Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I loved this manga! One of the best yuri I have ever read!
Jun 3, 2012 7:30 AM

Sep 2011
This is the second yuri I've ever read and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't stop reading it and I was sad that there wasn't more.
Jun 20, 2012 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
After reading Octave a second time I think it would be so much better if it didn't have as much drama. It seemed like it never ended.
Jun 23, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
I loved this manga also! I do agree it did have a lot of drama but I think it worked. I felt so terrible at certain points and hated a few characters..

I enjoyed that this was not a high school thing. (I like the high school ones also but.. I think Octave goes to show that life outside of school can be very very interesting also.) I was pleased with the ending but wish I could have seen when they actually got home.
Jun 24, 2012 8:26 PM

Sep 2011
slayer0109 said:

I enjoyed that this was not a high school thing. (I like the high school ones also but.. I think Octave goes to show that life outside of school can be very very interesting also.) I was pleased with the ending but wish I could have seen when they actually got home.

I completely agree! I was really hoping that there would be more.
Jul 3, 2012 9:32 PM
Aug 2011
it was pretty good.
Sep 29, 2012 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
It was an alright read. The drama was a little tedious sometimes. I love Setsuko though. I need a Setsuko type in my life right now, please.
Nov 15, 2012 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
not the best manga but it wasnt bad either. setsuko was great and i dont know why but i liked shiori too. yukino is without a doubt the character i hate the most and i dont get the hate for the concert guy, it was yukino's fault after all :P
Feb 9, 2013 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
Kirky said:
It was an alright read. The drama was a little tedious sometimes. I love Setsuko though. I need a Setsuko type in my life right now, please.

i would agree with the setsuko thing. i've read in some commentaries how they hated setsuko when she already started being too "dramatic" but i cant think anything else but that it's a proof of how she was changed by loving Miya-chan so much and i still think she's really cool despite everything she's gone through. very mature in their relationship most of the time (with a twist of some childishness thats very lovable).

i'd totally kiss and date someone with any resemblance to her.
Feb 22, 2013 8:11 PM

Aug 2007
I was really afraid to read the last two chapters, I thought it was going to have a bad ending but I'm glad how things worked out.

I do empathise with Yukino's character, she has made some pretty bad choices and lacked confidence but now she's realised her flaws and is going to take a chance - sometimes you have to do just that to achieve things.

I like that they are going back to Yukino's home town to explain their relationship.

Now I absolute love Setsuko, I kept wishing she was my girlfriend. I like the different sides of her that were revealed as the manga went by.

This is the best Yuri manga I've read, I don't care forthe overly cutesy type. This felt real and life goes on for them, it ended perfectly. *added to favourites*
Feb 22, 2013 10:53 PM

Dec 2008
Laena said:

Now I absolute love Setsuko, I kept wishing she was my girlfriend. I like the different sides of her that were revealed as the manga went by.

This is the best Yuri manga I've read, I don't care forthe overly cutesy type. This felt real and life goes on for them, it ended perfectly. *added to favourites*

Agreed. On that and everything else. I wish the author wrote more revolving around these two :( I miss Setsuko <3

Every now and again I can't help but reread a few chapters. It's sinfully good no matter how (imo) annoying Yukino can get.
Mar 30, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Well that was mundane. Didn't feel like much was actually resolved.
Jul 13, 2013 5:52 AM
Jul 2013
I fell completely in love with Setsuko <3 <3 IMO she was the best character in the whole manga. Yukino was kind of annoying for most of the time, but there were some few times that I kind of related to her. I definitely hated Shiori- sometimes she seemed to be playing with Yukino, or something like that.
I enjoyed reading this manga :) Though it would've been a much better manga if there weren't so much 'Yukino-drama' in it.
Oct 27, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
This was a great little heart warming story that made me worry from time to time.
Mar 18, 2015 11:58 PM

Sep 2014
liked the manga overall, but it was not THAT good. main cause is Yukino, honestly, bad main character is bad
6/10
Apr 7, 2015 3:45 AM

Jan 2015
I really love this manga. Proof that I read it in two days haha
I really loved Setsuko's character, but I think Yukino was pretty lame. She was whining non-stop and when she "finally" accepted reality and realized what she did wrong, I still felt like nothing changed in her at all.
I also disliked how Yukino always needed someone to encourage her, to "force" her to change or do something good on her own. While Setsuko was always independent, knew what she was doing, yet she still had a very caring personality. And she rarely ever needed someone's help.
I also feel like this whole Sakai dude thing should have been resolved. So, now Setsuko works with a guy who banged her girlfriend and she doesn't even know? It just feels so bad. I also wished Yukino and Miya reconciled, like, talking about their past, how Yukino was jelly of Miya and how they both always depended on each other. Yet all I got was the two talking about Yukino's love life. And the two (Setsuko and Yukino) never visited Mari :D
I was also disappointed in that lesbo model-singer-something who had a thing for Yukino. I thought it would have been nice if the two became good friends and give tips to each other and stuff. And in the end this girl turned out to be an envious b*tch.
Anyways, it was a very nice manga, but I wish more things should have been resolved.
Apr 12, 2015 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
W...wait. THAT WAS THE ENDING?!?
Apr 26, 2015 10:21 PM

Sep 2014
Great manga. I loved how mature and serious the overall tone was. I didn't like Yuniko, though. Setsuko deserves someone much better.
Jun 27, 2015 11:38 PM

Apr 2014
Overall this was a pretty cute read.
Yukino is confusing in terms of character growth but i feel like she'll get there eventually. Setsuko is great ugh loved her. Wish that they didn't drop all of the other side characters because her idol friend was pretty interesting and i wish they delved into the brothers character a little bit more but
Quick, enjoyable, a little overdramatic (and lot os face palming at Yukino's decisions) but really a solid piece.

Dec 12, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
Not going to lie, I feared the ending and the possibility of yukino ending up with someone else. mainly because of a commenter who said yukino should have dated mari

Like others said, the drama felt like they would never stop coming at times, but in a way I think this is true to real life. Especially if someone was in yukino's shoes.

I wish we could have seen more of the other side characters by the end as well. Like Yukino's reaction to Mika singing the song Setsuko wrote.
Feb 19, 2016 10:23 PM

Jun 2011
The ending bumps my score up to an 8.

My thought:
What this ending makes me feel is that, there may be lots of problems that will come their way, but Yukino is finally willing to take the first step forward. It's not necessarily the 'right' choice, but from now on, one day, she will be able to look back and laugh, and think, 'ah, I've had a good life'.

This ending is not the end point of their relationship, unlike most manga's ending like to insinuate, this entire 36 chapters were just a part of their journey, and for sure, there is certainly more to come.

Though, I still have to say, I don't really like Yukino, but I am at least happy for her.

This series at the beginning could have been a 9 or 10 I feel, the potential was there.
After the cheating chapter, I just feel so disgusted, the series fell off my ranking.
It was an ups and downs experience after that. It is a series I probably will never read again, but certainly unique for what it was, in a sense.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 9, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2013
this was really nice to read for the most part, it was definitely not a perfect manga but i liked it for what it was and was surprised that things were so resolved/ happy at the end. the drama got really repetitive mostly because of yukino's character flaws but i like where they left off with her and setsuko.
Oct 8, 2016 9:50 PM

May 2013
Yukino is horrible and encourages me not to be like her on my bad moments.
Oct 24, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2014
overall, decent manga. probably some of the better yuri manga out there, much more realistic.

however, my biggest issue is that it's very incomplete, to me at least. there was a few things that could have been resolved, so now its feels kind of anti-climatic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
I've re-read this manga... and now I'm kinda bothered about Yukino's friends relationship. I mean, so they'll never get in contact with each other again?

Ah... this things left unanswered or "feel free to think about it" do not please me =(
Feb 23, 2017 2:37 PM
Feb 2017
Beautiful. I loved it, personally.

I think the story was very realistic and not overbearing.

Would recommend to anyone.
May 14, 2017 3:21 PM
May 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
The ending bumps my score up to an 8.

My thought:
What this ending makes me feel is that, there may be lots of problems that will come their way, but Yukino is finally willing to take the first step forward. It's not necessarily the 'right' choice, but from now on, one day, she will be able to look back and laugh, and think, 'ah, I've had a good life'.

This ending is not the end point of their relationship, unlike most manga's ending like to insinuate, this entire 36 chapters were just a part of their journey, and for sure, there is certainly more to come.

Though, I still have to say, I don't really like Yukino, but I am at least happy for her.

This series at the beginning could have been a 9 or 10 I feel, the potential was there.
After the cheating chapter, I just feel so disgusted, the series fell off my ranking.
It was an ups and downs experience after that. It is a series I probably will never read again, but certainly unique for what it was, in a sense.

I totally agree with you. The ending felt quite anticlimactic to me and rather..well..not so much as an ending, more like "and then..." .. to be honest I wasn't sure that was the actual ending... had to do thorough web research to be sure it ended at Chapter 36 ^_^'

Also Yukino, well... I'm not so sure about character growth with her.. she seemed to do a lot of the same: realise her issues and fucking it up in the same way but consciously this time around. Overall I liked the manga, was really turned off by the cheating bits and the drama felt really intense and heavy, but I still enjoyed it all to some degree... specially because it wasn't the usual school girl drama thing... but a rather more serious take on relationships and sexuality.
Jan 9, 2018 8:12 AM

Jun 2013
Yukino gets bitch-slapped is still the best part of the manga. God this girl Yukino... Setsuko just had to knock some sense into her skull.
May 27, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2017
It was my first yuri manga and it was a good read. I still don't like miya. Setsuko is best, miya doesn't deserve her.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

May 21, 2022 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
it was a decent yuri but i have to say i was unsatisfied with the ending as i felt it could have used at least a few more chapters

i wanted to see them tell her mom and to see her reaction to it i wanted to see more of what their future would have been like

in the end just felt it left us hanging wanting to know will they be happy ect

cause honestly the end felt like they finally reach the point where they finally changed not to mention it also felt like they lost pretty much everyone else that was part of their lives

idk it just felt like it wasnt complete at all felt like it was suppose to continue a bit more but just ended

but it is what it is nonetheless it was a pretty interesting yuri series but is one id not like to read again tbh

btw Yukino had to have been the most annoying mc in a yuri i have ever seen so far like it was not till the end that she even felt even a little bit likable but yeah all i had left to say about this series
DazeFireMay 21, 2022 12:18 PM
"one step at a time"
Jan 10, 2023 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
I agree that the ending felt too abrupt there were some things left hanging that should have been resolved.  Was still a good read though not a great one.  Yuki was a character hard to support, seemed to be good at destroying relationships with others given her hesitancy to be honest with herself and Setsuko.  Given the path this took I was worried at something coming along to break them up at the last moment but glad that didn't happen.  Can settle on high 7 for score.
Aug 6, 2023 11:45 PM
Jun 2022
Although its ending is a little bit vague, I still enjoy the characters and the vibe of this manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Octave Chapter 4 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Sep 13, 2010

1 by saengdao »»
Jan 19, 2020 9:31 PM

Poll: » Octave Chapter 3 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Sep 6, 2010

1 by saengdao »»
Jan 19, 2020 9:24 PM

Poll: » Octave Chapter 2 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Aug 15, 2010

4 by saengdao »»
Jan 19, 2020 9:14 PM

Poll: » Octave Chapter 1 Discussion

SachikoChinensis - Nov 2, 2008

8 by saengdao »»
Jan 19, 2020 8:36 PM

Poll: » Octave Chapter 22 Discussion

ckam - Apr 16, 2010

6 by thevagus »»
May 27, 2019 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.