Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
SkyFade said:

Someone had mentioned Madara only had one actual sharingan, is that making a reference to his fight with his brother?
The one sharingan he has is the one he has in that cave with obito. He gave both his original eyes to nagato while he was just a small boy.

chris-yang said:

and i was just curious, but why didn't Obito just ask Nagato to revive Rin?
i'm pretty sure obito is dead set on this moon eye plan to stop thinking of reviving her right away. Why'd obito spare kakashi's life? Because either way both his friends will be in that world. It doesn't matter who dies and lives. he'll be the king of the world
Oct 17, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
My Godness Tobi is really a Zetsu clone !
Oct 17, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2009
So if this dream world comes true, the Rin who is alive in it is still an illusion right? Or is she somehow resurrected from the dead?
Oct 17, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
Why had Obito never researched the reason of the choice of Kakashi to stab Rin ?

Maybe he used the mizukage or his revenge on Kiri.

uzee said:
Great, but how did he transplant his eyes into Nagato, when he still has them?

In the chapers 602 and 605 Madara has a sharingan which he took on someone else. According to the rules of the Edo Tensei Madara died with two sharingans. So Zetsu took Obito's eye and transplanted on Madara, and after the Madara's death, Zetsu transplanted the both eyes on Obito.
amenboy972Oct 17, 2012 5:53 PM
Oct 17, 2012 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
Obito's is just freaking nuts.
I like Zetsu's story.
Still waiting for Kakashi to tell us his part of the story which Obito obviously didn't even tried to hear before he formulated his psycho plan.
Oct 17, 2012 6:29 PM
Oct 2012
Gedo Mazo is the exoskeleton of the Ten-Tails? I thought the Ten-Tails has only one eye.

And just as I thought, a combination of the soul (Sharingan) and the body (Senju cells) is needed to activate the Rinnegan.
Oct 17, 2012 7:15 PM

Mar 2008
Why didn't Obito just revive Rin? Why did he kill so many for the plan? I think Kishi made it like this:

Obito sacrificed himself for his friends. Tragic, but he was satisfied. Then, he saw his friend kill the girl he loved. This kinda made his sacrifice worthless. So yeah, he could revive Rin but that wouldn't prevent other tragedy from happening.

At the same time, he had Madara preaching about how life is only suffering and that they could make an ideal world for everyone. For a traumatized young boy, that doesn't sound so bad. Hell people IRL have killed for such perfect worlds in which somebody would control society so everybody could be happy. Those are considered necessary sacrifices.

That's how I see it anyway. Naruto is the hero that knows life beats you down from experience, but he believes you can't run away. You have to keep moving forward and even though you'll suffer, you'll be happy. Also, as other have pointed here, the dream world's happiness isn't true. It's more of a prison.
Oct 17, 2012 8:06 PM
Jun 2009
j0x said:
in short Madara is gonna create THE MATRIX

Oh, this killed me. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Oct 17, 2012 8:12 PM

Dec 2007
Kitsu-nee said:
It's realy good flashback...But I still don't like it.
That fact Obito is Tobi- It's realy stupid. ask "Why?" Because attack your family/sensei/innocent people only for some little slut(which might be spy).

But OK Kishi,your manga,your story... -_-

Agree. Obito's reasons are so irrational, I felt like I was reading a shoujo manga. I like my shoujo manga, but I want it separated from my favorite shounen mangas.
Oct 17, 2012 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
Nothing gained from this chapter. I'm just curious how Naruto is going to take down Madara.
Oct 18, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
Found it a little boring but it explained many things.
Oct 18, 2012 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
I hope Naruto can control rinnegan. It would be amazing. With that he would truly become most powerful ninja and that "six paths" title suits him well :D And if he manages to return all of the dead people to life with his massive chakra... Even Itachi to change Sasuke back to a good guy... Well I have a ton of ideas, but who knows what Kishi is thinking about xD
Oct 18, 2012 5:41 AM

Mar 2011
Nice bit of back story. This is setting up for Kakashi to have a nice reveal during the upcoming fight.

Also, was it implying that Naruto and Nagato are related somehow, despite being from different villages!
Oct 18, 2012 6:03 AM

Mar 2011
^Fellow clansmen in general, not direct relatives
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 18, 2012 6:19 AM

Jul 2011
Kakashi will probably tell us if Rin was a spy or not....
Oct 18, 2012 6:42 AM

Oct 2008
PrometheusZero said:
Also, was it implying that Naruto and Nagato are related somehow, despite being from different villages!

Nagato and Naruto are both part of the Uzumaki clan. So yeah, they are related. They being related isn't exactly a big reveal in this chapter. That has been established for a while now. You should Google the Uzumaki clan. They aren't from the same village mainly because Naruto's mom was Konoha's Jinchuurki and because the Uzumaki clan's village was destroyed years ago.
Oct 18, 2012 7:02 AM

Jul 2011
I am sure that when Obito introduced himself to Nagato, and said " I am Uchiha Madara" he hasn't the voice of a teenager.
Oct 18, 2012 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
so this whole moon's eye plan is copying inception where you control your dreams. lmao oh kishi
Oct 18, 2012 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Hah. The story's quite good, although the series is really so long already that it's hard to remember what jutsus have been mentioned and not.
Oct 18, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
sooo, this was good, i liked it alot
Oct 18, 2012 1:47 PM
Mar 2012
Oct 18, 2012 2:23 PM
Nov 2009

I don't even know what to say except that I'll never see Naruto as a ninja series anymore..

Seriously though if you could cast that Genjutsu on yourself, it would be one hell of a drug lol.

So yeah the black Zetsu is apparently Madaras will well alright.

And we get to see how Akatsuki started with Nagato and Obito impersonating Madara.
Oct 18, 2012 3:57 PM

Jan 2012
This chapter was boring, a bit hard to follow, but full of plot I guess.

I wish they'd get back to what Naruto, Kakashi, Guy, and Bee/Sasuke/ Tsunade/ANYONE else is doing. I've lost interest in this moon's eye plan crap that we know won't happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 7:20 PM

May 2010
Shaduge said:

LOl

So when Nagato was Edo-tensei'd, he had Madara eyes still?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 19, 2012 6:11 AM
Mar 2010
great chapter. answers are being revealed.

and the reason why obito changed may be "small" according to us but if u look it from his point of view, rin means the world to him. i would do the same thing if i saw the most important die in front of me. his mind was not stable at that point so yeah.

its like fullmetal alchemist. the ishival war was triggered because a girl was killed and i don't see anyone complaining about it.
Oct 19, 2012 6:21 AM

Sep 2009
I just thought of something. If Kakashi and Obito got the MS about ~17 years ago how come Obito's eyesight has not gone bad yet??? I thought Uchiha's with the MS lose their eyesight over a period of time. Itachi lost his after a few years due to repeated use and Sasuke lost his eyesight even faster since he abused it so much. I am not sure on the exact number of years, but they got it before Naruto was born and since he is 16, I am guessing they have had the MS for at least 17 years. They definitely don't have the EMS. Since Obito has been using his MS abilities for all those years his eyesight should be gone.

Oct 19, 2012 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
xuezhi said:
I just thought of something. If Kakashi and Obito got the MS about ~17 years ago how come Obito's eyesight has not gone bad yet??? I thought Uchiha's with the MS lose their eyesight over a period of time. Itachi lost his after a few years due to repeated use and Sasuke lost his eyesight even faster since he abused it so much. I am not sure on the exact number of years, but they got it before Naruto was born and since he is 16, I am guessing they have had the MS for at least 17 years. They definitely don't have the EMS. Since Obito has been using his MS abilities for all those years his eyesight should be gone.

First of all, I wouldn't put too much effort into thinking about that. I put that on the 'shrugs shelf' along with Sasuke activating his Sharingan when he attacked Itachi during the Uchiha massacre. But as you said, Itachi lost his eyesight through repeated use of the MS. We don't really know if there is a finite amount of time that you have before you will automatically start losing your eyesight from the time you activate the MS. Kakashi had never used the MS until recently. As for Obito....

Don't know why you put that last part in spoiler tags but I will do the same.
n10sityOct 19, 2012 10:59 AM
Oct 20, 2012 4:01 AM

Jul 2011
Confucius said:

My goodness ! Your picture gives me some nostalgia !!!

Confucius said:
So when Nagato was Edo-tensei'd, he had Madara eyes still?

it' s the rule of the Edo Tensei : the dead person awakes in the same state that he/she died.
Oct 20, 2012 4:34 PM

May 2012
This chapter was good but since Obito witnessed everything it makes me wonder why he didn't come to the conclusion that Rin was proabably a spy himself? Even though these flashbacks have been better than most, I hope we can get back to the fight next chapter.
Oct 20, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
gettogaara said:
This chapter was good but since Obito witnessed everything it makes me wonder why he didn't come to the conclusion that Rin was proabably a spy himself?

love is blind, Obito love Rin so he does not care of wether she is a spy or not, and Obito keep repeating it this ninja world is a cruel one to make them all suffer like that so that is what his gonna change
Oct 21, 2012 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
j0x said:
gettogaara said:
This chapter was good but since Obito witnessed everything it makes me wonder why he didn't come to the conclusion that Rin was proabably a spy himself?

love is blind, Obito love Rin so he does not care of wether she is a spy or not, and Obito keep repeating it this ninja world is a cruel one to make them all suffer like that so that is what his gonna change
I think Obito is blind, because Rin wasn't interest with him. I think she was interest with Kakashi.
Oct 21, 2012 11:47 AM

Jul 2007
Its quite hilarous how all of you make fun of the story, but then next chapter, kishi pretty much upstages all your asses. Its already happened so many times in the recent chapters.

I agree that this sort of direction the story is going, creating a dream world like matrix and having obito go against the world just because of some crazy girl, is the sole purpose behind all the major conflicts in the ninja world is pretty crazy. But something tells me, kishi is still not out of surprises.

Oct 22, 2012 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
It's a bit disappointing that Obito is doing all of this just because he wants Rin to be alive again. Although I think it was stupid when I thought he was just doing it just because he was so evil it was almost Shakespearean.
Oct 22, 2012 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
n10sity said:

First of all, I wouldn't put too much effort into thinking about that. I put that on the 'shrugs shelf' along with Sasuke activating his Sharingan when he attacked Itachi during the Uchiha massacre. But as you said, Itachi lost his eyesight through repeated use of the MS. We don't really know if there is a finite amount of time that you have before you will automatically start losing your eyesight from the time you activate the MS. Kakashi had never used the MS until recently. As for Obito....

Don't know why you put that last part in spoiler tags but I will do the same.

That is what I don't get. How does Hashirama have regenerative abilities and other Senju didn't? Anyways, that would explain why Obito's eyesight hasn't degenerated like Itachi's, Sasuke's and Madara's, but doesn't explain Kakashi's. Oh well, I will file this under accept what is going on, don't question it.

I put it in spoilers cause I was speculating an answer and didn't know it was already answered. I don't like spoilers =.=

Oct 22, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 2011
Very informative and brilliant loving it, but it is a signal of the end... Never want Naruto to end :'[
Oct 22, 2012 2:32 PM

Mar 2011
n10sity said:
Hashirama's regenerative abilities would slow down and maybe even prevent the bad effects of using the MS. So you answered your own question. I don't know why that is BS though. The combination of Uchiha cells and Senju cells basically makes you a watered down version of Rikudou Sennin.

Uchiha+Senju=Solution to everything. That's what he meant by BS. As much logic as "regenerative powers" make sense, it is portrayed in a vague manner, yet absolutely powerful. So we are able to use it to explain everythin but at the same time it is a little sickening it IS used for everything. Can't blame him.

Zell182 said:
It's a bit disappointing that Obito is doing all of this just because he wants Rin to be alive again. Although I think it was stupid when I thought he was just doing it just because he was so evil it was almost Shakespearean.

It's not just about love. A lot of people assume that everything's done for Obito's selfish desires, (and that he should just lock himself up in genjutsu or w/e). Obito is not just some damaged child, he has ideals as a villain (similar to those of Death Note's Kira). Unfortunately this flashback failed a little in portraying that and focused more on Obito's own scars(I can't help but think that Kishimoto purposefully limited himself during this flashback). Despite all that, Obito is much more than this flashback, and you should judge him as a character beyond that rather than just a kid in love.
KanicOct 22, 2012 2:37 PM
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 22, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2007
Kanic said:
n10sity said:
Hashirama's regenerative abilities would slow down and maybe even prevent the bad effects of using the MS. So you answered your own question. I don't know why that is BS though. The combination of Uchiha cells and Senju cells basically makes you a watered down version of Rikudou Sennin.

Uchiha+Senju=Solution to everything. That's what he meant by BS. As much logic as "regenerative powers" make sense, it is portrayed in a vague manner, yet absolutely powerful. So we are able to use it to explain everythin but at the same time it is a little sickening it IS used for everything. Can't blame him.

Zell182 said:

It's not just about love. A lot of people assume that everything's done for Obito's selfish desires, (and that he should just lock himself up in genjutsu or w/e). Obito is not just some damaged child, he has ideals as a villain (similar to those of Death Note's Kira). Unfortunately this flashback failed a little in portraying that and focused more on Obito's own scars(I can't help but think that Kishimoto purposefully limited himself during this flashback). Despite all that, Obito is much more than this flashback, and you should judge him as a character beyond that rather than just a kid in love.

Then explain what characterisistics or traits in his character that made you come up to the conclusion that he has ideal's as a villian. Sure he always said that he didn't want his friends to be hurt and that he detested war but that does not catigorize him as a villian at all. In fact he really didn't even make that proclomation untill after rin supposedly died.

I just don't see it, nothing bout that child was villian material. He loved the world he lived in, prio to what happened during the war. He was just like naruto in away accept he didn't have a living beast inside him, but he was always carefree and innocent, learning how to be a shinobi under the tutelage of minata and he loved rin, his life was pretty much heaven, untill that fateful night when his perception of the world changed then.
ArtimesGamerOct 22, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 22, 2012 7:40 PM

Mar 2011
Zell says: "It's a bit disappointing that Obito is doing all this to see Rin alive again"

To which I replied that the Moon eye plan is not just for Rin. Rin was the cause.

The convictions that I was refering to are the ones that he showed as Tobi/Madara after he revealed himself and declared the 4th war, and not as kid-Obito.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 23, 2012 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
obito was brainwashed* by madara.

he is just a poor boy and madara a pure evil :P (and looks like bill kauitz :P)

imo madara said: "youll come back"- because he knew that now* all obito needs to come back to him is just a little push, just a bit of pain.
it could have been anything that would of drove obito crazy after the brainwash:
it was rins death because all this time that he spent underground (inprisoned) rin and kakashi was obitos parole to coming back to his "previous" life.
now naruto will help obito became normal with some epic speach (like he did with nagato and others) ^^
Lemon13Oct 24, 2012 10:57 PM
Oct 23, 2012 7:27 PM

Jul 2007
Agree some what, but ill elaborate a bit ^. I don't want to hear any more crap bout lol obito being a born to be a villain or some crazy shit. This is not bleach and im proud of it. Naruto does things very differently with their characters. Their really is no TRUE villain, even madara has to have some reason why he does what he does, everything has an explanation that further develops the story and changes the ideal's of that character. Its a bit more sophisticated then just an ordinary generic villain just for the sake of being a villain.

Naruto's role is going to conflict with all this and is going to end up being the savior and save this corrupted world and i guarantee it thats going to be part of the resolution to this entire plot. Who is the man behind it all, no one knows yet? What is orichamaru going to do, maybe he might have some furhter plans to take over obito, who knows. Sasuske still has a large role to play as well. He might end up teaming up with naruto. Either way its all going to end up with naruto becoming hokage and saving the world from what ever "evil" intent started this entire conflict. Like the guy above says, obito may of been one of the main antagonist thurought out the entirety of the series, but he is the not the main instigator behind everything. He is just another pour soul amongst so many characters in the narutoverse that has been manipulated and had his ideals and perception of who he is changed by someone.

Never know, he may even turn towards the good side when he finally learns the "truth", their is alot of ways this story can go, its very unpredictable at this point now though. Just have faith in kishi, he's been writing this story for over 10 years, hes got alot of knowledge behind his belt, i don't think anything will turn out with plot holes or a cliche ending. It just does not seem that way to me anyways, seeing all the current events.
ArtimesGamerOct 23, 2012 7:50 PM

Oct 24, 2012 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
@link9us
dont you think that madara is the one that shikaku described? (when he was warning naruto form the one that cannot be changed?)
Feb 6, 2013 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
So that's why when Tobi/Obito fought Konan he said that Nagato's eyes are originally his.
Aug 10, 2018 4:48 AM

Feb 2013
Madara gave Nagato his own eyes.
Apr 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2020
Alright, obito is a fantastic character. He's really one of the best actors to ever exist

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by removed-user »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.