Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2010 8:46 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This sucks, I did like Levian I wish it was Reka who bite it. Anyway the emotions at the end were quite moving but still they are a lot of questions left answered like why they were two Great Protectors instead of one? I enjoyed it.
Dec 11, 2010 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
Conclusion ridiculous.

I should have guessed when Yuko began to speak, "how do you spell 'deception' in English?"
The final was an abortion. Ended without the two take sides, without learning anything, and without showing what happened to everyone else.
Knead and play in the trash.
Aug 14, 2011 3:51 AM

Apr 2009
The ending looked as if they suddenly had to abort a planned 26-episode series. Or as if they done a poor job adapting an (inexistent) long-running mango or novel. Either way, it didn't make any sense and turned what started as a promising story into "what the hell did I just watch?"
May 16, 2014 12:19 PM
Jan 2014
No conclusion,really.
The show needed more episodes...
And it was very good,up to the very end.
"Mathematicians should not work a lot,they should think a lot."-Ph.D. Arif Zolic

Yes,I'm proud to be a mathematician! :D
Jul 19, 2019 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
So after a series of very poor decisions a lot of little people died for absolutely no reason. This had an opportunity to do something unique but it bogged itself down in dumb shoujo drama with the little guys and inane politics that went nowhere. I don't know what the moral of the story was supposed to be...perhaps that your supposed saviors will forsake you for acting like a bunch of idiots? That war is meaningless? Whatever it was, the girls leave after accomplishing shit. I'm not sure why, but it's kind of funny in an oddly depressing way.

Yuko and Eri are interesting characters to say the least. Their wishy-washy, hands-off approach is almost callous, despite some sympathy here and there. I imagine that's supposed to be emblematic of their roles as political pawns? Typical teenagers? Out-of-this-world beings that can only observe? This series is not complicated at all, but I get the feeling that something about this odd story completely went over my head.

I only watched this to see (comparatively) giant school girls, so I guess I can't complain too much. The visuals weren't bad either.
syncrogazerJul 19, 2019 8:55 PM
Jul 24, 2019 12:58 PM
May 2017
The meaning of the series is think about yourself not about what other people expect for you, also don't lie to yourself too because it makes the things worse. Everyone where waiting someone to save them but the savior's were just two normal girls trapped in a world where they didn't wanted to be. That's something that resolve the end, where the protagonist think for herself instead of being a "hero" to make the world worst than it was. I liked it even when the final was too premature.
May 22, 2021 5:42 AM

Aug 2017
That was a strange ending. First of all, I didn't expect Levian to die and that sudden crush of Shura on her wasn't the best way to finish her character lol. For a second, I thought Yuko and Eri were going to kill everyone there but they just wanted to return to home after the dwarves decided to continue fighting between themselves. I must admit the ending is rushed and we didn't see both Emperors or they never explained what exactly happened to the Princess except in the last episode. The worldbuilding is fine but we never see more than two villages in the entire anime. At the end, they were just two normal girls trapped in a world where they didn't wanted to be. Finally, despite this anime looks so cute and fluffy, it actually has a pretty serious tone. For an isekai, Strange Dawn also addresses other aspects of this trope that are usually overlooked. 6/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMay 22, 2021 5:47 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2022 2:22 AM

Jul 2016
it was way too rushed... this should have been a full 26 episode series, i'm sure it would have been much more amazing if it had time to flesh out the story. but since it ended like this, i realistically can only give it a 8. so much potential. yuko and eri ended up solving basically nothing throughout their whole time there. i wanted them to at attack at some point, but all they did was yell and run around lol. i guess they're just normal high schoolers after all.
Dec 6, 2022 11:46 AM

Aug 2018
After episode 7 I just skipped to the final because it was obvious the story was going nowhere and I just got tired of looking at those creepy little people and hearing them babble nonsense. Terrible show. 3/10
Sep 26, 2023 10:43 PM

Dec 2022
Bizarre final episode, yet still incredibly enjoyable and fitting for this series. Everything from the Beljidan soldiers' outlandish expressions to both Yuko and Eri throwing a tantrum about how much they loathe their situation (much to the horror of the chibi people) was hilarious. More so, it showed they never strayed from their original goal of returning to their own world — which they impressively manage to achieve through sheer persistence — even when they cared at least enough for the village people to defuse their predicament. From start to finish neither of the girls were interested in the territorial conflict of the chibi people; they were just two fairly normal schoolgirls who got transported to an alien landscape devoid of modern amenities, only to be thrust into battles and disputes because of a title the chibi people imposed on them. Yuko and Eri went along with it and entertained their plight for a while, but didn't waste the opportunity they had to return to their own world when it finally appeared either. In a way, this anime illuminates the viewer on the realisation that you can't truly be indebted to someone by circumstances outside of your control.

This anime was a phenomenal surprise. I didn't expect it to play off this concept so intelligently, let alone for it not to fall into any of the typical narrative slogs that it very well could've for this theme. Yuko and Eri made for an immersive and unpredictable pair of main characters, whose relationship could never be taken for granted or consolidated within the confines of a single isolated scene. The chibi people were okay characters too, and had enough quirks and developments in their own subplots to be worth keeping your attention on. Even the plot goes off the beaten track, generating more conflicts as it progresses instead of solving them, accurately conveying how two teenage girls who are ostensibly unenthusiastic about the "saviour" titles they were given aren't going to be putting an end to a long history of resentment between opposing kingdoms.

Furthermore, an adventurous and excellent soundtrack backing up stunning vistas the world of the chibi people harboured kept the anime from ever feeling dull to watch. There was always something to watch or listen to.

I'm not sure if the PG rating for Strange Dawn is accurate. With the on-screen deaths, blood, rape attempts, socks being used as an analogue for removing panties and so forth, you'd think it would have a higher rating. Then again, I don't think PG ratings need to exist to begin with.

Edit: At the time I originally made this post, the anime page rating was "PG - Children", but it seems like it has since been changed to "PG-13 - Teens 13 or older", which is definitely a more applicable rating.
Archean-ReturnJul 18, 3:07 AM

Shaded Horizon

Sep 28, 2023 7:32 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
What the ? Just ended like that ? 13 whole episode wasted like that
Feb 27, 12:59 PM

Aug 2017
Unique to say the least. While some people may say it's a rather anticlimactic ending, I liked it and the whole mood of the show (their voices too). The animation on Eri and Yuko's outburst was awesome too, also just look at that fish lens lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 12 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 21, 2010

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:24 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 11 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 21, 2010

3 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 10 Discussion

Nurguburu - May 22, 2021

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 9 Discussion

Nurguburu - May 22, 2021

1 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 8 Discussion

Nurguburu - May 21, 2021

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.