Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 5:37 AM
Sep 2021
This is such a dimwit non existing main character it ruins my experience

he litterly saw bodies being cut apart and saved a girl bound to die if he didnt block that
and says what he did was nothing important
he doesn't want anything, he doesnt care about other lives, and acts like the dumbest most naieve shit on earth.

it makes absolutely no freaking sense
Hes so dumb narrow minded its actually a crime at this point
Jul 12, 5:48 AM
Dec 2023
Yeah sure, after working in the city for years MC dont at least know of Royal Palace or Recidence, litteraly most important places in th Kingdom or you koow royal dynasty name...
Jul 12, 7:01 AM
Apr 2020
Haha this reminds me of the dungeon boonies one, but the MC here seems even more clueless. I really liked that the king figured out his nature and passed the sword by calling it a hand me down so that it seemed like a no big deal, whereas in truth I would guess it was a peak level treasure or something, since it was important enough to even have a replica made, and also they were shocked when he could use it one-handed. My only worry is that with this kind of trope, it is either hilariously entertaining coz the MC is being stupid, or extremely annoying because the show thinks the audience wants to be stupid. Only time will tell which case this one falls under (for anime watchers, as I suspect the manga readers would already know).
Jul 12, 7:07 AM
Mar 2020
Why do people keep stopping Noor from trying out his new sword to clean ditches as soon as he can?
Jul 12, 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
This is the dumbest MC in the history of MCs...
The author just way overdoes his stupidity. How can he possibly not grasp even a tiny bit of this situation?
I don't hate this trope of an MC not grasping the sitatuion neccesarily, but the author is completely overdoing it.
At this point I have to assume the MC is severely autistic with an IQ of less than 60.
Jul 12, 8:09 AM
Oct 2021
LOL good chp, gonna read the manga
Jul 12, 8:55 AM
Feb 2023
Many people seem to hate how clueless Noor is. But I think it's explained rather well although indirectly. He's been a fan of hero stories made for kids. In those kind of books, monsters fought tend to be overexaggerated, so he just take those as the standard monsters. Besides, he never saw or fought against any monsters, which is why his knowledge on them is practically non-existent. You can know why since he simply trained in a mountain with no monsters for 14 years.

Also jeez, the male characters really got some love in this anime. They're really well drawn and their VA is also great.
Jul 12, 9:53 AM
Apr 2020
Didn’t expect them to name the ep i parry rewards lol
Jul 12, 9:55 AM

Jun 2016
thats funny at the ending of episode
"i also parry the reward "
LOL
Jul 12, 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
So they might be the royal family and he didn't really know or even suspect a little...and that he treated his king and the princess like commoner equals. LOL

Imagining using his new large ass sword as a shovel. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 12, 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
Solid episode, not as good as the first though and animation quality looks like it’s dipping.. I did like the introduction of Lynne, her dad and Ines, but I can see the “haha I’m super OP, but stupid” gimmick getting old with the MC. It seems like everyone in the show perpetuates his stupidity with poor introductions and explanations too..

but it’s early and honestly it does make sense thematically since he lost both his parents young and probably has little formal education. I just hopefully we see him grow out of that a bit.

Lynne is really cute and I love how driven she was to thank Noor for all he did for her.

half the treasures in the dungeon? Nope. Training Lynne and getting a sword that’ll likely be OP in his hands? Yep. Can’t believe bro first thought is using the sword to clean out the drains tho lmaoo. Let’s see where they go next episode. I hope this doesn’t end up like S rank musume where it starts with an interesting premise then gets too gimmicky and falls off.
Marinate1016Jul 12, 3:49 PM
Jul 12, 2:12 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Roycekaboyce
im defending the mc. He has been alone training for what like 20 fucking years in a forest. Ofc he would be slow af and not good with human interactions and yet despite all that, he stays humble af and thats rlly admirable. I like him and I don't think that will change. Love his nonchalent delivery on everything, pretty funny.
@Roycekaboyce There is a difference between not having knowledge and being acomplete moron, those are very different weights of matters

even the dumbest of them knows the difference that if people die by some monster in front of you thats bad
and youre not gonna say
Oh yeah i did nothing, saving someones live from certain death in front of me didnt mean anything at all, yes you could have handled it your self right? Totaly ignoring the fact just a bunch of other armored fighters got cut in half right in front of him.

its more like i saved u, but i actually didnt give a fuck, i intererupted your battle on which u were constricted and all your comrades died in front of you and you were about to die so i had to intervene right?. that goes beyond naievity, thats just pure hypocrisy and pushing sht in someones face
SwutsyJul 12, 2:17 PM
Jul 12, 2:21 PM

Dec 2022
man really was gonna clean shit with a national treasure
Jul 12, 2:22 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to tarfeef101
Johnny-Jay said:
That protagonist is way too oblivious to the situation and unaware of his own strenght to the point that it just makes him look dumb as hell. And I get that he's a nice guy and doesn't expect a reward for saving people but his unwillingness to accept any reward was overplayed.

yeah that made the whole episode pretty tedious for me tbh
@tarfeef101

1. Sees guards dying in front of him getting sliced by a monster
2. A woman is held in place and showing fear of death and is about to get the same fate
3. MC intercepts the monster, cuz that does make sense
4. later on says you could have dealt it with yourself was it not? Totaly ignoring the other guards being in many pieces now that was shown in front of him
basicly MC Mocks the whole stage of characters with 1 line in the whole anime.

Naieve my ass, this goes far beyond that, naieve and unknowledable are not the same thing and dude actually acted with senses before and defended the woman. means its just hypocrisy at that point.
Jul 12, 6:38 PM
Nov 2018
I have mixed feelings about the show. I enjoy it, but again, it's a simple-minded MC. I guess it's better than the one I watched where MC killed a dragon and swear it was a simple lizard.
Jul 12, 8:06 PM

May 2021
Ah, yet another utterly retarded but strong character who doesn't know they are strong. Can you wear out these shoes some more? It's not a cliche at this moment yet.
Jul 12, 8:30 PM

Nov 2016
the clueless guy act is getting old fast
Jul 12, 10:13 PM

Feb 2019
Noor suddenly became in demand amongst the two royal retainers lol But I wonder what was that lady knight's reaction for when Noor introduced himself.
Jul 12, 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah sure, after working in the city for years MC dont at least know of Royal Palace or Recidence, litteraly most important places in th Kingdom or you koow royal dynasty name...

I mean... back in episode 1, MC did mention he spend 15+ years literally by himself in the forest training his sword skill (parry)... he didn't go back to the city at all during that time. (and he originally lived in the woods with his mother, who died, and he only learned about "adventuring" from a old book his dead father left behind)

Which is why the guild dude was surprised when he saw MC 15+ years later...

Meaning... in a way... MC technically does belong in the F-rank class... he has next to no education about the world... he's literally just been doing "worker" jobs too... (he was also doing "worker" jobs before he started sword training when his mom was still alive, as we've seen back in beginning of episode 1)

So he can be given some "slide" for being sorta airheaded and stupid... LOL

People need to realized... MC's knowledge level is still that of a 12 years old, that's when he stopped learning about anything and just started doing Sword Training.

"This very valuable sword is perfect for digging mud" (mind set of a 12 years old)

If you just remember MC is technically stupid, you'll enjoy the series a bit better.
amlgJul 12, 10:30 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 13, 1:19 AM
Mar 2012
so Dumbledore found a nation sent a cow to incite war.
oof guild fee high like the app stores. Surprising lots of thief skills for a mage.
Jeanne & Lancer guarding Illya meets aged Iskander.
weirdest cursed looking sword. Dense or reluctant mc not sure what's more annoying, but these title cards still funny. bit slow paced but watchable.
Jul 13, 2:00 AM
Feb 2019
its so slow and every sentence is just misunderstanding after misunderstanding to the point characters all just feel stupid
Jul 13, 4:06 AM
May 2024
Yeah... It's really boring... Generic but with good animation, but other than that, there's nothing else interesting here.

I almost fell asleep during this episode it was so boring...2/5
Jul 13, 11:34 AM
Feb 2023
finally no talent, hardworking mc
Jul 13, 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Ryoda-
This is the dumbest MC in the history of MCs...
The author just way overdoes his stupidity. How can he possibly not grasp even a tiny bit of this situation?
I don't hate this trope of an MC not grasping the sitatuion neccesarily, but the author is completely overdoing it.
At this point I have to assume the MC is severely autistic with an IQ of less than 60.
@Ryoda-

They are taking the role of the dumb hero to new extremes with this one.
Jul 14, 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Tarrian
Noor is an absolute idiot but the people around him help perpetuate the stupidity by not doing something simple like telling him exactly what they're thanking him for; you'd think that at least one of them would have mentioned that it was an A-class demon called a minotaur rather than leaving him to think it's a bloody COW. Seriously, what the hell are the cows like back where he grew up? Oi.

Then there's the whole maid 'misunderstanding'. He's aware of the concept and duties of a maid, but for some reason thinks that one of them would be going around fully armed and armored?

I like his humility in parrying away any excessive displays of gratitude for saving Lynne's life, but the overflowing syrup of stupidity is seriously dragging this down.
@Tarrian Yeah, this is rather annoying.

They're dragging all this "MC being clueless" thing too much.
I wish they would stop lol

Also let's not forget that Ines technically used the word king when she scolded MC.
I guess of course he didn't pick the word 'king' up. Of course.
FullyChargedJul 14, 11:08 AM
bruh
Jul 14, 11:05 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to kalpakgupta
Haha this reminds me of the dungeon boonies one, but the MC here seems even more clueless. I really liked that the king figured out his nature and passed the sword by calling it a hand me down so that it seemed like a no big deal, whereas in truth I would guess it was a peak level treasure or something, since it was important enough to even have a replica made, and also they were shocked when he could use it one-handed. My only worry is that with this kind of trope, it is either hilariously entertaining coz the MC is being stupid, or extremely annoying because the show thinks the audience wants to be stupid. Only time will tell which case this one falls under (for anime watchers, as I suspect the manga readers would already know).
@kalpakgupta Yeah, pretty much the dungeon one. I dropped that one at ep 6 because they wouldn't drop the shit

edit: I wish they didn't make the quote function this garbage it is now, so I could quote 2 people in one post
bruh
Jul 14, 8:00 PM
May 2024
What a very humble MC
Next time would he parry problematic people or someone with evil intentions like karma?
Jul 14, 11:59 PM

Feb 2011
twin tailed loli princess, helllll yeahhh

Jul 15, 11:32 PM

Nov 2009
edit: I wish they didn't make the quote function this garbage it is now, so I could quote 2 people in one post

I do the quotes manually using [ quote ] and [ /quote ]

problem is, it then doesn't "ping/ link" the original poster's name.

Tho I could do [quote=FullyCharged] to show the name as

FullyCharged said:
example

But that also doesn't link, lol.

However doing it this way allow me to quote multiple people's posts. (instead of the weird quote they have now that add giant posts to every post... which is annoying)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 16, 4:37 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to amlg

I do the quotes manually using [ quote ] and [ /quote ]

problem is, it then doesn't "ping/ link" the original poster's name.

Tho I could do [quote=FullyCharged] to show the name as

FullyCharged said:
example

But that also doesn't link, lol.

However doing it this way allow me to quote multiple people's posts. (instead of the weird quote they have now that add giant posts to every post... which is annoying)
@amlg iirc the old quote includes both the user id and post id in the tag

I think I've seen someone manually compiling quotes that way.
But you have to do it manually, including fishing for IDs for every quote.
Tedious considering before you could just click a button and the forum would do the work for you.

Bet when mal pushed the quote downgrade they used a bs word such as "optimized" or "streamlined" in regard of the quote function butchering lol

Let's also not forget that, adding to what you said (the whole post being included) is that the quote is ALWAYS on top so you cannot write stuff above that has nothing to do with the quote and then quote. Also, you cannot split the quote to answer by paragraph properly either.
bruh
Jul 16, 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
I can't get a fix on this show. Art & animation is decent. The pacing and plot development is good. The characters have a realistic manner about them. The world building is good.
It is our MC, Noor that makes me crazy. His complete obliviousness to the world he has lived in his whole life is unbelievable!! He grows up in a medieval society but can't tell a knight or noble from a shopkeeper. Yes, I know it's supposed to make him appealingly clueless. Maybe even a kind of modern person to contrast with the stern hierarchies of a feudal world. But having him carelessly stumbling around in this world's geopolitics... Mistaking a richly dressed, armored warrior for a maid?!
Well, I'll stick around. I want to like this show. Let's see if they get these two conflicting elements to balance out.
Jul 17, 8:16 AM
May 2020
couldn't parry himself out of this situation
Jul 19, 7:36 AM

Nov 2023
Calling this MC dumb is actually a compliment.
Jul 19, 11:30 PM

Jul 2017
Princess Lynneburg's failed near-assassination by the Magic Kingdom of Deridas, it's thanks to Noor who did the saving, though he's a mysterious figure within this time whose recognition was saving Lynne from the minotaur, which he thought was a big cow. Lynne appearing at the Adventurer's Guild just about shocks everyone, though Noor has no significance of who she is, much less just wanting to do his adventuring like a typical person and has no need of a reward from Lynne, as much as she forces his hand to accept her reward.

The invitation for Noor to Lynne's place, in the growing confrontation between her brother Rein and her dad the King about the non-aggression treaty between their kingdom and Deridas, the reward progression continues, though Noor REALLY doesn't want any form of compensation, though a priceless sword that is hanging out of the King's seat does give incentive to accept that for his miscellaneous quests. It's the same for Ines whom Noor also saved her alongside Lynne, and Gilbert challenging him to a friendly duel, all the guy wants is just to go home and rest.

Still has a lot of work to cook...
Jul 25, 3:05 PM
Nov 2010
Hah- I like that they didn't us it was the king till after. But how long can his nonchalance last, till the end of the season no-less. xD I hope we find out more about the sword.
Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Apr 2014
Episode title killed me xD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

60 by Gonta29 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18

79 by TheSaltyGamer »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

93 by lessfull »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

» Will the MC ever think he is strong?

Kyhz4 - Jul 22

7 by Aohh »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

» Recent Trend in Power Fantasies

bledsoe60 - Jul 19

8 by SakuraCosmos »»
Jul 19, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.