Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, our main character is a bit different than normal MCs. Our main character is apparently street fighter that is also going to participate in battles. Awesome!

Setting reminds me of Tamers, but that evolution background with floating text was throwback to Adventure.
Apr 22, 2013 6:52 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, much better animation style imo.

And I see Agumon. I haven't seen this guy since Digimon Adventures season 2. That's been a long damn time since my childhood. I'm not sure about Agumon's voice though..sounds kinda strange and not used to it yet. I guess it's because I've watched the dub version before when I was a kid.

The OP song is good though imo.

I'm glad they're having digimon as actual partners and more scenes in the real world as opposed to Digimon Frontiers. Anyways, not a bad start for this pilot episode.
Aug 24, 2015 6:51 PM

May 2015
There is a severe lack of goggles on this protagonist. I'm all for changing the flavor of the season each time, but some traditions shouldn't be broken.
Jan 7, 2016 1:42 PM
May 2013
I'm still wondering how did her voice reached him from the tower .
May 17, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
I never realized how fast paced this first episode was, and Marcus wanting to be an "Ultimate fighter" makes more sense when know you it's replacing Bancho.
Jul 8, 2016 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
The new concept is interesting, Masaru fighting a digimon head on,lol.
But wtf happened to Agumon, he is too big!
Apr 1, 2017 1:29 AM
Apr 2017
NiceEeeeeeewewwwwwwwwweee
Apr 7, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2010
The artstyle is atrocious, looks like an old Cartoon Network show called Secret Agents or something like this. Bleh.

The premise of the show is quite good. Marcus is still young but he looks older than MC from previous series.

Agumon is eating too much. Next season he will start as GreyAgumon lol.

Apr 13, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2016
Marcus is the the first one punch man confirmed!

What a solid episode, despite being paced pretty fast

9/10
Aug 9, 2018 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
Can't say I'm a fan of the animation style or Yoshino's voice and I distinctly remember hating the whole thing where Digimon can be stored in the Digivice's since I felt it treated them too much like pets rather than partners but maybe it's not as bad as I remember. I remember thinking that this season was easily the worst of the five that I had seen at the time but I'm hoping to like it more now that I'm older.
Didn't care for this episode much but I like Masaru's and Agumon's relationship a lot so that's something.
Admittedly, I still can't really think of this season without getting the English theme song stuck in my head.
When you have to face the fight, be strong and give it all your might...
May 23, 2019 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
The animation looks like those lame flash browser games
Nov 25, 2022 1:28 AM

Feb 2020
Once again, I'm re-watching this. Definitely my favorite Digimon season besides Frontier.

I really like the story and characters here. Also, this is one of the very few anime I prefer to watch dubbed, and one big reason is the awesome soundtrack.

So yeah, here we go again.

Very good first episode. I like Masaru and Agumon's relationship.

SerafosApr 15, 9:59 AM
Apr 2, 2023 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
Agumon?
Who are those 2 girls? They look cute.
Satsuma?
Raptor-1?
Yoshino?
Digimon can only be kept under control by Digimon.
Fujieda is cute.
Fujieda is Yoshino.
Damn. Dem guys on the ground.
Agumon is Raptor-1.
A human is with him.
The #1 street fighter in Japan? Daimon Masaru.
Dem punches.
Oh, she is stunned. Mouth wide open. She is cute. I'd love to make her mouth open.

And so begins my final yearly Digimon rewatch that started with Adventure in 2020 (Yes, I skipped 02, fock 02) and I start it on the 17th anniversary of Savers, which I just learned in this episode is Masaru's birthday. Where to begin? The 1st Digimon series since Frontier ended in 2003 and the 1st episode looks like shit. Frontier was the 4th series without break and its 1st episode looked good. The Agnimon shinka scene had sakuga. Just 1 look at this episode and you can see that it doesn't have the same look at Adventure to Frontier because they changed the character designer. Since Digimon had a break, it started up a new production meaning staff changes and changes overall. I admit Yoshino and the 2 DATS girls character designs look cute. I'd smash, but the overall look does not have the Digimon feel that started with Adventure (TV). Next, WTF at the OP and ED. No Kouji Wada and AiM performing the OP and ED, respectively? They broke tradition, but I already explained that as part of the changes. The OP song doens't sound good. The ED song sounds better. Now, regarding the OP visuals... they didn't even try. It looks like shit. This is not a good sign for the rest of the series. Next, the insert song. No Ayumi, Kouji, or Oota (Oota composed the song, but didn't perform it like in Tamers). Who is IKUO? The insert song sounds ok.

Next, they actually gave us older characters. Looking at Masaru, I thought he was 16 at least, but he's 14. Yoshino is cute. Got a nice body. The 2 DATS girls look good as well. Agumon looks bigger than OG Agumon. I guess that's why he can become "Geo". They knew to change Agumon's voice. Funny how Agumon didn't claw the skin right off Masaru's face. At least we got a blood mark.  Next, Masaru is the 1st human to fight a Digimon since Lee in Tamers. Lee literally kicked Hangyomon's ass and smashed its head into a rock. Now, Masaru punches Digimon.

Lastly, the shinka scene not worth talking about. Dat "Agumon shinka!" is weak as fock compared to OG Agumon.

Lastly Lastly, interesting that Toei didn't release a Blu-ray box like they did for Adventure to Frontier. They even missed Savers 15th anniversary in 2021. Clearly, they have no intention of rereleasing this so I'm stuck with the weak audio DVD.
RobApr 2, 2023 6:21 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 23, 2023 1:12 PM
Jul 2017
People were addressing Agumon as "Raptor 1" while Agumon was addressing Marcus as his aniki. It's like he's a yakuza. Aniki is Yakuza for Elder Brother. There are two types of Japanese, Regular Japanese and Yakuza Japanese. And I prefer Yakuza Japanese.
Oct 17, 2023 3:46 AM

Nov 2012
rewatching this years after the fact of initially watching it, I watched this aired on broadcast TV as a rewatch, but that last rewatch was probably over a decade ago now.
was surprised how much I remembered from the first ep
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 7, 1:39 AM
Dec 2023
Quite interesting start and most unique digimon-human relationship start
Apr 14, 2:00 AM
Nov 2020
Excelente primer episodio.
Lo vi en latino a pesar de que sabia que el doblaje era cuestionable. Y a pesar de todo me encanto. Merece ser vista en japones. El mundo que presenta me recuerda mucho al juego Digimon World 3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2013

7 by txqpx »»
Apr 17, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2013

6 by Leongolleyn »»
Apr 3, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2013

6 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2013

7 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 28, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2013

12 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 28, 3:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.