Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Basilisk
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2010 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That would be so extremely creepy to see something like that on a board. O__O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 13, 2011 3:19 AM

Mar 2009
That was an awesome fight.
Mar 28, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2011
shitsnacks. they ALMOST made me shed a tear for Gyoubu of all people. and that little kid reminded me of a little Gohan which made it all the sadder. they managed to stretch out this fight for an entire episode with lots of flashbacks that ended up actually having a purpose in the end.

so far the only complaint I have with this show is the unnecessary power duplication.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Feb 6, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome fight without a doubt. So sad about Gyoubu, he was one of my favorites.

Aug 2, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2010
Blah, Gyobu.. He was one of the best characters around, and his technique was one of the most useful as well.. I guess that even amongst the ninjas,there are some that keep their humanity to the very end.
Oct 6, 2013 6:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tenzen is one nasty/creepy customer. Perfect for the role of assassasin, but not really someone you want to be acquainted with. I wonder what the morale will be within the Iga camp after what happened.

Gyoby was one of the few inhuman looking characters that was well fleshed out and felt as more than a body to be killed. The way his body on the plank of wood was exhibited was creepy and you really felt for the Hyouga when they saw their comrade being exhibited like that.

Lastly, Akenigu emerging out of the water with her splendid chest out on the open for everyone should have distracted the fighters more.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 1, 2014 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
ownosourus said:
Awesome fight without a doubt. So sad about Gyoubu, he was one of my favorites.

Yeah same for me n my fiance he was one of our favorites but other then that it was a good episode
May 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
When Gyoubu looked upon the young child and realized he'd just done to the child what the Iga did to him... I just about lost it there. That was so terribly depressing.

fantastic episode

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 27, 2015 8:19 AM

Oct 2014
Zadion said:
When Gyoubu looked upon the young child and realized he'd just done to the child what the Iga did to him... I just about lost it there. That was so terribly depressing.

fantastic episode

Agreed, his look of horror solidified that scene as a great one. Poor kid :/

Great fight scene though.

Gyoubu was a solid character, sad to see him go. 4 v 4 now.
Jun 10, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Gyoubu, it's awful how the just left his body out for display for his comrades to find.
Sep 29, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2012
Rip gybo u fought well.

Feb 18, 2016 2:52 PM

Jun 2011
Grade A bullshit. How do you kill someone with a really strong power? Create a convenient situation where he would be distracted. It's not even Tenzen who distracted him, it was the writer who wrote that situation.

Disappointing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 7, 2016 7:00 AM

Jul 2008
Gah! Tenzen you bastard!

Now that I think about it...that has to be Saemon disguised as Gennosuke.
Mar 8, 2017 7:54 PM
Aug 2014
He would have lost anyway when Akeginu joined the fight as he couldn't hide any more.

Tenzen is still too much of a stereotypical villain compared to the rest of the characters.
Sep 30, 2023 2:26 PM

Dec 2022
Gyobu's fate was sealed the moment he went on a ship with four Iga members on it. I still think he made a pretty good account of himself though, managing to kill both Jingoro and Tenzen, and only failing to account for Tenzen's (still unexplained) immortality plot armour that resurrects him every time he dies. Even then, it was only Akeginu's intervention that actually killed him.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 7, 4:54 AM

Nov 2020
Does he ever like Iga? the author should balance it somehow xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 17 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

18 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 16 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 14, 2009

24 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

28 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 13, 2009

23 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 6, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 10 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

15 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 6, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.