Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 10, 3:09 AM
Jan 2024
THis is getting so goooood! I love it!
Jun 10, 3:16 AM
Apr 2023
This epiaode has lots of cinematic flares like the first episode. I like it very much. I definitely didn't tear up while watching.
Jun 10, 3:17 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Honakawa_rina
For some reason, I don't even like Yoru. Here, Yoru is the source of the problem, but he feels he is the one to blame. and that makes me hate him. Same, all the problems in this anime can be solved very easily, it doesn't feel realistic.
@Honakawa_rina are you perhaps below teen or something?
Jun 10, 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Chipp12
Yeah this show has kinda lost me after episode 9. Thankfully Girls Band Cry is still a banger.
@Chipp12 Can't agree more. Well written drama vs cheap melodrama
Jun 10, 7:55 AM
May 2024
Why do these people have always come bring that series up here (you know which one) just to shit on yorukura, like, chill dude... we all know your fav series is better. Leave yorukura fans alone.

-----
On another note, this episode's full of youthful energy, not just about the story but the production behind it. I can feel the potential of Dogakobo young staff members, especially the episode director who just made a name for himself with this episode.

I'm looking forward to Staff twitter space part 2, part 1 was fun to listen to:
https://x.com/ryoppe0905/status/1799485947048087791
They were so energetic even if they streamed the space at 2 am in the morning lol.

Things they confirmed: the guy seen at the episode (through his aquarium) is the same guy as in the OP. Last week they also confirmed the guy in the OP is Kano's father, Yamanouchi Shotaro. By the way Kazuyuki Okitsu voiced the aquarium's announcer in episode 1 and Yamanouchi Shotaro/Kano's Dad. So it's possible that Kano's Dad worked at that aquarium Mahiru visited back then.
Vivid_Rabbit_Jun 10, 8:00 AM
Jun 10, 7:20 PM
Jan 2023
Loved this one, it really hit hard and fast. I really didn't expect that ending though, but it was all done very well.

JELEE kinda fell apart, but seems things will improve, gonna be a fun next couple episodes to finish this. I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left now, I just really hope they do this show justice by giving it the ending it deserves.
Jun 10, 7:27 PM
Aug 2018
Well this episode confirmed this show was yuribait unfortunately. I have a big issue with just showing yoru like once after the near disbandment of the band with her just smiling?? Especially with her literally being the reason the band is in disarray. Either shes incredibly dense or she doesn't really care about the group. Otherwise good episode but yoru is mad annoying now.
Jun 10, 10:09 PM
Mar 2023
That scene is simply indescribable, Kimura full of hate, full of frustration, why? I thought... how the hell would he let his friends, everyone's dreams, disappear, no, just not, so he does it and what is clearly seen is a cry of friendship coming from the heart, a cry of denial and love that left everyone stunned. everyone and without words, as he said, who can say no to something like that?..
Jun 11, 2:28 AM
Oct 2019
Baba becoming Mukbang Youtuber lol
All those calories jesus christ.

Idk what to say about Mahiru, I'm conflicted.

Mei singing all out from her heart got me emotional.

That post credit scene, who is Mayumi?

2 episodes left, i really hope they not gonna missed the ending.
davidyodo24Jun 11, 2:32 AM
Jun 11, 4:20 AM
Mar 2018
I'm still kinda on Kano's side, but she does need to communicate better.

Surely Mahiru will be the one to save Kiui from the upcoming big sadge.
Jun 11, 7:22 AM
May 2024
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jun 11, 9:16 AM

Jan 2024
Mei best girl fr fr...
She sang brilliantly and with so much passion despite never wanting to sing again her words reached her idol and single-handedly saved JELEE.
Also how tf this anime delivers banger week after week no weak episodes so far. Best anime this szn with MT & Konosuba.
Jun 11, 8:07 PM
Sep 2016
Mei is best girl of the series, hands down!!!! Yes, singing Mei is great, but you know what's better? Stalker Mei mode!!!!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 12, 10:30 AM
Apr 2024
Amazing simply amazing
Jun 12, 12:57 PM
May 2018
MVP Mei

Big L Yoru for still working on a project for a group that she knows absolutely traumatized her friend, which is why JELEE was formed in the first place, and acting blind while all this drama is still going on and Mei & Kiui are cleaning up the mess
Jun 12, 3:34 PM

May 2016
So this one threw me..

But at least I confirmed I can't stand Kano.

After last week I was genuinely expecting this episode to be about Mahiru sulking and Kano desperately trying to make amends for making a fool out of her. Meanwhile, Mahiru is more or less fine, sat down and got to work like a responsible, ambitious human being. The other two have to beg and plead, just so that Kano gets her entitled ass in gear after involving people in the band and then dropping out because someone said the quiet part out loud.

At this point Mahiru should probably just drop out entirely and focus on her art, instead of tying her career to someone who's already proven utterly unreliable.
I was shipping the hell out of these two, but at this point? Run, artist girl, and stay away. You can do waaaay better than this.
Jun 13, 2:40 PM
Dec 2022
I cried a lot at the song. like bawled. it was great!
Jun 14, 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
That was different.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 14, 5:30 PM
Aug 2023
i swear masterpiece
Jun 15, 3:28 AM
Jan 2024
Now have some creative development between the relationship of those girls, just gonna be fire :))
Jun 15, 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
With Mahiru and Kano's falling out that causes JELEE to go on hiatus, both Kiui and Mei have no choice but to continue their daily lives doing Kano's job. Mahiru achieving Kano's goal of the popularity of 100k followers herself being a creative, and Mei meeting another influencer of Mero Setou a.k.a Yang Guifei...plus getting a kiss from her. she's quite the eccentric one at the very least to chase her around wherever she goes, plus Kiui delivering food to Shizue for a coincidental meet. Too bad that they ditched Kano's jobs, but it's probably for the better to face their troubles onward.

For the former idol member of Mero, her realizing that Kano is in a better spot now, it's another area of jealousy. Kano may have all but lost her purpose as Mahiru moves forward with Yukine's job, and having been found out by Mei of her past exploits, even much when mentioning her own mother who took advantage of her and the same effect when done to Mahiru, both mother and daughter are ironically the same and dealt their cards to the people they love. And the news of the disbandment may not sound great to everyone, not to Mei, which the Baba mother and daughter sprinted them with Mei's rather forceful singing to reach Kano both virtually and emotionally.

Yelp, this drama feels just too heavy and forced down the throat, though the final 2 episodes will make or break the show.
Jun 18, 10:46 AM
Nov 2022
AUTHENTIC CINEMA, FROM BEGINNING TO FINISH 🚬
Yesterday, 3:45 PM
Feb 2015
Mei MVP, but imagine randomly going around YouTube and just pass by this whilst Mei's in the middle of singing without knowing anything about JELEE :')
Mei and Kiui really held the fort down in Kano and Mahiru's absence

It was nice we at least get to see some snippet of Mero's past and how she became who she is now, yet another girl in need of some kinda therapy sheesh this anime doesn't go light on characters that need it

Sad that it's now Kiui who's gonna have to take the blow on something, I thought she already had her moment of despair but now again, poor girl can't get a break
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Oct 2016
Eh, a bit overdramatic for my taste.
Today, 5:07 AM

Jun 2020
I would definitely and totally cringe to death if I watch a singing livestream like that but ughh this episode hits me harder than the previous.

The post-credit scene though...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

157 by LightningC04 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4

223 by JBCena »»
2 hours ago

» Worst Yuri Bait, I have seen in Years

Theannoy3rd1 - Jun 22

43 by chaosprophet »»
5 hours ago

» Season 2?

Koyorides_ - Yesterday

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Today, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

200 by chocomayu »»
Today, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.