Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the insei arc :) God, it really sucks though ... I want Hikaru to stay in the club and beat Kaiou so much T_T Rules are such horrible things sometimes T_T Yuki don't be mad at Hikaru D:
Woot! Kaga appears next episode! I really love that guy for some reason XD Even though his hair is a really weird colour ... same with Yuki too actually ... lol XD
EvianBubbleApr 1, 2012 7:06 PM
Apr 29, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
Damn, between his friends and Akira.. tough choice. Whichever he chooses, I will be hoping for the best for him and everyone else!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 8, 2014 3:55 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that's some unexpected development but quite nice one! Let's see what's next!
May 8, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
oh i completely forgot about that rule. i wonder why that rule exists, i understand if pros aren't allowed but insei should be fine...right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 6:05 AM

Feb 2013
If he wants to catch up to Akira he will have to quit the club but that will only happen if he passes the test.
Nov 22, 2019 4:24 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, nice episode, Hikaru finally stepping up to participate in the pro examination to chase after Akira.

Wonder if he'll let Sai play or not.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
hikaru really only running toward akira alone, he haven't give a lot of though about insei status.
i actually like the insei arc, only because it's building up the big arcs after that.
Jun 1, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2021
This choice is very cruel. Maybe they were wrong, and Hikaru will be able to participate in the tournament? Besides, Toya was an insei and took part in the tournament!
I wonder what Hikaru will choose...
Aug 7, 2021 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
Hikaru doesn't realize how hard it's to become pro, Go is gonna take many things away from his youth.
Aug 10, 2021 10:53 AM
Jan 2015
Wait, Akira was also an Insenki when he played in tournament, so it's not against rules.
Nov 29, 2021 4:30 PM

Dec 2007
Euonymus said:
This choice is very cruel. Maybe they were wrong, and Hikaru will be able to participate in the tournament? Besides, Toya was an insei and took part in the tournament!
I wonder what Hikaru will choose...
IsekaiNekko said:
Wait, Akira was also an Insenki when he played in tournament, so it's not against rules.
no he didn't, except that he delayed the whole pro part to after "chasing sai" part, he didn't even had to become insei, he was strong enough.
weiss said:
Hikaru doesn't realize how hard it's to become pro, Go is gonna take many things away from his youth.
it took enough of his youth already lol
basically it's happening in every growing-up sport like anime, watch major, bakuman (which is by the same artist of hikaru no go), hajime no ippo, and more.
Sep 17, 2023 11:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode!
Insei, a big step with with benefits and problems!!! kekeke
Sep 17, 2023 11:51 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to weiss
yeah, he is decided to arrive to Hikaru!!
Hard way!
kekeke
Apr 4, 6:03 AM

Nov 2019
What an amazing episode, loving this series and I have no favourites this might change that wow.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 20, 2009

13 by Heather_Janser »»
May 23, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 60 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Jun 18, 2007

33 by NatsukiCookies »»
May 10, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 22 Discussion

EvianBubble - Apr 1, 2012

7 by Animeinsight101 »»
Apr 4, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 17 Discussion

EvianBubble - Apr 1, 2012

8 by Animeinsight101 »»
Apr 4, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 75 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 21, 2009

54 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jan 23, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.