Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

New
Jun 12, 3:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Production company King Records announced a television anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Musshu's Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku (Flower and Asura) manga on Wednesday, revealing the main cast, staff, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is scheduled for a 2025 premiere.

Voice actresses Minori Fujidera (Waccha PriMagi!) and Miyuri Shimabukuro (Carole & Tuesday) are starring as Hana Haruyama and Mizuki Usurai, respectively.

Staff
Director: Ayumu Uwano (Majo no Tabitabi episode director)
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Shangri-La Frontier)
Character Design: Hikari Komine (Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu sub-character design)
Studio: Studio Bind

Takeda (Hibike! Euphonium) and Musshu began serializing the school drama manga in Ultra Jump magazine in June 2021. Shueisha published the sixth volume in December 2023, with the seventh volume scheduled for a June 19 release.

Synopsis
Hana lives on the small island of Tonakijima, with a population of 600, and loves reading to the island's children. Mizuki, the president of the school's broadcasting club, notices Hana's talent for engaging others through her storytelling and invites her to join the club. As Hana embarks on this new journey, she experiences many "firsts" with the broadcasting club members, deepening her love for reading even more.

Official site: https://hanashura-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @hanashura_PR
Manga special site: https://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/manga/manga-3883/

Source: Press Release

Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku on MAL
VindstotJun 12, 3:14 AM

Jun 12, 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
Euphonium author and Studio Bind. Yes, pls.

Jun 12, 3:51 AM

Apr 2012
Let me guess, this is a story about pure female friendship and has romance as its own subplot, but the friendship is portrayed so deeply and meaningfully that it will cause a lot of flashbacks to the first Eupho's anime and heated arguments between people? I haven't read this manga, but in my experience, Takeda Ayano's stories mostly follow one distinctive style.

UPD. Wait, Bind studio has a connection with White Fox? Well, then this explains such a high-quality adaptation of action fantasy.
RobertBobertJun 12, 3:57 AM
Jun 12, 5:27 AM

Aug 2020
@RobertBobert it's quite different from hibike style but yeah since the author is same so it has similar vibes here and their otherwise its a fresh series,also this has interesting male characters too.

Can't wait for this adaption.
Jun 12, 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Lavi_kun
@RobertBobert it's quite different from hibike style but yeah since the author is same so it has similar vibes here and their otherwise its a fresh series,also this has interesting male characters too.

Can't wait for this adaption.
@Lavi_kun Well, I found Shuichi quite interesting, what a shame that Yamada first cut his role in the first season and then couldn't figure out how to bring him back in time. But returning to the topic, as I suggested, this is not yuri, but rather a co-ed school Slice of Life?
Jun 12, 5:39 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Lavi_kun Well, I found Shuichi quite interesting, what a shame that Yamada first cut his role in the first season and then couldn't figure out how to bring him back in time. But returning to the topic, as I suggested, this is not yuri, but rather a co-ed school Slice of Life?
@RobertBobert well it wasn't yuri until recent arc... but yeah its more like school slice of anime.
Jun 12, 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Lavi_kun
@RobertBobert well it wasn't yuri until recent arc... but yeah its more like school slice of anime.
@Lavi_kun But did it become like this? Or are you just talking about some side characters?
Jun 12, 5:59 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Lavi_kun But did it become like this? Or are you just talking about some side characters?
@RobertBobert so far only side characters without any main lead yuri hint.
Jun 12, 6:05 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Lavi_kun
@RobertBobert so far only side characters without any main lead yuri hint.
@Lavi_kun Well, from what I gather from manga discussions, until recently it was so chaste that some people even grumbled at the thought of any hint of romance, regardless of whether it was gay or straight. But I haven’t read the manga, I just watched a couple of chapters and it seemed to me that I was reading a more female focused Skip and Loafer.
Jun 12, 6:19 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Lavi_kun Well, from what I gather from manga discussions, until recently it was so chaste that some people even grumbled at the thought of any hint of romance, regardless of whether it was gay or straight. But I haven’t read the manga, I just watched a couple of chapters and it seemed to me that I was reading a more female focused Skip and Loafer.
@RobertBobert you can put in that way,I also think adding even a hint of romance would be very unnecessary unless it actually related to plot.
Jun 12, 6:27 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Lavi_kun
@RobertBobert you can put in that way,I also think adding even a hint of romance would be very unnecessary unless it actually related to plot.
@Lavi_kun So, so as not to repeat, at least for now it’s just a pure co-ed SoL about club activities and whether it will be romance or not, a question for the future?
Jun 12, 6:49 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Lavi_kun So, so as not to repeat, at least for now it’s just a pure co-ed SoL about club activities and whether it will be romance or not, a question for the future?
@RobertBobert yeah.
Jun 12, 8:22 AM

Jan 2021
Crazy how Hibike author snatched 2 peak studios in a row
Jun 12, 8:28 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to RobertBobert
Let me guess, this is a story about pure female friendship and has romance as its own subplot, but the friendship is portrayed so deeply and meaningfully that it will cause a lot of flashbacks to the first Eupho's anime and heated arguments between people? I haven't read this manga, but in my experience, Takeda Ayano's stories mostly follow one distinctive style.

UPD. Wait, Bind studio has a connection with White Fox? Well, then this explains such a high-quality adaptation of action fantasy.
@RobertBobert the studio is co-owned by WhiteFox and EggFirm and has a bunch of former WhiteFox staff if I am not mistaken.
Jun 12, 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ionliosite2
Crazy how Hibike author snatched 2 peak studios in a row
@Ionliosite2 Most likely, the contract with Bind was a result of her good reputation after working with KyoAni.

@Nachtwandler_21 So they offloaded White Fox to concentrate on their big properties like ReZero? Or are there other goals here? It’s just that if I’m not mistaken, at one time White Fox itself was created by OLM for expensive fantasy adaptations.
Jun 12, 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert If you watched only S1 and Shuuichi is a character that appears little and is underdeveloped or as you say cut off, I wonder why you find him interesting in the first place.

I find it very suspicious that the complaint is this and not for example that you feel you have been promised that Hazuki or Midori are main characters and then they are cut off. You haven't been promised anything with Shuuichi, he's never been a main character. It seems to me that this kind of discourse is misogynistic.
Jun 12, 9:07 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to ORUGAdesu
@RobertBobert If you watched only S1 and Shuuichi is a character that appears little and is underdeveloped or as you say cut off, I wonder why you find him interesting in the first place.

I find it very suspicious that the complaint is this and not for example that you feel you have been promised that Hazuki or Midori are main characters and then they are cut off. You haven't been promised anything with Shuuichi, he's never been a main character. It seems to me that this kind of discourse is misogynistic.
@ORUGAdesu Maybe you won't criticize me for the arguments that you yourself came up with, okay? You literally quoted my comment where I talk about his significance in the original NOVEL. And just because I regret cutting his time on the show doesn't mean I don't care about the female characters on the show. I don't understand why I have to make excuses for points that I obviously didn't make, or why I have to make excuses to you for the characters that interest me. If we're playing mind reading, by the same logic I could accuse you of being misandric for reacting this way to complaints about the diminishing importance and screen time of the series' most important male character.

And we were never promised that Hazuki and Midori would be so important main characters (Not even mentioning that you seem to imply that only the main characters are important), this 4 girl ensemble formula is pretty typical for all-female shows and you can find a similar approach in a ton of other similar shows like the recent YoruKura.
RobertBobertJun 12, 9:27 AM
Jun 12, 9:28 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@ORUGAdesu Maybe you won't criticize me for the arguments that you yourself came up with, okay? You literally quoted my comment where I talk about his significance in the original NOVEL. And just because I regret cutting his time on the show doesn't mean I don't care about the female characters on the show. I don't understand why I have to make excuses for points that I obviously didn't make, or why I have to make excuses to you for the characters that interest me. If we're playing mind reading, by the same logic I could accuse you of being misandric for reacting this way to complaints about the diminishing importance and screen time of the series' most important male character.

And we were never promised that Hazuki and Midori would be so important main characters (Not even mentioning that you seem to imply that only the main characters are important), this 4 girl ensemble formula is pretty typical for all-female shows and you can find a similar approach in a ton of other similar shows like the recent YoruKura.
@RobertBobert You care about the novel when you don't know eupho from the novel but from the anime. And it doesn't look like you've read the novel at all.
I stand by what I said, it's a work in which the female characters are clearly emphasized and are the protagonists. For works where male characters are the protagonists there are many many many others. That you come to talk about the importance of male characters in a work like eupho is clearly giving me the reason.
Jun 12, 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to ORUGAdesu
@RobertBobert You care about the novel when you don't know eupho from the novel but from the anime. And it doesn't look like you've read the novel at all.
I stand by what I said, it's a work in which the female characters are clearly emphasized and are the protagonists. For works where male characters are the protagonists there are many many many others. That you come to talk about the importance of male characters in a work like eupho is clearly giving me the reason.
@ORUGAdesu Again, why do I have to justify myself to you and since when can female-focused shows not have good and meaningful male characters? It has nothing to do with whether they are the protagonist or not. Look, judging by your page, I seems to understand that you are very upset that the show has dispelled your yuri ships, but there is a limit to everything and this clearly should not be the reason for attacks on people who love the show for other things.
RobertBobertJun 12, 10:10 AM
Jun 12, 10:29 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@ORUGAdesu Again, why do I have to justify myself to you and since when can female-focused shows not have good and meaningful male characters? It has nothing to do with whether they are the protagonist or not. Look, judging by your page, I seems to understand that you are very upset that the show has dispelled your yuri ships, but there is a limit to everything and this clearly should not be the reason for attacks on people who love the show for other things.
@RobertBobert I didn't complain about the series, I complained about your comment coming from nowhere. If you have gone to look at my page you will see that what you say makes no sense when I think I have given Hibike a 10. On the other hand if we are going to go look at profiles I don't see that you are watching S3. Are you projecting on me your anger with the series?

If you like the series so much and other aspects I don't know why you are complaining truth be told. There are many series with significant male characters, but eupho is not the point that it wants to highlight and it doesn't promise you anything in that aspect either, hence my complaint.

Then you say things like Yamada was the one who cut the character, when Yamada was the second director of the series. She shared direction with Ishihara. And besides, the one who must have had more power to cut the character must have been the one in charge of the script and the composition, and that is Hanada. Not to mention that in the novel he appears just enough and necessary without having the relevant role you say he has.
Jun 12, 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to ORUGAdesu
@RobertBobert I didn't complain about the series, I complained about your comment coming from nowhere. If you have gone to look at my page you will see that what you say makes no sense when I think I have given Hibike a 10. On the other hand if we are going to go look at profiles I don't see that you are watching S3. Are you projecting on me your anger with the series?

If you like the series so much and other aspects I don't know why you are complaining truth be told. There are many series with significant male characters, but eupho is not the point that it wants to highlight and it doesn't promise you anything in that aspect either, hence my complaint.

Then you say things like Yamada was the one who cut the character, when Yamada was the second director of the series. She shared direction with Ishihara. And besides, the one who must have had more power to cut the character must have been the one in charge of the script and the composition, and that is Hanada. Not to mention that in the novel he appears just enough and necessary without having the relevant role you say he has.
@ORUGAdesu You didn't answer my question and just repeated the accusations. Once again, why do I have to justify myself to you and since when can female-focused shows not have meaningful and developed male characters? Especially if the original work had this to a significant extent? Does this also mean that male-focused shows can't have developed and meaningful female characters? Does this mean that women who care about female characters in these shows are supposedly biased against men? It just doesn't make any sense.

But since it seems that you don’t really care about my answers and just want to take out your anger on me for the return of focus on Shuichi and the gradual disappearance of yuri ships into nowhere, I simply will not answer you anymore and thus develop the dubious off-topic you started. Best wishes.
Jun 12, 1:15 PM

Jan 2020
I wonder how much worse Mushoku Tensei S3 will be after Bind splits their resources even more now with another all-girl anime. Then again, aside from Shounen like JJK, yuri and CGDCT/female lead anime is all that seems to be what truly sells now, so maybe they’ll just stop Mushoku Tensei completely and focus on this and Onimai for the future.

And yes, I admit I’m salty af that MT’s production has gone downhill thanks to Bind’s decisions
Jun 12, 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Animillion
I wonder how much worse Mushoku Tensei S3 will be after Bind splits their resources even more now with another all-girl anime. Then again, aside from Shounen like JJK, yuri and CGDCT/female lead anime is all that seems to be what truly sells now, so maybe they’ll just stop Mushoku Tensei completely and focus on this and Onimai for the future.

And yes, I admit I’m salty af that MT’s production has gone downhill thanks to Bind’s decisions
@Animillion You described what has been selling the most over the last 10-15 years. Not to mention that even 5 years ago it was even “worse” when Manga Time Kirara had to drop every 2-3 new manga in a new season to meet the demand for CGDCT adaptations. But as far as I can see, for Bing this is the same side income as for Clover Works or PAWORKS (I don't remember the last time PAWORKS released two all-female shows in one year, let alone one season). Although the latter two started doing it more often and investing more money into it after the success of Uma Musume and Bocchi.
Jun 12, 2:44 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Animillion You described what has been selling the most over the last 10-15 years. Not to mention that even 5 years ago it was even “worse” when Manga Time Kirara had to drop every 2-3 new manga in a new season to meet the demand for CGDCT adaptations. But as far as I can see, for Bing this is the same side income as for Clover Works or PAWORKS (I don't remember the last time PAWORKS released two all-female shows in one year, let alone one season). Although the latter two started doing it more often and investing more money into it after the success of Uma Musume and Bocchi.
@RobertBobert Now, back then, whenever. My point still stands. A series could be absolute shit but as long as it has some anime girls, preferably without male characters, that shit will be prioritized. Peoples’ thirst for those types of series has, to some extent, f’ed up Mushoku Tensei. Didn’t really care for how popular those types of anime are until it actually impacted a series I care for.
Jun 12, 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Animillion
@RobertBobert Now, back then, whenever. My point still stands. A series could be absolute shit but as long as it has some anime girls, preferably without male characters, that shit will be prioritized. Peoples’ thirst for those types of series has, to some extent, f’ed up Mushoku Tensei. Didn’t really care for how popular those types of anime are until it actually impacted a series I care for.
@Animillion My point is that shows like this have been a part of the industry for many years, so it's hard to say that it's just now starting to influence anime. For example, Watanabe heard advice to “don’t worry and film all-female/all-male fanservice shows” from producers back in the early 20s.
Jun 12, 2:54 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Animillion My point is that shows like this have been a part of the industry for many years, so it's hard to say that it's just now starting to influence anime. For example, Watanabe heard advice to “don’t worry and film all-female/all-male fanservice shows” from producers back in the early 20s.
@RobertBobert What “all-male fanservice” show has popped off recently? The only all-male shows I’ve heard get popular are sports and fighting series, nothing remotely close to CDCT or whatever category Onimai is. Anyway, people can like whatever they want, but it stings when studios prioritizing them ruins other series. I really hope Ufotable doesn’t do this down the road too and sacrifice the quality of DS.
Jun 12, 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Animillion
@RobertBobert What “all-male fanservice” show has popped off recently? The only all-male shows I’ve heard get popular are sports and fighting series, nothing remotely close to CDCT or whatever category Onimai is. Anyway, people can like whatever they want, but it stings when studios prioritizing them ruins other series. I really hope Ufotable doesn’t do this down the road too and sacrifice the quality of DS.
@Animillion This is not about any particular show, but about the general message “make a show about waifus and hasubendos and don’t waste your energy on deep plot shows.” Otherwise, I think it all depends on funding. PAWORKS left the all-female show alone until they needed additional funding.
Jun 12, 4:45 PM

Jun 2019
Is this yuri baiting again?
Another straight guy with yuri hints?
Another queer baiting with yuri hints?
Answer:Yes
The Creator might screw up the yuri be careful.Dont yuri ship
Jun 12, 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Animillion
@Animillion It's a shame that Studio Bind once again risks allocating its best staff to this series by abandoning Mushoku Tensei. When it comes to having a CGDCT/Female leads these days, you can be sure that from now on they'll be pulling out all the stops to make it a success, at least for the major studios. Today's 'otakus' want their cute waifus and their yuri bait, so they can fantasise about them to the exclusion of everything else (see the Magical Girls ecchi anime in January).

It saddens me because the industry is tending towards a proliferation of this kind of CGDCT clone anime and other yuri bait (like generic Isekai but they rarely have good productions) and it's a genre that I don't give a damn about and that puts me to sleep. In 3 years, half of seasonal anime will be filled with this stuff.
Jun 12, 5:05 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to IzayoiSk
@Animillion It's a shame that Studio Bind once again risks allocating its best staff to this series by abandoning Mushoku Tensei. When it comes to having a CGDCT/Female leads these days, you can be sure that from now on they'll be pulling out all the stops to make it a success, at least for the major studios. Today's 'otakus' want their cute waifus and their yuri bait, so they can fantasise about them to the exclusion of everything else (see the Magical Girls ecchi anime in January).

It saddens me because the industry is tending towards a proliferation of this kind of CGDCT clone anime and other yuri bait (like generic Isekai but they rarely have good productions) and it's a genre that I don't give a damn about and that puts me to sleep. In 3 years, half of seasonal anime will be filled with this stuff.
@IzayoiSk Couldn’t agree more friend. It saddens me that there may come a day where most series I enjoy is ruined by these studios who want to push all the good stuff aside in favour of the CGDCT/yuri stuff.
Jun 12, 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Animillion
@IzayoiSk Couldn’t agree more friend. It saddens me that there may come a day where most series I enjoy is ruined by these studios who want to push all the good stuff aside in favour of the CGDCT/yuri stuff.
@Animillion Yep it's sad, as I mentioned in my post, I give 2-3 years before the majority of anime will be of this type (CGDCT). Just look at the 3 comments on the CGDCT Na Nare Hana Nare anime news where they mention they'll watch it because it's "cute" so of course they're talking about the nicely designed female cast. People don't care about anything else as long as the girls are pretty and do pointless cute things.

Yeah, I'm salty too.
Jun 12, 5:18 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to IzayoiSk
@Animillion Yep it's sad, as I mentioned in my post, I give 2-3 years before the majority of anime will be of this type (CGDCT). Just look at the 3 comments on the CGDCT Na Nare Hana Nare anime news where they mention they'll watch it because it's "cute" so of course they're talking about the nicely designed female cast. People don't care about anything else as long as the girls are pretty and do pointless cute things.

Yeah, I'm salty too.
@IzayoiSk I just saw that. What a waste of a concept for an “anime original”
Jun 12, 5:18 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@ORUGAdesu You didn't answer my question and just repeated the accusations. Once again, why do I have to justify myself to you and since when can female-focused shows not have meaningful and developed male characters? Especially if the original work had this to a significant extent? Does this also mean that male-focused shows can't have developed and meaningful female characters? Does this mean that women who care about female characters in these shows are supposedly biased against men? It just doesn't make any sense.

But since it seems that you don’t really care about my answers and just want to take out your anger on me for the return of focus on Shuichi and the gradual disappearance of yuri ships into nowhere, I simply will not answer you anymore and thus develop the dubious off-topic you started. Best wishes.
@RobertBobert I have answered your question. Another thing is that you didn't understand.

RobertBobert said:
Again, why do I have to justify myself to you and since when can female-focused shows not have good and meaningful male characters?

It depends on the genre and its target audience. There are animes with full cast female that just avoids that. There are mixed cast anime with female protagonists that do have significant male characters and those that do not. But we were talking about Hibike and that is what I have answered. In Eupho no, it's not the point of the work, neither in the anime nor in the novel. But it's something you should realize on your own.

RobertBobert said:
Especially if the original work had this to a significant extent?

Not true, you are fitting it to your speech, he has it but not to a great extent. And even if in the novel the character is more prominent, it's not in the anime and that's what you've watched, so your complaint is about something you've not even been able to get attached to. Your complaint is born more out of desire than reality.

RobertBobert said:
Does this also mean that male-focused shows can't have developed and meaningful female characters?

Huh? Are you really asking this? That's what happens most of the time, much more than the other way around, but the answer is the same as before, it depends on the genre and the target audience. Have you ever seen any spokon to ask me this question?

RobertBobert said:
Does this mean that women who care about female characters in these shows are supposedly biased against men? It just doesn't make any sense.

What? I think you're missing the point...

RobertBobert said:

The only one who keeps going in circles asking the same thing over and over is you. You even copy what I say and throw it back at me senselessly.
It's incredible, you complain about Shuuichi's lack of focus and now you say he's gotten the focus back? But do you even make sense? If he's gotten the focus back then why are you complaining and why aren't you watching the series?
There's nothing dubious about my intervention. I'm pointing out that your off-topic complaint is due to sexism. And I didn't expect you to justify anything to me, just to point it out for reflection. Best wishes for you too.
Jun 12, 5:24 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Animillion
@IzayoiSk I just saw that. What a waste of a concept for an “anime original”
@Animillion In any case, strength and courage, my friend, in these darkening times for Japanese animation.

I hope it's just a passing fad, but my instinct tells me that we're just at the beginning. Anime with unique stories and characters will disappear in favour of CGDCT anime with the same stereotypical characters and dubious humour, telling absolutely nothing and with 3-4 female characters taking baths, all in a slightly yuri atmosphere.
Jun 12, 5:25 PM

Jan 2020
@animegamer245 Yea, but Studio Bind has shown not to be capable of that because Mushoku Tensei took a major hit after Bind worked on Onimai as well. Some larger studios can work on multiple projects, like MAPPA is capable of (though shouldn’t)
Jun 12, 5:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
animegamer245 said:
You are aware that a studio just can't work on a single show to stay afloat right? Most studio's take on at least 2 projects. Just be glad it's not 8 like MAPPA.

I understand this, but at the same time the studios should NOT let other projects conflict one another, and they already proved us they didn't have it right with MT S2 Part 1, due to Onimai's airing.

@animegamer245
animegamer245 said:
Onimai wasn't the reason Mushoku Tensei took a hit. Most of the staff that worked on season 1 left after it was completed because they were freelancers & barely any of the staff left from Mushoku Tensei even worked on Onimai. Also season 1 took 5 years to make, whereas they only had 2 years to make season 2. This show as far as we know is basically a C-Team project.

Are you sure of that? Like I have you checked the staff for S1 vs S2? The reason I have never done that is because it is too much an hassle, and honestly it really SUCKS.

The studios was created to animate MT, and they only put all those resources on S1 and then go cheap on the rest? It is a shame because starting at the end of this season AND the next season is when the best bits of MT start.
So if they only hired all those freelancers to make a big first impact and then are not going as crazy for the other, best parts...

I dunno man, Onimai was wonderfully animated, the same care is not being put on S2 Part 2. Is it another case of them putting tons of resources for a new series again to make impact, and most were just freelancers?
WASTE.
PlaycoolJun 12, 5:54 PM
Jun 12, 6:05 PM

Jan 2020
@animegamer245 At the end of the day, all of Studio Bind’s resources weren’t being used for the anime that their studio was built for. Had they put their all into MT S2, it could’ve been as great as S1. Bind should’ve pumped out a couple of seasons of MT (like basically until the current part) and then experimented with other stuff as a side project. Onimai definitely had more put into it than a typical side project, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that MT, which aired around a similar time as Onimai, was the one that looked worse (especially S2 pt 1). We can’t control what the audience wants, but at the end of the day they’re the problem because if all they want is anime girls and no actual story or male characters, then companies will chase the money by catering to them
Jun 12, 11:29 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to IzayoiSk
@Animillion In any case, strength and courage, my friend, in these darkening times for Japanese animation.

I hope it's just a passing fad, but my instinct tells me that we're just at the beginning. Anime with unique stories and characters will disappear in favour of CGDCT anime with the same stereotypical characters and dubious humour, telling absolutely nothing and with 3-4 female characters taking baths, all in a slightly yuri atmosphere.
@IzayoiSk Again, with the same logic you could call isekai a "new trend". Manipulative all-female shows, as well as the audience overly fixated on them, have existed for many years. However, I will agree that original anime that are no different from regular CGDCT are frustrating.
Jun 13, 12:36 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@IzayoiSk Again, with the same logic you could call isekai a "new trend". Manipulative all-female shows, as well as the audience overly fixated on them, have existed for many years. However, I will agree that original anime that are no different from regular CGDCT are frustrating.
@RobertBobert All female cast shows have been around for a long time, but it's only recently that their popularity has exploded. I remember a period in 2014 when something like Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka, popular in Japan, its growth stopped there, a niche anime for the niche audience that this kind of anime represented.

Now this genre is one of the most popular and top-rated anime genres in both the West and Japan and, as luck would have it, these shows benefit from above-average productions (like Jellyfish), all due to a trend towards symbolising waifu to the viewer to the detriment of everything else, and don't try to make me believe otherwise.

Out of curiosity I went and watched a few scenes from the last episodes of Yuru Camp season 3 and on the whole ALL the episodes follow exactly the SAME storyline: Nice scenery -> They're eating -> Bath scene
And this thing scores 8.45? I'm willing to believe that there are some nice camping elements, but overall the comments I see about this anime are "They're cute when they're together" or the like. A show revered solely for the "kawaii" aspect and interactions between its heroines. The culture of nothingness.
Jun 13, 12:50 AM

Oct 2017
So they are gonna keep doing a side anime between mushoku tensei seasons.
Jun 13, 12:51 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to IzayoiSk
@RobertBobert All female cast shows have been around for a long time, but it's only recently that their popularity has exploded. I remember a period in 2014 when something like Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka, popular in Japan, its growth stopped there, a niche anime for the niche audience that this kind of anime represented.

Now this genre is one of the most popular and top-rated anime genres in both the West and Japan and, as luck would have it, these shows benefit from above-average productions (like Jellyfish), all due to a trend towards symbolising waifu to the viewer to the detriment of everything else, and don't try to make me believe otherwise.

Out of curiosity I went and watched a few scenes from the last episodes of Yuru Camp season 3 and on the whole ALL the episodes follow exactly the SAME storyline: Nice scenery -> They're eating -> Bath scene
And this thing scores 8.45? I'm willing to believe that there are some nice camping elements, but overall the comments I see about this anime are "They're cute when they're together" or the like. A show revered solely for the "kawaii" aspect and interactions between its heroines. The culture of nothingness.
@IzayoiSk I don't feel like anything has changed. There were a couple of years when we got fewer shows like this, but overall it's been going on for years since K-ON! made moe a huge trend. I agree that you can get tired of it quickly and that audiences will lionize it no matter what (though I'm not sure Yuru Camp was one of those shows), but it has long been the "new normal."
Jun 13, 9:42 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Playcool
animegamer245 said:
You are aware that a studio just can't work on a single show to stay afloat right? Most studio's take on at least 2 projects. Just be glad it's not 8 like MAPPA.

I understand this, but at the same time the studios should NOT let other projects conflict one another, and they already proved us they didn't have it right with MT S2 Part 1, due to Onimai's airing.

@animegamer245
animegamer245 said:
Onimai wasn't the reason Mushoku Tensei took a hit. Most of the staff that worked on season 1 left after it was completed because they were freelancers & barely any of the staff left from Mushoku Tensei even worked on Onimai. Also season 1 took 5 years to make, whereas they only had 2 years to make season 2. This show as far as we know is basically a C-Team project.

Are you sure of that? Like I have you checked the staff for S1 vs S2? The reason I have never done that is because it is too much an hassle, and honestly it really SUCKS.

The studios was created to animate MT, and they only put all those resources on S1 and then go cheap on the rest? It is a shame because starting at the end of this season AND the next season is when the best bits of MT start.
So if they only hired all those freelancers to make a big first impact and then are not going as crazy for the other, best parts...

I dunno man, Onimai was wonderfully animated, the same care is not being put on S2 Part 2. Is it another case of them putting tons of resources for a new series again to make impact, and most were just freelancers?
WASTE.
@Playcool You're right that analyzing every individual staff that worked on a series is a big hassle, but it's the truth. Since the industry relies heavily on freelance work, the main aspect that can make a show have a stacked team is through a snowball effect: if a show has a director and/or producer who worked with talented individuals before, it makes it way easier to bring these people in. One Punch Man 1 and Heavenly Delusion are big examples of this.

Jun 13, 10:16 AM
Nov 2018
Ignoring the coping Hibikek yuri fan,

Hana wa Saku is amazing work about a girl who lost her will to read in public, and a girl who knows how to recognize someone's talent.
The Broadcasting club is really well developed, both Female and Male characters get EQUAL development and screen time.
I don't think this will go the yuri route at all, first off, The author likes yuri why would she hide the fact she's writing a yuri work? It's because she isn't writing a yuri work. Liking yuri doesn't mean that she wants to write it.

That's why it's published in Shueisha's Ultra Jump and not a yuri-focused magazine,
it's just a classic high school drama about a club.
In fact

so if you come here expecting KyoAni's fanfiction writing, you'll get disappointed.
For everyone else? Please give this manga a try. It's great!

Bind will cook something nice I'm sure.
Jun 13, 10:35 AM

Jan 2021
I swear some Mushoku Tensei fans baffle me, the fact they complain about a studio taking another project when it is pretty standard in the industry and even some of the best studios like Madhouse and Production IG still do it, this type of complaint would be like complaining back in the day that KyoAni was doing another anime aside from a Key adaptation, just be glad it's just 2 and not 8 like MAPPA or JC Staff.
Jun 13, 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
i see some people already angry that studio bind does not prioritize mushoku tensei anymore
Jun 14, 12:39 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Oongbuh
@Playcool You're right that analyzing every individual staff that worked on a series is a big hassle, but it's the truth. Since the industry relies heavily on freelance work, the main aspect that can make a show have a stacked team is through a snowball effect: if a show has a director and/or producer who worked with talented individuals before, it makes it way easier to bring these people in. One Punch Man 1 and Heavenly Delusion are big examples of this.

@Oongbuh You are indeed right, who is directing and the contacts they have matters a lot. And there are still directors on shitty studios doing wonders due to that. I don't believe Madhouse is a good studios anymore, but they were lucky with the director they had for Frieren, such an adaptation would be very different with a different director, not only due to his talents but also who he brings together for the project.

Sad to see S1's director had more contacts than S2 Part 2, then again, we have yet to see the episode that matters the most, which will air in a few days!

Ionliosite2 said:
I swear some Mushoku Tensei fans baffle me

Your avater seems on point for you to want to annoy people further with whatever you say lol.
PlaycoolJun 24, 5:01 AM
Jun 22, 1:15 AM

Sep 2016
Another trash that I won't watch. Trashy trash.
Jun 22, 4:39 AM
Aug 2022
wait this manga is underground i thought it wouldn't had anime adaptation
Jun 22, 4:41 AM
Aug 2022
for yuri fans sadly this wasn't yuri womp womp

More topics from this board

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - 11 hours ago

4 by Yuno »»
59 minutes ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

28 by Adriannitro »»
3 hours ago

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Today

31 by deg »»
8 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Today

18 by Anime_Luv »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.