Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 31, 2019 4:12 PM
May 2019
Maybe the injury needed him 2 years to fully heal? But seriously tho the ending could have been better if he went pro
Jun 25, 2019 11:47 PM
Jun 2019
I'm just sad he didn't end up going pro, and I also wanted to actually see him and Mai together in the last chapter, but it was an amazing serious!
Dec 2, 2019 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
Holyland is basically Legend of the Galactic Heroes with martial arts, but entirely different characterization for the main characters. Took 10 months for me to finish this.
Feb 5, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Early_ said:
It's way better than I expected, and let's be honest
is the best girl here.
Just finished this series which is/was my first manga and it´s nice to see people still talking about it.
Mar 31, 2020 1:16 AM
Apr 2017
I just finished him and I am disappointed that yuu couldn't go on to to bigger and better things like all the guys wanted him and Izawa to do.
They brought it up several times near the end that everyone wanted yuu to move away from street fighting because it could end his life, Mai was so against it, everyone all the friendly thugs and all his close friends wanted the greatness of Yuu kamishiro to reach a bigger audience and for him to to make it on the big stage and prosper with big bro izawa.
May 11, 2020 5:14 PM
Oct 2018
The ending broke me in a "so happy I'm crying" kind of way.
May 19, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2016
not a fan of this ending - just felt off. and the stabbing in 181 was too out of nowhere.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
May 31, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I think Yuu became a "Ghost" I'm not sure if I'm right, but look at his color at the end
Dec 4, 2020 3:20 AM

Jul 2019
Damn. Atleast we know past chapter was kinda troll. XD

This is type of story which I think can resonate with lots of people.
There's always room for improvement. Don't give up.
May 15, 2021 1:33 PM

Oct 2007
For a coming of age story the ending is lackluster in my point of view. Maybe Im wrong, but not being shown what kind of progress the MC had in these 3 years is a copout. He can be a social care worker on the streets and I would be totally fine with that. But we get that ominous ending where we are not even sure, if he is alive (he sure seems alive, but all the side characters give misleading comments). This ist just very frustrating.

My perfect ending: Yuu becomes a pro Kick-Boxer or MMA fighter, Masakii becomes a pro Boxer (makes just more sense, he never used kicks in his fights, what the hell author).
Jun 30, 2021 11:57 PM

May 2020
I love that last panel. Yuu finally finds his Holyland and he's prepared to stay there.

Overall, a pretty great manga. It's not perfect but what it does right overwhelms its downsides.
Jul 6, 2021 2:42 PM
May 2020
the upmost respect for the fluidity of this manga concerning the cast and the author. wow just wow
Jul 10, 2021 3:01 AM
Jul 2021
this manga became my bible on improving my techniques, it is so mind blowing on how much the author has researched on what really "works" and brutal street fighting techniques which i am very thankful for (such as izana's arm grab man that was pretty awesome on how it actually makes sense) i didn't really mind on how the author ended with Yuu just being a wanderer but for me it is open for interpretation. I am confident that Yuu will go pro, just not yet.
Jul 14, 2021 7:58 PM
Aug 2020
Beautiful, one of my all time favourite.
Aug 10, 2021 2:11 AM
Sep 2009
Really good manga.
Was unexpected that it was this good.
It's not complicated but very realistic.
Also Yuu may have decided to stay around town in his spare time to keep an eye out but do his day job and then go to gym and train to become a pro fighter later.
I think the fact he got stabbed isn't to imply he can be dead. But it is supposed to show that there are lots of desperate people that needs help. Yes the stabbing was a bit random but author may just be trying to make a point.
Anyhow, since the Manga is called Holyland, Yuu decided to hang around it. He still have his friends and he is keeping his promise of protecting Mai. By not being in the limelight anymore and dissappearing from the streets, he is keeping safe like Mai would want him too.
It's a good ending and his future is bright an Masaki have taken a lead by turning pro.
Nov 16, 2021 8:47 PM

Mar 2020
i had a memory and lost it
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 25, 2022 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
greyfox said:
He is definitely alive, you guys all missed it, chapter 182, page 14 in the 2nd box you see him walking to his girlfriend across the street from the boy he rescues.
Oh you're right I didn't realize it when I first read it. This defo somewhat confirms that Yuu isn't some ghost and was alive. My head canon is that he let the thug hunter character die and never cleared up the case of whether he died or not. And that's how the legend of who the thug hunter was started.

Mar 12, 2022 3:33 PM
Apr 2020
amazing story mwah
May 10, 2022 10:51 AM
Jul 2019
Turbo autistic dogshit manga

Jun 4, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
Now I get what people mean when they say that this getting slept on is a crime. The development and characters is just on another level man, and the fights for as brutal as they are were consistently so thrilling and had a weird artistic touch to them. Easily one of my new favorites.

But yeah, the stabbing in the last chapter was still kinda random lol.
Jul 5, 2022 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
Stellar manga and absolutly stellar character development wit Yuu.the first half was better but there were some really great moments later in too. Only big thing i dont like was Shougo being so standoffish was dragged on so long it kind of made him fall flat a bit for me.

Also he obviously wasnt dead.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 11, 2022 2:44 AM
Jan 2017
My only disappointment on this manga is:

- Not enough wrestling on both Yuu and Izawa's parts, especially Yuu. Also, I expected Yuu and Midorikawa to start play fighting, like, wrestling for fun, with Tsuchiya as something like a referee.
    - The exact fate of Yoshi is unknown. Yoshi wasn't exactly there during the Two Years Ago chapters, neither was Tsuchiya, which could have been interesting on their parts, and it doesn't even matter if Tsuchiya didn't appear since he is already an interesting (and amazing) character. Yoshi to Izawa would have been like how Yagi was to Yuu, except Yagi is a much bigger scumbag.
    - The same can be said for Tetsu, it would have been a little bit interesting to know why he did what he did.
    - Where Muay Thai? ...okay, Muay Thai can basically be represented by Kickboxing, but still... And while we're at it: Where BJJ? Seriously, the Author could have brought up a Japanese catch wrestler who fought the Gracie family. We could even had Aikijutsu.
    - I forgot, but did Ryuu die? By Midorikawa's hand? If yes, then Midorikawa is the only character in this manga who explicitly killed somebody, while even Izawa and King weren't shown to have done it. But to my disappointment, characters like Ryuu died, but not Yagi. If no, however, at least Ryuu would probably learn his lesson off-screen, the hardest possible way.

Other than that, this manga is a pure masterpiece.
IAmOdieAug 11, 2022 2:52 AM
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!
Aug 20, 2022 3:09 PM

Aug 2022
Its fucking criminal how underrated this manga is. Mori-san is one of the best mangakas in the game right now.

For the right type of person, Holyland is literally a life changing manga
Sep 11, 2022 9:48 PM

Mar 2020
I say this with the least cliché but, that was the best ending for this great Manga. The message conveyed by this Manga is so true: anyone can change and come out from darkness to enlightenment.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Sep 24, 2022 6:00 AM
Nov 2019
So good! I loved it till the very end!
Nov 25, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 24, 2023 2:22 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Ahhhh the ending, glad he's still alive, I couldn't have handled a bittersweet ending. I was expecting Yuu to turn pro together with Izawa, but apparently Yuu has realised that the place he belongs are the streets and he will always be the Thug Hunter.
Jun 8, 2023 2:48 PM
Aug 2016
Awesome ending! It seems Yuu has taken Izawa's place to mentor the troubled souls on street just like he was mentored by Izawa. Izawa has moved on to pro kickboxing and is in the limelight, while Yuu stays on the streets protecting his holyland. 

5/5 chapter
9.9/10 manga overall. A bit rushed ending, but nothing too bad imo. 
Aug 3, 2023 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu definitely isnt dead, he has stitch marks, if he was dead he would have either a scar or nothing at all, but definitely not stitch marks.

The manga was great imo, i didnt care much for the author comments and i think there were way more explanations on the techniques than the manga needed, but its one of the best delinquent mangas i've read so far, not better than crows tho 🤣
Dec 7, 2023 2:33 PM

Feb 2021
Wow. I'm gonna say this is a great manga. Definitely one of my favourites, this is one of the few manga that got me reading 20-30 even 40 chapters a day. Only manga like Berserk and Vagabond every got me reading like this, it pretty much shows how invested I was in the manga. I do think that there were flaws though: Yuu's falling out with Midorikawa felt tooo long and kind've ruined the emotion I felt when I saw them back too together. The ending was a bit lackluster according to me, I personally didn't like how the boy stabbed Yuu, I mean Yuu literally saved the guy, what a fucking piece of shit, I guess some people do deserve to get bullied after all.

But all in all, this was a great manga, the message of finding your holyland, somewhere where you can be yourself and find your path is a really good and uplifting message. Seeing Yuu's transformation and growth throughout the series was really amazing. Now he's definitelyone of my favourte characters. He demonstrates the themes of the story so well and really shows anyone can come out of the darkness and find the light. This deserves a good 9/10.
Dec 22, 2023 10:53 AM
Sep 2022
Was just done with it. I love it so much! I had hope Yuu would move on from the streets and let the younger generation continue guide others but he might yet be graduated from the streets like how others.
Feb 20, 7:15 PM

Jul 2020
There's definitely some issues in the way this ending was executed, but conceptually I think I can see what the author was going for here, and I kind of love it. Of course, I agree with the majority here that Yuu almost certainly is alive. I can't see any reason why he would be literally killed off at this point.

But I do think the ambiguousness serves a purpose here. First, it's possibly meant to symbolize Yuu "dying" to the streets. He's no longer part of that world, so it's as if he's died in that sense. I don't want to put too much confidence in that theory though, it might be a bit of a stretch. More importantly though, I think the title of the chapter (Legend) is the key to understanding what the goal here was. The thing about legendary figures is that there's always an element of mystery to them. What happens to the vigilante in the shadows after he graduates from the streets? That's the thing; it's clearly presented to us that no one knows. So I would conclude that the ending is vague by design in order to hit that point home. He's become a legend, even to the reader. Maybe even this conclusion is a bit farfetched, but at the same time, the author has addressed the readers very often throughout the series, so it wouldn't be something unimaginable for him to do.

Like I said before though, I think the execution of this finale left a bit to be desired. It's not a perfect ending unfortunately, but I'm still really glad I read this.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does it get any better after volume 6?

BipulGamer07 - Sep 3

5 by canadasnow »»
Sep 8, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 51 Discussion

zq - Aug 2, 2009

7 by Waddledont »»
Aug 25, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 89 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jul 5, 2021

2 by Llyodx »»
Jul 10, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 150 Discussion

Ishmael - Dec 26, 2011

10 by KingSlowDown »»
Jun 24, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 70 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jul 5, 2021

2 by KingSlowDown »»
Jun 22, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.