Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2013 10:50 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well well, very nice chapter. Only seen the raw, but kid looks bossin' as a Shinigami. Poor Shinigami died though, Excalibur mourns his death. Meanwhile Kid's soul is now bigger than the moon! Amazing!

And Maka, wow, she got shanked badly. Asura's whole arm went through her. And what an amazing looking move he pulled off in one of the later pages, fantastically drawn, as cool as Black Star's move in one of the previous chapters. Really liking how this fight is going.

Crona seems he/she will make a reappearance too due to Soul going all out on that piano. Will probably come back out of Asura and somehow keep Maka alive.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!

I also feel Excalibur will play some role, he's been hanging around too long to be doing nothing. I think that Kid will probably end up using him.
May 15, 2013 4:26 PM

Dec 2011
Sooo happy about Kid being a Shinigami now, I wonder if he knows his father died because of it though?
And I'm currently freaking out about Maka! I do not want Maka dying on us, no no no. I feel like if Maka died though Soul, Blackstar and Kid, (And maybe somehow Crona?) Who go insane and Kkill the Kishin. But I really really really don't want Maka to die....
May 16, 2013 1:29 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah, I wonder too. I feel Kid may not, and it's understandable if Shinigami didn't tell him, so he won't hesitate. At the same time he's ballsy enough to do it if it's going to save the world.

As for Maka, she won't die. I feel Crona will save Maka, something to do with Soul going crazy on the piano and the black blood. Think back to the revival of the Kishin when Maka went crazy.
May 18, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
The translation takes sooo long... :'(
May 19, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
I can't believe that shinigami sama is actually dead and excalibur has a serious side and wow kid I'm so happy u have reached full power
May 19, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Farewell, Shinigami, I will miss you.

I'm seriously disappointed though by shinigami Kid, I hoped he would look older, more mature, you know.

Of course it's not going to happen but I wouldn't mind if Maka died, I don't like her.

Also, gotta appreciate the illustration of Asura.
May 19, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
R.I.P. Shinigami. It sucks that his face was never shown, unless the mask IS his face.

AND WTF? Now Maka's going to die too? Well, somewhat doubt it but that took me by surprise. (was too eager hoping that someone will intervene but nothing happened)

Anyways, great chapter, can't wait till the next one.
May 19, 2013 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
Yes!! Maka is death!! go kishin!!

Wait maka is a good one, the only one at "human level" in that fight and Crona is her friend and MVF.

the last one, make pretty predectible what is gonna happend in the next chapter.

psd: give to us some madness!!! not make Soul Eater predectible, the death of shinigami was predectible...
May 19, 2013 11:54 PM

Oct 2008
People are seriously buying that Maka is dead? Soul was on a roll with his piano-playing there; she's gonna go into a full-on black blood frenzy.
May 20, 2013 1:14 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty eventful chapter. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

And no, Maka will not die.
I'm a douche. Deal with it.
May 20, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2012
I'm kinda disappointed to know that full power shinigami Kid is weaker than Black Star! And Maka got Raikiri'd by the Kishin! I think it's pretty safe to say that this chapter did not go as I expected it to. Still really exciting though and I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

May 20, 2013 3:56 AM

Dec 2008
I think Spirit stepped in and took the blow for Maka.
May 20, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
Even with the power of a true Shinigami Kid is weaker than Black Star. This guy is sure overpowered.
Hoping Maka will undergo the same transformation than against Arachnee.
May 20, 2013 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Even after Kid gained the true power of Shinigami he's still not stronger than Black*Star! :O I am so pumped for Soul and Maka's black blood battle!
And nah, Maka isn't gonna die! No way. /shakes head.

May 20, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2012
The true question here is if we're going to know the gender of Crona before the end.
May 20, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
Uchihafan25 said:
I'm kinda disappointed to know that full power shinigami Kid is weaker than Black Star! And Maka got Raikiri'd by the Kishin! I think it's pretty safe to say that this chapter did not go as I expected it to. Still really exciting though and I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter!

Don't give too much credit to Black Star just yet. Think carefully. Kid just woke up to the full powers of a shingiami. Does this mean Kid knows how to use these powers to their fullest ability yet. No. Kid is still new to these powers, it will take him time to get use to them. Then when he does, watch out. He'll be as strong as his father. But for now, he still has all this raw power he doesn't know how to use. He is still stronger than Black Star, don't forget that. Also remember that Asura is Kid's brother, and he does look down upon Kid. The comment may have been more said in an attempt to hurt some self-confidence.

But for now, let the goof's fans praise Asura for saying such a false truth. I'm sure they are sucking it up.

Back to Kid, I think his transformation was downplayed. Given that as soon as he finished, it went right back to Maka, Soul, and Black Star. I think Atsushi wanted to put more focus on them instead of worry about the new Shingiami-sama (TT.. I'll miss him.)

As for Maka, I'm in agreement with wanting her dead. I don't like her. But watch, knowing our luck she'll end up alive and the person that takes the blow is either her Father or Soul, or it could be that she'll wail on him with the black blood frenzy. Or it is Chrona that has taken the hit.. That back, in that last panel did not look like Maka's.

May 21, 2013 12:17 AM
Jul 2018

Shinigami just vanished.
And no. Maka will not die.
May 22, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2012
I agree, the back in the last panel looked like it may not have been Maka's. But I mean Kishin is right up on her, dunno how there's room for someone else. I would it's not Spirit..would be more logical for it to be Crona, we all know he'll pop back out eventually.

Anyway, Soul losing it on the piano is pretty awesome..excited to see it translate to Maka losing it.

Shingami just crumbled away...;_;
May 22, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
Cya space cowboy Shinigami

It would be interesting if Maka died.

Loved the overall art of this chapter, some scenes where simply amazing.
May 23, 2013 2:38 PM

Feb 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
Shingami just crumbled away...;_;

yup, sad :(

when kid connected the 3 lines i could not avoid to think "he evolved in chamber!" xD (having 3 lines seems to be becoming popular xD)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 23, 2013 3:43 PM
Apr 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
I agree, the back in the last panel looked like it may not have been Maka's. But I mean Kishin is right up on her, dunno how there's room for someone else. I would it's not Spirit..would be more logical for it to be Crona,

Pretty sure Maka is the only one who has that team headband on her arm as shown in the last panel. So, it's pretty much confirmed it was Maka who got pierced. Does this mean she's dead? Probably not considering how crazy Soul was going on his piano.
May 23, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2011
Shinigami is dead ho ho ho I like it !!!

Kishin is the almigthy, none can beat him. Death Jr is to weak.

the last picture is very violent....

Here a English translation :
http://imgbox.com/adglPXqv
May 25, 2013 6:56 PM

Apr 2013
Okubo gave a huge surprise there O.O ... anyways, I still can't believe that the manga is "nearing" it's end :<
"A sound soul resides in a sound mind and a sound body." -- Maka Albarn

"As far as I know, music isn't picky about when it is played." -- Soul Evans
May 27, 2013 10:15 AM

Dec 2009
CrimsonOrb said:
Okubo gave a huge surprise there O.O ... anyways, I still can't believe that the manga is "nearing" it's end :<

It might not be nearing it's end. I heard from a MangaHere user that there is suppose to be one more villain after Asura. As to who that is, I don't know. All I know is that Atsushi said in an interview that there would be one more villain. Whether he keeps his word on that or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

May 28, 2013 11:42 PM

Nov 2011
HOLY HELL. Maka better be okay next time damn...cliffhanger.
May 30, 2013 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
I think Okubo will not surprise us. Maka is alive. Soul maybe already activated black blood. So the wound will be healed.
May 30, 2013 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
sovaca said:
I think Okubo will not surprise us. Maka is alive. Soul maybe already activated black blood. So the wound will be healed.

You know, Asura could also be affected by Soul's playing. He did note that the black blood was acting up inside him. So two crazies on black blood.. Oh that should be fun.

Jun 3, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2012
omg Maka, she can't be dead, no away D: I was hoping more about Kid, but he just "woke up" now..
Oct 13, 2013 3:09 AM
Aug 2011
Soul: TAKE THIS YOU KISHIN BASTARD!!!
*plays piano aggressively*

That will never not be funny to me.

Didn't Maka get stabbed like that in the anime original ending too?
I don't remember it too well since I watched it so long ago.
May 14, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2007
Nooo poor Shinigami. :( Kid will be so sad.
Feb 5, 2020 12:04 AM

Mar 2018
Shinigami gone, Kid is the next successor. Soul's piano seems to be entering its final stages...

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

More topics from this board

» Soul Eater- Remake?

Fullmetaldak - Jun 12

17 by TransferUser »»
Aug 13, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.