Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, just finished the last episode. All I can say is OHMYFREAKINGGODTHATWASTHEMOSTAMAZINGTHINGTHATHASEVEREXISTED. This whole show was just... oh my god. I loved it. It's absurd, dark humor. Papi, Popee, Kedamono, alien guy, and the frog doing crazy stuff every episode. I almost don't want to let it go. I don't think that I'll ever find anything quite like this again.
Nov 7, 2012 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
Yesyesyes! I wish there were more episodes!
Sep 6, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
This series was awesome and I find it really underrated.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 16, 2017 11:29 PM

Jan 2015
This is gonna give me nightmares.
Jan 20, 2018 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
I've been taking my time with this one, loving it heaps though!

I know it will never happen, but I'd love for this show to get a revival.
Mar 2, 2018 7:14 AM

Nov 2016
Guess it was ok for a short,had some interesting episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2019 6:02 PM

Jan 2017
A few inconsistencies in characters' behaviors and reused animations.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Aug 22, 2019 1:41 AM

Oct 2014
Popee the Peformer is one of the most unique anime ever released, and for me, the gold standard for TV anime short series, I'm not joking, I really love this Bonafide Work of Art. If you wanna watch this absolutely insane series (or re-watch it on it's entirety, like I will do), I recommend seeing it using this video below, it has all 39 eps plus the New Years Special, with the best quality possible available yet, without any ads or intros hindering the experience.

or you can go with the playlist with all eps plus extra stuff (like the pilot from 1999, that is not cataloged on this site yet), if wanna go slowly through the series or just to have some first impressions.

PedroFerrazAug 22, 2019 1:45 AM
Oct 14, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2015
I thought these were enjoyable!

The dark strange humor contained in this one was spectacular. All those weird gags, like sucking the scorpion poison from the mouth by Papi to the dog and Popee. I will never forget all those circus gags they did, like the fire ring, fire breather, knife throwing(which was way more darker), limbo, acrobatics, pantomime, mimic and swallowing. Swallowing was really disturbing too, I mean who tries to swallow such a big sword and tries to pull it out with a truck, but still couldn't come out! Gunman was disgusting, that bullet incident was a total turn off, yuck! "Dance" was also disturbingly strange, I mean who sees with a pair of flowers? Papi's debut didn't impress me, but I still liked the bizarreness and twisted humor. In the show Papi was almost like a middleman between the two characters, as the sun for both of them. But that didn't stop Popee from being a ruthless jerk to the dog/wolf. I guess we never got to see the dog's/Wolf's face, even to the end! We almost did until the frog started blabbering that his face was of an animal, well of course we knew he was an animal, nothing new there. Even when he tried to eat it he couldn't let it shut up.

Overall this made me think Japanese are really something else, for making such a randomly strange anime. I liked the true nature that was displayed by this short anime, they certainly broke boundaries and didn't give a shit who says what. They stay true to themselves to the end. The constant throwing of bombs by Popee to the dog, the jingle and the love/hate relationship became a norm for us, and certainly became the charming points of the show. The only problem was the animation CGI, they didn't impress me at some range, but I loved Popee's design and the other characters. I will never forget that Popee jingle. Did he say Crown or clown:-D?

8/10.
lihle808Oct 14, 2019 11:37 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 18, 2020 10:41 PM
Aug 2020
Literally only made this account to rate this amazing masterpiece. The show is unpredictable and hilarious. They HAVE TO reboot this show. Kedamono is absolute baby, Popee is terrifying but cute, and Papi is weird but you could tell he love his son. Despite the animation being weird and the repetitive soundtrack, it's still somehow enjoyable. 10/10 would watch again
Aug 29, 2020 4:16 PM
Oct 2018
I goddam love this series

But, can anyone translate the one line of dialog in the series; In the last episode ("Face"), at about 2:37:20 in the clip in the comment above, the frog see's Kedamono's mask-free face, and starts shouting something that sounds like "Kedamono no kawa" (or similar). Can someone plz translate whatever it that frog says?
Aug 28, 2022 5:32 AM

Dec 2021
This doesn't seem like the kind of show that would be rated higher than a 7 on MAL. Weird.
Apr 1, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 2022
The anime is weird and absurd, but I still love it and it makes me laugh at times :>
Apr 17, 12:19 PM

Dec 2022
Can't share the sentiment there. It dragged on by having about three times the episodes it should've had, and its absurdism became boring very quickly. Could only listen to the same four tracks in every episode, spontaneous acts of exaggerated violence and gross expressions so many times before each subsequent episode eventually ended up being more monotonous than the last.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Popee the Performer Episode 39 Discussion

eski514 - Nov 22, 2020

3 by StainLikesAnime »»
May 19, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Popee the Performer Episode 37 Discussion

eski514 - Nov 22, 2020

1 by StainLikesAnime »»
May 19, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Popee the Performer Episode 36 Discussion

eski514 - Nov 22, 2020

1 by StainLikesAnime »»
May 19, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Popee the Performer Episode 25 Discussion

eski514 - Oct 26, 2020

2 by Flyori »»
May 17, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Popee the Performer Episode 10 Discussion

eski514 - Sep 19, 2020

2 by 7kaneki7 »»
Jul 20, 2023 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.