Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2011 1:14 AM

Apr 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY the ending came. Happy and sad that it's over.

i was personally holding my breathe for the last chapters when it was building up to the results of Yuca, Rain and Machika being consumed by the angel only to be a little disappointed. I felt that the ending was rushed.

Though the ending was satifying and i'm glad Yuca had a peacful death (even though his death was over so fast: he woke up, went to sleep, then he died)

Still, this is one epic manga and i think now i will start reading it all over again XD

What did everyone else think?
pennyiscuteNov 26, 2011 6:56 PM
Nov 26, 2011 5:12 AM

May 2011
My reaction was like "that's it?" Oh well.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 9, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2009
I didnt get how wast it the Yuca lost all of his memories >_> Why did he exactly was able to leave "that place"? I didnt even got why he was immortal from the beggining (idk what the whole "i dipped a cup of water in that sea" thing meant)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Mar 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Feb 2011
this was indeed a great manga!

But one thing I didn't like about the ending was the fact that Ayla andEury got together. I never care much for him and Ayla should have got with a better guy.

I also caught myself wanting Freya to somehow come back to life (tho I knew she wouldn't).
Jul 18, 2013 1:15 AM

Feb 2008
I kept thinking I was reading Trigun throughout most of the series.

I liked it overall, but I never really felt like Yuca's issues were properly resolved or Ayla's.

Also, it'd be nice to find out that that CEO had something worse happen to him than simply having to flee with a slightly smaller, yet still unimaginably huge fortune.

And I would have appreciated it if Sharem's epic death hadn't been ruined by Folk resurrecting yet again. There was no need for him to survive freeing the angel eater.
Jan 3, 2014 4:41 AM
Feb 2012
I really liked the manga, but i guess the last chapter was kinda rushed. And i also didn't really get why Yuca was saved :O And why the hell did he die!! I really liked him, he could've at least lived on even if his memories were erased...
And i also didn't get that last line 'happy birthday', why did he say that??
Jan 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
Really liked this manga! Really surprised I never stumbled on it on my own. I really liked the characters, the plot was pretty unique after the first third of the series and was done pretty well (the last bit was a bit rushed and there were a few kind of awkwardly paced moments but overall loved it), and loved the romance >.<. Overall this series was really enjoyable, I would give it a 7/10.
Apr 5, 2015 8:41 PM

Nov 2011
Good series overall although I felt a bit bad for Yuca at the end for giving up his memories. And also, it looks like Rain became a human (meaning he could die because he is a mortal now?)

I really wish Yuca made another appearance in the final moments though. Glad to see a happy ending. 7/10. Sharem's legacy shall live in the children's hearts forever <3
Feb 6, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2011
I really liked the ideas this manga presented, especially the main premise of Rain vs Yuca, a guy who can't die vs a guy who will be reincarnated over and over again keeping his memories with him. However, I felt that the presentation was kinda weak. Conflicts were never really resolved through any means but showing some affections, which is not only cliche but unbelievable, mainly because it doesn't take long before they fell for the "love" talk.

Speaking of love, the romance in this series is just.. not that good. I never really felt any "love" between the characters, whenever they confess that they love the others. It really did feel like they are just saying it. The romance between Rain and Machika was developed pretty poorly, especially on Rain's part, where it came from nowhere. The romantic development between Eury and Ayla was even worse, it's pretty much the cliche "I hate you at first, but then.." Eury had more chemistry with Sharem.

Onto Sharem, she definitely played a part in making me interested in the future story, mainly for how crazy she became after the loss of her child. I really liked her, and she went out with a bang. But, Jileena, one of her 'children', was really annoying throughout the story. She seems to be there just to put the blame on someone else. Never liked her, never will. Sharem's other children never got to really played any huge role in the story, nor helped the theme/morale of the story. Sharem's husband was just, pathetic. We didn't even get to know his ending, that's how bad he is.

There were parts I did enjoyed too, but this series imo has tons of unused/misused potential. The ending wasn't even made clear. With how easy the conflict about immortality was resolved, it felt like the entire drama was really cheap. I don't understand how Yuca got to live a normal life now, though to be honest, I don't really care.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 1, 2016 3:24 AM
Sep 2016
We have to consider a lot of things in the ending. First of all. Asians, well most asians that is, believe in a past life. Which we see in Yuca. Secondly, it was said over and over to have been a dream by Yuca. It could all just be a dream, like Yuca was in coma and he could have imagined all those or he tapped into the collective unconscious realm and he saw different memories not able to tell which one was his ahahahahaha those crazy speculation theories. O, well. Not only that but in Mangas the overlapping time travel/alternate universe was ever present. So maybe, the ending was all happy. Yuca no longer remembers his past lives. He might be living in another world or time since the time and technology of the story are questionable at the setting of Rain and Michika's time differing greatly with the setting at the ending that looked like normal time Japan with Yuca in it and he is living a normal life, Michika and Rain are happily together, everybody had a happy ending. The end
Sep 4, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
I liked most of it... but still trying to get my head around the ending of this. I think there's some kind of message here with whatever let Yuca lose his memories, but I'm not quite sure what it is when I'm not sure how Yuca lost those memories in the first place... Why did Machika have the ability to pull him to his senses when Rain couldn't? o: Did Yuca lose his memories because he finally realized he had been too afraid or too selfish to let them go? And saving Machika let him have some kind of feeling of selflessness so he can let go and thus move on to the next life without remembering anything? xD

Though I don't know what the metaphor about the water is supposed to mean o.O

I'll have to let this one sit on my mind a bit before I score it, I think. I did enjoy a lot of the quirky moments and there were a lot of really well done action sequences with likeable characters, but a few plot points kinda baffle me so going to think it over a little more.
May 3, 2018 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
Overall a great manga, I enjoyed it a lot. The only negative thing I can say about it is that some parts felt rushed or/and unexplained.

I think the mix of drama, comedy and action was well paced and balanced, and I highly enjoyed the art and characters.

And yes, I love the fact that Ayla and Eury became a thing, their encounters was a nice element in the story. The battles between Machika and Yuca vs. Folk, and Folk vs. Sharem were epic. Well drawn and with just the right amount of emotional build up.

Its gonna get hard to find something smiliar and equally good.
Jan 31, 2022 11:31 PM

May 2020
This manga has a really interesting story but it's rushed to hell. Sometimes it felt like I missed a few volumes in between.

I liked the characters but I wish they were better developed. I would've been a fan of the Machika x Rain, if
a) She wasn't 15
b) If they actually developed the romance. I mean she went from "I'm going to cut your head off" to "I love you" after like one train + prison blimp ride.

Overall, decent but squandered a lot of potential.

More topics from this board

» Any plans for an anime?

Seyfert - Mar 22, 2016

4 by Fang_Tooth »»
Apr 22, 2022 11:52 PM

Poll: » Immortal Rain Chapter 52 Discussion

Decadent - Jun 1, 2011

2 by BlackRicePoutine »»
Nov 22, 2018 1:26 PM

» Where to buy volumes 9-11

MomoMalady - Jul 7, 2017

2 by Orulyon »»
Jan 20, 2018 4:18 PM

Poll: » Immortal Rain Chapter 1 Discussion

Cho_Desu - Aug 7, 2010

5 by CrossfitJesus »»
Sep 27, 2015 8:29 AM

Poll: » Meteor Methuselah Chapter 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Apr 5, 2015 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.