Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2011 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After all Digimon I have been watching this is one of my favorite after Digimon Tamers.
We all hear this is the best season and that’s true.
Ages doesn’t matter, that’s how much you like watching anime.
You can be 20/30/40/50 and so on.
I am 20 years old.

Becuase Taiki went back to Digital World and Shoutmon did super digivolve to OmegaShoutmon, Kiriha realize there is hope so his pride came back and that’s make his Digimon Greymoon super digivolve to Omega Greymon.

The previews looks promise.

So what are your guys think on this sesaon?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 4, 2011 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
What i think about this season ?
Firstly, i was not so much in love with it ...
Hey, when you saw Shoutmon and his friends, you can understand me.
But now ... Taiki is one of the best heroes of Digimon or the best i know ...
And now, we have Minervamon in the opening ? HEY GUYS !
I want to do a french fanfiction Pokemon & Digimon. *__*
Apr 5, 2011 12:29 AM
May 2010
Well, this definitely ain't Tamers, and it isn't even Adventure. All the homages and the rather contrived storyline (go to Digital World, fight some bad guys, save the day) are kinda annoying, but then again, so is any shounen storyline. It's fun, I'll give it that, as with Savers, where I rank this season alongside with.

I don't really have major irritations about this season unless I want to go all 'anime critic' on this, since it's fairly enjoyable in the end anyway. Not much thought is required to be input to join Taiki and his carefree adventures, and the season did have its high points (love the Lucemon arc), and its low points aren't really that bad, either - just simple and uninspired, that's all.
Apr 5, 2011 3:16 AM

Sep 2007
The only "complaint" i can have is about the "no-level" in this season.
No Mega, no Ultimate ...
Juste Digimon who fight Digimon ...
Apr 5, 2011 10:33 PM
May 2010
ShiroiRyu said:
The only "complaint" i can have is about the "no-level" in this season.
No Mega, no Ultimate ...
Juste Digimon who fight Digimon ...

I actually quite enjoyed that. Makes things more realistic, rather than having 'levels' define the strength of a Digimon. I always felt that each Digimon should have its own unique level of strength, as with any living creature. That's kinda the problem with Pokemon, which defined strength level with 'levels' and 'types' or whatever nonsense.
Apr 5, 2011 11:56 PM

Sep 2007
It's why i said "complaint" and not complaint.
Because it's what others said ... For my side, its not a problem. ^^
Apr 6, 2011 8:50 PM
Mar 2008
Anyone gonna sub this?
Apr 7, 2011 12:30 AM

Sep 2007
I think Ryuu Rogue will do that but ... we have to wait. :(
Apr 10, 2011 11:00 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, so Uiharu is actually a Digimon called Flowerpowermon.
I would like to see a real one pop up though, just for laughs.

I thought the episode was a good start, typical Digimon stuff, but next episode looks awesome. I still miss Digivolving though....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2011 11:48 PM

Sep 2007
Finally the subbed version ...
And YEY for Flowerpowermon !\o/
And thanks for Ryuu-Rogue.
Apr 10, 2011 11:56 PM

May 2007
I wasn't expecting a separate entry for this "season". It's still Digimon Xros Wars and they could do away with continuing as episode 31 since this has been continuous, but I guess it counts as a sequel.

Really interesting episode. Seems the digital world is now Bagra's turf and the enemies are stronger than ever. They can now DigiXros and the Death General can control terrain in their own kingdom in favor to them. Not a lot of options even for the prideful Kiriha who's been fighting Bagra Army... until Taiki returns from who knows how long. He brought with him a lingering hope, the chou-shinka which may be the key to fight Bagra Army this time around. I guess there's a reason the name Kudou Taiki being legendary in the Digital World.

I admit I wasn't ready for all these changes, but I'm expecting a great show nonetheless. Xros Wars was absolutely awesome and I hope it continues being so. What I'm eager to see is Nene's return. Seems we get to see her back in next ep. :D

HawthorneKitty said:
Oh, so Uiharu is actually a Digimon called Flowerpowermon.
lol
Apr 11, 2011 1:24 PM
Nov 2009
My biggest problem has been the cast of characters. Taiki has no character flaw to him. Character development doesn't exist to him, something that most Digimon series have had a wealth of. He basically is Jesus in the show.

They also screwed over the side characters over and over again. Akira and Zenjirou were annoying. Nene gets screwed over again and again. Right from the opening theme I was disappointed. Shoutmon gets an evolved form. Greymon gets an evolved form. But not Sparrowmon? What the hell is this?

I know they always give the two rivals the final forms, but they at least give everyone else a form to evolve to. Imagine Digimon adventure where no one else evolved to champion, except Tai and Matt, that's what is happening. I at least want Nene to hold her own in a fight and not have to rely on Taiki to do anything. The writers don't seem to feel the same way. I am unsure why Nene even needs a digivice, for all the good it does her.

but ok, the episode wasn't that bad. It was unoriginal and certainly wasn't the great opening to a new series it should have been, but it wasn't bad.
Apr 11, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
Hum ... I'm not sure ... But when i saw the preview, look like Dracomon will follow them ...
And if Dracomon will go with Nene and her super digivolution will be Minervamon ?
Apr 11, 2011 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
weeee love this season :D taiki is awesomeee and lol kiriha being all weak was kinda funny as a tsundere anyways lol looking forward to what happens next (wonder if theres some sort of omegamon type dude combining shoutmon and greymon or something -i hope sparrowmon is also in it but meh-) i agree that nene isnt getting much love though
Apr 12, 2011 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
i guess i read, that [OD] drop this digimon series

but ryro still working on it but it delays

its ok delay than no release
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
Apr 13, 2011 11:06 AM

Oct 2008

I wonder if they (^^) will turn out to be Nene's missing brother. Seems Kiriha has had a slight change of heart while Taiki has been away.
Apr 15, 2011 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
While the series does a lot of things right (like making fights about strategy instead of level), there are a few breaks in the rules that are just infuriating.

That mount the dragon lord was riding? It's a freakin' Sovereign! And it's getting treated like some next Ultimate or something.

And don't get me started on Arkadimon (Mega) being taken down like a monster of the week way back.

Basically, I feel that certain Digimon should be exempt from the no-level rule, or at least portrayed as their actual level. Otherwise, it really ruins their reputation. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if OmegaShoutmon one-shotted ZeedMilleniumon at this point.

Jun 19, 2011 10:20 AM

Jun 2011
Well theres just one thing that really saddens me about the first episode of this new season.

THE NEW OPENING ISNT DONE BY WADA KOUJI!!!
Sure i know he does the OST BUT its just isnt the same after like 4 season where he sung the opening of adventure-frontier and even though savers first opening wasnt sung by him, he still did the 2nd opening.
Seriously if they had Wada Kouji did the opening it would be alot more epic, its not that i hate the new opening in fact i like it alot but it just isnt the same T_T
Sep 12, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, I like this new OP song MUCH better than the first season's.

Nice to see a lot of Dragon type digimon I guess. That new little critter for some reason gets on my nerves a bit..
At least the kid (Dragomon I think is its name) is brave. Not bad so far. I kinda like this season with this first episode.

Heavy Metal Vulcan was kinda sick.
Feb 16, 2016 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
This was awesome!

I love seeing Mikey and Nene and Christopher again!

So many evil dragons!

This is the first season I've watched properly of Digimon and I love it! It's so great <3

The dub still has the same theme song at the start but I quite like it.
stephtastropheFeb 16, 2016 5:37 AM
Jul 18, 2016 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
So this is what DarkKnightmon was working for, the Bagra army can digi cross too, that's great!
Feb 6, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2008
FlowerPowermon, LOL.

OmegaShoutmon didn't last long, unsurprisingly. Looks like they kept the unnatural tension; all an excuse for Kiriha to do get Chou Shinka.

And honestly? The human interactions with each other is such garbage unlike the digimon. I feel like Xros Wars should have no humans if all they are are tools for evolution/fusion.
Jun 17, 2023 11:51 PM
Jan 2023
I good beginning into the second season of Xros Wars. I have high expectations, and I hope it can be better than the first season.
Aug 30, 2023 4:18 AM

Nov 2012
I read somewhere that the third/last season wasn't dubbed, so guess this is the last outing for me in Digimon Fusion. Even if I end up watching subbed one day, it won't be for a long time, as if I was to watch subbed digimon I'd be started back at 01, and have to get through all the others before finally getting to Xros Wars. Shame the dub wasn't finished and it was so poorly received. it seems okay and like a fun ride despite it's flaws. Seems like there's always cases like this with kids anime getting western dubs, reminds me of Yugioh GX & 5Ds. I always tend to attribute it to branding/marketing mismanagement as I fully believe all of these could succeed handled properly.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku Episode 24 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 25, 2011

20 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku Episode 18 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 13, 2011

11 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:21 AM

Poll: » Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku Episode 15 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 28, 2011

7 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 30, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku Episode 9 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 3, 2011

8 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 30, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku Episode 16 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 5, 2011

8 by ETHEREALEVIL »»
Sep 16, 2021 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.