m gonna miss that elevator ED but this new one is nice, it’s cool how much music one anime can have and it’s all bangers.
Jul 1, 4:27 PM
Jan 2024
In the past, Kaiki was just a villain, but his introduction gave me the impression that he is a more interesting character than Hitagi and less forced too!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.