Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2008 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
Zange said:

Actually. I've been to hooters. it is a family restaurant, I haven't seen anything wrong with hooters! It is a nice place. However the waitresses did have small hooters, I did inquire why her breasts were so small.. and she gave me a dirty look.. I am serious... ¬___¬.

There's nothing wrong with Hooters, obviously, but I really have to question what kind you went to if you consider it a normal family restaurant.

Maybe it's because I usually go to them late Saturday night in the Los Angeles area, when a UFC PPV is on, but there's usually two types of people there;

1. Groups of typical, white LA guys in their twenties. A little bit like me, except more obnoxious, loud, and drunk.

2. A bunch of scary, hardcore Mexicans who look like they spent that morning in Tijuana. Missing teeth, facial scars, crazy looks in their eyes.

And yeah, telling a Hooters girl that her breasts are small is a bad idea if you don't want your food to come back with a few extra helpings of spit, piss, etc.
Dec 28, 2008 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
datsunvic said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmA7hVeXpik
found a vid. With the jankinpon gamu. all garish colors, looks like a fairy-tale preschool fantansy. The maids using the cutsy kiddy language
"ku-da-hai" instead of kudasai
I don't think I could stand it.

Oh God the memories. >_< Yes if you want to see that stupid game of janken, watch the horrible vid.

ShaolinRibiero said:
This sounds like the horrifying, cold-sweat nightmare version of all that, with forced singing and idiotic games, featuring much uglier women wearing less revealing clothing. I'm disappointed in you though, Cihan. I would have had the maids either pour too much milk into my coffee, or told them something rude.

As it is, you were just there for the ride, and didn't influence the situation yourself at all.

Although you're right, I just didnt want to come across as a stereotypical gaijin, I've already endured many annoying looks while living in Aichi, so while visiting Tokyo I just want to blend in and take a break from all that bullshit. Plus, I'm an introvert at heart!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 28, 2008 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
Japan isn't like what it is in the anime.

I am shocked.

o_o
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 28, 2008 6:49 PM

Jan 2008
Ontario said:

I am shocked.

o_o

Imagine how weird it would be if Japanese people had humongous eyes and eccentric hairstyles..
Dec 28, 2008 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
sniW said:
Ontario said:

I am shocked.

o_o

Imagine how weird it would be if Japanese people had humongous eyes and eccentric hairstyles..

Pretty weird. I think I might shit bricks.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 28, 2008 9:27 PM

Sep 2008
dude that's fuckin' awesome.
i wish i could live your life right now... haha, just playing, though i wouldn't mind trying these cafes myself.

however i'm curious as to how much these little maids make...
and speaking of little, how tall were most of them?
What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Dec 28, 2008 9:30 PM

Sep 2008
sniW said:
Ontario said:

I am shocked.

o_o

I'm all for the hair, but the eyes might creep me out every now and then.
Dec 28, 2008 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
SkiesOfBlue said:
however i'm curious as to how much these little maids make...
and speaking of little, how tall were most of them?

I'm like 178 cms, or 5'10" or something, and they were all shorter than me, though very varied in height. To be honest, only two were barely what I would call 'attractive', the rest were just plain Janes dressed up. It was bizzare but there was this woman who wasnt in a maid outfit, who seemed to be overseeing a lot of the operation, and she was dressed in a business suit. BUT she was made to look like a 10 year old who decided to wear her mum's work attire, it was so so strange, I couldnt tell how old she really was it was so disorientating.

I have to say, you can mock these maids all you want but they must have amazing will power and discipline to put up with disgusting otaku, superior bastards, and gaijin ogling/laughing at them. They kept to their routine and scripts very well and never broke out of character, it was inspiring. Well, disturbing.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 28, 2008 11:24 PM

Jul 2008
Cihan said:

Although you're right, I just didnt want to come across as a stereotypical gaijin, I've already endured many annoying looks while living in Aichi, so while visiting Tokyo I just want to blend in and take a break from all that bullshit. Plus, I'm an introvert at heart!

What's a stereotypical gaijin supposed to be like? And why should you care if you get annoying looks from small, frail, racist Japs? Just have fun! It's all about having a story-worthy adventure!

Unless I see a Japanese guy with cauliflower ears who I recognize as being a mixed martial artist (like the guy in my avatar!), I wouldn't be scared of anyone in Tokyo. I mean, they rarely even carry guns there, right?

Cihan said:

I have to say, you can mock these maids all you want but they must have amazing will power and discipline to put up with disgusting otaku, superior bastards, and gaijin ogling/laughing at them. They kept to their routine and scripts very well and never broke out of character, it was inspiring. Well, disturbing.

Mostly agree with this. I don't envy these girls their jobs.

At the same time, it was their choice to work there. Giant, ugly white guys like myself making fun of them is a part of the job description, no?
Dec 28, 2008 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
I applaud you sir
Dec 29, 2008 5:08 AM

Dec 2007
Cihan said:

This is pretty much like cosplaying in my country. x3 Oh yes, I want to work there. Hopefully they were really acting and they are not "kudahai" in real life.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 29, 2008 5:45 AM

Sep 2008
Cihan said:

I have to say, you can mock these maids all you want but they must have amazing will power and discipline to put up with disgusting otaku, superior bastards, and gaijin ogling/laughing at them.

The pays decent...
Dec 29, 2008 9:17 AM

May 2008
Rpgwiz said:
Cihan said:

I have to say, you can mock these maids all you want but they must have amazing will power and discipline to put up with disgusting otaku, superior bastards, and gaijin ogling/laughing at them.

The pays decent...

$10.50 per hour according to the previously mentioned hiring link after exchange rates.. I don't really know if you'd call that decent, for a job like that.. especially considering the cost of living over there..
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.