Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
It's a bit ridiculous that she would get busted like 6+ months after the Miiko gig.
Either no one recognized her or it happens immediately. She was a big name after all.
That's why I thought they would dox her from another gig (maybe this one) and use it as the climax

Kiui flexing her computer things was also a bit silly.
Well it's sweet and all, those fanarts but it's no match to an actual crowd lol. People pretended it's almost as good the real thing because of covid but it isn't.
Her acting all high and mighty about the online virtual aspect was funny. Felt forced in because the show had to utilize her 'tech whiz vtuber' status

Finally the song was mid.

Fuck I do sound like a hater but I'm not, I root for this the most out of all shows this season
May 27, 11:30 AM
Mar 2018
So strange how sudden the dilemma came into this episode and how quickly it was resolved.
May 27, 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Chol_Yerlow
So strange how sudden the dilemma came into this episode and how quickly it was resolved.
@Chol_Yerlow It's by design, director said he wanted every ep to be enjoyable by itself.

Still, I wouldn't call it resolved, Kano whole background is yet to be revealed.
May 27, 12:53 PM
Jan 2023
Another excellent episode. The general public seem to know about Kano now. They can't do the in person live show, but they can still do it online. Nice to see that the fans were completely overshadowing the haters.

Can't believe that Kano's mother would email Mahiru like that though wanting art off her, not cool. Will be interesting to see what she does.

Really was a joy to watch, really didn't feel like 25 mins had just gone by watching this, felt more like 5.
May 27, 1:48 PM
Apr 2023
Here I was expecting Kano to get recruited. I totally forgot about Yoru's drama of wanting to get recognized.

I can already vaguely guess what will happen next episode, if this new issue isn't resolved by next episode, it will end by those 2 fighting.

But, going with the happy go lucky flow of the story, I believe it will be another drama + conclusion story all in one episode next week.
May 27, 1:49 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Chol_Yerlow
@Chol_Yerlow every episode is like that 😂 now we can only wonder for now, if next episode drama will be resolved just as fast
May 27, 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
Wait, it's been a year already since the start of the show? Even considering the pretty fast pace this show moves - resolving almost every conflict that comes up in the same episode it's introduced - it does not feel like they've been together anything close to that long. It feels like maybe 3 months at most, definitely not a year.

This conflict in particular feels like it should take longer than half an episode to resolve, while also feeling like it should have come up much sooner given how long they've apparently been together.
AtavisticMay 27, 2:08 PM
May 27, 8:49 PM

Jun 2019
Well, the conflicts are "resolved" all within one episode (usually the same one they're introduced in) so that it could be watched on an episodic basis, but not really, because they are resolved in an open-ended way. Meaning that they still leave plenty of grounds to revisit later at any point of the series' choosing. Some shows, even thinking of more episodic sitcom-esque shows, utilize this strategy, so that yes, every episode could theoretically be watched as a standalone experience and equally enjoyable compared to all the rest of the ones which preceded and follow it, but it also leaves active kernels or threads lying dormant waiting to be reactivated at any moment for more material. Which still gives longtime watchers (I know that this is currently just slated for one cour, but I mean in the case of long-running series which are more episodic in structure) and those who intend to watch the entire series from start to finish in chronological order something rewarding and to look forward to. It's a dual purpose win-win in a sense: More instant gratification to those watching random episodes out of order or paying less attention and being less invested in a series long-term, but also the foundation for something more satisfying in the future out of the world and characters for those in it for the long haul.

Like with Kano's psychological and emotional baggage over her controversial celebrity identity, her falling out with her former idol group, and the conflict with her mother - there is so much more that can be done with all that, and probably will be in one way or another, before series' end. Similar to Yoru/Mahiru's insecurities over the quality of her art and her direction with it after high school. Similar to Yoru/Mahiru's and Kano's relationship. And some other ones. Yes, they can all seem to be introduced quickly and resolved almost immediately, which can give the series a rushed feel in the moment during that episode, but if they're further developed and expanded upon at a later point then the series as a whole won't feel that way in retrospect. At least not to me and that's how I see it.

I do find the sense of time or rate of the progression of time - however you want to characterize it, to be a bit puzzling though. Obviously part of the pleasure and freedom of any anime (and any story, really) is that it can be set anytime anywhere and cover as small or large a period as the author desires. Sometimes anime do mirror the passage of real time in that a two cour series which runs for, say, 24 episodes, may have six months pass, the same amount of time it took to air, in the universe of the show. Or sometimes it will be double that length of time in the show's universe, like say a year passed in-universe for a show of that same length. But considering this is only a one cour series (at least for the time being), I did find it a bit shocking and jarring to have had so much time passed in their world for only seven weeks passed or eight episodes worth of content in ours. It would seem a little fast even if they reached the one year anniversary mark by season's/series' end in episode 12, but the fact that it already happened and it is only two-thirds of the way through in episode eight made me kind of re-evaluate in hindsight how I looked at some past episodes and everything that happened.

It's interesting because you could tell this exact same story with these exact same events, or some similar ones, as other anime have done, and have it take place over like a few weeks or a month. I do feel as if, in the case of this series, the time progression would feel more natural and fitting if it was like a few months at most. Maybe that wouldn't facilitate something they wanted to do in the story like an explicitly acknowledged and named one year anniversary project and milestone celebrated by the characters. But it still might better serve the series in terms of the sort of feel of the tempo.
WatchTillTandavaMay 27, 9:03 PM
May 28, 8:34 PM
Oct 2019
Sleepover in Love Hotel LMAO

God damn that creepy bastard hater.

Great success live gig, another fantastic song.
Added another JELEE songs to my Spotify playlist.

At last Mother Villain is here.
May 30, 12:30 PM
Dec 2017
I wonder if Kano was doxxed by her mother? (At the very beginning of ep.8 "RGB lights guy" already received the scoop info and photo through an online message, it wasn't his own discovery.) It would be convenient for mother-cum-rival-producer to have a puppet otaku publishing the scandal.
Jun 2, 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
I Miss the days of online concerts, those day were lit asf, esp since we could interact more and its more accessible. Idk why these kinds of online concerts stopped being a thing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 5, 10:43 AM
Nov 2022
The past attacks again, it is clear that it was going to happen at some point, I liked that Kano faced it with maturity without "drowning in a glass of water" seeing what he has now and taking advantage of it, nice.
Jun 8, 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
JELEE's 1st anniversary doing a live covert gig, it's a big step forward, and everyone having a sleepover camp is great. But Mei choosing the location...it's rather unkempt to choose a love hotel, and everyone is experiencing this for the first time, so why not? Getting an aquarium-themed room is a good choice, and making this their temporary HQ to please their fans with the gig concert plan, Kano REALLY wants to make her dream work together with the girls: a Halloween concert where they'll remain as their masked anonymous selves, keeping with the main themes intact. If there's ever a better time for these group of 4 girls, it's now.

Unfortunately, Kano being doxxed, as well as the venue they're supposed to perform at receiving death threats, nothing will stop them from achieving that dream. It's only the issues that force them to rethink about their plans, and instead, create an illusion of fan art as encouragement from the fans, even if doing it remotely on a live stream. This gives Kano a huge boost to overcome her past, as well as put all negative connotations aside, for the world is theirs.

Impressive chemistry on an impressive episode in an already impressive series. These girls can go to great heights.
Aug 3, 5:06 PM

Jul 2023
a low-life vtuber doxxing Nano, but they were able to salvage the gif and come out stronger. Even Nano's mother reached out to Yoru to commission an art, but it is likely she will reconcile with Nano.
Aug 15, 7:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This is the first episode I thought wasn’t well paced in the show, the drama came and went really quickly and they skipped two whole months and Kano was STILL upset about the concert not turning out the way they wanted, yeah I get it’s a rough situation but damn, you’re telling me after all that time she didn’t get a better mindset about it? Idk man, it just didn’t sit right with me lol, plus there was that cheesy rain scene which was cute, but that one felt a bit extra to me.

But, the episode was still overall a good one, lots of cute and funny moments in the first half when the girls were scouting a place to make their new song, and then the Kano dress-up sequence which had Kim squeeing her soul out lol. And the performance was very very nice, beautiful art and animation, and the what the concert meant was a good statement as well, but I’m just wondering what it was Mahiru was doing up there lol, I get she was drawing but I really feel like that’s akin to her playing the triangle from before, there’s not much she can do on stage besides play the pencil lol, these girls really need a live band or something because what they do just works better for posting songs online. And I guess that’s the end of my griping lol, I feel bad that I felt the need to do it for this show but it is what it is, it’s still overall a great show, now I’m interested in what this next plot with Kano’s mom is about.
Aug 15, 11:49 PM

Dec 2023
As of late the problem isn't punching idols but the lack thereof. Kano should be engaging in more fisticuffs with idols! Piano hapa changing back to a ponytail is at least a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, she's setting herself up for Paris syndrome and what's even more sad is me finding out speeddotcom is not an internet speed test site. The love hotel scene is missing the obligatory character accidentally turns on an adult video while the other character(s) is in the shower. A specifically colored-umbrella too!? Do not get so brazen with your demands. Kano is way too excited over tripping red flags.

Listen up, Yoru! If you have time to be drawing during the stream you have time to be responding to chat. Speaking of doxxing idols being a thing this season there's also sudden contact with your future mother-in-law. Listen up, Yoru! You can't accept a commission from Jelee's blood enemies!
Aug 22, 9:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Love hotels are luxurious damn xD Too bad they discovered Kano's past identity but at least they managed to perform live, now someone want a commission from Yoru? wow
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.