Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 13, 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
May 13, 7:45 AM
Nov 2023
Is it worth calling it a season then. Might as well be a movie just like mugen train
May 13, 7:47 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to lucas_tong_3133
Is it worth calling it a season then. Might as well be a movie just like mugen train
@lucas_tong_3133 agreed it should have been a movie since its only a 9 manga chapters arc anyway
May 13, 8:00 AM

Jan 2017

That tweet is about the collab at Ufotable's Cafe. These events almost all run 5 weeks, and that also was the case for the previous two with Kimetsu no Yaiba. On top of that, 4 Volumes of Blu-rays were announced, with the only episode on the 1st one being the double length Episode 01. A total of 5 Episodes splitted into 4 Volumes would be way too weird... In my opinion, 40 minutes of Episodes per Volume (so 6 or 7 Episodes depending on the length of the final one) seems more likely.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 13, 8:02 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alexioos95

That tweet is about the collab at Ufotable's Cafe. These events almost all run 5 weeks, and that also was the case for the previous two with Kimetsu no Yaiba. On top of that, 4 Volumes of Blu-rays were announced, with the only episode on the 1st one being the double length Episode 01. A total of 5 Episodes splitted into 4 Volumes would be way too weird... In my opinion, 40 minutes of Episodes per Volume (so 6 or 7 Episodes depending on the length of the final one) seems more likely.
@Alexioos95 ok so maybe the leak of 8 episodes total is true then
May 13, 8:03 AM
Nov 2023
deg said:
@lucas_tong_3133 agreed it should have been a movie since its only a 9 manga chapters arc anyway

Ya. Better off to make a movie than spilt it up into a season with abit more filler scenes imo
May 13, 10:00 AM
Jul 2022
lucas_tong_3133 said:
deg said:

Ya. Better off to make a movie than spilt it up into a season with abit more filler scenes imo

Why add more steps than necessary?
Movie------>Wait 12 months------->Split into episodes
Or
Release episodes from the start
And if you want all the story at once, just binge it once it finishes airing, without the need to pay for a movie ticket or having to deal with people at a theater.
WestOnAndrewAveMay 13, 10:19 AM
May 13, 10:13 AM
Nov 2021
Taisho era secrets revealed that every hashira will be covered, meaning a minimum of 7 eps for every active hashira
May 13, 10:15 AM

May 2021
It’s confirmed 8 episodes. The last episode always lines up with the release of the 1st Blu-Ray which comes out July 3rd.
My Candies:

Bonus:
May 13, 1:10 PM
Dec 2022
it's 8 episodes like the leakers said. this is a completely different thing
May 13, 7:35 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to lucas_tong_3133
@lucas_tong_3133 This arc is so bad no one would bother going to the cinema to watch it, it would be very bad after the record breaking numbers their film had.
May 13, 7:53 PM
Jun 2015
Wow. What a disappointment 😞 Waited a year for this bullshit?
May 14, 3:42 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to curvedtree
@lucas_tong_3133 This arc is so bad no one would bother going to the cinema to watch it, it would be very bad after the record breaking numbers their film had.
@curvedtree
I mean... they did make a "movie" out of this 40~ ish mins episode by mixing the season 3 fight scene into it.
And they make quite a bit of money out of it as expected despite it's not even worth calling a movie, and not even worth watching in a theatre too.
It's the same with season 3 "movie", since Demon Slayer is a stupidly popular ip, they gonna milk this mediocre IP to its full potential.

I bet season 5 would not end the story. Not only would they make another 1 episode "movie" out of it, they would leave it at climax of the last arc and make ANOTHER full movie fighting Muzan.

I actually never see an IP milking this many money by making movies out of every season, and Demon Slayer probably going to be the one.
Ventus_SMay 15, 11:35 PM
May 14, 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to Ventus_S
@curvedtree
I mean... they did make a "movie" out of this 40~ ish mins episode by mixing the season 3 fight scene into it.
And they make quite a bit of money out of it as expected despite it's not even worth calling a movie, and not even worth watching in a theatre too.
It's the same with season 3 "movie", since Demon Slayer is a stupidly popular ip, they gonna milk this mediocre IP to its full potential.

I bet season 5 would not end the story. Not only would they make another 1 episode "movie" out of it, they would leave it at climax of the last arc and make ANOTHER full movie fighting Muzan.

I actually never see an IP milking this many money by making movies out of every season, and Demon Slayer probably going to be the one.
@Ventus_S It has been sometime since I finished the manga, but didn't the Muzan fight take way too long? Besides, if they don't change the original, I don't think they would make a movie out of that, casuals just wouldn't understand, but people that read the manga or watched the anime would, but the people that usually make those anime films go blockbusters are the casuals. So if they really go for the last fight as a film route, they will have to adapt the original somehow. I hope they make the fight shorter too, I have this impression I spent months reading that last fight, never seen a pacing so slow.
May 20, 2:23 AM

Aug 2015
there are currently 5 chapters left for the hashira arc that are not in the anime (132-136), the first episode adapted 4 chapters and second episode 2 chapters, it is really difficult to see how it would need 6 episodes for the remaining 5 chapters, unless it is completely filled with irrelevant filler and comedy which wouldnt make sense, if it was really 8 episodes it should have gone in the infinity castle arc normally

@lucas_tong_3133 one of the seven deadly sins seasons had like 4 episodes or something, although not sure if considered a season
ElfezenYesterday, 12:14 AM
May 20, 9:36 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Elfezen
there are currently 5 chapters left for the hashira arc that are not in the anime (132-136), the first episode adapted 4 chapters and second episode 2 chapters, it is really difficult to see how it would need 6 episodes for the remaining 5 chapters, unless it is completely filled with irrelevant filler and comedy which wouldnt make sense, if it was really 8 episodes it should have gone in the infinity castle arc normally

@lucas_tong_3133 one of the seven deadly sins seasons had like 4 episodes or something, although not sure if considered a season
@Elfezen Stop spreading Misinfo. Episode 1 adapted 2.4 chapters, Episode 2 adapted 1.6 chapters. This season has 7 episodes (as per Bluray Releases, 4 releases each with 1-2-2-2 episodes.) Rest of 5 episodes should cover 132-139 at the pace of 1.6 chapters per episode.
May 20, 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to I_frad_4488
@Elfezen Stop spreading Misinfo. Episode 1 adapted 2.4 chapters, Episode 2 adapted 1.6 chapters. This season has 7 episodes (as per Bluray Releases, 4 releases each with 1-2-2-2 episodes.) Rest of 5 episodes should cover 132-139 at the pace of 1.6 chapters per episode.
@I_frad_4488 He didn't lie though? You just repeated exactly what he just said, they covered 4 chapters so far. Also, the arc ends abruptly to start the final arc in 136. Everyone was weirded out by that even back in the day it was publishing, that's just how this arc works. If it covers up to 139 it just means it covers content not related to the arc, it doesn't mean it's misinformation of any sort.

There's no good stopping point either way, they should have just adapted the entire final portion in 36-39 episodes with split-cours.
May 21, 1:48 AM

Jan 2017
Danpmss said:
He didn't lie though? You just repeated exactly what he just said, they covered 4 chapters so far.

Unless i'm completely misreading, that user said they adapted 4 Chapters in Episode 01, and 2 in Episode 02, so a total of 6 Chapters.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 21, 5:23 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Alexioos95
Danpmss said:
He didn't lie though? You just repeated exactly what he just said, they covered 4 chapters so far.

Unless i'm completely misreading, that user said they adapted 4 Chapters in Episode 01, and 2 in Episode 02, so a total of 6 Chapters.
@Alexioos95 You indeed are misreading, he said there are 5 chapters left to adapt out of 9, and thus, the anime adapted 4 chapters so far (which is true).
Episode 1 adapted content from 4 chapters, 2 of which incompletely so. Episode 2 adapted content from 2 chapters, which was the remaining of 2 of those 4 chapters covered partially in the first.
DanpmssMay 21, 5:26 AM
May 21, 5:30 AM

Jan 2017
Danpmss said:
Episode 1 adapted content from 4 chapters, 2 of which incompletely so. Episode 2 adapted content from 2 chapters, which was the remaining of 2 of those 4 chapters covered partially in the first.

Oh, okay.

As none of that was explicit in his post and that he didn't mentioned that there was 9 Chapters for that Arc, on top of the fact that i don't remember much of the structure and content of how it was in the Manga, that looked kinda confusing, especially with the other user claiming it to be misinformation.

Edit : It's not me misreading tho, it's just that you have extra knowledge that let you interpret what that user really wanted to said.
Alexioos95May 21, 5:39 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 21, 5:29 PM
May 2023
shane_nichols said:
Wow. What a disappointment 😞 Waited a year for this bullshit?

Take it easy. Even though it's only 5 or 8 episodes, the animation and voice acting remain consistent. So, it's a positive thing.
May 21, 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Elfezen

@Elfezen Not to belittle whoever is in charge of the English Wiki about Kimetsu no Yaiba, but marking ch. 136 as the end of this arc has always felt weird for me. Technically, by looking at narration, story flow, core themes, this arc's last chapter should be ch. 139, not ch. 136. Stopping at ch. 136 has always sounded wacky, as if someone picked a random moment almost fully discretionary, without considering the elements I mentioned earlier.

It happened before as well. Remember how Mugen Train arc was marked on the Wiki to end with Tanjiro visiting Rengoku's estate? While in the show itself, that part of the story belonged to the different story arc (Entertainment District arc). It was a good change. Logical and preserving narration consistency when it came to dividing the story into separate parts (story arcs).

I guess the anime will go a similar way with the Pillar Training arc. At least various rumors indicated ch. 139 as the final chapter adapted this season.
May 22, 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Alexioos95
Danpmss said:

Oh, okay.

As none of that was explicit in his post and that he didn't mentioned that there was 9 Chapters for that Arc, on top of the fact that i don't remember much of the structure and content of how it was in the Manga, that looked kinda confusing, especially with the other user claiming it to be misinformation.

Edit : It's not me misreading tho, it's just that you have extra knowledge that let you interpret what that user really wanted to said.
@Alexioos95 I apologize if I've sounded condescending, but what I meant is that him saying there were 5 chapters remaining was the main point in the first place. Even without knowledge of how many chapters got covered in total, that much remains true.

Speaking of which, allow me to expand upon this other comment:
Adnash said:
Not to belittle whoever is in charge of the English Wiki about Kimetsu no Yaiba, but marking ch. 136 as the end of this arc has always felt weird for me. Technically, by looking at narration, story flow, core themes, this arc's last chapter should be ch. 139, not ch. 136. Stopping at ch. 136 has always sounded wacky, as if someone picked a random moment almost fully discretionary, without considering the elements I mentioned earlier.

@Adnash
About this one, it was because, if memory doesn't fail me, the start of the new arc (and a few months later confirmed to be indeed the final arc, in February 2019 by Jump, pic related) was stated to be chapter 137, even because it's where the conflict all of a sudden starts and escalates from there.

Which is why, much like in the english wiki, in Japan they also use chapter 137 as the start of the final arc, as soon as a certain someone makes a move towards a point of no return in the story, which triggers an emergency call. Even with speculations/predictions on what is considered or not THE full final arc (whether the countdown is a separate arc or not, that is).

Now, I honestly think that is a mess and that the final arc just should have started directly at the start of the training arc. I was never satisfied in the slightest how they separated it, but it is what it is.

DanpmssMay 22, 12:20 AM
May 26, 10:04 PM

Jun 2021
So we will have to wait another year for the good fights

More topics from this board

» Officially Confirmed to be 8 episodes

OvergrownRover - Yesterday

18 by PovZahraa »»
16 minutes ago

» Who were those 3 women?

BipulGamer07 - Yesterday

26 by PovZahraa »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

103 by TsutanaiFuun »»
1 hour ago

» shortcomings

Leon888 - May 26

13 by Phantom_373 »»
Yesterday, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

125 by x-Cellar_Door-x »»
Yesterday, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.