Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2013 3:41 PM
Jun 2011
RPPuzzle said:

Gah maybe I need to get reading the manga right now. Anyone know what chapter the anime leaves off on for the manga?

About chapter 56 is where about they left off. While not exactly at the point where the anime left off. It helps cover some important details that happen during the training camp.

RPPuzzle said:
I didn't read all of this cause it looked to contain more spoilers, but I never thought Shizu was weak. Well not any weaker than I thought all of the people on their team were. I was seriously not impressed by Kuro or Yuu's matches; they were almost helpless babies, so I was thinking jeez do they all got major weaknesses like that?

Actually Kuro was the only one who did poorly in her match against Teru and Toki. While Yuu actually easily beat Izumi both times. And Yuu hasn't got the draw back of not receiving red tiles when she discards one, like Kuro does with her dora

RPPuzzle said:
As for Arata, well she seemed average/nothing special til this episode. Though now that FunaQ's figured her out, I'm worried for how well she'll do.

Don't forget that Arata can change her style and not have to rely on her bowling wait style, but also her using multiple pinzu waits means her style is not restrictive as Kuro's ability, which forces Kuro to have a predictable style.

RPPuzzle said:
I suppose all of that said, Gamer40000's got a point on why they performed so poorly. But I think relying too much on predictable play is too much of a weakness. That's why I think Saki's screwed with her technique seemingly being exclusively rinshan when she's trying to win.

Do you mean my point about Toki targeting Kuro and Achiga then having to play catch up.

RPPuzzle said:
Though Scheh, you say Shizu wasn't intimidated by Saki's presence, but as far as I remember, I think she was along with everyone else

No only Kuro and Harue were the ones to metaphorically completely shit their pants, while Shizu was the one who wasn't affected at all by Saki's presence.

RPPuzzle said:
Also I have a question, even if Achiga can't win against Shiraitodai in the semifinals, if they come in second, they go to the team finals right?

Yes, that's correct, the teams in 1st and 2nd go through to the finals.
Feb 1, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
THIS made my whole day so much better. Saki makes everything so awesome. Why can't I live in the Sakiverse? :(

Feb 1, 2013 5:11 PM

Dec 2008
So gud. Shirouzu was beyond awesome, even though I thought she was a masochist at first. Arata was awesome. FunaQ was awesome. TOKI! :D I'm so happy. But...RYUUKA'S MATCH IS NEXT EPISODE! F*CK YEAAAH! I wonder when 15 will be released :(
Feb 3, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2009
sarroush said:
I wonder when 15 will be released :(

Episode 13 came out around christmas and episode 14 came out January 29th, so episode 15 will probably come out around the end of February
Feb 3, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
Gamer40000 said:

About chapter 56 is where about they left off. While not exactly at the point where the anime left off. It helps cover some important details that happen during the training camp.

Actually Kuro was the only one who did poorly in her match against Teru and Toki. While Yuu actually easily beat Izumi both times. And Yuu hasn't got the draw back of not receiving red tiles when she discards one, like Kuro does with her dora

Don't forget that Arata can change her style and not have to rely on her bowling wait style, but also her using multiple pinzu waits means her style is not restrictive as Kuro's ability, which forces Kuro to have a predictable style.

Do you mean my point about Toki targeting Kuro and Achiga then having to play catch up.

No only Kuro and Harue were the ones to metaphorically completely shit their pants, while Shizu was the one who wasn't affected at all by Saki's presence.

Yes, that's correct, the teams in 1st and 2nd go through to the finals.

Ah ok good so because first and second place go through it doesn't make Achiga-hen entirely pointless :).

Thanks for letting me know where to start. Now just to find the time.

True Yuu did hold her own pretty well, Kuro not so much, but like you mentioned yeah Toki targeting Kuro is probably why she didn't do very well. I dunno that game was weird...I feel like even though Toki could see the future she couldn't do much to stop it? Yeah guess the discard a dora and be unable to get them back can be a really big handicap. Yuu doesn't have a problem like that like you said, so she's able to adapt better.

Right Arata's flexible, but as far as I can tell right now, it's either the pin waits or Harue's style. FunaQ's familiar with both, so I'm thinking things aren't looking good for Arata.

Dah...well guess I saw that scene incorrectly then. So Shizu might be as much of a monster as Saki then since she didn't feel her presence? Then again...Saki felt Koromo's presence, so why wouldn't Shizu register Saki's? On the same note, why didn't Saki sense Shizu's presence? Is it cause Shizu's ability is like DBZ and her power level rises as the situation warrants it? Any other time it's just normal?
Feb 4, 2013 12:22 AM

Dec 2011
MagicFlier said:
sarroush said:
I wonder when 15 will be released :(

Episode 13 came out around christmas and episode 14 came out January 29th, so episode 15 will probably come out around the end of February

It isn't. AT-X has had their entire Feb schedule up for a couple of weeks and it isn't on there. If they're "roughly every 5 weeks" rather than "at the end of every month" it'll be out in the first week of March.

RPPuzzle said:
I feel like even though Toki could see the future she couldn't do much to stop it?

If any course of action leads to failure (which is perfectly possible in mahjong) then just knowing what tiles are where (which is basically what Toki's ability is) doesn't do anything.

RPPuzzle said:
FunaQ's familiar with both, so I'm thinking things aren't looking good for Arata

FunaQ is only relevant if both Senriyama and Achiga reach the finals, which is rather unlikely. Otherwise, it's considerably more likely for FunaQ to share data with Achiga than with Shiraitodai/Shindouji. It's one of the ways that Achiga could, realistically, increase their abilities before the finals.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 4, 2013 2:55 PM
Jun 2011
RPPuzzle said:

Ah ok good so because first and second place go through it doesn't make Achiga-hen entirely pointless :).

Thanks for letting me know where to start. Now just to find the time.

Your welcome

RPPuzzle said:
True Yuu did hold her own pretty well, Kuro not so much, but like you mentioned yeah Toki targeting Kuro is probably why she didn't do very well. I dunno that game was weird...I feel like even though Toki could see the future she couldn't do much to stop it? Yeah guess the discard a dora and be unable to get them back can be a really big handicap. Yuu doesn't have a problem like that like you said, so she's able to adapt better.

Yeah in the quarter finals Toki pretty much made it impossible for Kuro to do tsumo wins.

RPPuzzle said:
Right Arata's flexible, but as far as I can tell right now, it's either the pin waits or Harue's style. FunaQ's familiar with both, so I'm thinking things aren't looking good for Arata.

Well thing is, Hiroko plays by analyzing players abilities/play styles and attacks the weak points, like what she did with Seiko. But Arata's play style is not as easy to read as Seiko's.

RPPuzzle said:

Dah...well guess I saw that scene incorrectly then. So Shizu might be as much of a monster as Saki then since she didn't feel her presence? Then again...Saki felt Koromo's presence, so why wouldn't Shizu register Saki's? On the same note, why didn't Saki sense Shizu's presence? Is it cause Shizu's ability is like DBZ and her power level rises as the situation warrants it? Any other time it's just normal?

Well Shizu still felt Sak'si presences, its just a case of she wasn't affected by it like the others were.

Saki didn't feel Shizu's presences because only monster players give off auras that other players can feel.
Gamer40000Feb 4, 2013 3:36 PM
Feb 8, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2011
The next episode isn't listed in AT-X's March schedule either?

When is it coming then?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 11, 2013 5:42 PM

Oct 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
The next episode isn't listed in AT-X's March schedule either?

When is it coming then?

Really? Don't tell me their waiting till the manga finishes >.<

I can't wait that longgg! D':

Feb 21, 2013 9:14 PM
Jul 2008
If Shizu wants to win Saki, she'll need a big powerup, remember Achiga couldn't win Ryuumonbuchi at their training camp.

Story-wise, yeah Kiyosumi doesn't have to win the team tournament, we just need a showdown between Teru and Saki. Maybe Teru will still win the individuals and Kiyosumi the team, or reverse but I highly doubt Achiga will win the team.

Manga is finishing in next chapter mid March! :O
Feb 21, 2013 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
KJacket said:
If Shizu wants to win Saki, she'll need a big powerup, remember Achiga couldn't win Ryuumonbuchi at their training camp.

Story-wise, yeah Kiyosumi doesn't have to win the team tournament, we just need a showdown between Teru and Saki. Maybe Teru will still win the individuals and Kiyosumi the team, or reverse but I highly doubt Achiga will win the team.

EEEHHH?! No more Saki manga? But but...you could extend like Saki's next year of high school with Nodoka! There is much sadness in thinking there will be no more Saki ;_;. Sob head...some freaking more developments better happen between Nodoka and her before then! (NO SPOILERS THO!)
Feb 22, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2008
RPPuzzle said:
KJacket said:

EEEHHH?! No more Saki manga? But but...you could extend like Saki's next year of high school with Nodoka! There is much sadness in thinking there will be no more Saki ;_;. Sob head...some freaking more developments better happen between Nodoka and her before then! (NO SPOILERS THO!)

Achiga hen manga will be over in march, not the main manga.
Saki still have a few years to go.
Feb 22, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
Scheherazade1007 said:
RPPuzzle said:
KJacket said:

Achiga hen manga will be over in march, not the main manga.
Saki still have a few years to go.

Oh good *breath of relief*. I mean I guess it's gotta end eventually like Yu-Gi-Oh did, but even Yu-Gi-Oh (closest comparison I can think of in popularity and being based around a game) had 343 chapters before it ended. Think Saki's somewhere between 150-200, so yeah.
Feb 22, 2013 7:44 PM

Oct 2012
Any news on when Saki Achiga Special 3 will come out?

Feb 22, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2011
Saki is on 108 chapters at present. And no, no news about the next episode yet.
Feb 25, 2013 7:21 AM

Jul 2008
They're probably trying to keep us entertained with these specials until it's time for the 2nd season of Saki airs. Most likely they don't want another huge gap of animation to happen again like between the 1st series and Side-A had.
Mar 11, 2013 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
foreveroblivion said:
They're probably trying to keep us entertained with these specials until it's time for the 2nd season of Saki airs. Most likely they don't want another huge gap of animation to happen again like between the 1st series and Side-A had.

The air dates of the specials have nothing to do with when the 2st season will air.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 12, 2013 2:31 AM

Dec 2011
AT-X's schedule for April is up...

... and yet again Saki is nowhere to be seen.
Mar 12, 2013 3:39 AM

Jul 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
AT-X's schedule for April is up...

... and yet again Saki is nowhere to be seen.

That's a sad news :(
Mar 12, 2013 6:23 AM

Mar 2010
omg.. I want to watch the next Saki ><' but I'm too impatient..
this sucks -.-'

Saki the best anime I did see in my life for sure!
Mar 12, 2013 8:06 PM

Oct 2012
( ;_; ) WHYYY?! The waiting is going to drive me nuts @_@ And here I though they would air it every month >.> boy was I wrong.

Mar 12, 2013 10:34 PM

Apr 2009
Next ep needs to come out now!!!
Mar 13, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2009
Apparently the manga for Achiga-hen has concluded it's semi-finals now, so it's pretty much ended. The continuation will probably continue while being merged with the original Saki. :D

I'm still waiting patiently for the last 2-3 episodes.
Mar 17, 2013 4:57 PM

Mar 2010
C'mon Saki animation Team! I know you can do it! Your fans are very excited about the next episodes! Do it!!!

This anime is amazing!! Continue doing these series and you will have my eternal gratitude!!! :)

EDIT: I heard somewhere the director from Saki Team suffered an accident, and they would resume the project around April.
mupiMar 19, 2013 10:12 AM
Mar 25, 2013 9:53 AM
Mar 2013
ep 15 will be aired on 2/4
Mar 25, 2013 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
AllForAn said:
ep 15 will be aired on 2/4

May you tell us the source of this information, good sir?
Mar 25, 2013 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Scheherazade1007 said:
May you tell us the source of this information, good sir?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=573627
^Here's the link

Apr 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2011
Dat opening <333

>It's a big one.
Lol.

Nice fatal-four match this episode.
Apr 2, 2013 10:32 PM
Sep 2012
I've always been a fan of Saki, so this made my day. It's good to get to see Toki again after her absence in the last episode, though Toki being a fairy to Ryuuka was a little weird. Even though I have now idea how to play majong or what the moves are, I still enjoy watching the suspense and their powers while they play against each other.
Jul 12, 2013 3:09 PM

Mar 2009
cant get enough of Hajime and Koromo's outfit~ DFC FTW!
Apr 23, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode! That ending was a nice sight!
Aug 14, 2016 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
Chains? Really? Ok. Looks like Toki woke up.
Jul 25, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
Bondage and lewd reactions from afar, I like this type of Mahjong.

Seeing Koromo never fails to make me happy!
Aug 30, 2021 5:08 AM

Feb 2020
Arata was awecome!

All that bondage stuff was pretty unexpected, lol.

And Sera was sexually harassing Ako.

SerafosJan 7, 10:46 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 25, 2013

81 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 9:09 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 3 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 2, 2013

44 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 6:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Dec 24, 2012

76 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 4:24 AM

» If anyone here plays League of Legends...

mupi - Jun 6, 2013

0 by mupi »»
Jun 6, 2013 4:23 PM

» Last Three Episodes?

tplusent - Jul 18, 2012

29 by kuuderes_shadow »»
Dec 31, 2012 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.