Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 9:21 AM

Dec 2021
We've got the best boy and the best doggo all in one show, huh.

Lately, Hikari has been fascinated with the new neighbors. Their new friend is Ran, the beloved dog of the newlywed Iwata family. It's become a daily routine for Hikari to write letters and hand-deliver them directly. However, there's one problem: Hikari loves Ran but is scared of his large size. Still eager to become friends, Hikari seeks advice from Hiromu and decides to take action the next day.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Ran in the future.

May 27, 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
Hii rescued me from a very bad day.
May 27, 7:33 PM

Feb 2019
Yuki's so clueless about what he just said to Matsu, and there Matsu sat trying not to have a panic attack at the implication of meeting each other's family lol Is that a new playmate for Hi-kun that just appeared?
May 28, 12:16 AM

Jun 2023
Hii-kun's letters and his new friend 🥰😍
May 28, 1:01 AM

Mar 2012
From what I've read, the part of the Fujiyoshi's visiting Masaki's hometown again is not from the manga but an extra story with the Drama CD. I like the additional story. Hiro's family is close by and will be inevitably more present to bond with our main family compared to Masaki's, so it is nice to see that the relations in Masaki's side is going better as well. Seeing Kazuhiko further think back on his past actions was nice. Even if he exited on an OK note last time, his character for that episode was quite ???. Hiromu being one syllable away from saying クソガキ lol

Kazuhiko: your husband... is cool
Masaki: Right??? ^_^ (he is so cute)

Yuuki!!! Asking about Matsuo's family and wondering if he can get along with them immediately after their conversation about marriage? Telling Matsuo that he will introduce him to his father next time?? He seems to be imagining a life with Matsuo but not really thinking much on what it really entails. Matsuo, stay strong! Hiromu will be having so much fun teasing Matsuo if he hears about this

I love Lan-kun...

edit: Initially thought the story about visiting the hometown again is an original but a comment in the ep9 thread said it's from the mangaka too.
Otamegane0988Jun 6, 7:55 PM
May 28, 8:34 AM
Dec 2009
Anyone knows Kazuhiko’s seiyuu? He’s not listed. He makes me think to Terashima Junta but I’m not sure!
May 28, 12:25 PM

May 2015
Reply to Mayu-Chan
Anyone knows Kazuhiko’s seiyuu? He’s not listed. He makes me think to Terashima Junta but I’m not sure!
@Mayu-Chan He's not listed on the official site either, so we probably will never know unless they add him later.
May 28, 1:30 PM

Jun 2023
Our Yuuki is sooooo dense wwwwwwww
May 28, 7:06 PM

Jan 2010
So this episode was basically all original content. Didn't really understand the point of this episode...The stuff with the dog was..cute I guess, but felt like pointless filler. I guess they wanted to include more of Misaki's asshole cousin to give him more...or a purpose? But again, more pointless filler that didn't feel needed when you read the manga. I actually watched the episode on super-speed LOL. That's now uninterested and bored I was.

I also don't know how they are gonna end this season... the anime hasn't even covered volume 3 of the manga..anime might have to come up with an original ending to properly conclude things.
May 29, 6:26 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Mayu-Chan
@Mayu-Chan You're right. Terashima Junta is listed as the seiyuu for Kazuhiko (I went back to the episode and he was in the 2nd set of cast credits haha).
EDIT: I tried submitting a voice actor role for his work here, let's see if it gets approved.
Otamegane0988May 29, 6:32 AM
May 29, 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to Mayu-Chan
@Mayu-Chan He's Terashima Junta. He played Kazuhiko in the Drama CD as well and he wrote in his twitter that he was glad to play him again. Ichikawa Ichi, original author of TadaOka wrote about Kazuhiko and Terashima Junta after the episode.
May 30, 10:13 PM

Dec 2022
Ran is such a good doggo.

It's quite understandable with Hikari being scared since a lot of people can have fear of dogs.
Jun 11, 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
A new neighbour to see with Hikari, it's housewife Iwata and Ran, her golden retriever, which he's quite scared of it being a big dog.

Despite that, Hikaru always writing letters for the dog, and the scaredy dog that he is, subsequently overcomes his fear and is able to cuddle Ran. Once again, the family gets invited back home from his father, surprising Kazuhiko once again, and revealing more of his relationship with Masaki as a fragile child. That's what Hiromu is here for, despite his tragic past, he's here to protect his present and future going forward.

Yuki of course, getting all analytic on Masaki and Hiromu's marriage being very hectic, he finds that he's not ready for it, though he wants to fit within Matsuo's family...as a potential partner. Another round of reassurement between Masami and Hiromu, and peaceful lives returned once more...with another friend?

Hamburg steak and tomatoes...
Jun 12, 9:53 PM

Mar 2008
Good doggy being gentle with Hikari.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 24

26 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

18 by BonBonToro »»
Jun 26, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 3

22 by BonBonToro »»
Jun 26, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 17

27 by Ten »»
Jun 25, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 20

22 by traed »»
Jun 12, 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.