Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode deals with an urban legend, an interesting one tbh. It sounds like something out of a horror movie when the news goes around that it's about a girl in red clothes.

An eerie episode for sure but ties with the overall themes of this show really well. Nice to also see Oto stepping it up with her role this time around.
May 15, 7:08 AM

Dec 2021
It's a café where every item on the menu contains eggs, even the water...

Shizuku Hayami, a girl struggling with family relationships, left her rural home and now works at a maid café. She is searching for her friend Tomoko, who disappeared on a rainy day a year ago. Based on the red clothing seen in the last video call, Ren predicts a connection to the eerie Taiwanese urban legend, The Little Girl in Red. However, the absence of knocking or rain in the legend troubles them. Determined to help Shizuku, Oto starts the search, brushing off Ren's overprotective concerns.

So, I decided to Google the stuff here. Couldn't confirm the one from 2014 (couldn't be bothered). But I checked out the one from 1994, and there's a video clip of it online. Did I watch it? Pfft. Nope. I'd rather not have a strange ghost girl knocking on my door, thank you very much. From the observations of past incidents, that being one, curses and possessions seem to play a significant role. While I don't believe we need to worry too much about named characters dying, there's always the possibility of a twist of some sorts. Maybe Ren will find himself in harm's way once more.

Oto and Shizuku… how will they get out of this one, hopefully, safely?
IzanaSolosMay 15, 3:22 PM

May 15, 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
This arc is clearly just an excuse to have Oto in a maid uniform.
May 15, 9:17 AM
Oct 2019
cool episode, I wanted to see Adashino-kun interacting with them more, but I think it's to prepare him for a bigger event
May 15, 9:42 AM

May 2019
Ngl, Oto in a maid uniform looks really cute but so was the uniform she wore while searching for the missing girl Tomoko. Speaking of which, Tomoko is the culprit according to Sumireko, interesting. I wonder if that also means that if Shizuku or Oto get kidnapped if they become 'it' because that's what Ren was alluding to I think.

Side note, I'm impressed at Oto's appetite as she can really pack it down.
May 15, 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
They know what happened to Tomoko She is the ghost who has been killing people
May 15, 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
Scariest episode yet.
May 15, 11:00 AM
Nov 2022
Of course, it was about time that they would start censoring the panty shots too. Now people can no longer say that it's only the nudity being censored in the anime.
May 15, 11:21 AM
Feb 2024
This episode was amazing, I loved hearing all about the hong yi xiao hai so much, ghost stories like this really pique my interest. I'm happy that we got to learn additional background too, like how when one person disappears another one reappears. They mentioned it being like a baton relay, but is that what it is? Or is it a trade? The blending of lore to create the Curiosity reminds me of how rumors dictated how Yokai behave in Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun
Oto was so cute this episode too!!
May 15, 11:34 AM
Sep 2023
The episode was a bit scary compared to other episodes😨
May 15, 12:13 PM

Jun 2020
Decent episode indeed! Way to go!!!
May 15, 1:19 PM
Nov 2023
The best key-frame in the history of anime:
May 15, 2:34 PM

Jul 2022
Quite interesting! I liked how Sumireko connected the dots and moved the case forward, originating from somewhere else like Taiwan and having a whole backstory and everything. Now let's see how they solve the case and if they manage to save Tomoko.

By the way, I liked the way they developed Shizuku's personality; She is as mysterious as the case itself, just as her friends said, like a cat haha.

PS: Does child exploitation not exist in Japan? I know it was just a scene at a certain time, but it's not like they were family or close friends or anything to have that confidence to put it to work haha.
May 15, 3:22 PM

Feb 2019
Cool episode that got us closer to solving the case of Tomoko’s disappearance. As usual, lot of cool lore this time from real life with the Hong yi xiao nu hai being a real folklore in Taiwan. Sumireko connecting all the dots leading us to Tomoko being the culprit, etc.

I like how the curiosities are basically a blend of lore and rumours, reminds me a lot of Hanako kun and Kyokou suiri. With the whole “baton relay” aspect of the curiosity, I wonder if Oto or Shizuku will end up getting kidnapped and turning into red hood as well.

Lot of good Oto moments today. Teased a little more about she and Rin’s backstory, but it’s obvious she sees a lot of herself in Tomoko in terms of how Tomoko has no family and no one to come save her.

The maid cafe gig felt random af and is no one checking IDs or birth certificates to get jobs 😂 but Occhan did look cute in her maid outfit.

They keep giving us little crumbs but I really wanna know more about Rin and Oto origin story and where they came from.

Excited for next episode. Crazy this is so slept on
Marinate1016May 15, 4:45 PM
May 15, 4:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This makes the 2nd week in a row where I watched an anime where a glasses girl works at a maid cafe, I know it’s not that unique of a combo but still kinda funny lol, the other show was 3D Kanojo for anyone wondering. And this was quite the interesting episode for building up the current mystery with this missing person Tomoko, I liked that in the 2nd half of the episode it was a back and forth between Sumireko and Adashino connecting the dots with missing person cases and Oto being a goofy maid and accidentally doing her job too well lol.

And man they went and got us with the cliffhanger, right when it was getting kinda spooky, and I was surprised to see that Tomoko herself was at the door, I’m guessing there’s some kind of possession going on because of how they described the body discoveries and missing person cases connecting like a baton pass, I’m interested in seeing how Oto and Shizuku handle the situation before Sumireko arrives, I’m betting Shizuku is tempted to answer the door because it looks like her friend, that would be upsetting to see after she’s been gone for so long after all.
May 15, 7:02 PM
Jan 2020
Nice that this episode went back to solving urban legend mysteries. The last couple episodes seemed a bit early to have as chill slice of life-like stories. I want anime X-Files.
May 15, 8:34 PM
Apr 2023
That's a good balance of Oto-cuteness and plot twist in one episode.
May 16, 12:24 AM
Aug 2015
Not sure why this keeps getting transliterated backwards? The Hiragana reads Girasaki.

May 16, 6:24 AM

Jun 2016
forget about the story (honestly not too bad )

otto-chan is really cute and adorable girl
May 16, 7:37 AM

Jan 2017
And at last all the ecchi and weird fanservice is over (temporarily?) and we're finally back to the sweet creepy stuff! What a cliffhanger though
May 16, 9:57 AM
Sep 2021
The tension is real, from the previous episode, the horror, suspense & thriller elements are getting good.
May 16, 7:19 PM

Mar 2008
Oto-chan makes a cute maid.

Huh this is an actual urban legend mentioned. I should be paying attention to where these comes from.

Ahhh cliffhangers
May 16, 11:28 PM

Oct 2022
Even during serious scenes, Ren doesn't miss a chance to make fun of Sumireko for being a virgin

May 17, 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
It's half-way, it's a waste to drop the show.
May 17, 2:50 PM

Feb 2016
That's the episode that I was expecting from the begining. An episode with research, library consult, and a lot of street, and not a child academy episode!
May 17, 7:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh boy Oto in a cute maid outfit serving clumsily throwing every shit on you, kinda be the best part of the episode. Glad that Tomoko coworker found the idea, need to bless them with careness, you head maid...

Anyway about the disappearance matter, i like how you imagine it as a baton relay game, where the one who's being disappeared actually trying to find another victim to be disappeared, by knocking in the rainy night.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Girl in red.
You what?
You vanished!

But seriously tho, what's the first cause of it? Perhaps those foxgirl in red can explain what's goin on more? Or let's just say the case is close by letting Oto catch the kaii with her eyes opened widely, where's Tomoko goin on then after all that finished?

Looking forward to see the next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 18, 11:24 AM
Apr 2021
FUCK MANNNNN I just loveeeee Oto she’s so goddamn fucking cute like not even ur typical cute like she’s like super ultra adorably cute I love her purple eyes and long hair and shy attitude everything about her is simply perfect I love her I love her I love her🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰💜🥰😩😩🥰😩😩🥰

I understand what these “mysterious disappearance” is now I think so Japanese folklore is the main theme that’s causing the problems in this show which is cool tbh I’m learning stuff that I didn’t know at all :D
May 18, 1:08 PM
Jun 2014
Hong Yi Xiao Nu:
A little girl in red, a vanishing elderly woman, the Taiwanese origin and the fact that they're calling it by name leads me to believe this is a reference to the Taiwanese horror trilogy of the same title; 紅衣小女孩, Hong Yi Xaio Nu Hai, the Tag Along, in which a child like creature in a red dress abducts the main characters grandmother. The first film came out in 2015, the second in 2017 and the prequal film in 2018.

The monster seems to be a reference to the 魔神仔, Mo-Sin-A which is said to be a short, furry, humanoid demon that lives in the mountains and leads people into forests and caves.

I'ma be watching at least the first film now, sounds like it'll be fun.
May 19, 2:33 AM

Jul 2017
Sumireko being led by Oto down to the same Curiosity place where they've been staying, and a new case rises of the Little Girl in Red, a rather famous Taiwanese urban legend (@IzanaSolos being a Chinese has better literacy understanding than anyone else who knows the language or even heard clips of it). But as to the case of this show, while the urban legend has Oto raising up in arms for protecting Ren since he lost his vision on the last case, thanks to Shizuku's report, they have a better understanding of it, added to the context of Shizuku and Tomoko's relationship.

Sumireko doing her own research into the matter, and connected the dots for Ren to find out of the unsolved cases of missing people, being a baton relay. Also, Oto being a maid is highly hysterical being an accident-prone maid, and she fits the character. And when everything connects together, both Oto and Shizuku are in danger, because Tomoko is said Little Girl in Red Curiosity herself.

Things sure take a darker turn at every corner.

The case of the urban legend:
https://vocal.media/horror/how-a-video-of-a-little-girl-in-red-clothes-became-taiwan-s-most-terrifying-urban-legend-for-two-decades
May 19, 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting trope.
I bet they open teh doors.
May 22, 4:40 PM

Oct 2017
Maid Oto adorable. Seems like I was complicating things when it turns out it was Tomoko herself who was the curiosity. I thought Shizuku was the cat girl from the OP and she was actually Tomoko while Shizuku was the one who disappeared. Things were pretty spooky this episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

57 by Biisoo »»
May 27, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

37 by AnimeSrk »»
May 26, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

151 by NoviSun »»
May 26, 12:03 AM

» Is the ending song extremely similar to another song?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

5 by NoviSun »»
May 25, 10:20 PM

» Is Manami's situation relatable to you? (ep 2 & 3 spoilers)

Shizuna - May 24

5 by IbnAurum »»
May 24, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.