Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2010 5:01 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Good one shot.

Oct 22, 2010 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
BakaKawaii said:
I was listening to onyanko club during as well, a rather catchy song.

It's now some hours after I read it, but I'm still listening to it XD

saladesu said:
I like it too, despite never having read Gintama. Guess I'm in the minority *shrugs*

*Joins minority* :3

All in all, an interesting and very shonen-like one shot. I would love seeing it getting serialised.
I haven't read Gintama but watched some episodes of the anime and I still like it. If Bankara has the same structure as Gintama, what's wrong with that while people like it...? ô.o
The amount of words didn't bother me at all, the whole awesomeness distracted me, I guess XD
Bench was good as well (while I neither read Naruto nor am I interested in sports manga), but this piece combined so many things that I like it better XD I liked the idea with the quotes a lot, too!
Oct 24, 2010 8:59 PM

Mar 2009
It was funny and yet meaningful simultaneously. Good stuff.
Nov 12, 2010 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
I liked this oneshot, and yes it is because I am a gintama fan, but i liked that structure. As expected from Mr. Sorachi ^^
Nov 16, 2010 9:56 PM

Sep 2009
Didn't like this at all.
Bored me, and the art was...eh.

I don't think I would enjoy Gintama either.
Nov 23, 2010 1:43 PM

Dec 2008
Knave said:
Nayrael said:
Of course some individuals are going to like it, but the majority of people that do are fans of Gintama. Stop being so straightforward, and learn to think.

Maybe you should learn to think? Fandom just ensures that they will check a certain work because it is of an author who's former work they liked. Hell, I have seen more fans being more critical because they are fans then less critical.

People like something you don't. Live with it.

Yeah, and you would be surprised how many people will say they liked their work, even if they didn't, only because they read the authors previous work and they liked it. Also noone here bashed on it, so the rest of your comment is just based on past experiences of different work, which in this case doesn't mean jack shit. Once again, learn to think.

Also, ReaperEXE, your post made absolutely no sense so i can't reply to it.

Don't like it? fine, we heard it, the question is why you're still around trolling. If people liked it, you're not going to convince anybody that it was bad and that they didn't enjoy it, just go read/watch something else.

Thanks for the Dragon Quest thingy clearup, that's what I came here for =P
Nov 24, 2010 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
I've only like, 60 episodes into Gintama, but so far, I like this one shot better. Gintama's so massive that it tends to spiral out all over the place with tons of random characters popping in and then back out (which is true for all long series, this is not meant as a complaint about Gintama) A one shot has more focus and having a confined setting of just the school definitely helped too.

Plus, it's more serious. Like most of this manga would make a really interesting moral debate, but then there are all these hilarious one liners thrown in. (Yes, there were running gags too, but I didn't like them quite as much.) Great mixture of everything.
Nov 24, 2010 3:35 PM

Dec 2008
I hated this. It started off decently interesting and I liked the idea of cyberization but there was wayyyyyy too much dialogue, walls of text in every page, which quickly lost my interest and I just skimmed through the end. The plot's a mess and the storytelling was bland, it was just bancho this and that. And wtf, what's wrong with this school? There's these dangerous cyber gangs running around everywhere with machine body parts that could kill people? Also, I could not care about the characters at all, they were all so uninteresting. The little violence shown in this one shot was lackluster and ultimately senseless and stupid. Oh yeah, and once again, THE WALLS OF TEXT. That's the biggest thing that killed it for me. Gintama beats this down the water. 1/10
Nov 29, 2010 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
Started out great then got boring for me afterward.

The Cybernization things was kinda cool but modifying my whole body would just feel weird.
Mar 26, 2011 4:21 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty wordy... but hey I liked it nonetheless.
Apr 20, 2011 5:25 PM

Dec 2010
That was AWESOME! I want it to be serialized, because the plot was great and also the characters!
Nov 7, 2012 12:12 AM

Oct 2012
I sure love to see it serialized..

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Jun 4, 2013 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
when gintama finally ends i wouldnt mind seeing him make this a series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2015 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
I guess that was okay, especially since I did not have any expectations coming into this one-shot.

The story was rather dismal in my opinion with the setting feeling very uninspired.

Since people are comparing the style of humour to "Gintama", which I have yet to read or watch, I don't suppose I will be a huge fan of that.

The whole Captain Marvel / Shazam power-up reference was neat.
Dec 29, 2015 4:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was great! I wouldn't mind if this was a series though. I did like 13 more than this.

5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.