Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 10:24 AM
May 2024
Don’t get me wrong I still appreciate this arc for what it brings to the other Hashiras that we never had time for, but after watching the second to last episode after waiting week after week for this slowburn build up to the finale… would it have been better if this season had gotten the same treatment like the Mugen train arc? Cut down some of the “filler” moments and make the story more coherent on what it’s trying to say? All in all i just hate waiting another year for the continuation even when the manga has been over for years now.
Jun 24, 11:11 AM
May 2016
Nope. The story looks pretty episodic with the different training sessions while Mugen Train was one overarching story, so this was the better option.
Jun 24, 11:15 AM
Aug 2022
It could have been but they handled this season perfectly
Jun 24, 11:15 AM
Jul 2023
I don’t think a movie would be necessary, but this season should have been WAY shorter. This arc was like, 1 volume in the manga. 8 episodes was too much.
Jun 24, 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
ye it could work as a movie and without the boring slow pacing and fillers too since its only 9 chapters in the manga anyway
Jun 24, 11:29 AM

Jan 2021
No it wouldn't have worked as a movie. For a whole movie you need actual content that isn't just training and stuff. Mugen train was perfect for a movie. Introduced a new character, dealt with a demon in the middle, surprising twist at the end and beautiful fight sequence. This arc is literally just training. Promotional movie for the first episode is more than enough.
Besides, I love what they did in this episodic format. The additional content was new for manga readers as well and we will see one of the best cliffhanger next.
A trilogy movie format is perfect for the infinity castle arc. Jumping from a TV anime to movie theatres is much better.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 24, 11:52 AM
Dec 2021
Nah it’s good as it is
Jun 24, 12:24 PM
Oct 2022
I do not believe they could have been integrated everything in just one movie or two. I understand that this season is very short, it is the same in the manga (I’ve read all of it and I remember it was only 5 or 6 chapters of the entire Hashira Training Arc). I appreciate the fact that they decided to make a whole season for this training, even if it’s short. The animation and the way characters are presented are insanely worth watching, Aniplex and creators are still the best.

It was a great choice they made up their mind to make 3 movies for Infinity Castle Arc, though.
Jun 24, 1:09 PM
May 2023
This has the same running time as any regular 12 episode season. That’s four hours long. Hell no this wouldn’t have been better as a movie
Jun 24, 2:12 PM
Feb 2020
I don't think so. A movie script is pretty much made of four sections, which are introduction, conflict, climax and conclusion. Now, if you've been watching the hashira's training arc carefully, you'll see that the story doesn't exactly follows that pattern. I think that if they made a movie out of the episodes, it wouldn't appeal much as a movie as the mugen train arc for example, where the four sections I mentioned early are very clear and distinguishable.
Jun 24, 3:06 PM

Jun 2019
Yes, a movie would have been a much better product with less filler and better pacing. However, I believe they didn't do this because the content they are adapting is not good enough.

If it's true that Ufotable is doing 3 movies to finish the series, prefacing that with a middling training arc movie that people paid to watch would undermine the significance of the "Grand Finale".
Jun 24, 5:36 PM
Feb 2024
Yeah I feel like a lot of what’s been shown in this season has been a bit of a waste of time. If the absurd amounts of fat had been trimmed from this for it to be a movie I feel like I would be coming away from this arc a lot happier.
Jun 25, 1:58 AM
May 2022
I don't know. But it could have been better if they're did S3 and S4 in one season.
Jun 25, 2:35 AM
Sep 2020
seasons>movies ALWAYS IDC
Jun 25, 5:12 AM
Apr 2020
Nah, a training arc is fine as a season but would’ve been boring as a movie
Jun 25, 6:04 AM

Jan 2019
No, to make a movie you need more than just the right ammount of content, you need a narrative structure that works in a movie, or in other words you need set ups and pay offs, a three act structure with its rising action and all that stuff, character arcs, a narrative climax (not just a fight), etc.

This arc has a couple of those things and others can be created through adaptation, but there's just no plot to do a movie, because it's mostly training. It most definitely wouldn't work as a movie.
Jun 25, 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
yo this is more than the movie....🧐
Anime Rules the world
Jun 25, 9:53 AM
Jul 2023
gyoobr said:
Don’t get me wrong I still appreciate this arc for what it brings to the other Hashiras that we never had time for, but after watching the second to last episode after waiting week after week for this slowburn build up to the finale… would it have been better if this season had gotten the same treatment like the Mugen train arc? Cut down some of the “filler” moments and make the story more coherent on what it’s trying to say? All in all i just hate waiting another year for the continuation even when the manga has been over for years now.

Nope, you are utterly wrong here. Don't you see how they build up character of every hashira in this arc. A movie would not have been capable of doing this much character building of every hashira in 90Min. Although movie for each hashira fight in infinite castle arc would be much better duo to quality of fights we will have in it
Jun 28, 2:57 PM
Apr 2017
Not really I think they did well with this format. :)
Jun 28, 8:45 PM
Nov 2020
This would've never worked as a movie. The Slowburn and time spent with these characters were needed for the build up we get for Infinity Castle Arc
Jul 1, 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
At least to me it wouldn't, I'll always prefer a TV series to a movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

539 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

262 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

155 by Sean_T_kendo »»
Sep 23, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

126 by k-angel »»
Sep 19, 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.