Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you haven't watched but you know it's good?

New
Sep 3, 6:52 AM
Aug 2013
Is there any anime that you haven't watched yet but you know it's good without even watching it?

Maybe it could be an anime that you put on hold and saving it for those times when you got nothing to watch because you want something good. Or it could be an anime that is overhyped, maybe something you saw a trailer of or opening and it hooked your attention or like you may have had a friend recommend it to you heaps of times because it's good. Maybe it could be an anime that's like a classic or that people consider "must watch" anime, maybe it's an anime that you read good reviews about or you read the summary and that sounded like your type of anime. Maybe you go based on ratings and it had a high rating or it could be an anime that inspired a lot of anime thus you've seen it referenced heaps of times

~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 3, 6:53 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm, maybe Sousou no Frieren. I'm not sure.
Sep 3, 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
i say one piece thats why i think im gonna watch the remake
Sep 3, 7:04 AM

Jul 2024
Sousou no Frieren. I'm not sure if I'll find it resonating with me though
Sep 3, 7:05 AM

Nov 2021
Ashita no Joe

Erin

Gankutsuou

Violet evergarden because of kyoani and evan call

Sep 3, 7:09 AM

Jun 2024
Kurau Phantom Memory

Key The Metal Idol

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Ruin Explores

Legend of Basara

Future Boy Conan

The Big O
Sep 3, 7:12 AM

Aug 2016
None, I either watch it and see for myself if it's good, or I don't have any opinion on it. There are a lot that sound interesting to me based on the synopsis or internet comments, thus I put them in my plan to watch list, but I'm not immediately assuming they're good or anything.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 3, 7:31 AM

Dec 2021
Nope. I absolutely don't know if something is good until I've watched it. I've been jaded by anime I thought would be good, but I ended up hating (Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou, D.N.Angel, Fruits Basket, both adaptations of Kanon, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan, and others I'm failing to remember). If I haven't watched it, then I don't have a reason to hold an opinion on the quality of it.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Sep 3, 7:36 AM
Proud Ushi Simp

Jan 2019
Cowboy Bebop, I know I'd like it, idk I just haven't gotten around to it.
Sep 3, 7:46 AM

May 2024
I refrain from saying sth is good before even watching it. Just cuz it has many elements I generally like doesn't mean I'll enjoy it regardless of having watched it or not.
Sep 3, 7:46 AM

Sep 2016
Too many to list, stuff like Gintama, LoGH, HxH...
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 3, 7:49 AM
Apr 2024
Manga:
Goodnight punpun, I read 2 Inio Asano works and loved them, no reason for me to not like it
Berserk-I guess
Anime:
Space runaway Ideon-I love Tomino, and Tomino considers it his magnum opus
Sep 3, 7:58 AM
Jun 2021
You cannot know whether a show's "good" just by word of mouth. The word(s) you're looking for is "popular"/"liked by a lot of people".
Hot Blood saves lives.
Sep 3, 8:03 AM

May 2021
fmab
gintama
3 gatsu no lion
kingdom
hajime no ippo
Sep 3, 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
Cowboy Bebop
Nishijou
Yona of the dawn
Sonny Boy
Paranoia agent

Basically all my SS crunchlist on crunchyroll.
Sep 3, 8:19 AM

May 2018
no such thing lol. but my entire ptw list (100+) are anime I believe are good
can't yuck my yum

Sep 3, 8:29 AM

Aug 2021
There are too many examples for me to cite, I dropped too many things that are probably good.

Sep 3, 8:31 AM

Nov 2018
"Is there any anime that you haven't watched yet but you know it's good without even watching it?"
No, I've developed trust issues over time and I'm no longer willing to have very high expectations towards a specific anime.
"I don't know everything, I only know what the internet knows." - Definitely not best girl.
"To ask is a moment's shame. Not to, lifelong." - I quoted with a posed look.
Sep 3, 9:14 AM

Jan 2023
It's impossible to know if it's good without watching at it.
Sep 3, 9:54 AM

Aug 2024
There's stuff that I know is well-regarded but that doesn't mean that I might like it. I'd still like to think that even if it isn't to my taste that I can understand why someone else might dig it though.
Sep 3, 10:07 AM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
There's stuff that I haven't watched that is most likely, probably good.

But if I knew it was good I would have already watched it.
Sep 3, 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
I haven't seen FMA Brotherhood, but I've read the manga, and I'm really confident that Brotherhood does it justice.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 3, 10:35 AM

Aug 2021
Every anime by KyoAni that I haven't watched and Perfect Blue, and many more. I'll defiantly finish them in the future
Sep 3, 10:50 AM

Jun 2011
Space Brothers
Kino no Tabi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
Great Teacher Onizuka
His and Her Circumstances
12 Kingdoms
Hyouge Mono
Yakitate!! Japan
Yumeiro Patissiere
Gakuen Alice
Tsubasa Chronicles
Magic Kaito 1412
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken
Gundam Seed
City Hunter

I watched a few episodes of some of these in the past, but due to circumstances, I didn't continue watching, but I know I would love these shows and I can't wait to eventually get to all these.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 3, 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
NoelleIsSleepy said:

Pretty much the same here, but there's possibly more good anime that I may not be aware of.
Sep 3, 5:06 PM

May 2018
Reply to DarkShame2
NoelleIsSleepy said:

Pretty much the same here, but there's possibly more good anime that I may not be aware of.
@DarkShame2 nice! that makes for a lot of endless possibilities
can't yuck my yum

Sep 3, 5:28 PM

Apr 2022
i've already seen most things i thought that way about, so i guess ashita no joe, bakuman, welcome to the nhk and higurashi are left.
Sep 3, 5:30 PM

Jul 2020
Not an anime but a manga, Act-age definitely.
At the end of the day, we all love watching trash.
Sep 3, 5:48 PM
May 2021
In manga I will say all Urasawa works other than Monster (already finish The PEAK Anime).
In anime I will say Ranma 1/2.
I want to watch it like 3y,but never take the courage.
And now it will have his remake.
Sep 3, 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
Just to say a few umm.. with anime I'd say a few classics like:
- Akira
- A few Ghibli movies
- Haibane Renmei

Then a few more recent ones like:
- Vinland Saga
- Girl's Last Tour

Things are always being added though, I won't be running out of that 'must watch sometime' feeling anytime soon which is nice :)
Sep 3, 6:16 PM
Mar 2021
From experience, I realized it's better not to hype up an anime to the point where I'm 100% confident I will enjoy it.

Because if the anime turns out mid, or even above average, my viewing experience might just be ruined from expectations being too high. So now, I only hype myself for sequels, especially when I've read ahead in the source material.

To give an example, I heard a lot of praise for Mushoku Tensei for good writing and worldbuilding, so I was honestly expecting to enjoy it even knowing that the mc is not the most likeable. But season 1 part 1 was quite dry, and sometimes the most lacking aspect seemed like the writing which further detracted from my enjoyment because I was expecting that to be the good part. If I had come into it the anime blind, I would have thought it was a slightly above average isekai by the end of the season, but this wasn't the case. Instead, I was left feeling nothing at all.
Sep 3, 6:22 PM
Oct 2022
Probably Gurren Lagann. I've wanted to watch it for years but it's only in 480p on most sites, which seems strange considering Netflix used to have it in full HD.
Sep 3, 6:30 PM

Jan 2021
I have anime I have high expectations for, and based on the synopsis, themes, genres, and what I heard about, it looks like something I will love. But I can't know for sure it would be good, there were many cases where an anime failed to meet my expectations.

You can't know for sure if an anime is good or bad until you watch it.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 3, 7:47 PM

Mar 2019
Versailles no Bara

Mirai Shounen Conan

Aria

Dennou Coil

Slam Dunk

Haikyuu!!

Hyouka

World Trigger

Shiguang Dailiren

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

I believe that none of these animes are bad, someday I'll still watch them all. :3
Sep 3, 7:50 PM
May 2020
Gintama, I have seen some clips out of context but I feel like I will definitely enjoy watching it when the time comes
Sep 3, 8:01 PM

Oct 2023
Most recently I had Girls Last Tour on my radar and had a feeling it was going to be good based off of the description and unique animation style. I just started watching it and so far it's pretty good. As far as shows I have not yet seen...Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl...still hoping for an English Dub but am loosing hope and might give in to watching the sub. I have a strong feeling I will like that one.
3 hours ago

Jul 2024
I don't know why, but these shows are giving me a different vibe, and I'm freaking excited for these anime

Hellsing Ultimate
Mushishi
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Berserk
Uchuu Kyoudai
Texhnolyze
Clannad
Fate Series
Devilman Crybaby
Just an simple guy , living his normal life
3 hours ago
Mar 2023
Space Runaway Ideon

Pyscho Pass

Lucky Star

Nichijou

Barakamon

More topics from this board

» What is your opinion on the Jjk fandom?

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 20

42 by UberBat »»
4 minutes ago

» Dragon Ball Sub Vs Dub Which is Better?

Ahmad_Sahil_ - 7 hours ago

13 by ToG25thBaam »»
4 minutes ago

» What's your favorite thing about moe blobs?

Catalano - Yesterday

15 by Deus-Arcanum »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Backs, Butts, Legs or All of the above? (didn't include boobs because I'm focusing on the rear of characters)

IpreferEcchi - Sep 6

26 by TipraTechnophile »»
1 hour ago

» Are you still watching ?_? ( 1 2 3 )

ElmoBoredAsf - Sep 6

139 by KAI_aTAKITA »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.