Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

New
Jun 24, 7:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Shueisha's Jump Channel announced in this week's Jump Press video that Kouhei Horikoshi's Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) manga is ending in five chapters on the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine's combined 36th and 37th issue on August 5.

Horikoshi began serializing the action superhero manga on Weekly Shounen Jump in July 2014 and drew inspiration from his Boku no Hero (My Hero) one-shot that was published in the 2008 Winter issue of Akamaru Jump. Shueisha published the 40th volume on April 4. Boku no Hero Academia has a cumulative 100 million copies of its compiled volumes in print.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under its Shounen Jump imprint in February 2015 and serialized it in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine until it was discontinued. The company's new Shounen Jump platform now simulpublishes the manga with the Japanese release. The 38th volume [url=]shipped[/url] on June 4 while the 39th volume is scheduled to go on sale on October 1. Shueisha's Manga Plus platform also simulpublishes the manga.

Bones produced the anime series that includes seven seasons, four movies, and other special episodes. The seventh season began airing on May 4 and the fourth movie, You're Next, is scheduled to open on August 2.

Boku no Hero Academia ranked eighth in Manga Taisho Awards in 2015 and fifth in 2016's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! in the Male Readers' Top 20 ranking.

Synopsis
One day, a four-year-old boy came to a sudden realization: the world is not fair. Eighty percent of the world's population wield special abilities, known as "quirks," which have given many the power to make their childhood dreams of becoming a superhero a reality. Unfortunately, Izuku Midoriya was one of the few born without a quirk, suffering from discrimination because of it. Yet, he refuses to give up on his dream of becoming a hero; determined to do the impossible, Izuku sets his sights on the elite hero training academy, UA High.

However, everything changes after a chance meeting with the number one hero and Izuku's idol, All Might. Discovering that his dream is not a dead end, the powerless boy undergoes special training, working harder than ever before. Eventually, this leads to him inheriting All Might's power, and with his newfound abilities, gets into his school of choice, beginning his grueling journey to become the successor of the best hero on the planet. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeJun 24, 8:00 AM
Jun 24, 7:57 AM

May 2021
OMG finally the mangaka can now write something actually good and different

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 24, 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
The world is healing.
Jun 24, 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
Hate jokes aside, this was expected, but still unexpected in same time. I knew that the manga was in its final arc, but I didn't think about the ending since the franchise has long become the most mainstream battle shonen in the world. If I understand correctly, we are also one step away from the end of the anime adaptation?
Jun 24, 8:12 AM

Aug 2012
FINALLYYYYY
Now the anime just has to end too
Jun 24, 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
Finally, the pain comes to an end
Jun 24, 8:22 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Hmm, so he finally stopped eating the hair of All Might? That's all I can remember from this series which was so nasty that I threw it out the window.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 24, 8:37 AM

May 2020
I'm not sure if I'll miss this or not, despite it being a very long journey, but I give it to author for his insane consistency with the art.
Jun 24, 8:41 AM

Jan 2009
Jun 24, 8:44 AM

Oct 2017
Just five more to go. Timeskip with Deku and Urara kids?
Jun 24, 8:56 AM

Aug 2008
Thank god that this shit finally ends!
Jun 24, 9:09 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Azuchi
Hmm, so he finally stopped eating the hair of All Might? That's all I can remember from this series which was so nasty that I threw it out the window.
@Azuchi Brah!!! You have Golden boy in your favourite. Stop overacting.
Jun 24, 9:13 AM

May 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@Azuchi Brah!!! You have Golden boy in your favourite. Stop overacting.
@ZXEAN 'Brah!!! You have AOT in your favourite. Stop overreacting.' ..... See how cringe it sounds to degrade someone's favorites just because he got under your skin ?
YubisoftJun 24, 9:25 AM

Jun 24, 9:25 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
@ZXEAN 'Brah!!! You have AOT in your favourite. Stop overreacting.' ..... See how cringe it sounds to degrade someone's favorites just because he got under your skin ?
@Yubisoft Have you seen Golden boy ? The MC literally lick girls toilet and he didn't find it nasty but Deku eating All might hair made him throw up lol. If it's not overacting then what is it. Lol
Jun 24, 9:33 AM

May 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@Yubisoft Have you seen Golden boy ? The MC literally lick girls toilet and he didn't find it nasty but Deku eating All might hair made him throw up lol. If it's not overacting then what is it. Lol
@ZXEAN And I could give you so much reasons to ridicule about you having AOT in your favorites . And by reasons I don't mean scenes that disgusted me but much more important problems that exist from season 1 until that..... cough* ending . But this is the clown route that no mentally stable should do

Jun 24, 9:40 AM

Jan 2021
And it's still a better series than Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man
Jun 24, 9:45 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
@ZXEAN And I could give you so much reasons to ridicule about you having AOT in your favorites . And by reasons I don't mean scenes that disgusted me but much more important problems that exist from season 1 until that..... cough* ending . But this is the clown route that no mentally stable should do
@Yubisoft Wtf with whom I am arguing 😭 You are not getting my point.

I never said that opening scene was nasty or anything it was your friend who did moreover I have rated Golden boy more than MHA and I even dropped MHA after S4 it's not about like or dislike. I just find his words funny considering he have Golden boy in his favourite that's it. No hard feelings it's just a harmless joke.
ZXEANJun 24, 9:58 AM
Jun 24, 9:46 AM
Apr 2020
I’m surprised especially since the introduction of a mysterious new character who’s yet to be revealed from chapter 425 honestly if they make a sequel series I wouldn’t mind as the world is in disarray at the moment sure the big bads gone but the world and characters still need to heal after the war that shook Japan and the hero system that’s barely hanging on especially since so many quit because of the backlash
Jun 24, 10:33 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to MegamiRem
Just five more to go. Timeskip with Deku and Urara kids?
MegamiRem said:
Timeskip with Deku and Urara kids?

Deku and Bakugo’s kids 😘
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 24, 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
It was a good run Hori, I salute
Jun 24, 12:14 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Old_School_Akira
MegamiRem said:
Timeskip with Deku and Urara kids?

Deku and Bakugo’s kids 😘
@Old_School_Akira how is that even possible?
Deathlydash
Jun 24, 2:34 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Deathlydash
@Old_School_Akira how is that even possible?
@Deathlydash they can adopt kids?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 24, 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
Hope it has a satisfying conclusion and Hori can go enjoy some time off and get some well-earned rest.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 25, 1:48 AM

Jun 2024
I might finally read it.
Jun 25, 6:09 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Old_School_Akira
@Deathlydash they can adopt kids?
@Old_School_Akira I thought you meant one of them has an uterus
Deathlydash
Jun 25, 9:50 AM

May 2021
no... i... i was expecting at least one volume to wrap things up.. 5 CHAPTERS?? MY SHINSO JUST GOT TRANSFERRED TO THE HERO COURSE! but.. i suppose there's not much to do.. since shigaraki & afo has been defeated.. but.. :( well, it has to end someday.. T_T it has been a medium-long journey.. but it was really fun. I will seriously miss bakugo.. it's been 4 years since i started..

hayst... there really would be no extending it, since it's My Hero Academia, and most likely there would be a timeskip and the end would probably show them being licensed heroes already..

i just hope there would be no forced romance like in naruto. obvious pairings like uraraka and deku, jirou and kaminari, (kinda) mina and kirishima are okay, but don't they dare add a pairing for the other characs that has no even subtle romantic interaction in the past 400 chapters like in naruto and introduce their children please.

Jun 25, 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to ZXEAN
@ZXEAN dude has fckn hentai and monster girls doing pervers things as his favs

with whom are you even discussing bout hahah
Jun 25, 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
End of an era for sure. Glad we're getting those epilogue chapters.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 25, 8:21 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to removed-user
@ZXEAN dude has fckn hentai and monster girls doing pervers things as his favs

with whom are you even discussing bout hahah
@Vacerino Haha 🤣 you are right. He want Horikoshi to write something good and different next time. By good and different he most probably want him to start writing borderline hentai manga 🤓 lol

Judging by his questionable taste in anime I think he should get ready for more disappointment 😅
ZXEANJun 25, 8:25 PM
Jun 26, 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to ZXEAN
@Vacerino Haha 🤣 you are right. He want Horikoshi to write something good and different next time. By good and different he most probably want him to start writing borderline hentai manga 🤓 lol

Judging by his questionable taste in anime I think he should get ready for more disappointment 😅
@ZXEAN right 🤣 should probably stick with doujins
Jun 26, 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
It had to end at some point. I don't hate it as much as everybody else, but like damn they drag it further than it needed to be.

Jun 26, 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
End of an era, I guess. Boku no Hero Academia has become extremely popular over the course of several years, introducing a lot of younger viewers into the world of manga and anime.
Jun 26, 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
Hopefully Zoomer Naruto (because NO ONE cares about Boruto) end will be an ACTUAL end, not just a bait to sell cashgrab sequelitis with Generation Xerox children.

Let it die for real, this time.

Also, hopefully the dumb fujoshis wont send death treaths to the author this time. Tokyo Ghoul flashbacks...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Aug 19, 7:15 AM

Nov 2021
So how many chapters are in total when it's completed?
''As of August 2, 2024, 41 volumes have been released. The 42nd and final volume is scheduled for release in December 2024".

Been a fan since I followed both manga and anime, it's definitely a manga series I would buy for my young kids during their childhood. The movies not so good.
Aug 20, 11:54 PM
Jul 2024
no joke glad this came to a end

More topics from this board

» 'Sousou no Frieren' Gets Second Season ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

62 by iwubanime »»
12 minutes ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

87 by snoowow »»
1 hour ago

» 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Receives Fourth Season, Second Movie

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Mavuika »»
5 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

11 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» Singer Masayoshi Ooishi Announces Marriage

Aiimee - Jul 31, 2020

4 by TemdoesSpeedruns »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.