Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2012 4:32 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Should've split the last two chapters into 4.
Oct 11, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my god I've been waiting for this!

-fanboy/girl squeal-

My, my.

The ending feels a bit.. out of place/rushed.

I'm satisfied though.

She now reminds me of Yuno.
NoinochiOct 11, 2012 4:40 PM
Oct 11, 2012 4:38 PM

Nov 2011
Nice i'm glad she didn't died :D
Oct 11, 2012 6:12 PM
Jan 2008
Very satisfied. Some things I wanted to find out was what was under the guys wristband. I know that it's probably just a cut or scar, but still haha. The hobo was just a hobo wasn't too surprising, though I always thought there'd be something more to him since he was creating havoc quite a lot. Kind of surprised the white-haired guy didn't get more to him, but overall great.

Loved the series. The start was rocky with the Slipknot, I almost dropped it, but it picked up very fast and was great! Gonna miss it. Hope they make another manga together. If it gets translated by an official company, I'll definitely buy the volumes.
Oct 11, 2012 7:02 PM
Aug 2012
Im really happy epic series, but it could been extended a bit more! Wanted to see more relationship between main guy and girl but it was awesome good shit

9/10!
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 11, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2008
Was very interesting, but I thought they were going to get sucked back into the game of something. Still, it was a fun ride!
Oct 11, 2012 9:07 PM
Mar 2012
a very fine ending, i was kinda thinking that the author was gonna pull a troll ending out of his ass (probably because of my past experiences of reading a comic book like this, such as doubt) so i was kinda ecstatic that the ending didn't turn out that way...and i should have known that Aiyori was the culprit, i mean i (and perhaps everyone) thought he was the one that had been pulling the strings (given his background), but i passed it off as a cliched notion, that's why i was surprised when he turned out to be one since i never thought the author would pull that blatant yet clever twist (the surprise factor could be attributed to how brilliantly the story distracted our attention from him, thnx to the brilliant exposition and delivery)
Oct 12, 2012 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
Was an okay ending.

Somehow I wanted the killer to be Kukuri for the plot twist but the t'was okay still even if she isn't.
Oct 12, 2012 10:50 AM

Jul 2011
I expected a darker ending, a bit surprising that it was a perfect happy ending.
But the ending happened to fast it felt rushed.

Still a decent manga but a bit disappointed.
Oct 13, 2012 7:55 AM

Jul 2011
terrible rushed ending, this series spiraled down seriously.

4/10
Oct 15, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2010
Lately said:
terrible rushed ending, this series spiraled down seriously.
Oh, come on! Don't make it sound so bad.

Indeed, the pacing in the last 3 chapters was simply terrible, and everything was answered as to hush someone, like a slap in the face, but it wasn't that disappointing. I too admit it was a bit disappointing, but not to your extent. I'm actually glad I was able to read a happy ending of it rather than a horrible one where everyone would've died.

What I feel betrayed of was Momoko's personality. While I'm glad it didn't go all out cliche, where she'd kill Meguru when he'd least expected it (at least that's how I was seeing her) her personality felt rushed and the changes she encountered were a bit abrupt.

Such a nitpicker, ain't I? Over the bad things and last few chapters, this manga gets a 9 from me.
Oct 17, 2012 6:28 PM

Jun 2012
Great series, but I'd really expected more from Aiyori... I mean... Dafuq... He died in a flashback... Seriously... 8/10
Oct 23, 2012 7:36 AM

Feb 2010
The translations seems a bit awkward at times, this manga has so much ramblings to assert it's point. The trashtalk-to-kill method don't flow with me either, what I like in this manga was the anticipation. Author has a knack in pacing the mood/atmosphere as well as drawing deranged character facial feature. It can be a little overbearing at times though.

As for the story, I assumed it would be Kukuri since she was the only 2, besides the MC, who knew about the Utsuromiya's gender issue. Also, kinda disappoint to see Aiyori getting taken out so easily.
Oct 28, 2012 3:31 PM
Jan 2012
I was so dissapointed! It was great beginning, I loved it. And in the end we have what we have( I can't stop to be angry of it(
Nov 9, 2012 10:24 AM

Oct 2012
Was kinda surprised with the happy ending, was expecting something totally different...
But I guess a happy ending to this kind of story is nice once in a while
Apr 2, 2013 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit what a great manga this has been! I was skeptical at first because the setting and plot of the story seemed to dark and depressing (like Mirai Nikki) but it truly does have a happy ending. Not a bad manga at all, although the rapid conclusion isn't what I hoped for, it is still good. 9/10
May 27, 2013 11:26 PM

Aug 2012
since it's a survival-thriller manga, i kinda expected bad ending or open ending maybe.. surprisingly it's not, and though the last chap looked quite rushed, the ending was good. And they live happily ever after, yay

7/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 3, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
That was fucking awesome. The ending was kind of rushed but other than that awesome manga. 9/10
Mar 9, 2015 12:36 AM

Aug 2012
Decent series for a short manga. 9/10
Jun 15, 2015 10:25 PM

Dec 2014
I was expecting Kukuri to be the fifth person dead, no, I guess you could say I wanted her to be.

Overall this was a great read, albeit it would've been better if it was a little longer.
aconiteJun 15, 2015 11:05 PM
Jun 28, 2015 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
waifu and imouto waiting for you? you got lucky dude!
6/10
Jul 17, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2012
zerorequiem_ said:
I was expecting Kukuri to be the fifth person dead, no, I guess you could say I wanted her to be.

Other than that, a good manga but the ending felt so... out of place and rushed, as some of you have been saying.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
May 31, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2010
This manga was quite disappointing. I surely didn't expect much greatness out of it, given that the first chapter was already screaming average but it really wasn't too good.

I always like those death games storylines and the concept of people dying after mental breakdown is really intruding. But those mental breakdowns were really MEH!!!

Fatty dying at the start... well okay, I guess he had bullying trauma.

The model girl dying was done offscreen.

The trap dying was the only mental breakdown that I could somewhat see.

Then, MC vs the other guy had a long calm conversation at the end of which, the other guy suddenly freak out. The same went pretty much for the glasses guy as well.

Next, leaving the poorly made deaths, the fact that MC nearly died and afterwards had a complete character change was quite out of sudden as well.

Other grave mistake is that many characters in the end did not serve much purpose. Like the 'Normal guy' or the old man. The crazy smile dude also absolutely lost his purpose after his first involvement in the story.

Really MEH story.
Jul 28, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
This shit was EPIC!!!! 5/10 for last chapter, but for whole = 8/10... Would like to read spinoff or something very similar...
Mar 4, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2015
The ending was weak. It all ended too lightly, it was confusing and it left things off with loose ends and unanswered questions. 6/10
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 1, 2018 10:13 AM

Oct 2015
That was quite a bad read honestly. I had to skim through the end since I couldn't take it anymore. Will probably leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while 3/10
Dec 25, 2018 7:28 AM

May 2010
The one on one talking got a bit over the top for me, but everything else was perfect!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 27, 2019 9:12 PM

Apr 2016
Man that was just a shit show, it was like someone who got kicked in the head by a horse read kaiji and then tried to rip it off. The intellectual battles weren't there at all because they used a bunch of introductory psychological principles. Stamford experiment? You mean the experiment that was never repeated once or even completed? the experiment that even in that case ended up being a fraud? You built the logical parameters around psychology which isnt a science, instead of logic or mathematics. The whole premise was doomed to fail from the start but the spectacle of how bad it was really was just not predictable. It's clear the author never wanted to explore some of the ideas, like the 6 coming up often or the 7th path idea. When they got the note it was going to be axed they just quickly rushed together a shitty trudging ending that broke several of the rules and the world building from before. Yikes is all i have to say
Nov 22, 2019 12:32 AM
Jan 2014
I lost sleep for binge reading the whole manga. I thought Aiyori could've live than just die in a stare off. Glad that Kukuri did something to end the game. It was pleasant for a somewhat happy end. I hoped we see what Amazono and Shirakogawa behind the scene but I guess that never happening. The only kill that was good was Utsunomiya's. 8/10 want to find something like this but a bit better deaths.
Feb 17, 2022 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
just plain bad tbh it didn't bring anything new to the genre and talking through it didn't even do anything in the end.

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Nov 13, 2022 2:32 AM
Nov 2020
The art is probably the only good thing about this manga. Shallow characters, an interesting theme but the plot just derailed after the first few chapters. 3/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Life is Money Chapter 14 Discussion

Luna - Sep 15, 2012

10 by Koloshow »»
Jul 15, 2019 2:17 AM

Poll: » Life is Money Chapter 9 Discussion

Paiguy - Apr 12, 2012

6 by Koloshow »»
Jul 15, 2019 1:26 AM

Poll: » Life is Money Chapter 6 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jan 13, 2012

5 by Koloshow »»
Jul 15, 2019 12:53 AM

Poll: » Life is Money Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Nov 12, 2011

11 by Koloshow »»
Jul 15, 2019 12:10 AM

Poll: » Life is Money Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 14, 2011

8 by Koloshow »»
Jul 15, 2019 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.