Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome line from the preview: "The absolute despair crisis awaits Hiromi, her soul moves like a boat"

Anyways, the tornado serve is as ridiculous as anything I've seen in Prince of Tennis, totally not expecting that, but it was marvelous.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 1, 2012 12:51 PM

Aug 2007
Seabury said:
Anyways, the tornado serve is as ridiculous as anything I've seen in Prince of Tennis, totally not expecting that, but it was marvelous.

It's a given that there were going to be some shounen elements, but it's not done obnoxiously; since Hiromi still isn't anywhere near a pro and just magically flawlessly wins. Unlike other series.

Anyone notice how that one girl who did the Tornado move looked like a taller Hiromi with freckles? Found that rather amusing.

Mar 1, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2010
It seems like a lot of the shows I've seen from this time period don't bother trying to sell themselves as believable, I wonder if they didn't have the phenomenon of older people watching shojo/shonen adaptations back then?
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 20, 2016 11:01 PM

May 2016
A real shame that doubles never truly took off as a sport.

That open guard double KO looked amazing. Ridiculous, but amazing. I'd watch an Oka vs Ryuuzaki boxing match - it would fit within the theme of Hiromi going through ridiculous suffering for no reason whatsoever.
Lease_of_LifeDec 20, 2016 11:14 PM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Jun 5, 2017 6:59 AM
Aug 2014
You knew they were going to finish the fight with a cross counter.

Can't believe Oka did not suspect that Toudou and Ozaki were reminiscing for her benefit.
Aug 21, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2015
The guys story took quite a portion of the episode.

3/5

Seabury said:
I wonder if they didn't have the phenomenon of older people watching shojo/shonen adaptations back then?

Until the 80s, TV animation was envisioned as "those TV manga for kids" (in Japan). And even then, it took a while to change it.
Also, this series here adapted a very popular shôjo title but its 1st broadcast was poorly received (reducing it to half of its projected size).
Feb 22, 2021 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
Hiromi is still struggling with doubles, and Toudou knew this, so he and Ozaki followed her. They then openly discussed their own doubles problems, and how they learned to work with each other, which will now hopefully help Hiromi.

Nov 23, 2021 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
At least Oka got some nice exposition for Toudou, that always helps her self confidence since most of the girls are still talking down to her even though she is constantly improving. on the positive Otowa has been getting better and helping, so they can be swayed eventually.

Apr 10, 2022 6:44 PM

Dec 2021
Well this is officially the oldest anime I've ever seen to reference Ashita no Joe. I wonder if that was in the manga as well, or if it's because one of the many shared staff from the two series decided it'd be a funny thing to put in.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 10 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 21, 2013

8 by RSGX »»
Aug 12, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 14 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Nov 1, 2013

9 by shikoiru »»
Jun 16, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 13 Discussion

CuriousThing - Oct 6, 2012

11 by shikoiru »»
Jun 16, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 4 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

10 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

11 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.