Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 5:43 PM

May 2024
I have more than 2 terabyte of anime in my hard disk and i really don't know how to watch, every time i try to watch something i got fomo and strat feeling like i should watch something else, how do you guys tackle your backlog or your plan to watch list?
May 22, 5:55 PM

Apr 2024
Develop a sense of whether something is most likely going to be worth your time, based on how it looks, how it sounds, what director has filmed it, what studio, how high it is rated on MAL and how critically acclaimed it is, is it a known cult classic or not, whether it is recommended by people who you trust, and so on. Start with works that qualify the most.

If you can't do it, you deserve to suffer through random watching and FOMO :3

But definitely don't forget to watch Madoka Magica and Black Rock Shooter TV. BRS TV is a great tribute to Madoka Magica and you should watch it even if you are not smart enough to enjoy it, just for the reason why classical literature is taught in schools and colleges despite many students are unable to appreciate it - it is a part of our culture and you should know about it even if you are not made for it.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 22, 6:02 PM

Mar 2008
Sometimes you can skip OPs and EDs but you have to be careful not to miss post credit scenes and on some occasions the OPs and EDs change or have actual scenes shown mid credit so you kinda have to be cautious skipping through.

I usually watch while eating or in some rare occasions while I am taking a shower or soaking in a tub. I get behind because I pause too much and get lost in my thoughts and wind up doing something else which slows me down a lot so try to learn to focus better and not have to rewind scenes.
May 22, 6:03 PM

Aug 2018
2 terabytes? How many anime shows is that? Anyway, just take your time. Use a random generator or something.
May 22, 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
By not having that big of a backlog in the first place. I've already screwed myself with games.
May 22, 6:16 PM

May 2021
Reply to FanofAction
By not having that big of a backlog in the first place. I've already screwed myself with games.
@FanofAction Too true, I'm way behind on my list of games.

For real though the only thing you can really do is pick an anime and finish it. If you are looking at 100+ anime... Well good luck because I am too.

I'm not sure how you'd deal with FOMO in anime watching. I don't think there is a new battlepass coming to take away the last one so you should have time.
May 22, 6:24 PM

Aug 2021
I tallied up the number of episodes in the MAL top 10 (1255, if you include prequels: like all of Gintama, and Bleach in addition to Thousand Year Blood War). I made a chart with all the numbers, and now I’m just hammering through it. At the moment, it is basically just Bleach all the time, with a little bit of Gintama here and there. But yeah, if I watch at least 4 episodes a day, I am set to finish the top 10 by the end of the year.

Taking into account all the anime I’ve already watched, it would be another 1200 episodes to clear the top 50 next year (again, watching all prequels and sequels, so like all of Monogatari, instead of just Owari and Kizu).

Keeping a chart and crossing off episodes helps you feel like you are actually catching up. Not sure if I will actually do the top 50, since there other anime I want to watch, but I am enjoying my tracking. (And the Arrancar arc of Bleach, which is all new to me!)
«努力と根性!»
May 22, 6:33 PM

Dec 2022
By not having one. I only download anime the moment I intend to watch it, so as to not fill half my desktop's total storage capacity with pointless files I'm not actually going to access any time soon.

Shaded Horizon

May 23, 3:20 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
It's very simple:
>pick random anime
>intrusive thoughts kick in
>feel like I should watch something else
>force yourself to ignore those thoughts and continue watching
May 23, 3:23 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to Archean-Return
By not having one. I only download anime the moment I intend to watch it, so as to not fill half my desktop's total storage capacity with pointless files I'm not actually going to access any time soon.
Archean-Return said:
so as to not fill half my desktop's total storage capacity with pointless files I'm not actually going to access any time soon.

Not pointless considering that we could lose easy access to pirated media in a few years. What are you gonna do then? Watch censored/cut anime on crunchyroll?
May 23, 3:45 AM

Nov 2023
Don't mass download stuff from your ptw, only do it after you put 1 in watch list, focus and don't tap on anything else, after done, delete
May 23, 3:51 AM

Dec 2022
BigBoyAdvance said:
Not pointless considering that we could lose easy access to pirated media in a few years. What are you gonna do then? Watch censored/cut anime on crunchyroll?
What makes you think that? Corporations have been trying to stamp out piracy for decades, yet it's still going strong. It's not as simple as typing "PirateBay" on a search engine and clicking the first result: there's a higher barrier-to-entry than that, but there's always an avenue to pirated media somewhere. Visits to piracy websites have actually increased 12% in the last four years, so it's by no means a dying practice, especially when services like Adobe Acrobat are actually less buggy and intrusive when installed illegally.

If you have the storage space for 2TB of anime files, then go ahead. I opt for installing and then deleting a series once I've finished it instead, without any noticeable detriments.

Shaded Horizon

May 23, 3:53 AM

May 2014
Don't be afraid to drop shows! If you aren't feeling it after 1 episode, drop it and try something else. I had 1000 or something shows in my PTW list in the past, but my goal was never to finish all those series, it was just to give them 1 episode and if I liked it I'd continue.
May 23, 4:06 AM

Aug 2016
I've been making some progress on my own these past few months as well. What I've found works for me is to filter out a shortlist of shows you *really* want to see, and slowly make your way through those first. If you dont know which one of those to pick to watch first, just start from the top of the list and work your way down. Once you've gone through those, make a new shortlist from the shows remaining, and repeat.

Also, if you're not feeling a particular show, don't force yourself to push through it, as you're just going to burn yourself out quicker. It's okay to drop shows if you're not enjoying them (something that took me far too long to realise...)
May 23, 7:18 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to Archean-Return
BigBoyAdvance said:
What makes you think that? Corporations have been trying to stamp out piracy for decades, yet it's still going strong. It's not as simple as typing "PirateBay" on a search engine and clicking the first result: there's a higher barrier-to-entry than that, but there's always an avenue to pirated media somewhere. Visits to piracy websites have actually increased 12% in the last four years, so it's by no means a dying practice, especially when services like Adobe Acrobat are actually less buggy and intrusive when installed illegally.

If you have the storage space for 2TB of anime files, then go ahead. I opt for installing and then deleting a series once I've finished it instead, without any noticeable detriments.
I am naively optimistic

Good luck bro. Not gonna share my files with you once the internet becomes compromised.
May 23, 7:26 AM
Right now I have:

^^^I'll be watching these anime for the next couple of weeks (except conan)
I suggest downloading anime that you're interested in *right now* and also downloading just a few
May 23, 7:29 AM

Jan 2022
That's simple: delete it all.
You're welcome.
May 23, 7:41 AM
Mar 2021
My backlog was over 600 anime, I accumulated that amount from anime I found through youtube videos, top lists, word of mouth, personal anime that caught my eye as well as recommendations from friends.

A few days ago I cut that amount to roughly half just by going of the animes average score. Basically every anime that has less than 7.5 got removed and every anime where I have read the manga already got removed as well.

This way I „shortened“ my backlog successfully and cut it in half leaving only the really good stuff in it.

When it comes to watching, I usually use a randomizer that chooses a random anime from my plan to watch list and watch that, if I am not in the mood for the chosen anime I just reroll until something comes up that interests me.
May 23, 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
There were times when I started watching alphabetically or made small lists of 10 or so animes and chose one randomly
May 23, 12:01 PM

Feb 2018
Easiest way would be to have help from someone sensitive to what you might like (e.g a friend)
"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions."
May 23, 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
Lol 2 terabytes of anime...sounds like too much...I only have 500 gigabytes of it...
May 23, 9:01 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Ratris_Decision
Don't mass download stuff from your ptw, only do it after you put 1 in watch list, focus and don't tap on anything else, after done, delete
Ratris_Decision said:

^Pretty much this or watch how many you can in alphabetically or chronologically that's comfortable for you.
May 23, 9:04 PM

Feb 2020
I have 1.44 terabytes of anime, but I have only kept the ones that I have rated a 8-10/10. Otherwise, I would have easily over 2 terabytes.
May 23, 9:10 PM

Apr 2024
Do watch parties with people. The social expectation of what show is to be watched might outweigh FOMO for a while.

also, really think: Miss out on what? Absurd amounts of fandom drama in the moment it happens? Nah, small, now-dead fandoms are where it's at.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
May 24, 6:17 AM

May 2024
Reply to LenRea
That's simple: delete it all.
You're welcome.
@LenRea yeah I'm actually considering this
May 24, 6:37 AM
Mar 2024
I'm not keeping up at all. I'm lagging behind, watching some anime that came out a long time ago when everyone else has already seen it. But I'm not chasing after numbers.
May 25, 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
How long did it take you to accumulate 2 terabytes of anime lol?? Two years? 5 years? 10 years?
May 25, 10:06 AM

Jun 2012
Flush your hard-drive and start one show at a time.

You can also use a random number generator to pick shows out and then either watch them to completion or drop them on the spot if you don't enjoy them.
May 25, 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
I don't download that much anime tbh. Who would lol?
May 25, 2:38 PM

May 2024
Reply to DesuMaiden
How long did it take you to accumulate 2 terabytes of anime lol?? Two years? 5 years? 10 years?
@DesuMaiden i strated in 2020 becuase the lockdown so around 4 years
May 25, 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
Ignore it. It is all the same thing. Repeated over and over again. No need to see copypasta each and everyday.
May 26, 12:19 AM

Dec 2012
Binge marathons of course. There are 24 hours in a day, a 12 episode series takes under 6 hours to watch so you can watch at least 2 or 3 of them in one day and still get plenty of sleep. Do that on the days you don't have work or class or whatnot and you'll be done pretty quick. I'd use alphabetical order to pick for me, but that's just me.
KruszerMay 26, 12:27 AM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 26, 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Xenofight
@DesuMaiden i strated in 2020 becuase the lockdown so around 4 years
@Xenofight so which sites do you download from btw??
May 26, 11:36 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
@DesuMaiden 3137 wow congratulations its coming closer and closer.
May 26, 12:01 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Fluffygreygrass
Right now I have:

^^^I'll be watching these anime for the next couple of weeks (except conan)
I suggest downloading anime that you're interested in *right now* and also downloading just a few
@Fluffygreygrass

Jesus Christ why are you so annoying and fake moe it’s so gross 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2:26 AM

May 2024
Reply to DesuMaiden
@DesuMaiden i use nyaa, but i have heard that they recently closed

More topics from this board

» Isekais that you think are actually good and why

IpreferEcchi - Sep 16

41 by Sheol01 »»
1 minute ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

57 by bossunhimeswitch »»
5 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 2 hours ago

8 by LoveYourSmile »»
6 minutes ago

» Is anime too mainstream? ( 1 2 )

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

71 by ScaryOwl »»
20 minutes ago

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

26 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.