Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2008 11:28 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*___* awesome!! THIS IS Lina's Drag Slave!! and with the Demon's Blood Talismans too!!!
this was really different from the manga, i wanted to see the Amelia and Zel's plan to capture Pocota ...and the Drag Slave battle ..but the fight with Pocota was really wonderful ..oh and the zip? just for the fake Sword of Light?

final note ... LoL at Lina trying to cast the Drag Slave in front of Wiser >___<

Jul 9, 2008 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
Lina's attempt to cast Dragon Slave right into face of "John" was awesome. After all those years she didn't became even a bit less aggressive and violent (maybe even more I think) and I certainly love that.

I like how in the new series a big variety of spells is being used in battles. Before that in most cases Lina was using Flare Arrow/Fireball/Dill Brand/Mega Brand/Dragon Slave and seeing something else from her was pretty rare but in the first two episodes we already have seen quite a lot of various spells and we still even haven't seen Zelgadis and (almost) Amelia in action.

Overall this episode seemed a bit less action packed and with more talking than the first one. Can't wait to see it with subs.
Jul 9, 2008 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
This is getting better! Lina using wind, fire and dragon slave powered up by (yes, we all know about Xellos giving this to Lina in season 2 right?) her power up artifact. Pocotta is cool! I wonder how do these mage guys replicate the light sword??? Is the secret out of how to make them?? I heard from a friend that there are only 2 real ones left and one of them is said to have been the most powerful one of the original four. Anyone know? Also the scene with Lina pulling Pocotta's face was way too hilarious. Good thing this getting better and better. Next is..... a woman with a toutou dog with some magic sand????? You guys saw that in the preview of 3...right???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 10, 2008 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
I'm definitely loving it so far. I got some pretty good laughs while watching this, plus the fights are awesome XD
Like Aesir said, a bigger variety of spells have been used in battles this season, which is great because flare arrows and freeze arrows seem so basic and are used almost every fight in the past series.
Hopefully it doesn't down hill and gets better, then it'll definitely make it to my top five list^^
Jul 10, 2008 11:23 AM

May 2007
after watching the subs i've just noticed the first eyecatch's music from Slayers Next >____<
mhmm interesting

oh by the way ..that dog in the preview..i think i've saw him somewhere ...mhmm ah yes Mahoujin Guru Guru!! ..is the exact copy
Jul 10, 2008 11:29 AM

Mar 2008
Subs are out!

The episode was once again awesome, i loved all the new spells. And seeing that Viser is still alive.
And seeing the amplified Dragon Slave was awesome! Feel pretty bad for xellos that he had to give them away.
Nonetheless, awesome episode, can't wait for the next one with poodles and shit...

P.S. Is Pokota some sort of a pokemon?
Jul 10, 2008 12:18 PM

Dec 2007
That green pokemon thingy surely knows how to ask for troubles.
Bad choice of words
After being lucky to survive Lina's wrath, if he is smart enough, he should be more careful about how he addresses to her next time. The only person capable of making fun of Lina's breast size for continuous period of time and survive that was Naga and I doubt that Pokota is ready to endure as much damage as Naga can since he seems pretty much sane character. Not sure if I like him, he is acting too bratty for my taste, but it will be interesting to learn who he really are and what is his goal.

Overall it was another wonderful episode of real Slayers goodness and I'm very looking forward for the next one.
Jul 10, 2008 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
I lol'd.

Never mess with flat chested girls.
Jul 10, 2008 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
Enjoyed this episode a lot more than the last. The last episode had me wondering if it was going to be another disappointment season but I'm feeling a little more relieved right now with exception to my agreement with the following quote;

Aesir- said:
Not sure if I like him, he is acting too bratty for my taste, but it will be interesting to learn who he really are and what is his goal.

I couldn't agree more with this. Bratty characters get on my nerves immensely.
Jul 10, 2008 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
I think this episode was better than the first one.I really enjoyed the fight between Lina and Pocotta.In the moment Pocotta is my favourite character of Slayers Revolution =P
Jul 11, 2008 1:48 AM

Jun 2006
Whoa it's different from the manga, but this is awesome X3

I love the Pokata vs Lina showdown! IT WAS JUST TOO AWESOME. xD And and..lol @ "John" being crispy and almost killed by the Dragon Slave.

WHEEEE! I also thought this was better than the first one. :3
Jul 11, 2008 2:54 AM

Jun 2008
wasnt as good as the opener, but still really good XD
Jul 11, 2008 6:11 AM

Jun 2007
pretty good, lots of magic spells trown around, and I still love seeing Gourry fight with a normal (broken) sword xD
It is different from the manga. I think it'll just losely follow that story.
Jul 11, 2008 11:49 PM

Oct 2007
This was a great episode and felt even more like the old Slayers than the first episode did. I'm still not over the fact that I am watching a new Slayers series, and it has certainly not disappointed at all.
Jul 14, 2008 6:48 PM

May 2008
Waiting for Xellos in Slayer Revolution :).

(Maybe many slayer fan in here, I'm slayer fan too ^^.)
"My memory will be part of the sky"

Jul 15, 2008 10:37 PM

Jul 2008
DigimonTamer said:
This was a great episode and felt even more like the old Slayers than the first episode did. I'm still not over the fact that I am watching a new Slayers series, and it has certainly not disappointed at all.

Couldn't agree more. This episode was by and far a more true to the Slayers formula. At least by comparison to the last episode that is.
Jul 16, 2008 9:10 PM
May 2008
do not like the green animal >_<
Jul 17, 2008 7:03 AM
Aug 2007
Better get used to it. Its more than probability that it will be in every episode...
Jul 19, 2008 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
Paladyn_Rage said:
Better get used to it. Its more than probability that it will be in every episode...

You talking about Pokota or that idiot Wiser? Either way, not looking forward to seeing more of these characters.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 23, 2008 7:53 AM

Aug 2007
Oh dear.. fortunatelly i didn't watch Lost Universe series.. phew.

Loved this episode.
Aug 20, 2011 7:36 PM

Dec 2009
Good episode, I love the funny parts in Slayers
Jul 30, 2012 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
Another good episode. Hopefully this will keep up.
Nov 11, 2012 5:57 PM
Nov 2011
Someone called that thing a pokemon... but for a moment I thought it was a Terriermon rip off (From Digimon Season 3) LOL
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 14, 2013 11:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stake not bad, I see Lina is rewriting, funny story and the fight between good and Lina's character Pokota. Designs that retain the charm years later, very bright colors.
Dec 4, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, I really loved this episode. It had everything a Slayers episode should have. Huge explosions, funny talkbacks and interesting plot.. and "flattie Queen" xD. Well it was Flat Kindgdom but whatevs. Great job Slayers.
5/5.
Jul 13, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
I LOL'd when Lina blushed after Gourry touched her hands :D

That Dragonslave took me by surprise. At first I was thinking that Lina was going to cast Ragnablade.

mozgowJul 14, 2015 11:25 AM
Jul 8, 2016 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
I like how they used the eyecatches for humorous images, one of the things I loved about the Slayers series.
May 20, 2020 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. The humor is actually better than some of the stuff in the originals, which I was not expecting at all.

That’s all I need to be sold on this sequel. It looks like we’ll be in for a good ride.
Feb 9, 2021 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Art looks a bit whacky at times, animation is not bad though. And the humor from the old shows is still the same, a good new season.
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM
Mar 2018
Dunno, but something feels a bit off. This season clearly lost it's 90s charme and quality. The artstyle looks cheaper, even for the time it was released and the colours are sometimes off too. The character models are sometimes quite skinnier than back in the 90s. The pacing in the episodes is also awful at times and the plot feels dumbed down. Everything is just quickshot slaptstick and way too cartoony. Dunno what to make of this season. Maybe it gets a little tamer in the following episodes...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 10, 2008

18 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.