Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2008 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Probably my favourite episode so far. The graveyard is just creepy. And despite Maetel's explanation for her tears, it seems to imply that there's much more to it than just her friend dying. Or was it even her friend?? I'm under the impression that Maetel herself has a mechanical body.
Jan 23, 2009 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
I don't think so. Remember when she went under the X-ray? But yeah, great ep. Shadow's story was so tragic, how she has to live in that body without being able to go back to her human one.
Jun 1, 2011 6:49 AM

May 2008
Indeed, this was the best episode so far.
I wanted to hear more about Maetel and her friend, at least a name or something. I have a feeling that the progression of the characters will be really slow especially for Tetsurou. He only encountered with cyborgs who are definitelly unsatisfied with their state but he still wants to get a mechanical body... Maetel too don't seem to like the idea of it~
Well, there are a lot of episodes for them to develop I guess, and also for the real storyline to appear~
Feb 26, 2012 5:09 AM
Aug 2010
I started laughing like an asshole when Shadow started flogging Maetel's butt. I like the surreal atmosphere of this show, MAetel caring for Tetsurou but never truly stop him from doing what he wants to do, Shadow for some reason able to communicate through telepathy and knowing a lot about Setsurou's mother... It's dreamlike.

And and I guess we're in for 113 episodes of "bawwwww mechanical bodies are baaad!!!!". It was already made obvious from the second episode.
lpfFeb 26, 2012 5:31 AM

Mar 23, 2013 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Really creepy episode. Funny how Tetsuro fell so easily into a trap. Like wow, he didn't even notice that she took him to her lair, because the frozen body wasn't enough of a hint. Spanking scene was hilarious haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 22, 2013 10:18 PM

May 2010
The graveyard was super creepy. The feeling of despair was evoked really well imo
Oct 30, 2014 7:11 PM

Oct 2009
atrophaneurae said:
And despite Maetel's explanation for her tears, it seems to imply that there's much more to it than just her friend dying.

Well why, I think this explanation is perfectly fine. Who is this dearest friend of hers is a question, though

Danish said:
I don't think so. Remember when she went under the X-ray?

Still, there's something fishy. Maybe her soul was transferred to her friend's body?

lpf said:
MAetel caring for Tetsurou but never truly stop him from doing what he wants to do,

Tetsurou, why you no listen to what older people tell you? "Don't leave the city" - does just that

lpf said:
And and I guess we're in for 113 episodes of "bawwwww mechanical bodies are baaad!!!!". It was already made obvious from the second episode.

There were hints even in the first one
That's probably the point of the story. Although in this case, Shadow's mistake was in getting mechanical body when she was still so young. Her body really looked beautiful, BTW. I don't think there's any point in staying in your real body when your are, let's say, in your sixties

ZetaZaku said:
Funny how Tetsuro fell so easily into a trap. Like wow, he didn't even notice that she took him to her lair, because the frozen body wasn't enough of a hint.

I think he was kind of hypnotized and didn't really understand what is going on any more

Maybe I should start counting how many time this journey takes, but somebody must have already done this
SerhiykoJul 28, 2015 5:08 AM
Jul 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
I don't get it. Shadow goes on whining about how she wants to be back in her body (or at least regretting ever getting a mechanical one) yet she said she'll put Tetsurou's soul in HER original body?

wot

That was depressing. The flogging part was a bit hilarious, but this was depressing.
Nov 2, 2015 2:55 PM

May 2012
My suspicion of this trip being more to show Tetsuro that having a robotic body isn't actually great just keeps getting stronger by the episode. I do wonder what will happen next though!
Nov 26, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Not feeling satisfied with your own face? Well I experienced this in games, when customizing my character - like many others. Sometimes it's better to cover the face with masks and such.
May 25, 2018 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
lmao @ this idiot kid falling for the ghost mom trick twice in 5 eps
Aug 7, 2021 4:20 PM

Nov 2016
Kinda fucked up that someone gave her such a "face" in the first place xD

Pretty sad episode, the atmosphere was so nice.

And somehow I have the feeling that there isn't a place where you get a mechanical body for free. I think this whole trip is just there to show Tetsuro that you should appreciate your body. Humans are beautiful because they're fleeting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2021 1:20 PM

Jan 2019
Episode 2 had already been sad, but this one surpassed it for sure. Shadow switches to a robotic body, but regrets this.

In addition, Maetel has a pain hosted in this place, as cold as her lonely heart.
Feb 27, 2023 10:01 PM

Dec 2022
that Shadow was one nasty old bitty!
Apr 8, 2023 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
Shadow's fate is a sad one, and Tetsurou still hasn't learned anything.

The girl under the ice, was she really Maetel's friend? Or, is it possible that it's Maetel's human body? Her x-ray looked human, but who knows.

Jul 14, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2022
So far I have to say every lady has long hair.
And kind of look-a-like each other.

Maetel crying for a 'friend' seems suspicious to me.
Like Maetel said, I also feel sad for Shadow.
Tetsuro is so.....

This episode is sad. I want to know more about Maetel.
Apr 11, 7:09 PM
Oct 2018
Sorry, but that kid is so ugly, it's insane. I try to enjoy the episodes, but as soon as I see that ugly bastard, all I can think is MAN what an ugly kid. Oh well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 64 Discussion

Feorg - Jul 19, 2012

14 by MoblinGoblin »»
May 18, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 42 Discussion

Feorg - Jul 7, 2012

12 by MoblinGoblin »»
May 3, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 11 Discussion

sayami - Jun 3, 2011

16 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 15, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 32 Discussion

Feorg - Jun 16, 2012

7 by Brolaub »»
Apr 15, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 9 Discussion

sayami - Jun 2, 2011

10 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 14, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.